Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

I very nearly did have a few clapped out horses for hire on the beach!
Too much red tape, not enough margin, too short a season etc etc

Best Loco

Originally Posted by matt begley
got any donkeys on the beach yet? lol
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

kpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nice

Originally Posted by sijones
hello this our first time here.
we are looking for a permenant move to spain and have just returned to the uk after renting a property near Orihuela costa blanca for the last 3mths to see whether we liked it or not.
we found the area not what we were really looking for. The main things that put us off were that there was no shops/bars/restuarants etc whithin easy walking distance, only mile upon mile of empty houses. we felt very isolated and vunerable especially during the nights.
since finding this forum we are thinking of having a look at the costa esuri area. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. is this development going to be just a holiday place or will most properties be occupied all year round?, after our last experience we do not wish to end up living somewhere where we are surrounded by hundreds of empty houses in the winter.

2. will there be shops/bars/ restuarants open during the winter?

3. after looking at the photographs of the swimming pools i can not see any place where you could put more than a couple of sun loungers. How many houses are there to each pool?

4. Is there any sound insulation in these houses as when someone did appear next door at our rental place for a few days, we could here every word they said and more. are all houses in spain like this !

sorry to have been so long winded in my first post. but i do not want to fall into the same trap as those in Orihuela
the costa luz area looks so inviting.

thankyou.
simon.
Costa Esuri is quite a way out from the nearest town (Ayemonte), certainly not walking distance. In terms of a holiday season, then it is about 8 weeks in the Summer in Isla Canela (nearest beaches). There is going to be a lot of competition for the all year round golfing market from CDS and Algarve. Eventually, CE may be an all year round place, but it will take a long while, if ever. And even as an all year round place, then you are going to be restricted to the local facilities. Also, it may be lovely and warm in the Summer, but when we visited in May it was sunny but cold and windy.

At the end of the day, it all depends on how many peeps have bought to live there permanently, and how many have bought as a holiday home. If you are looking for all year round living in CDL, then look to Ayemonte or some other large town, not a remote urbanisation such as CE.

Regards
Kevin
Old Feb 26th 2006, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
Am I wrong in assuming that when you purchase a new property it’s the developer that should be arranging that the house is clean before you take it over ?, especially concrete stains on the patio. I have brought a number of new houses in the UK and they have always been clean befor signing the final contract and moving in. I realise it’s not UK but should it not be clean and ready to move into. Just a thought.

It is just job's for the boys, scratch my back I will scratch yours. Oh and I am not sorry to say that the British will never clean like the Spanish. It might sound sexist but the Spanish women are born to clean, against the British women who are born to have a career!!???????????Plus they are cheaper and better. viva Espana.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 11:10 am
Jono

jono6395 will become famous soon enoughjono6395 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
It is just job's for the boys, scratch my back I will scratch yours. Oh and I am not sorry to say that the British will never clean like the Spanish. It might sound sexist but the Spanish women are born to clean, against the British women who are born to have a career!!???????????Plus they are cheaper and better. viva Espana.
Sorry - I wasnt aware this forum had been renamed to : 'Loony Bin - random posts welcomed'
Old Feb 26th 2006, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

What is loony or random explaing why houses are not handed over clean and tidy.

What SLR says about Spanish cleaners here is also normally true esp when they are older.

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by jono6395
Sorry - I wasnt aware this forum had been renamed to : 'Loony Bin - random posts welcomed'
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
No comment.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Gabrielle.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

There was an interesting and positive article on Costa Esuri in the Mail on Sunday Property Supplement yesterday, did anyone else read it?

Gabrielle
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jono6395
Maybe you have a lot to learn about Spanish life, You will find its totally different and if you dont adopt the mañana attitude maybe you will become the loony one
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:14 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sijones
hello this our first time here.
we are looking for a permenant move to spain and have just returned to the uk after renting a property near Orihuela costa blanca for the last 3mths to see whether we liked it or not.
we found the area not what we were really looking for. The main things that put us off were that there was no shops/bars/restuarants etc whithin easy walking distance, only mile upon mile of empty houses. we felt very isolated and vunerable especially during the nights.
since finding this forum we are thinking of having a look at the costa esuri area. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. is this development going to be just a holiday place or will most properties be occupied all year round?, after our last experience we do not wish to end up living somewhere where we are surrounded by hundreds of empty houses in the winter.

2. will there be shops/bars/ restuarants open during the winter?

3. after looking at the photographs of the swimming pools i can not see any place where you could put more than a couple of sun loungers. How many houses are there to each pool?

4. Is there any sound insulation in these houses as when someone did appear next door at our rental place for a few days, we could here every word they said and more. are all houses in spain like this !

sorry to have been so long winded in my first post. but i do not want to fall into the same trap as those in Orihuela
the costa luz area looks so inviting.

thankyou.
simon.
Simon I looked at Costa Esuri and it was very seductive and was tempted. I do not want to denigrate the place or any other urbanisation, but I think what you are looking to find is not something you will get on a major development. In Chiclana where I have bought a house we have wonderful developments at Novo Sancti Petri, but in January the place was a ghost town driving through. Even Barossa beach which is nearer the centre and has many Spanish inhabitants is primarily a holiday home/ weekend home district and is very quiet out of season. I found Ayamonte itself charming but Costa Esuri is quite a walk into the old town. The property shows in Britian are focused primarily on these large developments, or small developments of similar houses by a single developer. If you want something more individual you are going to have to work hard to find it, bearing in mind the pitfalls of rural purchase. PM me if you want more info and I will try and help.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Gabrielle,

Long time no speak. Do you have a link for this I have searched the Mail on Sunday site but nothing shows under Costa Esuri, did it have another title?

Regards,

John.

Ps just spoken to my neice who takes the M on S and she says that it does not do a property supplement.

Originally Posted by Gabrielle.B
Hi everyone

There was an interesting and positive article on Costa Esuri in the Mail on Sunday Property Supplement yesterday, did anyone else read it?

Gabrielle

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 27th 2006 at 3:25 am. Reason: added PS
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Andy C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Gabrielle

I think you will find if you read it again ,it is in fact an advertisement by Fadesa. The first of its kind to my knowledge. Perhaps sales have slowed. It paints a glowing picture but I wonder who the " SPOKESMAN" is and why he /she has not seen fit to talk to the current buyers. Also I wonder why they have not used actual pictures of the site instead of mock-ups.

Andy C
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy C
I think you will find if you read it again ,it is in fact an advertisement by Fadesa. The first of its kind to my knowledge. Perhaps sales have slowed. It paints a glowing picture but I wonder who the " SPOKESMAN" is and why he /she has not seen fit to talk to the current buyers. Also I wonder why they have not used actual pictures of the site instead of mock-ups.

Andy C
I think you will find most are artists impressions of the sites, at Higauron near me they are still waiting for the artists impression golf course to be built after 3 years
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi everyone

Gabrielle
Hi Gabrielle

Got The Times for a change yesterday so missed it, also could not find a link online. What was the article called so I can do a search on title.

Could do with some positive reading this thread gets very negative sometimes.

Regards

Lynn
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:47 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Gabrielle
Hi
I can't find it either ... I've read the papers from front to back and looked on line! Do you have a page no?
Sharon
PS Presuming, of course, that it's worth all the trouble to find!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi Gabrielle

Got The Times for a change yesterday so missed it, also could not find a link online. What was the article called so I can do a search on title.

Could do with some positive reading this thread gets very negative sometimes.

Regards

Lynn
You'll find that most of the negative comments come from People who have not invested in CE ..usual stuff...under the pretence of 'helping you'... etc Just gather a Yawn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.