Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by GerryW
Conforta are also providing a rental service and show the weekly rates etc they would rent the property out at..

www.conforta.org

Mind you, their property maintenance charges etc are steep...
You have to think..."if this lot are anything to do with Fadesa, are their service levels going to be non existent as well?" I, for one will give them a very wide berth.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

We are all currently living on rumour, I know of some who have already gained access to their properties.
Surely there must be someone from Fadesa who can give us up to date info on what is happening.
Is there a company e mail address or telephone number? if so lets get it and and let them know our feelings, the shed and London office seem to be a waste of time and only pay lip service.
Ned
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

If any one wants the telephone number and/or the email address of Fadesa's Director of Communications PM me.

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
We are all currently living on rumour, I know of some who have already gained access to their properties.
Surely there must be someone from Fadesa who can give us up to date info on what is happening.
Is there a company e mail address or telephone number? if so lets get it and and let them know our feelings, the shed and London office seem to be a waste of time and only pay lip service.
Ned
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Den H is an unknown quantity at this point

I had wondered about writing to who ever controls planning in Madrid as I would think they should be able to confirm if they have a problem with the Ayamonte Town Hall or the Costa Esuri site.
Dennis and Gill
Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Ned
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

PeterW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mattmar
Hi

I originally bought to the attention of the group, "the problem with surrounding land" a few weeks back. I'm awaiting completion on a parcela and I'm as disappointed as all here, that my information seems to be panning out exactly as I was reliably informed back in December 2005.

Mattmar
Hi to you all,

I have followed this thread with great interest - not because I am buying from Fadesa, but because I paid a deposit in Nov 2004 for an apartment on the "Sea & Sun" development that is also on the Costa Esuri development (slightly south-west of you guys, near the site for the hotel). The land for this development was sold by Fadesa to a company called United Buildings SL who have now gone into receivership - allegedly because one of the directors was somehow connected with the Operation White Whale investigations on the Costa del Sol.

As a result of their problems, the receivers have decided to sell the development on to another developer and that is due to take place in March.

You can imagine, therefore, that I was very interested in Mattmar's posting and I sent a copy of it to my lawyers BCP Abogados. Here is their reply:

"..I have contacted Fadesa regarding their development in Costa Esuri and according to them, licenses are in place and construction works are being normally carried out. I have done a search on possible news regarding the problem exposed on the link provided in your e-mail and there is no signal of that in any of the spanish newspapers. If any of that had occurred, it would have been advertised in the main newspapers inmediatley.

However, I have done this as a curiosity as per it does not affect at your purchase in anyway. The company that sold the property to you, i.e, United Building S.L is under Receivership. Court Receivers have decided that the best way to protect purchasers interests is selling the project to another company. If they have taken that decision is because construction works are taking place under its legal planning permissions. In other way, Court receivers would have stopped the sale and looked for a different solution, as per returning the money paid to you. .."

My experience of Court Receivers is that they are ruthless and thorough when it comes to doing deals - so I live in hope!

Kind regards,
Peter
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Peter, thanks for posting positive news about continuing development at CE. I didn't realise that the sea and sun development was in difficulty. It is still being advertised, presumably this is normal if it is simply being sold to another developer....And we think we have problems with Fadesa...

It must all have been extremely stressful for you, but it sounds as though things are now going in the right direction, and I wish you the best of luck. I hope the problems haven't put you off the CE site, as I still think it will be wonderful when it is finished.

My understanding of the Mattmar posts is that Fadesa are innocent in the infrastrucure problems, and that whatever the problems are, they will be short lived, ie, will be sorted out sooner rather than later from Madrid. Whilst not great for the plot owners, (further permissions potentially suspended whilst infrastructure issues sorted) the future of the site is not in any doubt.

I hope I'm not being naive about this, but to think that the whole development is at risk because of a single alleged corrupt official is taking the british fascination with conspiracy theories one step too far....IMHO.

We'll all be sat on our terraces in years to come and will have forgotten all about these "glitches".

Karen
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:50 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi

Thanks to all of you who replied to my request for directions to Alcoutim.

We made the journey on Sunday morning. It was bright and breezy on the coast when we left, but became much more overcast as we headed inward. However, the views are fantastic. We arrived in a very picturesque but deserted Alcoutim - just some locals standing around chatting. We wanted to find the Riverside Cafe as it had been recommended as a good place to have a drink and Eddie's dad wanted to chat to the English owners about fishing and when we found the cafe it had a sign in the window saying shut for the holidays!!! Better luck next time perhaps!

Sharon
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by billybassett
Peter, thanks for posting positive news about continuing development at CE. I didn't realise that the sea and sun development was in difficulty. It is still being advertised, presumably this is normal if it is simply being sold to another developer....And we think we have problems with Fadesa...

It must all have been extremely stressful for you, but it sounds as though things are now going in the right direction, and I wish you the best of luck. I hope the problems haven't put you off the CE site, as I still think it will be wonderful when it is finished.

My understanding of the Mattmar posts is that Fadesa are innocent in the infrastrucure problems, and that whatever the problems are, they will be short lived, ie, will be sorted out sooner rather than later from Madrid. Whilst not great for the plot owners, (further permissions potentially suspended whilst infrastructure issues sorted) the future of the site is not in any doubt.

I hope I'm not being naive about this, but to think that the whole development is at risk because of a single alleged corrupt official is taking the british fascination with conspiracy theories one step too far....IMHO.

We'll all be sat on our terraces in years to come and will have forgotten all about these "glitches".

Karen
Hi Karen

As a plot owner your paragraph about this not being good for plot owners is very disturbing!!!

Our Contract states planning permission granted and we know that we have to the building design approved before we can start build and as a previous thread points out this is a two stage approval.

Are you suggesting that our granted planning permission in our contract is null and void???

Or, are you just suggesting that no completions will take place for plot owners until Madrid have been satisfied on all counts?

Please enlighten..

Lynn
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:04 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I did say to myself when we moved over here that I wouldnt post anything I was told from the shed. The obvious reason being is things that are being said tend to change every week. Also the messenger tends to get shot - nk lol.

Anyway I popped into the Atlantico late yesterday afternoon to use the computer. I had a quick look at the forum and felt so depressed by the time I had finished reading it. So I decided to go to the shed this morning and try to find out some more info. Shock, horror, I have now had the same story for the last 2 weeks without it changing. Sorry to all non townhouse owners, but I did only get the info on them.

Here goes - Completions will start end of March or beginning April. They are going to complete manzanas 1,2 and 3 first. Then its manzana 4, finishing with 5 and 6 which by then will probably be May.

I have just been up to the site (again) to have a quick look round and heres the update. The communal area in manzana 2 is nearly complete, the paths are in and its just waiting to be seeded and plants. They are now doing the paths in the communal area of manzana 1. The road between man 1,2,3 and with 4 opposite is now being block paved. Theres 5 men doing the block paving and Benny reckons it will take them over a week to finish that road.
I have taken 3 pics of manzana 2 communal area for you.

Hope I have helped, I will be back at the shed this time next week to see if I get the same story. I will let you know.

Regards Sam
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:13 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, here are the photos. Had problems with the camera connection.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0001.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0002.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-phot0003.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:29 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Sorry, here are the photos. Had problems with the camera connection.
Sam

THANK YOU - for your posting, so many of us will be much happier for that. It was really good of you to take the time to go and get an answer for us from the shed and to send photos as well is a bonus.

Bless your cotton socks....ahhh you're pobably in flip-flops !!

Thanks again, we are there 6-10 April would love to meet you to buy you drink.

All the best Mel and John
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi Karen

As a plot owner your paragraph about this not being good for plot owners is very disturbing!!!

Our Contract states planning permission granted and we know that we have to the building design approved before we can start build and as a previous thread points out this is a two stage approval.

Are you suggesting that our granted planning permission in our contract is null and void???

Or, are you just suggesting that no completions will take place for plot owners until Madrid have been satisfied on all counts?

Please enlighten..

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

sorry you have been disturbed by the post. Not my intention at all. If you search this thread for posts by Mattmar, you will see that he has posted several times with worrying alleged information about the CE development, particularly in respect of plots. There have also been replies which have suggested that some are becoming increasingly concerned about the unsubstantiated reports from him. I'm simply suggesting that if his postings are correct, (no-one can corroborate or disprove them) that it will be sorted out, and that the future of the development is not in question.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Regards,

Karen
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,

I did say to myself when we moved over here that I wouldnt post anything I was told from the shed. The obvious reason being is things that are being said tend to change every week. Also the messenger tends to get shot - nk lol.

Anyway I popped into the Atlantico late yesterday afternoon to use the computer. I had a quick look at the forum and felt so depressed by the time I had finished reading it. So I decided to go to the shed this morning and try to find out some more info. Shock, horror, I have now had the same story for the last 2 weeks without it changing. Sorry to all non townhouse owners, but I did only get the info on them.

Here goes - Completions will start end of March or beginning April. They are going to complete manzanas 1,2 and 3 first. Then its manzana 4, finishing with 5 and 6 which by then will probably be May.

I have just been up to the site (again) to have a quick look round and heres the update. The communal area in manzana 2 is nearly complete, the paths are in and its just waiting to be seeded and plants. They are now doing the paths in the communal area of manzana 1. The road between man 1,2,3 and with 4 opposite is now being block paved. Theres 5 men doing the block paving and Benny reckons it will take them over a week to finish that road.
I have taken 3 pics of manzana 2 communal area for you.

Hope I have helped, I will be back at the shed this time next week to see if I get the same story. I will let you know.

Regards Sam
Hi,
My wife phoned Fedesa in London today about completion date for our townhouse in Manzana 6. She got a call back from Miguel who says that
completions will be in May.She asked why the delays and he said that there had been some problems with the land but these HAVE NOW been resolved and releases will start in March . So hopefully we won't be packing a primus stove and chemical toilet for the tented village when we go over in July.
Fingers crossed
Tony
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GerryW
Given the size and Multi-Billion Euro nature of ths development there is no way this will not get sorted. Are Fadesa still ploughing on completing off Townhouses, Apartments,Sculpting Golf Courses etc..of course they are because they know more than we do ..otherwise you can bet they would have stopped!
So its a pain that the legal side has not got sorted..yet.., but big money and politics has a way of resolving stuff...
Hi Gerry (and all the Gang),
You're quite right in what you say. One of my concerns is for any delay and the knock-on-effect with holidays, furniture, etc.
I guess we, the buyers, are "small fry in a big Fadesa ocean". Whomsoever may be the innocent or guilty "big fish" in this blockbuster, conspiracy-type (I agree with Karen) "idea for a novel" (you read it here first), we may never find out. I'm really looking forward to stepping out onto the terrace, and feeling the warmth from the terracotta tiles on my bare tootsies...(ok, just don't tell me it'll be January 2007!)
What a difference a day makes, eh?
Sam, thank you again for your post and the pics. You are like panacea (no...not the soft cheese!) to a worried mind.
Does anyone have news about carnaval in Ayamonte?
Regards,
Carol
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Loco
If any one wants the telephone number and/or the email address of Fadesa's Director of Communications PM me.

Best
Loco
Director of Non-Communications ..surely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.