Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Hi Carol, We have an apartment in Rago 2 - Block 4. Signed the contract 2 years ago when the price was 140,000 Euros. Completion is imminent and we will do this through Spanish Solicitors Pelayo Moron who have English speaking staff. The Apartment is a second floor with a roof terrace, views of the bridge and across to the golf course and we are very pleased with it. As to value, we have been told at least 185,000 by Fadesa staff and local Agents. We have arranged our mortgage with BBVA who seem to offer the best deal. As we bought the property for investment we are looking to sell as soon as possible, so if you are interested in having something ready for occupation now, please send us a pm.
Regards Jan and Robin
If your lucky and sell it at the price they assume, it will just about pay the tax.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi jdr,

As I said yesterday the value of anything is the amount someone else is prepared to give to take it from you. Then you have to factor in all the costs of buying, selling and holding to determine if you have a profit or not These costs under the current Spanish CGT regime are high. If changes happen as a result of the European Court action it will be lower but you then have to factor additional holding costs against lower CGT.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by jdr
If your lucky and sell it at the price they assume, it will just about pay the tax.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:37 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
In Jan the EU Commission announced that it was to refer the Spanish Government to the Court of Justice over the CGT of non-residents. The Commission consider it illegal but it the Court is yet to hear the case.

Non Residents cannot get CGT relief if they buy elsewhere in Spain.

I attach the basic guide for Non Residents Spain produces and the link to the court case is below

Best
Loco

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/pressRele...guiLanguage=en

Thanks Loco. The PDF is particularly useful.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether the Spanish CGT relief is available or not, CGT is still payable in the UK on the sale of a foreign property by a UK resident. Under the double taxation relief rules, any Spanish tax paid will be taken into account when your UK liability is calculated.

Paul

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi

My understanding, and I'm sure that there will be someone who is better versed than me, is that 1 the CGT % for non residents has been deemed illegal by the EU (35% for non residents) and 2 that if you sell and purchase elsewher in Spain then you can claim back some if not all of the tax.

Good luck
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
...Glad to see someone was interested
Tricia
Thanks, Tricia. I'm always interested! Have a look at eye on isla canela site. http://eyeonislacanela.com/eoc/eoicf...fid=1&tid=4027 I think the webcam overlooking the Guadiana is operational. Not tried the "webcam test page" instructions as yet ('fraid my computer might go 'kaboom!) Technophobe or what?
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Apr 4th 2006 at 9:45 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirrom
if you take what im taking you may sound a little less ARROGANT..................VIVA ES.

My original comment that seems to have raised your blood pressure
was and I quote " to keep the riff raff out or MAYBE IN not to sure"
a small attempt at self deprecation which u obviously missed.So hardly arrogance on my part.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thanks, Tricia. I'm always interested! Have a look at eye on isla canela site. http://eyeonislacanela.com/eoc/eoicf...fid=1&tid=4027 I think the webcam overlooking the Guadiana is operational. Not tried the "webcam test page" instructions as yet ('fraid my computer might go 'kaboom!) Technophobe or what?
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol

Yes, it went live yesterday afternoon (it stops at 5pm our time though each day). Go to the home page of www.eyeonislacanela.com click on the webcam link at the bottom of the page (not the video one) and hey presto, the Guadiana. I did not have to load anything on my comp it went straight through but there are instructions on the forum, I think that's maybe if your comp isn't up to it.

Tricia
Old Apr 5th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Tricia. Much easier this way!

shirley and anthony, I understood your post, and do not think you sounded arrogant.
sirrom, I think your post was out of order (Oh yes, chastise the behaviour and not the person...here we go!)
Tranquila!
Carol
Old Apr 5th 2006, 2:07 am
Just Joined

ristemar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hello, I am new to all this, but have bought a town house at Esuri, and have been looking around at various furniture shops, found a new showroom in Ayamonte called Casarama really nice furniture and lighting. 2000euros for a one bed package. Thought that was excellent value, well worth having a look . A very satisfied customer. All I need now is the house to be ready!Regards, Restemar
Thanks again Tricia. Much easier this way!

shirley and anthony, I understood your post, and do not think you sounded arrogant.
sirrom, I think your post was out of order (Oh yes, chastise the behaviour and not the person...here we go!)
Tranquila!
Carol
Old Apr 5th 2006, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mike and Carol
re Airport according to Oracle "possible locations are Gibraleon, Lepe, Moguer or Cartaya. Also Spain will have another circuit to host Formula One testing in Huelva...Carol and I have spent three weeks in our apartment, and I though I should let others know about our experience.
Hi Mike and Carol,
Enjoyed reading your post about settling in, and the plans for shops in the area. Thanks.
Re: The Oracle. Has there been a recent online issue? Still see the one with the monument on the front page.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 5th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I´ve seen this development, but it's got nothing to do with Costa Esuri. I think Titan properties have a few errors on their webpage. It is located in Ayamonte town. Very nice but out of my budget. There are more details at another agent´s webpage - http://www.dreamhomesww.com/index.cf...taluz.cdl5.cfm
Cool. However the re-sale plots are costa esuri. I'll check out the website...ta...G
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol&John,

If you scroll right down to the bottom of the Oracle page you will see that it is described as a test page. I picked up a hard copy of that original edition when we were out in February and I must say I was disappointed, it was definitely not up to the standard of the Guardiana in hard news content so I am not breaking my neck to get the next issue.

I heard a rumour that the Guardiana Editor Jon Stevens who wrote most of the Editorial content was assaulted in Seville to warn him off publishing more of the same and was badly beaten!

Regards, :scared:

John.
Hi Mike and Carol,
Enjoyed reading your post about settling in, and the plans for shops in the area. Thanks.
Re: The Oracle. Has there been a recent online issue? Still see the one with the monument on the front page.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi GerryW,

I had a really good trawl through the plots and found on who's description most nearly matched mine. R 14-1 1077.12 sq m mine is 1066.98 sq m Southwest facing views over several fairways and greens with the best views to the border bridge on the whole site. R 14-1 is for sale at €190.000 I will have paid €121.000 for mine but if you factor in all my buying and selling costs, not including my Architects fees and taxes on both transactions I would loose money. Not a lot but a loss non the less and that presupposes that I quickly find someone with the same taste as me for big bridges and a bulging pocket book.

Am I worried NO NO! I bought the plot not as a speculation but as a home in the sun. I would hope to be carried from there in a box 25+ years from now leaving an endowment to my three kids for their lifetimes probably worth more than I can imagine if CE develops as we all hope it will over the next ten years.

I can't repeat often enough that the value of something is only what you can get somebody to pay to take it off your hands. I am sure that if I put it on the market with three agents they would all be talking around €200.000 but that would give them a big fat €20.000 fee and how long would I wait to get my money back, your guess is as good as mine.

Regards,

Originally Posted by GerryW
Cool. However the re-sale plots are costa esuri. I'll check out the website...ta...G
Old Apr 5th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=John & Kath]...If you scroll right down to the bottom of the Oracle page you will see that it is described as a test page...[QUOTE]
Hi,
Just seen it! Thanks!
Re: rumour. Wouldn't want to mess with the press, in anybody's country.
Buenas noches,
Carol
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=John & Kath]Hi jdr,

As I said yesterday the value of anything is the amount someone else is prepared to give to take it from you. Then you have to factor in all the costs of buying, selling and holding to determine if you have a profit or not These costs under the current Spanish CGT regime are high. If changes happen as a result of the European Court action it will be lower but you then have to factor additional holding costs against lower CGT.

Regards,

John.[/QUOTE

It's difficult to think of many forms of investment that don't potentially attract CGT or the equivalent, whether in the UK or abroad, unless you are a Rothschild or someone similar and are able to shelter vast sums of money in tax havens. I suppose you could invest all your money in a series of ISAs, but it would take over 8 years of maximum contributions from a couple to save up as much as the cost of a Rago apartment. Also, I have yet to hear of an ISA that you can sit on and enjoy the sun while admiring the view and enjoying a glass or three, let alone one you can walk to the golf course from.

From what I've read about Spanish CGT, the same sort of allowances are available as with UK CGT - i.e. you deduct all initial acquisiton costs (including taxes) plus improvement costs before calculating the tax. And of course the tax is on the gain, not the whole of the resale price. If you bought a second home in the UK, it would be just the same - you can only claim CGT exemption for one home. If Costa Esuri becomes your only home, then presumably you are entitled to Spanish residents' CGT exemption.

The non-residents' CGT rule in Spain sounds to me to be pretty much the same as it is in the UK- but I'm sure someone better-informed than me will tell us if I'm wrong.

A favourite saying of stockbrokers is "don't let the tax tail wag the investment dog". While I suppose you might say that "they would say that, wouldn't they?", it's ultimately a question of priorities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.