Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 27th 2006, 3:26 am
Just Joined

mattmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

I've researched this area myself. The spanish tend to buy a car and run it 'till it dies, like we used to do in the UK before every-one lost the plot and had to have the latest reg'.

This means there's a big shortage of second vehicles.

I reckon the cheapest way is to buy LHD car in the UK which tend to be way cheaper than their RHD counterparts, and drive it to Spain.

The same applies to secondhand motorbikes, which are in fact way cheaper in UK than Spain, especially superbikes.

'hope this helps.

Mattmar

Originally Posted by bernie and jan
Hola all

Want to buy a car to use and leave at the apartment, can anyone help me? with regard to garages in the Ayamonte area, looking for a Second hand Ford Focuc type.

Thanks Jan and Bernie
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:20 am
Just Joined

GEORGE&YVONNE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
All you need is an NIE number, by the way the card is an A4 sheet of paper
Hi JDR,
I'm afraid you're wrong on this one, a non-resident you needs either his/her "Escritura" (title deeds) or a certificate of "Empadronamiento" from the Town Hall or a rental contract of one years duration as well as his/her NIE number.
Regards George
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by billybassett
It is shocking to learn of any development that goes wrong, and Spain has its fair share. You have to feel for the buyers caught up, but when investing in anything, be that property, shares, businesses, you can only do so much research, and then make adequate provision to protect your investment, in this case by getting bank guarantees, impartial advice and a good solicitor.

There's a risk involved in crossing the road but I do it most days. I do however limit the risk by looking both ways and being aware and cautious. I've taken the same approach when choosing to invest in my home in England and on CE. One of the reasons I chose CE was that it was being developed by Fadesa. I did lots of research on them and other developments of theirs and felt confident that my money was as safe as it could be.

You can do no more other than not take the risk at all, and keep your money under the mattress.

My money being in Ayamonte seems much more attractive.
Talking of solicitors, is anyone out there using Miguel Gallardo and have set up a Spanish company? If so please send me a pm as I would like to talk fees and invoices.

Old Jan 27th 2006, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mattmar
I've researched this area myself. The spanish tend to buy a car and run it 'till it dies, like we used to do in the UK before every-one lost the plot and had to have the latest reg'.

This means there's a big shortage of second vehicles.

I reckon the cheapest way is to buy LHD car in the UK which tend to be way cheaper than their RHD counterparts, and drive it to Spain.

The same applies to secondhand motorbikes, which are in fact way cheaper in UK than Spain, especially superbikes.

'hope this helps.

Mattmar
For a minute then I though you were going to say lefthanded motorbikes
Old Jan 27th 2006, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Andy,

sorry, can't help with regards to this lawyer.

I think there are a couple of Spanish lawyers who may be able to provide advice on normal costs for doing this, and they usually respond to questions on www.spanishpropertyinsight.com. It may be wothwhile posting a question??

Alternatively, there is a website - www.marbella-lawyers.com where you can also ask questions, and where there is a library of articles on this subject.

Hope this helps,

Karen
Old Jan 27th 2006, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by billybassett
Andy,

sorry, can't help with regards to this lawyer.

I think there are a couple of Spanish lawyers who may be able to provide advice on normal costs for doing this, and they usually respond to questions on www.spanishpropertyinsight.com. It may be wothwhile posting a question??

Alternatively, there is a website - www.marbella-lawyers.com where you can also ask questions, and where there is a library of articles on this subject.

Hope this helps,

Karen
Karen,

Thanks very much for the info. I'll follow up.

Andy
Old Jan 27th 2006, 6:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GEORGE&YVONNE
Hi JDR,
I'm afraid you're wrong on this one, a non-resident you needs either his/her "Escritura" (title deeds) or a certificate of "Empadronamiento" from the Town Hall or a rental contract of one years duration as well as his/her NIE number.
Regards George
Funny, cos I own two cars and all that was needed was NIE number, address, note of sale from seller to change ownership, and of course the cash.

The NIE number is similar to his Belgian ID, it is so that they can keep an eye on you taxwise, and most things can be traced through the number.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 27th 2006 at 6:41 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 9:43 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GEORGE&YVONNE
Hi JDR,
Regards George
Hi George,

We have just bought a car. You are right, we needed a certificate of Empadronamiento to be able to insure the car.

Regards Sam
Old Jan 27th 2006, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Everyone

[Here are a few pics to brighten up a cold night in January in UK...hope you enjoy.

Mike and Di
Many Thanks for the photos Mike & Di. Can you recall the Apartment Bloque number ? We hope to complete the purchase of our Apartment on Bloque 8 before the end of January, as we are going out for a week from 11th to 18th Feb.

Things have certainly moved on since our last visit in October 05. The photos I took of the Apartment, and surrounding area can still be seen on the 'hidden' pages of my website at www.rjdawson.co.uk/esuri by anyone who wants to compare then and now. I hope to take lots more in February, and will post them on our return.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob

It was the last block on the right hand side, not sure of the number. Opposite the orange power station

Mike
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Many Thanks for the photos Mike & Di. Can you recall the Apartment Bloque number ? We hope to complete the purchase of our Apartment on Bloque 8 before the end of January, as we are going out for a week from 11th to 18th Feb.

Things have certainly moved on since our last visit in October 05. The photos I took of the Apartment, and surrounding area can still be seen on the 'hidden' pages of my website at www.rjdawson.co.uk/esuri by anyone who wants to compare then and now. I hope to take lots more in February, and will post them on our return.
Hi Bob

It was the last block on the right hand side, not sure of the number. Opposite the orange power station

Hi Bob and Mike

the last block on the right hand side on the roadside standing opposite the orange power station is block 10..See postings 860 & 861 on page 58.........Graham

Mike[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Graham G; Jan 28th 2006 at 1:01 am. Reason: incomplete
Old Jan 28th 2006, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi Bob

Hi Bob and Mike

the last block on the right hand side on the roadside standing opposite the orange power station is block 10..See postings 860 & 861 on page 58.........Graham

Mike
[/QUOTE]

THE POWER STATION
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-power-station.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2006, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

THE POWER STATION[/QUOTE]

Looks more like a restaurant!!
Old Jan 28th 2006, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Due to recent changes in the Law a non resident should not even be able to get a Empadronamiento as you have to be "habitually" resident" in the town and legally resident is Spain. That is to say unless you are Spanish in nearly all cases you must have a ‘resident’s card’ or have applied for one.

You certainly do not need to have one to insure a car here but it you want to buy and register one you must show one of the following:

1. A residents card
2. The title deed to a home in Spain which must be for a dwelling and not a business and it must be in the personal name of the owner and not in the name of a company.
3. An Empadronamiento
4. A rental contract for a dwelling for a period of at least one year.

Of course this being Spain I know a few non residents who hold a Empadronamiento, JDR didn't need to show any of the above and the insurance company demanded to see Sams Empadronamiento.

Anyone buying a second hand car here should get an HPI style check done as debts can be attached to cars here and a major car ringing operation was uncovered in Huelva last year.

Best
Loco

We have just bought a car. You are right, we needed a certificate of Empadronamiento to be able to insure the car.

Regards Sam[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 28th 2006, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=tednsharon]
Originally Posted by Dantill

I spoke to the shed today on the phone to ask if I do my snagging in 2 weeks when I would be in Ayamonte (dec 3 to 6). But was told I would not be able to snag or get into my townhouse on manzana 6 until late march early april. Because they would be doing manzana 1 to 4 first and then manzana 5 and 6. Its starting to annoy me now

Hi
I wouldn't get too stressed - have just returned from a flying visit to see whether the snagging we compiled back in August had been completed - basically most items had not been started. Fortunately we're not in a hurry to complete, but I am surprised that Fadesa aren't trying to get the money in a bit quicker.

The site is coming on in leaps and bounds it's amazing what a few palm trees and a lick of paint can make!!

FYI anyone wanting a cheap hotel - would recommend the Riviali - just down from the Parador - very clean, cheap and friendly - good place to try out your Spanish !!
Cheers
Al
Old Jan 28th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Question Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=Cptnemo]
Originally Posted by tednsharon

Hi
I wouldn't get too stressed - have just returned from a flying visit to see whether the snagging we compiled back in August had been completed - basically most items had not been started. Fortunately we're not in a hurry to complete, but I am surprised that Fadesa aren't trying to get the money in a bit quicker.

The site is coming on in leaps and bounds it's amazing what a few palm trees and a lick of paint can make!!

FYI anyone wanting a cheap hotel - would recommend the Riviali - just down from the Parador - very clean, cheap and friendly - good place to try out your Spanish !!
Cheers
Al
Hi,
Does anyone have the directions from Seville Airport, I do remember in a previous post someone saying it is easy to get on the wrong road. My daughter is going at easter, although I have evry confidence in her driving skills in the U.K. this will be the first time in Europe and some really accurate directions would be a great help to her .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.