Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 7th 2006, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi
Im sorry if this sounds like some silly questions. I am a regular user of this forum (so I should know this already), but Ive missed something: Can somebody kindly explain:

What is 'unfounded land', and why does this cause an issue please?
What is the tented village, please? Ive seen posts - but wondered how this affects us personally as buyers.

Jon
Hi Jon,
It took me awhile to scroll back through the pages, but I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming...
Re: unfounded land.
It is the worry that may be unfounded, not the land. Don't mistake "communal land", as in where the swimming pools are located, with land set aside for infrastructure (health clinic, school). Have a look at posts #877,#893. It effects us as buyers, because this may be a reason for the delay of completion. I stress the words "may be"; we need communication from Fadesa, and some reassurance.
Re: "tented village".
I meant this light-heartedly with reference to the builders' marquee. See posts #879, #880, #881. It, too, effects us as buyers if completion should be delayed into the summer months (planned holidays, rental etc.)
Thanks for the tip about viewing/snagging with the lack of electricity, too.
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 7th 2006 at 1:55 am.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:32 am
Just Joined

John&Sue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Hi John &Sue

We had no problem in getting it to our town house last month. She looked around the cupboard for the key in her office in the shed and off we all went. Much to our amazement !
I think possibly problem for next week is they are doing the front roads there? Honestly dont think anything sinister about it as our on Manzana 1 was completly finished inside. Agree with everyone that it is becomming annoying re lack of a completion date, but they told us at the shed last month would be late March and Superior our agent confirmed this...we shall see??

If you get chance to take some pics of the road and back garden/pool area they would be much appreciated.

reagrds

Mike & Di
Hi Mike and Diane
We have decided to 'turn up on site' regardless of the telephone conversation to see what they say face to face. We will try to take some photos too (if allowed to get anywhere near). The problem then will be putting them on the forum as we have never done that before! Not exactly technos!
If anyone is stopping at the Riu Atlantico between 10 - 17 Feb we will be in the bar with a G&T each night before dinner....and probably after too!

John & Sue
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Carol

It looks like steve and I will be spending our honeymoon in a tent If manzana 1 houses are not ready, (could be fun) we are getting married in May and have booked our flights for that month to spend in our new house, also was going to get the furniture etc.

Time will tell we must be patient.

Linda & Steve.

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Mel,
I can understand your frustration when the Aug 2005 date has long passed. Likewise, we were sent a standard Fadesa letter in Nov 2005 for a Dec completion date (Pueblo Andaluz). The lack of communication is a very big issue, and a major corporation of the likes of Fadesa should really know better. Perhaps it is time for a call to Galicia HQ? We are simply asking for news, not blood or money.
I'm not going to allow myself to worry about the land set aside for schools etc. Whatever has happened, has happend long ago, and I have enough grey hairs already...
Come June/July, the "tented village" might be standing room only!! (P.S. If worse comes to worse, check out the campsites, honestly!)
All the best too,
Carol
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John&Sue
Hi Mike and Diane
We have decided to 'turn up on site' regardless of the telephone conversation to see what they say face to face. We will try to take some photos too (if allowed to get anywhere near). The problem then will be putting them on the forum as we have never done that before! Not exactly technos!
If anyone is stopping at the Riu Atlantico between 10 - 17 Feb we will be in the bar with a G&T each night before dinner....and probably after too!

John & Sue
Turned up on site last November and told face to face come back next year. wish you luck, no doubt they will take you up to the site and if lucky enough will see inside your property.
Has anyone any updates on Manzana 4- Sam P, are my flights in April wasted again,
Regards
Ned
Old Feb 7th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi linda & steve,Ned, and Mel,
That's just what we need to get the show on the road - a wedding! I hope Fadesa reads this!
Wishing you all the best for the big day!
Hopefully, John will try to find out more (any?) information on our place at Pueblo Andaluz when he visits the shed on Friday. Maybe he'll be lucky.
Thanks, Mel, for the PM. Think positive!!
Goodnight,
Carol
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jon,
It took me awhile to scroll back through the pages, but I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming...
Re: unfounded land.
It is the worry that may be unfounded, not the land. Don't mistake "communal land", as in where the swimming pools are located, with land set aside for infrastructure (health clinic, school). Have a look at posts #877,#893. It effects us as buyers, because this may be a reason for the delay of completion. I stress the words "may be"; we need communication from Fadesa, and some reassurance.
Re: "tented village".
I meant this light-heartedly with reference to the builders' marquee. See posts #879, #880, #881. It, too, effects us as buyers if completion should be delayed into the summer months (planned holidays, rental etc.)
Thanks for the tip about viewing/snagging with the lack of electricity, too.
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol

You are a star to go searching (and doing what I should have done) - thank you! Youre on the list of people I owe a drink to! Ill need to increase that Fadesa mortgage at this rate!

Hope we can do that soon!

Thanks , Jon
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

mattmar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I originally bought to the attention of the group, "the problem with surrounding land" a few weeks back. I'm awaiting completion on a parcela and I'm as disappointed as all here, that my information seems to be panning out exactly as I was reliably informed back in December 2005.

Let's be clear about this; My information came from a spannish professional, based locally in Huelva with strong ties to Ayamonte Town Hall, and is also a family member. This was NOT idle gossip over a cortado.

Fadesa will not complete as they DO NOT have planning permission from Madrid to build. The delay is because, the land allocated for infrastructure and managed by Ayamonte Town Hall was sold off by a high level corrupt official, and Madrid have put a stop to the project until the issue is resolved.

I don't believe this will continue beyound 2006, but I do believe it will take most of the year to sort.

Worst case scenario is that Fadesa have to reimburse all monies recieved to date. Fadesa are massive and this won't hurt. What will damage them, is the poor press and the subsequent damage to share price.

You have been warned.

Kind regards

Mattmar

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
hello again

Thanks for your posting

"Communal land" may be well be unfounded - hope so - but there is something causing such long delays, not allowing people to enter the house to view etc and to put off completion almost indefinately without any firm date from Fadesa. One of the Conforta ladies told me June and Silvia at the shed said (reluctantly) "could be May/June". Maybe this land business is only related to the town house area and not the apts. This is the problem we can only guess as fadesa do not keep us informed. We have cancelled a holiday there for May and have booked ourselves in with family for the end of June....could end up with a humongous hotel bill if this is not sorted by then!!If John can get some facts for us when he visits I am sure many of us on this site would be really pleased. Our original completion date was Aug 05 and I have a letter dated 22/07/05 telling me that it was near to completion and to organise the finance......over 6 months later and nothing has happened at all.

All the best

Mel
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Mullsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks - I've been a regular reader for a while but not posted my views. For what its worth, we have a townhouse on manzana 4 - the latest from our solictor (Pelayo's brother Nicolas who is very helpful) is that completion date may be April/May......possibly June.

He had been told March/April at the end of last year but I think the summer is more realisitic - our solicitor told us his father is a civil engineer and he felt that the original December 2005 for completion was optimistic to say the least.

I've accepted we need to be patient - on the upside, there's no more money to pay until the house is completed and the longer we wait the better the surrounding golf course and grounds will be. Not ideal - and Fadesa are shocking at keeping us informed (i.e. not at all) - a common theme on this thread.

Keep the updates coming - all pictures posted gratefully received...!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mattmar
Hi
Fadesa will not complete as they DO NOT have planning permission from Madrid to build.
I don't believe this will continue beyound 2006, but I do believe it will take most of the year to sort.
Worst case scenario is that Fadesa have to reimburse all monies recieved to date.
Mattmar
Hi Mattmar and welcome to the thread Mullsy,
The bearer of unhappy news is never popular, because many would wish not to hear it. However, thank you for posting this information/warning. What do we do now? Well, we do need to have the information straight from Fadesa in writing.
My 7 questions about "planning permission from Madrid to build" not being granted are: Is this planning permission for the whole CE project (Pueblo Andaluz, Townhouses, Apartments), or soley for building on land designated as "infrastructure"?
(If it affects all CE)Why was this not brought to the attention of people who have paid £500 to a solicitor to do a property search?
Can this be a case of "caveat emptor"?
Wouldn't a property search have highlighted the fact that there wasn't planning permission?
And, how does one reclaim cash back from a solicitor (let alone Fadesa - which of the two would be easier is debatable) if CE goes belly-up (please no)?
Did Fadesa think they would get retrospective planning permission after 3 years?
Do people who bought a parcela have planning permission to build?
If there is no infrastructure set aside for CE (school,health clinic, etc.), and the properties are not pulled down, then there will be additional pressure placed on resources in Ayamonte town.
Enough already, this reminds me of another thread with unfortunate consequences. I'm not "sticking my head in the sand", but I need a cuppa...
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 8th 2006 at 5:05 am. Reason: another thought...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

The bearer of unhappy news is never popular, because many would wish not to hear it. However, thank you for posting this information/warning. What do we do now? Well, we do need to have the information straight from Fadesa in writing.
My 6 questions about "planning permission from Madrid to build" not being granted are: Why was this not brought to the attention of people who have paid £500 to a solicitor to do a property search?
Wouldn't a property search have highlighted the fact that there wasn't planning permission?
And, how does one reclaim cash back from a solicitor (let alone Fadesa - which of the two would be easier is debatable) if CE goes belly-up (please no)?
Did Fadesa think they would get retrospective planning permission after 3 years?
If there is no infrastructure set aside for CE (school,health clinic, etc.), and the properties are not pulled down, then there will be additional pressure placed on resources in Ayamonte town.
Enough already, this reminds me of another thread with unfortunate consequences. I'm not "sticking my head in the sand", but I need a cuppa...
Regards,
Carol

Hi Carol

Dave & I have bought a plot in R 8 and our contract states as does the original sales documents that planning permission is granted for building a 182 sq m property. The actual design still has to be approved but that is all.

We have been putting off booking winter holidays in case we need to get over to complete but have just been brave and booked a week in Morrocco mid March. But it looks like all of us will have to consider carefully when booking Summer Holidays this year.

Will hopefully get over in April for a quick look at our plot.

I am sure like everybody else this thread keeps us all looking forward to the day when we can all complete and I just love the pictures that are posted.

Heres hoping it wont be too long for us all!

Regards

Lynn
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Lynn,
I too enjoy seeing the photos, and this thread has been invaluable. Never thought I'd rely on a computer so much!
Our summer holiday (already booked) might mean hanging around Extremadura, or Cordoba a bit longer than first planned. I'm quite looking forward to that! I do wonder how many hotels/apartments in Ayamonte, Isla Canela, and Isla Cristina will be fully booked come July?
All the best with your plans,
Carol
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Dantill]Hi Carol

Dave & I have bought a plot in R 8 and our contract states as does the original sales documents that planning permission is granted for building a 182 sq m property. The actual design still has to be approved but that is all.

Hi

It is two stage actually. The design has to be approved by the College of Architects (in Huelva) and then you have to apply for the building licence from Ayamonte Town Hall.

Paul
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi Mike & Di,
You may all know that Fadesa now has a furnishing/management company set up in the shed. They are called Conforta. We did not use them but they are on the web if anyone wants to see that they are doing.
Kathy
Conforta are also providing a rental service and show the weekly rates etc they would rent the property out at..

www.conforta.org

Mind you, their property maintenance charges etc are steep...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:06 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John&Sue
Hi Mike and Diane

John & Sue

Have been over to CE for the weekend came back Monday. Was told in November when I was over last my townhouse in Manzana 6 would be ready for Feb and we intended staying in it but obviously could not. They hadn't done anything else to my house since we were out in November. They were bringing all the townhouses up to the same finished stage and are now working on the roads between the houses (block paving them starting on Manzana 1 & 2). I was told by a reliable source in Ayamonte that they would be releasing the townhouses in stages starting with Manzana 1 & 2 in march

Ted
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

My 7 questions about "planning permission from Madrid to build" not being granted are: Is this planning permission for the whole CE project (Pueblo Andaluz, Townhouses, Apartments), or soley for building on land designated as "infrastructure"?
(If it affects all CE)Why w this not brought to the attention of people who have paid £500 to a solicitor to do a property search?
Regards,
Carol

Given the size and Multi-Billion Euro nature of ths development there is no way this will not get sorted. Are Fadesa still ploughing on completing off Townhouses, Apartments,Sculpting Golf Courses etc..of course they are because they know more than we do ..otherwise you can bet they would have stopped! Is the development improving week on week...yes.

So its a pain that the legal side has not got sorted..yet.., but big money and politics has a way of resolving stuff...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.