Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 28th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=olivia]
Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi,
Does anyone have the directions from Seville Airport, I do remember in a previous post someone saying it is easy to get on the wrong road. My daughter is going at easter, although I have evry confidence in her driving skills in the U.K. this will be the first time in Europe and some really accurate directions would be a great help to her .

I'm going from recollection but it is really easy from Seville - leave airport follow signs to City Centre/Cadiz, continue until you see the signs to Huelva - you go on the ring road and as long as you follow the signs to Huelva you cant go wrong. Follow until you get on the E1 A49 which is the motorway to Portugal. Exit at Ayamonte.

You could also print off a route from www.viamichelin.com
Old Jan 28th 2006, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

GEORGE&YVONNE is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Loco]Due to recent changes in the Law a non resident should not even be able to get a Empadronamiento as you have to be "habitually" resident" in the town and legally resident is Spain. That is to say unless you are Spanish in nearly all cases you must have a ‘resident’s card’ or have applied for one.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Loco,
An interesting point, have you any more details, my understanding and personal experience in Spain has been that theTown Hall usually encourages non-resident property owners onto the "Padron" to increase their share of central government funding for population based sevices like police etc
Regards
George
PS Ayamonte Town Hall does'nt seem to have heard about any change!
Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Olivia,

I did this route for the first time last September off the evening Ryanair flight from Stansted so it was just going dusk. It was really easy just as Cptnemo described it. Just one tricky bit alongside city centre where the sign for Huelva is awkwardly placed and if you miss it as I did you just go on to the next R/about 100m and come back up the other side and you can see the Huelva sign perfectly well from this angle and follow Huelva onto the A 49 then Portugal.

On the return leg you follow Sevilla and then Cordoba signs right up to the airport. If you have a hire car and want to refuel there is a petrol station tucked under the last intersection before the airport slip road you just leave and rejoin and almost immediately turn right onto the slip road.

Regards,

John.
[QUOTE=Cptnemo]
Originally Posted by olivia
I'm going from recollection but it is really easy from Seville - leave airport follow signs to City Centre/Cadiz, continue until you see the signs to Huelva - you go on the ring road and as long as you follow the signs to Huelva you cant go wrong. Follow until you get on the E1 A49 which is the motorway to Portugal. Exit at Ayamonte.

Old Jan 28th 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi George & Yvonne,

No Taxation without representation is my belief and I shall make every effort to register and vote early and vote often.

Regards,

John.

[QUOTE=GEORGE&YVONNE]
Originally Posted by Loco
Hi Loco,
An interesting point, have you any more details, my understanding and personal experience in Spain has been that theTown Hall usually encourages non-resident property owners onto the "Padron" to increase their share of central government funding for population based sevices like police etc
Regards
George
Old Jan 28th 2006, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

IVYGIRL is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondered if there were any other end townhouse buyers out there wondering what they're going to do about the lack of kitchen units supplied by the builder (I think its got something to do with that particular layout having two windows and two doors). Conforta seem to think that if enough people want extra units they can sort out a good deal with the supplier.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 10:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=GEORGE&YVONNE]
Originally Posted by Loco
Due to recent changes in the Law a non resident should not even be able to get a Empadronamiento as you have to be "habitually" resident" in the town and legally resident is Spain. That is to say unless you are Spanish in nearly all cases you must have a ‘resident’s card’ or have applied for one.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Loco,
Regards
George
As loco says how can you legally apply to be a resident (padron) if you are not a resident ?
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:17 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Cptnemo]
Originally Posted by olivia

I'm going from recollection but it is really easy from Seville

Good tip. Out of interest, does anyone have a leisurely, picturesque route from the UK to CE they would particularly recommend?

Regards, Jules
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:03 am
Just Joined

GEORGE&YVONNE is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jdr]
Originally Posted by GEORGE&YVONNE

As loco says how can you legally apply to be a resident (padron) if you are not a resident ?
HI JDR,
I think you are missing my point, which is, has the law changed?
Regards George
Old Jan 29th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi Bob

It was the last block on the right hand side, not sure of the number. Opposite the orange power station

Hi Bob and Mike

the last block on the right hand side on the roadside standing opposite the orange power station is block 10..See postings 860 & 861 on page 58.........Graham

Mike
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the extra info. This is good news. I noticed last October that blocques 1-3, and 4-6 were progressively further on than 7-9, so if Bloque 10 looks this good, it bodes well for our Bloque 8. Roll on Feb 1th !
Old Jan 29th 2006, 11:43 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Marisol, Karen & Byrony
Thank you for your messages to put things back into perspective but I wasn't saying the delay was a Spanish issue, it is a Fadesa responsibility regardless of their nationality. The delay up to now has not bothered me too much, I never really expected completion until 06 anyway. However as the original date was Aug 05 and I have a letter ( the ONLY letter ever) from Fadesa dated July 05 telling me that the property is almost complete and to sort out finance etc I do not feel too relaxed about their customer service ability. I will be fine with it if the building, the site. the future maintenance of the area is all as expected but I do think that they are treating all of us, who have spent a considerable sum on money, with a rather cavalier and "could not care" attitude. I am not of course referring to any person in particular as my only contact has been Paula and she has been very considerate but I feel she does not have Fadesa support in her efforts. If all is not completed by the end of March I think an 8 month delay is a bit much. More that the delay however is the complete lack of info. Thank goodness for this site and people like yourselves who give us all feedback and photos. If it is due to the town hall, then they are not the people who we have invested with, our business contact is Fadesa and the occasional circuler letter would be courteous (at the very least) to advise us.
As already said on this site though we can do nothing but wait for our call out date to snag but as Al posted, he has just returned after snagging in Aug and nothing has been done. By the way Al. I think I stopped at the Riviali, very Spanish, very clean and lovely happy people. How much did you pay per night please? If our place is not ready in April I will probably need to book in there

Ivygirl...I wasn't aware of the lack of kitchen units, and won't know until we see the place but if there are too few we would be interested in adding more.

Wills - Miguel Gallardo has reduced his fee from £250 per person to £190 dependant on how many clients he gets. I have asked him to confirm that this £190 does include a English version of the Spanish will and am waiting for a reply.

Regards to all.............and I will chill

Mel
Old Jan 29th 2006, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

chelski is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i have just found a new furniture and lighting store in ayamonte very helpfull and very good prices website www.casaramahomefurnishing.com well worh a visit
Old Jan 29th 2006, 1:34 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi All

Can anyone email/pm us with some detailed directions so we can drive up the Portuguese side of the Guardiana to Alcoutim, please. We are over next weekend with Ed's dad and he has said he would quite like to do that trip.

Many thanks.
Sharon
Old Jan 29th 2006, 2:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=GEORGE&YVONNE]
Originally Posted by jdr
HI JDR,
I think you are missing my point, which is, has the law changed?
Regards George
Not sure aout this particular one, but loco says it has.
Laws in Spain change to suit those in charge almost as quickly as bar owners change But like I say you have to be a resident in Spain to apply for a padron. Its like me saying I am resident in England.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Angie & Jules]
Originally Posted by Cptnemo

Good tip. Out of interest, does anyone have a leisurely, picturesque route from the UK to CE they would particularly recommend?

Regards, Jules

Hi Jules,
I agree that the michelin site is a good tip! Thanks, Cptnemo.
We are planning to drive from Madrid to Ayamonte this summer. I thought it would be interesting to travel via Extremadura. Does anyone have any tales to tell along this route?
Maybe this topic could become a sub-thread, as in "Is this the way to Ayamonte?"
Carol
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Carol&John]
Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Hi Jules,
I agree that the michelin site is a good tip! Thanks, Cptnemo.
We are planning to drive from Madrid to Ayamonte this summer. I thought it would be interesting to travel via Extremadura. Does anyone have any tales to tell along this route?
Maybe this topic could become a sub-thread, as in "Is this the way to Ayamonte?"
Carol
Hi Carol & John,

When are you planing to go? Last year the Telegraph published some tourist routes linked to the Euro 2004 and I stored the page with a route from Madrid to Lisbon through Extramadura with stop overs in Paradors and the like. Thought we might use it someday when we were in Ayamonte. Don't know where it is just now and we are packing for Ayamonte tonight so don't have time but when we get back next month I will look it out and copy the relevant bits.

Regards,

John.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.