Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Phil & Sheila
Jon, I have been looking at most of the Courses in the near proximity to Esuri. In August we were over there staying at the Atlantico for a couple of weeks and played at Isla Canela (about 45 Euros ) , Castro Marim - 30 Euros and Quinta Da Cima (about 75 Euros). These were special rates through the Atlantico. I am sure that if there was a group of us, we could negotiate simular discounts.Back in the early threads wasn't there an English guy who was taking a job as Proffessional at a Club near Huelva ?
Mike & I have been going on golf holidays to First Riu Canella and then when it opened The Atlantico for 5 years. We looked at Esuri but decided we wanted to be nearer to Ayamonte. So we have bought nearer the town near the new Shopping Centre. We sent some furniture over from the U.K. and bought some in Ayamonte. Mateos fitted our Kitchen they were excelent. I find Spanish furniture very well made but too big. On golf I think we have played all the courses in the area.and could answer most questions on golf. There is a members club at Bellavista [Huelva] very nice course. They sell deals on green fees, it is quiet and they make visitors very welcome we love it! Mike is an Electrician here in the U.K. and has been able to do most of our D.I.Y. No one mentions 'Leroy Merlin' in Aljareque [may be spelt wrong] on the way to Seville. 99 on the Motorway, This store puts B&Q in the shade! we have spent lots of time and money there.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by olivia
Mike & I have been going on golf holidays to First Riu Canella and then when it opened The Atlantico for 5 years. We looked at Esuri but decided we wanted to be nearer to Ayamonte. So we have bought nearer the town near the new Shopping Centre. We sent some furniture over from the U.K. and bought some in Ayamonte. Mateos fitted our Kitchen they were excelent. I find Spanish furniture very well made but too big. On golf I think we have played all the courses in the area.and could answer most questions on golf. There is a members club at Bellavista [Huelva] very nice course. They sell deals on green fees, it is quiet and they make visitors very welcome we love it! Mike is an Electrician here in the U.K. and has been able to do most of our D.I.Y. No one mentions 'Leroy Merlin' in Aljareque [may be spelt wrong] on the way to Seville. 99 on the Motorway, This store puts B&Q in the shade! we have spent lots of time and money there.
Hi all,

thanks for the various responses regarding the golf. It would be nice to have a single document with all the details of courses adresses and numbers even perhaps a 'star rating' and positives and negatives.

I think all courses that are a reasonable driving from Ayamonte in both Portugal/Spain.

Id be happy to create the doc and share it on the site with everybody. But the content I'd need from you. Just on the chance that people want this common document these are the questions I came up with:

Name of course
Address
Brief directions
Approx driving time from Ayamonte
Telephone number
Costs
Positives
Negatives
General advice (eg booking early - playing at certain times etc etc)
Overall Star rating (5 stars = top notch: Zero stars - try somewhere else!)

I will make up some sort of Word document and share it with everyone - would be useful for onwers, players, friends, agents and renters.....

Thanks

Jon
Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi treads,

It is really simple. Leave Faro airport on the Dual carriageway and head toward Sao Bras (east). This dual carriageway comes to an end but you still follow the same destination (north) on the single carriageway. You are now heading for the Motorway you will begin to pick up signs for Espana and you join the Motorway by taking the right fork just after the right turn to Sao Bras.

Regards,

John.
Hi All

If you are coming in from Seville Airport, dont make the same mistake I did! Most of you reading will wonder how I even made this mistake!! (Too many brain cells gone from My only defence; It was late at night, I had had a very busy time previously, and I applied a logic that doesnt apply over there.

Usually road signs point to the quickest route. So when I saw a 'Portugal' sign, knowing that there was a motorway directly to Portugal past Ayamonte (and the quickest way to get there)... and seeing a spanking new good looking bridge at the turn off.... I thought "Aaah its some sort of ring road" and I can take it to avoid Seville.

I was wrong!

Just follow Huelva signs until you see Ayamonte signposted

Cheers
Jon.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Is anyone out their this Thursday/Friday as I am popping out again but this time with the better half? Staying at the Parador but like to meet up with any future neighbours for coffee, beer or meal or maybe all three send me a PM.
Hi TicktonTyke, I am having no luck getting a PM to you ref this weekend. Pls send me one & I will try to reply to it as we would like to meet up.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kim & Nigel

I bet you can't wait to see your place in the sun. Will you please come back with some updates on the village - am getting very impatient for news. Have a good trip and give our regards to Isabel.

Jean & John
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,
I've enjoyed reading the recent posts, and Roy's photos of the interiors, especially the detailed, close ups. Likewise, any news on the pueblo andaluz?Many thanks.

Jon-Bxl,
Nice idea about the info. on golf courses in the area. I came across a booklet this summer by the Federacion Andaluza de Golf, "Golf Course Guide and Official Tournament and Competition Calendar 2005". It lists 7 courses in the Huelva province:Bellavista, Corta Atalaya, Dunas Donana, Islantilla, Isla Canela, Nuevo Portil, and El Rompido. The websites are: www.fga.org, www. golf-andalucia.com, or www.golf-andalucia.net.
Another good read is the "Golf Guide" (Guia de Golf) published by the Junta de Andalucia, Conserjeria de turismo, comercio y deporte. ISBN 84-8176-512-0. (Try www.andalucia.org) This book gives you a bit of history on each golf course, how to get there, and a map of the holes on the course.
No mention yet of Esuri, though.
Regards,
Carol
P.S. I think I know which bridge in Sevilla you mentioned! Did it take you in to the old Expo area?
Old Nov 27th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

No one mentions 'Leroy Merlin' in Aljareque [may be spelt wrong] on the way to Seville. 99 on the Motorway, This store puts B&Q in the shade! we have spent lots of time and money there.
Hi Olivia,
LeroyMerlin: www.leroymerlin.es
Yes, the one at Aljaraque (Huelva), and another at Tomares (Sevilla)
Regards,
Carol
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:11 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi again,
I've enjoyed reading the recent posts, and Roy's photos of the interiors, especially the detailed, close ups. Likewise, any news on the pueblo andaluz?Many thanks.

Jon-Bxl,
Nice idea about the info. on golf courses in the area. I came across a booklet this summer by the Federacion Andaluza de Golf, "Golf Course Guide and Official Tournament and Competition Calendar 2005". It lists 7 courses in the Huelva province:Bellavista, Corta Atalaya, Dunas Donana, Islantilla, Isla Canela, Nuevo Portil, and El Rompido. The websites are: www.fga.org, www. golf-andalucia.com, or www.golf-andalucia.net.
Another good read is the "Golf Guide" (Guia de Golf) published by the Junta de Andalucia, Conserjeria de turismo, comercio y deporte. ISBN 84-8176-512-0. (Try www.andalucia.org) This book gives you a bit of history on each golf course, how to get there, and a map of the holes on the course.
No mention yet of Esuri, though.
Regards,
Carol
P.S. I think I know which bridge in Sevilla you mentioned! Did it take you in to the old Expo area?
Hi Carol

Thanks for the info - I cant remember exactly where I ended up - but it was a non-motorway road running up at about North West towards the middle/north of Portugal. At which point I turned back and took the Huelva signs!

Thanks
JOn
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:24 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear I am not the only idiot. We did exactly the same thing and got as far as the road turning into a single lane.(we knew we had gone wrong then) I tried to ask if there was a route cross country to join the proper road but my Spanish was not up to the task.

Bearing in mind we were going to Alvor (near Lagos) at the time my husband was not a happy chappy...it added another hour to a 2 and a half hour drive. OOOPs!

CSR
Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi All

If you are coming in from Seville Airport, dont make the same mistake I did! Most of you reading will wonder how I even made this mistake!! (Too many brain cells gone from My only defence; It was late at night, I had had a very busy time previously, and I applied a logic that doesnt apply over there.

Usually road signs point to the quickest route. So when I saw a 'Portugal' sign, knowing that there was a motorway directly to Portugal past Ayamonte (and the quickest way to get there)... and seeing a spanking new good looking bridge at the turn off.... I thought "Aaah its some sort of ring road" and I can take it to avoid Seville.

I was wrong!

Just follow Huelva signs until you see Ayamonte signposted

Cheers
Jon.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by CSR
Glad to hear I am not the only idiot. We did exactly the same thing and got as far as the road turning into a single lane.(we knew we had gone wrong then) I tried to ask if there was a route cross country to join the proper road but my Spanish was not up to the task.

Bearing in mind we were going to Alvor (near Lagos) at the time my husband was not a happy chappy...it added another hour to a 2 and a half hour drive. OOOPs!

CSR
Benamor, Quinta de Ria ,and Cima, about 20 mins. Castro Marim is nearer. all these are in Portugal and there is to be a New Jack Nicklaus course near Tavira opening next Year. The Vilamoura area would be more than 45mins drive because it is West of Faro we Haven't gone that far to play golf from Ayamonte.Isla Canela is on the doorstep.Islantilla again about 20 mins with Bellavista,Nuevo Portil and El Rompido a little further say 30 mins.Golf Dunas de Donana is on the coast east of Huelva we haven't played that yet. Corte Atalaya is only 9 holes, and is outside Huelva again we haven't played that. You would then have quite a drive to th next which would be in the Jerz area there are about 6 very worthwhile courses there and about 4 in the Seville area. We have not been that far, but do plan to do so and play Montecastillo famous for Volvo Masters but we will have a night in the Hotel.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gerrythephone
Hi Golfers
I am in isla canela setting up a golf tour and green fee booking company based on the Marina.Site not finished but it could be some help.www.linksgolfcostadelaluz.com
Regards
Gerry
Thats great do you expect to be able to offer the same rates as the tour operators and hotels? we used 'Tee Times Abroad' last trip and paid in U.K. before we came out. The deal at Bellavista is good You can pay for 10 or 20 green fees and use them whenever you like, no time limit. also at Bellavista the price is for the day not the round. So 36 holes if you like!!!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats great do you expect to be able to offer the same rates as the tour operators and hotels? we used 'Tee Times Abroad' last trip and paid in U.K. before we came out. The deal at Bellavista is good You can pay for 10 or 20 green fees and use them whenever you like, no time limit. also at Bellavista the price is for the day not the round. So 36 holes if you like!!!
Just looked at your Web Page looks great. Get the ones in Portugal on there too!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

gerrythephone will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the comments.
When the site is complete it will include all courses within easy driving distance of Ayamonte together with green fee charges and hopefully online booking facilities for green fees and accom. In time this will include Esuri and very soon the new course at El Rompido opening March/ April 2006 to be called El Molinillo a par 72 6400mtr challenge.
In the meantime i can offer reduced green fee bookings for most courses.
Thats enough advertising-sorry
Gerry

Just looked at your Web Page looks great. Get the ones in Portugal on there too!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi gerrythephone,

Just a thought, if you could lead off with a map with concentric circles centered on Ayamonte marked at 10, 20, 30 and 40 km and the GC on both sides of the border flagged it would be a great visual introduction to the site and include all courses within an hours drive whatever time of year.

There must 20 or more courses within those parameters by 2007 and it would highlight just what a a great golf destination Ayamonte is becoming.

You might also like to include a Bowling page since I have been surprised to discover that Tavira and Ayamonte are very popular destinations for English bowling clubs.

Great site so far and I am sure with your ideas it will develop and expand just added my thoughts along the lines of "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by gerrythephone
Thanks for the comments.
When the site is complete it will include all courses within easy driving distance of Ayamonte together with green fee charges and hopefully online booking facilities for green fees and accom. In time this will include Esuri and very soon the new course at El Rompido opening March/ April 2006 to be called El Molinillo a par 72 6400mtr challenge.
In the meantime i can offer reduced green fee bookings for most courses.
Thats enough advertising-sorry
Gerry
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi John,
You've been busy posting today!
Tavira & Ayamonte bowling clubs? As in 10 pin bowling, or lawn bowling?
Seems almost sacrilegious to have a bowling lane so near all the churches (12 +) in Tavira!
Sorry, can't resist it....Yabadabadoo!!!
My apologies to all the serious bowlers out there,
Carol
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol&John,

Not Ten Pin. I'm from t'north where bowling is Crown Green but I believe the ones over in Spain/Portugal are the soft southern option of Flat (Lawn) Green Bowling.

Non the less they are very well used and popular the Tavira one is, I understand, owned and operated by a Scot.

Regards,

John.

PS not much on Spain today so I joined in!

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi John,
You've been busy posting today!
Tavira & Ayamonte bowling clubs? As in 10 pin bowling, or lawn bowling?
Seems almost sacrilegious to have a bowling lane so near all the churches (12 +) in Tavira!
Sorry, can't resist it....Yabadabadoo!!!
My apologies to all the serious bowlers out there,
Carol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.