Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by newinspain
Hi all!

I just wanted to tell everyone about a new newspaper that is out in the Huelva area. March will be the third issue. There was some interesting articles in jan and feb issues and also some photos and info on Costa Esuri.
It is called The Oracle Costa de la Luz and after emailing the editor I found out that they are doing a web version as well - which will be interesting for Costa esuri owners.
Hi
Had a quick search for web site with no luck. Could you give us the site address or e mail address?

Thanks

Lynn
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi
Had a quick search for web site with no luck. Could you give us the site address or e mail address?

Thanks

Lynn
same as Lynn

Please quote website

Mike and carol
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
We have an apartment in Isla Canela Marina
Here are our running costs,I assume they will be about the same generally.
Electricity (Endesa) 60-80 euros
Water(Giahsa) 30-40 euros
These figures are per 2 months they debit your account bi-monthly
They both charged an initial connection fee ( or they did us )
You can see that electricity is not that cheap so be prepare if you are having air-con installed especially if you are going to rent your property( we do not have air-con) do not think it is necessary
Our council tax ie. bins etc last year was about 250 euros for the year
These come as 2 blue invoices in your post box after about a year
You can set these up to be paid by direct debit
They do not chase you to pat these bills initially but I have been told by Gloria when they catch up with you the interest charged is high,so it is worth paying,don't just leave them in the drawer
We have just paid our first wealth tax ,let me know if you want any info about it
Regards
CM
Hi
I would be very interested to learn more about wealth tax.
Regards
Olivia
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi

Thanks

Lynn
Buenas tardes!
Re: The Oracle
The name of the newspaper rang a bell, and Michaelh posted back in January about the new paper. It appears that there is no web version yet; hopefully, it will take off, unlike The Guardiana.
Re: photos
Thank you!
The slopes beside the pool area are fairly steep, sunbathers will look like washing laid out to dry!!
Regards,
Carol
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:10 am
Just Joined

tina glover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Newinspain,

Did you get a web address? Can you let us know?

Regards,

John.
Hi dont know if anyone is down this weekend, it is carnival week, on friday night the Sugar Reef has two of the best carnival bands playing.
tina
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Buenas tardes!
Re: The Oracle
The name of the newspaper rang a bell, and Michaelh posted back in January about the new paper. It appears that there is no web version yet; hopefully, it will take off, unlike The Guardiana.
Re: photos
Thank you!
The slopes beside the pool area are fairly steep, sunbathers will look like washing laid out to dry!!
Regards,
Carol
Hi,

try
www.theoraclecostadelaluz.com

its online and quite informative
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Hi,

try
www.theoraclecostadelaluz.com

its online and quite informative
Thank you! I just did a search for costa esuri and it came up with 19 matches! Looks like it might have been online since end of January?
Carol
P.S. Went through the CE search matches, but there weren't any!

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 22nd 2006 at 10:02 am. Reason: P.S.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Gang,
I have made it into a Blog (Computer Diary), on my website, for anyone who wants to plough through it. It can be found at www.rjdawson.co.uk/blog
Hi Bob & Carole,
Thanks for the very impressive collection of photos & blog. I enjoyed reading it. You are a star!
Carol
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Here is something worth remembering for those of you who will have to pay for your furniture & appliances.
If you are going to pay by credit/debit cards have your passports with you the shops require ID
CM
Carrefour currently have an issue with new Chip and Pin cards on their check-out tills. Some cashiers who don't know any better will simply swipe the card and it'll fail at which point they will reject the card outright.

The problem is that these new style cards (you can tell because they have a smart-chip on them) will not authorise unless the PIN is supplied and since Carrefour tills (as well as some other stores) do not have a Chip and Pin reader and PIN-pad, you can't get past this problem.

The more savvy cashiers will call the supervisor who will either call the transaction in by phone and get an auth code that way, or bring a mobile Chip and PIN reader and PIN-pad along.

In all cases they still require photo ID.

Last I heard, Chip and PIN upgrades were scheduled for the tills over the next few months, but I suspect that this may take up to a year in many places.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=olivia]Hi
I would be very interested to learn more about wealth tax.
Regards
Olivia
Hi Olivia
There is a previous thread which goes into this topic in detail.
a good site is
www.thinkspain.com/hottopics...cytax/index.asp
It goes into the subject in detail
Gloria Crespo ( our solicitor sorted ours out)
Basically & the end of the year you are taxed on your assets
So do not have thousands of euros in your accounts doing nothing
If you have a Spanish mortgage this is deductible
Our tax was just over 100 euros between us,so it was not to bad but still another tax
have a word with your solicitor
Thats basically it maybe some one can be more precise?
Regard
CM
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Sue.Y is an unknown quantity at this point

Hola from a grey and drizzly Ayamonte!

Going on my own experience, I think mosquito nets are a must for at least 8 months of the year. I am always bitten more in Ayamonte than anywhere else due to its proximity to the water. We use a local company that supplies and fits them for you. They are also a great help against flies - of which there always seemed to be at least half a dozen buzzing around my house all summer!

On the subject of electricity bills, my last bill was for 200 euros for 8 weeks. I thought that was fairly pricey but it is freezing here in the winter (I've already forgotten how cold winter is in the UK!) and we had plug in electric heaters going all evening and all the time at weekends.

I foolishly decided to spend one complete summer and winter here without air con or wood burning stove etc and can honestly say that my new air conditioning unit will be installed by the end of this spring!! I don't agree with other postings that say it isn't necessary. Some days last summer reached 42 degrees and if I hadn't been working from an air conditioned office I know for sure I would have given in and put it in at home. Perhaps Isla Canela gets more breezes than Esuri does? If you are going to be renting your property, air con for summer cooling and winter warming is definitely an essential.

If you are interested in mosquito nets or air con please PM me for details.
Good luck to all who are completing at the moment. I'm still waiting for my Pueblo Andaluz (M7) but I'm reliably informed it should be any day now.....

Sue
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bob

Your blog makes wonderful reading despite some of the more hair raising experiences! Yes, it does seem like an adventure and in time you will all value your apartment all the more. Bet you can't wait till April!

Paul and Dawn

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Gang,

We spent last week at CE, having Completed on our Apartment. I was going to write a few lines about our experiences, but it turned into a bit of an essay. So rather than take up loads of space here, I have made it into a Blog (Computer Diary), on my website, for anyone who wants to plough through it. It can be found at www.rjdawson.co.uk/blog
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Peter Mad1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

My first posting. I am heading to C de la Luz next month on an inspection trip.
What kind of rental income is possible on Costa Esuri or other locations there?

Thanks for any replies

Peter
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Gallardo Abogados is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

As you probably know, we are taking care of non resident people for fiscal matters in Spain. Those of you who could be interested, please let us know.

Miguel A. Gallardo
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

kpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nice

Originally Posted by Peter Mad1
Hi there

My first posting. I am heading to C de la Luz next month on an inspection trip.
What kind of rental income is possible on Costa Esuri or other locations there?

Thanks for any replies

Peter
Hi Peter

You may want to visit another forum to get some idea of CDL rentals around Isla Canela http://eyeonislacanela.com/eoc/eoicf...n=topics&fid=1

There are some threads about rental opportunities on there.

The consensus was that about 8 weeks is just about achievable in the Summer, after that Isla Canela is dead. It is mainly the Spanish who holiday there.

Re CE Rentals, who knows just yet, as there is no golf course. I placed a deposit on a resale off plan Townhouse on CE via a superior estate agent based in Bristol. I pulled out of the deal after visiting CE/Ayemonte on an inspection trip. Basically, during the May Bank Holiday the place was dead, Isla Canela Golf Course hardly being used, and hardly any of the villas and apartments on the golf course being occupied. We had the restaurant in the hotel at night to ourselves. It was also very very windy.

In my opinion, CDL/Ayemonte/Costa Esuri lovely place but don't buy with the intention of funding the mortgage from rentals (same goes for most places in Spain)

Regards
Kevin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.