Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:32 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thank you, Sam, for the great pics. I needed that! (I'm going a bit loopy over trees... )
Is pic #4 of the new road, and from which angle has it been taken?
Pic #3, I'm guessing, shows the wee pump house beside the pool, which when rendered should look like a cabana (maybe with a few bouganvilla draped across...oh dear, plant life taking control again!)
Hope you had a good visit. Your place is looking super!
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol,

If you have a plan of the townhouses then the last picture is of the golf course looking down from the shopping centre at the top of manzana 4. The other photo is the pump house on manzana 4.
We had a great time, although it didn`t stop raining. Great food, met some lovely people and three weeks tomorrow its going to be our home. The visit reassured us that we are doing the right thing.

Sam
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for those Sam. It is all looking very good. You have us Old Fogeys worried now. If thats your mum, how old are you? (Rude question, we know, so you dont have to answer!)

Paul and Dawn

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,

Just got back from beautiful Ayamonte yesterday. I`ve got some photos I will try to put on the forum (bit of a novice at photo tech stuff).

Theres not much to say really. The bridge is definately open as we crossed it . They are saying Jan - March for completions on town houses. But theres still a lot of work that needs doing up there. We got in our house to do the snagging, theres quite a few things that need putting right. Wardrobe doors need renewing etc. On the plus side, it looks amazing. The views from our roof terrace are fantastic. Over all, we are very pleased and are looking forward to life on Costa Esuri.

Sam

P.s Thats my mother on our roof terrace not me.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue.Y
Hi Jon

Quitapenas is on the Avenida Villa Real de San Antonia (the road alongside the marina), on the corner of a pedestrianised side street. The tapas bar is opposite El Choco - another nice place to eat but more formal than Quitapenas. Quitapenas is also great for evening tapas as it is very popular with local people.

I saw on Friday it was shut for refurbishment but unfortunately when I passed by this morning it was raining so hard I didn't notice !!

Sue
Thanks Sue... but whats that 4-letter word?.... 'rain'
Jon
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam,

Welcome back your ears must have been burning yesterday we were talking about you whilst you were away (see earlier posts). Great pics. Love your mum.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi All,
Just got back from beautiful Ayamonte yesterday. I`ve got some photos I will try to put on the forum (bit of a novice at photo tech stuff).
Theres not much to say really. The bridge is definately open as we crossed it . They are saying Jan - March for completions on town houses. But theres still a lot of work that needs doing up there. We got in our house to do the snagging, theres quite a few things that need putting right. Wardrobe doors need renewing etc. On the plus side, it looks amazing. The views from our roof terrace are fantastic. Over all, we are very pleased and are looking forward to life on Costa Esuri.

Sam

P.s Thats my mother on our roof terrace not me.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:47 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Sam,

Welcome back your ears must have been burning yesterday we were talking about you whilst you were away (see earlier posts). Great pics. Love your mum.

Regards,

John.
Hi John,

I have read the earlier posts and thanks for your confidence in me. My mum will have a good laugh when she see`s herself on the forum (shes now an avid reader of it) I did warn her I might put it on as its the only photo of the roof terrace.

One thing I didnt put in my earlier post is the intercom on the townhouses. I was quite impressed as visitors have to ring a buzzer from the front garden gate and theres a little intercom just inside the front door for owners to answer.

One thing we dont like is the garden fences . Very tacky when you look at the beautiful finish on the houses. I shall post a picture for you to have a look at. Benny wants to build a garden wall (committee allowing). Its something that needs looking into because they are an eyesore.

Sam
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-003.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-002.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-esuri-001.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:01 am
Just Joined

sarah33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by nigelsmith
Hi! I´ve just heard about this thread and it´s really interesting. Perhaps somebody may help me in getting some information about cleaning services and any firm that takes care of the management of houses/apt.

Thanks,

Nigel
Hi Nigel,

I´ve already advised some people to contact a well-known multiservices in Ayamonte that provides lots of services such as property management, cleaning, leisure activities, etc. The web is www.servisury.com
I heard they are serious people and may help.
Besides I know there´s a special offer for property management as I´ve checked the web already.

Best regards,

Sarah
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Carol for the advice... but I became a convert of AC when I lived through the heatwave (the 'canicule') a few summers back in France. I always thought I could handle the heat, having lived previously in very hot countries - but this floored me!

I
Thanks
Jon
Ah yes, heatwave, this is exactly what happened to us. When we completed last July and went out it was during the fires and I honestly thought I was going to die in the apartment at night, walking around not getting any relief even from the breeze as that was like a furnace. I told my husband that even if was barely ever needed there was no way I was going to chance ruining my precious time there with lack of sleep !! I can confirm that this year in June July Sept it was used by us very little.

We were told originally not to bother as so many people were taking theirs out as it was expensive to run but sorry, we had 7 weeks of renters in July Aug and our bill was 117 euros for 8 weeks, taking out standing charge I make that 15 euros or so a week electricity charge and our apartment is 130sq metres. Don't forget the old adage 'you get what you pay for', maybe the people who were taking it out had cheaper units that may well have been more expensive to run and noisy. I can honestly say our unit is more of a whisper and doesn't seem noisy at all, maybe Sharon can give her opinion on this if different from mine as she stayed in our apt in the summer. The inverter units are supposed to be more expensive to install but up to a third cheaper to run. Downside of aircon, like central heating, can dry the nose a bit.

Glad you had fun and the rain didn't dampen your spirits Sam.

Tricia
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

As Sam quite rightly said the fences are horrendous, but i`m sure that with some Bougainvillea climbing over them it won`t look too bad.Anyway look for yourself. If anyone has an end Terrace house I have some internal pics. I can E-Mail
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-pict0003.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-pict0004.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi P.Tinks,
Wow! Look at the colour of that soil! I hope it's the type that anything can grow in (my kind of gardening). Maybe an hibiscus tree/bush for screening? Not sure if the conditions at CE would be right for it, though. Wind, rain, drought; maybe chilly winters, hot baking summers...lovely. Any jardineros out there with some green (or not so green) fingered tips for this area of Spain?
Carol
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
Ah yes, heatwave, this is exactly what happened to us. When we completed last July and went out it was during the fires and I honestly thought I was going to die in the apartment at night, walking around not getting any relief even from the breeze as that was like a furnace. I told my husband that even if was barely ever needed there was no way I was going to chance ruining my precious time there with lack of sleep !! I can confirm that this year in June July Sept it was used by us very little.

We were told originally not to bother as so many people were taking theirs out as it was expensive to run but sorry, we had 7 weeks of renters in July Aug and our bill was 117 euros for 8 weeks, taking out standing charge I make that 15 euros or so a week electricity charge and our apartment is 130sq metres. Don't forget the old adage 'you get what you pay for', maybe the people who were taking it out had cheaper units that may well have been more expensive to run and noisy. I can honestly say our unit is more of a whisper and doesn't seem noisy at all, maybe Sharon can give her opinion on this if different from mine as she stayed in our apt in the summer. The inverter units are supposed to be more expensive to install but up to a third cheaper to run. Downside of aircon, like central heating, can dry the nose a bit.

Tricia
Thanks Tricia. Could you let us know which model of AC you have as it seems so good. Does it heat as well?

Thanks

Jon
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All,

I think the development is bedevilled by the old "Developers trick" of appearing to give the divided space to both houses by not making the dividing boundary intrude into the total space. It is six and 2 threes a hard boundary of sufficient height would make the space seem long and narrow, Perhaps the best solution is to accept the fence and use screening planting to create the privacy effect. Watch out for the Leland merchants they would be the worst of all worlds.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by P.TINKS
As Sam quite rightly said the fences are horrendous, but i`m sure that with some Bougainvillea climbing over them it won`t look too bad.Anyway look for yourself. If anyone has an end Terrace house I have some internal pics. I can E-Mail
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by P.TINKS

Exactly right the fencing all around the development is ideal for plants such as bougainvillea. Next time you are staying in the Atlantico take a look at the appartments close by and picture how attractive the fencing looks, particularly when in full bloom.

Although we do not have fencing in our appartment in Pueblo Andluz we will be planting in pots on our terraces to add colour.

Cheers

JohnandCarol
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

chelski is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Exactly right the fencing all around the development is ideal for plants such as bougainvillea. Next time you are staying in the Atlantico take a look at the appartments close by and picture how attractive the fencing looks, particularly when in full bloom.

Although we do not have fencing in our appartment in Pueblo Andluz we will be planting in pots on our terraces to add colour.

Cheers

JohnandCarol
I HAVE JUST HEARD OF A DISCOUNT FURNITURE AND LIGHTING DISCOUNT COMPANY WITH GOOD QUALITY GOODS AT VERY GOOD PRICES ITS OPENING IN JANUARY I THINK ITS CALLED CASARAMA ANYBODY ELSE HEARD ANYTHING
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:04 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tricia

Tricia
HI

Yes, I can confirm that Tricia's air con is not noisy at all and we did use it most evenings we were there in August.

Sharon
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks Tricia. Could you let us know which model of AC you have as it seems so good. Does it heat as well?

Thanks

Jon

Hi John

It is a Toshiba (inverter), sorry don't know the model number but when we looked into it we were told that mitsubishi and toshiba were good makes to go for. 3 units for each bedroom, 1 slightly larger for the lounge and the slave unit on the roof, came to 3620euros ex vat, 4200 euros inc vat. Now I must admit the invoice says nothing about fitting charges so I really don't know what price this would have appeared in a shop or if it already has it's mark up in the shop to include fitting (this is because the lady who looks after the apt arranged it all for us, not because I am daft). We had 3 quotes between 3500 and 5200 euros and went for the middle.

Regarding price, the dearest unit we were quoted for had so many bells and whistles that maybe that's what you pay for. The one we opted for does have a timer, handy when you want it on to go to sleep but not all night, also found that very handy in the winter when we went out and wanted the heating (yes, it does heat aswell) to come on before we got back because it is BLOODY cold in the apts in the winter. Be aware that the apartment takes a good few hours to warm up when it's been empty for a couple of months, we were mortified and thought it didn't work very well at first but after the initial warm up it was fine. It also has dehumidifier (not used yet) and the fan part has two settings, static and 'up and down', which again I like as it gets the cold air moving without blasting one spot.

Maybe the cheaper ones do this stuff too, I didn't research it a whole lot at the time, just didn't want the hassle of sorting it out myself along with everything else.

Thanks for the confirmation Sharon (you're never quite sure if your opinion is the same as others).

Tricia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.