Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 17th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Graham G
The show property for the Rago apartment in the Fedessa shed now has some very nice shower screens in both bathrooms. Has anybody managed to track down a supplier for these at reasonable prices??
We got all ours at Leroy Merlin. This is a French Company with stores all over Spain. They are evry bit as good as B.& Q. Warehouse stores in the U.K. The nearest is at Aljaraque about 35 kms from Ayamonte in the direction of Huelva.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Agreed but I doubt Fadesa would try to get customers to complete without one. Some agents may of course do

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by jdr
You would be extremely niave to complete your purchase of a plot in Spain that doesn`t have a licence.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Andy C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Cristina completed as arranged on our behalf on 8 Feb ( but did not e-mail to let us know)
So we arrived midday 9.Feb very apprehensively with all fingers crossed.
No one from Fadesa in shed to talk to but Sandra from Conforta said that Consuela was up on site with Gas man and we should meet her there to get our keys.
Drove up and two guys arrived ,turned the gas on ,showed me in sign language how to turn the boiler on ( no manual) but could not use it as no electricity (LA Luz) or Water ( Agua).
Consuela arrived ,handed over keys and arranged for a site guy from Fadesa to turn on water and electric.He arrived within minutes and did just that.
We spent rest of the week cleaning and shopping and more cleaning and shopping and screwing things to walls. Actually moved in to apartment from Saturday until Friday. It is cold when the sun goes down so you need a heater or two if you intend doing the same in the next month or two.
We are very pleased with the apartment ,its layout and that of the whole apartment complex. Much planting and landscaping has been completed and is added to each day by teams of guys.
The more people who complete the better in order to push Fadesa into implementing block cleaning ,rubbish collections etc which are not happening yet.
With regard to snagging. some but not all was completed before our arrival. I went up to see David in the shed and he apologised but said he would now make us a priority. I added some other snags I had noted to his list and a workman arrived the following day and rectified most of them with a promise to come back and sort the rest.
So whilst the Fadesa customer relations continues to unimpress they seem to be getting things done and the development is taking shape and beginning to look very impressive.
Hope to see some of you out there early April ( try Ja's bar at the beach, Isla Canella ,very helpful English couple Alan and Pat)
cheers
Andy C
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on completing, Andy C!
Carol
Old Feb 17th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you and congratulations on setting foot in your new home. Can't wait to join you.

Paul and Dawn

Originally Posted by Andy C
Hi All
Cristina completed as arranged on our behalf on 8 Feb ..... the development is taking shape and beginning to look very impressive.
Hope to see some of you out there early April ( try Ja's bar at the beach, Isla Canella ,very helpful English couple Alan and Pat)
cheers
Andy C
Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Hi All
Cristina completed as arranged on our behalf on 8 Feb ( but did not e-mail to let us know)
No one from Fadesa in shed to talk to but Sandra from Conforta said that Consuela was up on site with Gas man and we should meet her there to get our keys.
Drove up and two guys arrived ,turned the gas on ,showed me in sign language how to turn the boiler on ( no manual) but could not use it as no electricity (LA Luz) or Water ( Agua).
Consuela arrived ,handed over keys and arranged for a site guy from Fadesa to turn on water and electric.He arrived within minutes and did just that.
We spent rest of the week cleaning and shopping and more cleaning and shopping and screwing things to walls. Actually moved in to apartment from Saturday until Friday. It is cold when the sun goes down so you need a heater or two if you intend doing the same in the next month or two.
We are very pleased with the apartment ,its layout and that of the whole apartment complex. Much planting and landscaping has been completed and is added to each day by teams of guys.
The more people who complete the better in order to push Fadesa into implementing block cleaning ,rubbish collections etc which are not happening yet.
With regard to snagging. some but not all was completed before our arrival. I went up to see David in the shed and he apologised but said he would now make us a priority. I added some other snags I had noted to his list and a workman arrived the following day and rectified most of them with a promise to come back and sort the rest.
So whilst the Fadesa customer relations continues to unimpress they seem to be getting things done and the development is taking shape and beginning to look very impressive.
cheers
Andy C
Well done , we are in block 10 and should be there about 9/10 March

Looking forward to at least some sun , but note that is cooler at night.

Mike and carol
Old Feb 18th 2006, 12:14 am
Just Joined

KathandSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All
cheers
Andy C
Hi there,

We are in bloque 11 and finally got our keys yesterday (friday 17th). We went to the notary in Huelva with our Solicitor and after an interesting hour during which we were convinced something would go wrong ... it didn't and we came out clutching the keys.

Tried to organise a builders clean with Conforta but there was a long queue so we will be back on Monday.

Consuelo has sadly left for pastures new and the other staff have only basic English; this surprises me when you consider how many of their clients are Brits.

Anyway we can now start with the lights, mozzi screens, air con etc and hope to be living there by April.

To all of you who are experiencing the frustrating delays ... keep on smiling and it will happen .. honest!

Steve.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

" the other staff have only basic English; this surprises me."

After much tongue biting I have decided that i can't comment on this statement without the chance of being banned
Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
" the other staff have only basic English; this surprises me."

After much tongue biting I have decided that i can't comment on this statement without the chance of being banned

yeah like the estate agents speak Spanish in the UK.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
yeah like the estate agents speak Spanish in the UK.
I am suprised at yours and 'big wheels' comments. I know of many British companies that employ 'native' speakers if that is where a good portion of their business comes from, it kind of makes good business sense

Tricia
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:16 am
Just Joined

bunty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tricia
I am suprised at yours and 'big wheels' comments. I know of many British companies that employ 'native' speakers if that is where a good portion of their business comes from, it kind of makes good business sense

Tricia
I could not agree with you more.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia

Tricia

It was the quote about only having basic English that did it.....
Its not just Brits that buy property in Spain, there are people from all over the world here, most of whom try to speak the native language and dont expect the Spanish to change, show some respect after all it is their country.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:22 am
Just Joined

sirrom will become famous soon enoughsirrom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr
Its not just Brits that buy property in Spain, there are people from all over the world here, most of whom try to speak the native language and dont expect the Spanish to change, show some respect after all it is their country.
glad you reminded me i was begining to think i was in el milton keynes sobre gaudiana.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

With bitten tongue placed firmly in cheek.
Maybe it's time for a Spanish version of this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4099770.stm

I wonder how many would pass
Old Feb 18th 2006, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr

Respect duly given, never in doubt. Doesn't change the fact that there is a large portion of English buyers on this development in question (wouldn't dream of commenting on others) and therefore sensible business practice would be to have staff who can speak more than 'basic' English to keep the punters informed. This was the 'suprise' so to speak and has nothing to do with whether the Brits should speaka da language of the country they are buying in, slowly slowly catchy monkey, but remember we 'Brits' are so to speak, the monkey here and fadesa are the company that want us to buy.

Tricia

ps Even with the best will in the world, managing to ask directions and simple questions is not really going to cut it in the world of property buying ie 'nice to meet you and can you tell me where the nearest petrol staion is' is not quite the same as 'when exactly will completion take place and you haven't replaced the broken plug in the sink yet'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.