Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Que tal? Marisol,
No te preocupes! Me acuerdo de esta palabra Leishmaniosis.
"Correa antiparasitica" translates as "anti-parasite collar" for dogs & cats.
Try www.paws-patas.org for more information for pets & owners.
Saludos,
Carol
Muchisimas gracias, Carol.
I hope to meet you once we were there.
Regards,
marisol
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

Hi Jon,
Skin So Soft (spray on or lotion) can be ordered only through your nearest agent. Ask your neighbours which daughter is currently doing cosmetics distribution for pocket money! I have heard that demand is high for SSS, so supply might run short the closer one gets to summer hols.
Carol
I believe that the Skin so Soft can be ordered over the web. Try www.avon-deals.co.uk and www.avonshop.co.uk
Hope this is helpful. Margaret.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi David and Margaret,

The Avon shop seems to stock the whole range of SSS products but as someone said a few items seem to be out of stock just the ones we might have ordered. Also it is difficult to see if there is a p&p charge and how much it might be. Anyone know?

I had hesitated to raise the problem of the dreaded mossies until now but it was obvious to me that the environment would be ideal breeding ground for them. Hence we chose our plot to be as high as possible and away from the Marisma but we will still get them so screens are a must for us. Also our experience in Cyprus is that air con in the bedrooms helps to keep the buggers at bay and all doors to be shut before lights are turned on. We were told about the SSS products by our friends in Cyprus so there seems to be a body of anecdotal evidence that it has some beneficial effect so we will give it a go. As Jon said not keen on filling the bedroom with chemicals but have had to resort to that in the past.

Have seen the electrified tennis rackets in odd shops but never bought one but if Glynis thinks they work will give that a go as well. Last summer we bought an electrified fly killer as in butchers shops but can't say that it caught any mossies just lots of moths and greenfly.

Regards,

John

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
I believe that the Skin so Soft can be ordered over the web. Try www.avon-deals.co.uk and www.avonshop.co.uk
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,
"Biombas de banera" really should be "mamparas para banera" if you wish to purchase pivoting bathscreens! Goodness knows what I might have been asking for...!
Gracias, Marisol, for the PM - tenemos que ir de compras juntas (y tomar una merienda! )
Thanks, Margaret for the link to Avon's (oops, the word is out...) products.
Hi, John, glad to see you back. Did you have a good look at the crack in the wall at the parador?
When does mosquito season begin/end??
Regards,
Carol
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by David and Margaret
There seems to have been quite a discussion regarding the above product but no one has mentioned that it is the 'Soft & Fresh' type which is in the green container that is the one which repels the mozzies. The Dry Oil Body Spray is very easy to use. This was recommended to our daughter by a forest ranger so it must be o.k.

Jean & John
Old Feb 21st 2006, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jean & john,
I need to look at the website, because I didn't know there was a new name for what was once (and perhaps still is) SSS. The one that I know about is also a dry oil body spray. Hey, gals, just a thought, do you think we might become agents in CE for the big A? (franchise?) (Only kidding!)
Carol
P.S. Just had a look at the website, and the product's full name is "Skin So Soft, Soft and Fresh", dry oil body spray - half price at the moment, but it is not in stock boo-hoo.

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 21st 2006 at 2:22 am.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:01 am
Just Joined

Debbie & Kevin Lock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by david and steph
hi all,
Very excited today as we have completed on our andaluz apartment. Is anyone out in ayamonte on the 27th feb until 6th march? as we will be out there then.
regards steph
Hi Steph
We are happy you have completed on your andaluz apartment. Can you let us know if your apartment, is on manzana 6 as we to are waiting for any news on ours.
Many thanks
Deb and Kev
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol & John,

Judging by Sam's post today anytime seems to be the season! Yet we did not see any in our ten days early Feb. Talking to longish term residents September seems to be the height of the season in areas close to the Marisma which seems to be from the Donnana to Tavira.

Regards,

John.

Hi folks,
"Biombas de banera" really should be "mamparas para banera" if you wish to purchase pivoting bathscreens! Goodness knows what I might have been asking for...!
Gracias, Marisol, for the PM - tenemos que ir de compras juntas (y tomar una merienda! )
Thanks, Margaret for the link to Avon's (oops, the word is out...) products.
Hi, John, glad to see you back. Did you have a good look at the crack in the wall at the parador?
When does mosquito season begin/end??
Regards,
Carol
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:19 am
Just Joined

widgey77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by jean&john
There seems to have been quite a discussion regarding the above product but no one has mentioned that it is the 'Soft & Fresh' type which is in the green container that is the one which repels the mozzies. The Dry Oil Body Spray is very easy to use. This was recommended to our daughter by a forest ranger so it must be o.k.

Jean & John
have a look at ebay - sss items available at bargain prices.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

Hi John & Kath, welcome back, any news or pics from you recent visit?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Jon

Yes, it is called 'skin so soft' and I guess it would only be available from Avon. I too have read about vitamin B1, also read they are not strong buggars, hence the circulating air from air con or a fan is also a help.

Tricia
I have read that mosquitos dont like the aroma given off by the skin if you eat Marmite I have checked this on the internet, it is due to the B vitamins as previously stated and the thiomine contained in Marmite. Spread it on toast!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi P. Tinks,

Its confession time, I forgot my camera and my phone just does not do justice to such a huge panorama This is one I can't blame on the other half. Photography is my hobby and I spent the week before preparing the full camera kit. Shame!

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
Hi John & Kath, welcome back, any news or pics from you recent visit?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by olivia
Spread it on toast!!
Thanks, Olivia! And, widgey77 (re: ebay)! It's all very interesting.
Glad you mentioned spreading it on toast! I'm imagining a new fake tan lotion, called "Marismas de marmite"...
Hi, John,
If I knew how to do it, I'd slip you some karma to help reduce the redness in your cheeks! (I'll need to get myself a digital camera one day...)
Sorry, Sue (Moderator), I'll try to keep to the CE context, honest! I think we're feeling withdrawl symptoms from the shortage of recent pics.
Hasta manana,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Feb 21st 2006 at 9:45 am.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:51 am
Just Joined

John&Sue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Olivia! It's all very interesting.
Glad you mentioned spreading it on toast! I'm imagining a new fake tan lotion, called "Marismas de marmite"...
Hi, John,
If I knew how to do it, I'd slip you some karma to help reduce the redness in your cheeks! (I'll need to get myself a digital camera one day...)
Sorry, Sue (Moderator), I'll try to keep to the CE context, honest! I think we're feeling withdrawl symptoms from the shortage of recent pics.
Hasta manana,
Carol
As we spent last week there (complete with camera) we though we would put some pics on. They are Manzana 1. The communal gardens still require a lot to be done as you can see. The block paving in between the manzanas is progressing and will look really good. Between M1 and M2 it seemed to be virtually complete but only half was done between M1 and M3. Forecast for completion (as quoted by the shed) is now April / May for Manzanas 1 to 3 and the others 4 - 6 sometime after that.

John and Sue
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-100_0486.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-100_0490.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-100_0491.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-100_0487.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-100_0494.jpg  

Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi John & Sue,

Oh the shame! but your photos of the townhouses are superb and if you blow them up the detail in the background is terrific I particularly like the view down the street to the bridge.

Regards,

Originally Posted by John&Sue
As we spent last week there (complete with camera) we though we would put some pics on.
John and Sue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.