Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Nov 19th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Looking at some of the sites that have sprung up advertising Costa Esuri and they mention that the town houses will have satelite dishes fitted. Does any one know about this please?

Also thinking about buying a new set of golf clubs to take to Spain and leave my present set at home. Any golfers out there have any opinion re cost of clubs in Spain compared to UK?
lots of the pictures being posted show the golf courses taking shape and greening up.......it's getting close now!!

Mike &Di
Old Nov 19th 2005, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Looking at some of the sites that have sprung up advertising Costa Esuri and they mention that the town houses will have satelite dishes fitted. Does any one know about this please?

Also thinking about buying a new set of golf clubs to take to Spain and leave my present set at home. Any golfers out there have any opinion re cost of clubs in Spain compared to UK?
lots of the pictures being posted show the golf courses taking shape and greening up.......it's getting close now!!

Mike &Di
Hola. Golf clubs are usually more expensive in spain ,try www.ebay co.uk , lots of new sets and some great bargains .John.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jean&john
Hola. Golf clubs are usually more expensive in spain ,try www.ebay co.uk , lots of new sets and some great bargains .John.
Thanks John for that tip, I will have a look at EBay as suggested

Mike
Old Nov 20th 2005, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Phil & Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Hi Mike & Di,

We went out for eight days, and it was very much a working holiday. We spent the first few days visiting every furniture shop in Ayamonte and then choosing the furniture (and changing my mind on the colour of the sofas en route to Faro airport - turning round and re-ordering!) We also ordered white goods and got two quotes on Air Con - we are waiting for a third.

You may all know that Fadesa now has a furnishing/management company set up in the shed. They are called Conforta. We did not use them but they are on the web if anyone wants to see that they are doing.

We had not been out for a year and the difference in the site was staggering, lots of car parking for the golf club (they must think it will be popular). There was what looked like "substations" in front of some properties (one per pool), they are not very attractive and quite large. We were not allowed inside our house, but did manage to peer through the windows and everything looked good.

David visited a few golf courses in the area to compare fees and it would appear that the quotes we have received are similar to most of them.

We met up with a great couple in the Sugar Reef (Hi Debbie & Brian), who we discovered through the thread would be out at the same time as us. We had a few drinks and swapped furnishing stories!

Ayamonte is growing in size - lots of building everywhere, including a new shopping centre. We also noticed many more English translations on menus (some made interesting reading!).

Altogether we came home really excited and looking forward to returning soon, we have booked our flights, hotel and car hire for early December. Cant wait!

Kathy
Hi David and Kathy, Interested in which golf courses you visited and how you rated them. My wife, Sheila and I were over in August (staying at the Atlantico ). I managed a game at Islantilla, Castro Marim and a rather pricey Quinta Da Cima near Tavira. We are retiring at the end of this year and moving to Esuri. Would rally like to join a members club in the area. Currently play at Hawkstone park in Shropshire. How do prices compare ?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:57 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Charles,
Take a look at P23 and the pix of the opened bridge from MichaelH.
Regards

Nice to see my pictures being published on other websites. Would be nice if they asked permission though.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
It may be a case of "you get what you pay for" But the quotes posted for air con in this thread do seem to be somewhat excessive.
In my experience you can buy a decent cold/hot air con system including 3 units for around 1,000 euros in my area of Seville, and it will cost around 150 euros to install.
Before you leap, spend some time in your place and check whether you really need air con at all. You may find as we did that a ceiling fan in each room is sufficient, and far cheaper to boot. Together with a couple of wall mounted heaters (40 euros each from carrefour) for the colder winter nights.

regards
BW.
Hi Did anybody find a Aircon unit for less than the 3-4K we were seeing at the beginning of this thread please? I think paying 4800 Euros (Conforta's price) is 'milking the foreigners'. I have a 3 bed duplex and am wondering what to budget for a reasonable system.

Thanks,
Jon
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All,

Just read the "Homes" supplement to yesterdays Sunday Times. There is an interesting article by Mark Stucklin who writes in the Times and Sunday times as the Spanish property doctor. I think it is a balanced and thoughtful article on the current property market in coastal Spain. [ It follows another in the same supplement by Rosie Millard on the practise of "flipping" - buying one or more appartments or houses in a development (Spain or England) intending to sell on before completion. ]

Both Millard (for London) and Stucklin (for Spain) think that the people who are in the middle of this right now have caught a cold and it is going to get worse. For those who are in for the longer haul (say 5+ years) and on good developments are going to be OK. I think CE falls into the category of a "good Development" however you judge that.

The most interesting and perhaps relevant bit of his article is in the 3rd paragraph where he is talking of the difficulties of selling on before completion where the developer (Fadesa?) is making it difficult for potential owners to get access to their property because the developer still has further properties to sell creating fierce competition for buyers.

Those intending to "flip" are desperate enough to make reductions on their price to avoid being left with their properties whilst the developer is hoping to increase prices on later releases. It is a dilemma solved by the developer restricting access to properties before completion. Is this just what Fadesa have achieved by not opening the bridge and "being" unable to sign Escritura on time?

It is of course a balance between income from completions and income generated by new sales and the lack of competition from existing buyers!

Here endeth the missive.

Regards,

John.

PS Stucklin reckons that the slump will last another year and will then gradually pick up but for those of us who have bought for the long haul or as permanent second homes all this is irrelevant.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 20th 2005 at 9:44 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi MichaelH,

I wondered if you would respond? I think you hold all the intellectual property and could sue for copyright violation. Still you will just have to take it as a complement he is no doubt a man of "straw". He did say he would publish his own photo's this week, we will just have to wait and see.

I would welcome your comments on my morning missive. Not too cruel please.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Nice to see my pictures being published on other websites. Would be nice if they asked permission though.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:24 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi MichaelH,

I wondered if you would respond? I think you hold all the intellectual property and could sue for copyright violation. Still you will just have to take it as a complement he is no doubt a man of "straw". He did say he would publish his own photo's this week, we will just have to wait and see.

I would welcome your comments on my morning missive. Not too cruel please.

Regards,

John.
Hi John,
More of a complement that he/she uses my pictures, I only wanted recognition for taking them.
Here is a small observation on that article you posted.
Buying a property to flip or sell before completion is always an option but there are many points you must cover before going down that path:

1. Is the location correct? ( the key to all good purchases/sales)
2. Can you complete if necessary? (A rushed sale will reduce your profit).
3. What is the rental on said property? ( realistic figures, 15-22 weeks when the C.E is established)
4. Will someone buy this off you with 15%- 20% increase per annum above what it is costing you? ( if you can’t see it, don’t let someone convince you)
5. Are you pushing your property out of the 150-250K E brackets which has the widest acceptance?
6. Can you sell before completion and if you do are there any penalties?
7. Talk to the local people and see what is happening( you be amazed how many people don’t do this)
8. What are the expected changes in Pound - Euro rates and would changes put you in a situation. In other words don’t over stretch yourself.

There are many more items on the list but off the top of my head that about covers it.

My opinion on CE is that it is a good long term investment; people who have chosen well will reap the benefits.
Rental market will take time to mature but will only ever get to 18-25 weeks max per year.
The biggest growth will be in Value of the property/ Land.
It is still a building site and Fadesa rightly so, have tried to keep people off the site before completion for safety reasons. You hurt yourself on site and Fadesa get the blame and the security guard that didn’t catch you gets the sack.

Regards
Michael
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi All again,

Just been doing a bit of "silver surfing" checking up on my entitlements and things and thought some of you might be interested in the advice from Government departments contained in the following web pages.

www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr. for tax and NIC.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/penr...ing_abroad.asp for benifits.

www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/atozdetailed/livingoverseas.asp for pension matters.

We might not like it but we have to master it to avoid problems later.

Regards,

John.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi MichaelH,

Spot on analysis, but then you are the property professional!

I think you are being magnanimous to Fadesa and the other developers on CE. I am sure they want to shift as much stock as they can at their chosen price point before throwing a spanner in the works with price competition.

Still as a forty year construction professional I accept that sites are dangerous places. I used to give a lecture where the opening line was "Building Sites kill TWO PEOPLE PASSING BY a week in UK". Thats been true for years and all the efforts of 2Jags Prescott to bring about change has not succeeded. Recent happenings on the new motorway near Malaga suggest its not much different in Spain. :scared:

I really hope you are spot on with your analysis of the potential rental season, we intend to retire back to Blighty for the hottest months. It would be nice to cover our fixed costs and have a bit over for Christmas with lettings.

Regards,

John.

PS For those who have not seen the article follow this link :-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...875425,00.html

Hi John,
Buying a property to flip or sell before completion is always an option but there are many points you must cover before going down that path:

1. Is the location correct? ( the key to all good purchases/sales)
2. Can you complete if necessary? (A rushed sale will reduce your profit).
3. What is the rental on said property? ( realistic figures, 15-22 weeks when the C.E is established)
4. Will someone buy this off you with 15%- 20% increase per annum above what it is costing you? ( if you can’t see it, don’t let someone convince you)
5. Are you pushing your property out of the 150-250K E brackets which has the widest acceptance?
6. Can you sell before completion and if you do are there any penalties?
7. Talk to the local people and see what is happening( you be amazed how many people don’t do this)
8. What are the expected changes in Pound - Euro rates and would changes put you in a situation. In other words don’t over stretch yourself.

My opinion on CE is that it is a good long term investment; people who have chosen well will reap the benefits.
Rental market will take time to mature but will only ever get to 18-25 weeks max per year.
The biggest growth will be in Value of the property/ Land.
It is still a building site and Fadesa rightly so, have tried to keep people off the site before completion for safety reasons. You hurt yourself on site and Fadesa get the blame and the security guard that didn’t catch you gets the sack.

Regards
Michael

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 21st 2005 at 12:10 am. Reason: Added link to Times article
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hola Michaelh,
Talking about pictures...I have often wondered what is the story behind the large tree (cedar of lebanon?) featured in many photos of the town centre of Ayamonte? Do you, or anyone else, have any knowledge of this tree? (Honestly, it is there!) Just a thought, maybe the expats could plant a similar tree at CE???
Regards,
Carol
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:11 am
Luz Living

Just thought you would all like to know the name of one of the streets in CE
Juan Pablo II
Old Nov 21st 2005, 5:37 am
Just Joined

nigelsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I´ve just heard about this thread and it´s really interesting. Perhaps somebody may help me in getting some information about cleaning services and any firm that takes care of the management of houses/apt.

Thanks,

Nigel
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

TicktonTyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nigel and welcome
If I was you I would contact Sam Parky who started the first CE Forum as she has started her own business and is going to be resident in CE. You can contact her through her new site at http://www.sbpropertyservices.com/
cheers Ian

Originally Posted by nigelsmith
Hi! I´ve just heard about this thread and it´s really interesting. Perhaps somebody may help me in getting some information about cleaning services and any firm that takes care of the management of houses/apt.

Thanks,

Nigel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.