Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by jean&john
We are thinking of booking a room at the Don Diego hotel in Ayamonte and would like to know if anyone has stayed there and, if so, can they recommend it.

We usually stay at the Atlantico but would like to stay in the town.

Jean & John
How can I say Cheap & cheerful. Absolutely Ideal for being close to town, I stayed here several times and I would recommend it, but it is basic. Then again being so close to town all you need is a bed and basic continental style breakfast, then perfect. All in all you will certainly feel the benefit in your pockets.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:31 am
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jean&john
We are thinking of booking a room at the Don Diego hotel in Ayamonte and would like to know if anyone has stayed there and, if so, can they recommend it.

We usually stay at the Atlantico but would like to stay in the town.

Jean & John
Hi Jean and John,

Was wondering where you are up to with your property, there seems to be an awful lot of unhappy people posting comments at the moment, to be honest we were expecting a delay after all it is Spain, but we were hoping at least to have everything sorted out by Easter. When are you next going over to CE, we were hoping to go over last week but there wasn't much point hopefully we'll get over again at Easter.

Regards,

Andrea and Col
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

well well well.....been away for a long weekend and come back to an audition thread for "grumpy old men & women". What on earth has happened to our jolly community of esurians?

Please lets get back on track, there's absolutely no need for all this doom and gloom. Neither is there any need for - my property is bigger than yours, in a better place and therefore I am much cleverer than you - nonsense.

We all pay our money, we all make our own choices - no need to politely rubbish the choices other people make or make snide comments about their decisions to employ cleaners, managing agents etc. It's all a little juvenile, don't you think?

We're all in this to make life a little better for ourselves, and this thread should only be about providing genuine good advice and help for those who have bought or intend to buy on CE, which is by the way, the best council estate I have ever seen.

Rant over, and good luck to all of you nearing completion.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
Insecurity with a lot of the recent posts don't you think Gerry, when we do help (if you choose to remember NIE No's for one) you choose to ignore & ridicule, because we are not part of the Esurian cuidad. But we have done what you are doing so why can't we be of help!!

A friend of mine with no Interest of investing in Spain what so ever had a look at this thread, he then watched on TV that the Spanish, Gibraltian & Spanish governments were discussing the future of Gibraltar. He suggested that perhaps part of the negotiations would be to give Esuri to Britain in part ex for Gib, he pointed out the perfect position for the union bandera and asked for a contact to tender for the enclosure fencing and watch towers.

Gerry that isn't a joke and is observation of this thread, then comments made by a very very intelligent person, ok off the cuff after a few bottles of wine

But for us so called outsiders that is exactly what it reads, self indulgent back slapping to convince each other that you have made the best discovery in Spain and no one else is welcome.

If I dare suggested my local evening paper actually mentioned the Esuri in an advertisement, or article what would be the response of most of the threaders on here. Now thats is an opportunity?
John, he may be very very intelligent. I also have enough qualifications to sink a battleship and have a different opinion. But who cares? At the end of the day we make our own choices. I'm happy with mine, he's happy with his,and you are happy with yours. So chill and let those who have decided that this is the choice for them be happy. Sams original thread started along the lines of 'has anyone bought in Costa Esuri .....and that is why this thread exists...

There have been postings suggesting council estate (as if), good fun if the electricity does not work (whats good about other peoples misfortunes) , down at the old bull and bush mentality (this is not Costa Del Sol). I can say that I do not recognise any of those characteristics in myself, or anyone who appears to want to live there. Most of the contacts I have had have been with genuinely nice people.

Relax!

Last edited by GerryW; Feb 28th 2006 at 5:33 am.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:34 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Guys & gals,

I am occasionally tempted by some comment or other to send a letter to a newspaper but have always found something better to do - nail my hand to a floorboard, you know the kind of thing. Here I found myself torn between unsubscribing from this thread, wondering why Sue hasn't called in the man with no name and shut it all down, and typing a few words of inane chatter. So here's to inane. I think it was the comment from one dude that there are a number of contributors he would like to share a beer with that tipped the balance, a) 'cos I like beer; b) me too; c) 'cos I like beer. So here goes.

CHILL OUT.

Blimey, I need a beer after that. That's better. So, que sera sera. Life is far too short for unnecessary billhooks, as my sailing instructor used to say. Gotta go, bet you can guess why.

Rock 'n' roll, Jules
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=andreaandcol]Hi Jean and John,

there seems to be an awful lot of unhappy people posting comments at the moment, to be honest we were expecting a delay after all it is Spain, but we were hoping at least to have everything sorted out by Easter.

1 letter from Fadesa in nearly 2 years isn't really good enough, especially when the letter asks you to go out in November 05.
Personally could not give a damn that the property was not ready until 2007, but to have a carrot dangled and then taken away on a number of occasions, to make provision and appear to have no comeback, someone somewhere is really taking advantage of the good old British mentality.
Have said on a number of occasions, all I really want is communication, when I will be able to possibly think about getting the keys.
Quiero ir a la casa
Ned
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ned kelly]
Originally Posted by andreaandcol
Hi Jean and John,

there seems to be an awful lot of unhappy people posting comments at the moment, to be honest we were expecting a delay after all it is Spain, but we were hoping at least to have everything sorted out by Easter.

1 letter from Fadesa in nearly 2 years isn't really good enough, especially when the letter asks you to go out in November 05.
Personally could not give a damn that the property was not ready until 2007, but to have a carrot dangled and then taken away on a number of occasions, to make provision and appear to have no comeback, someone somewhere is really taking advantage of the good old British mentality.
Have said on a number of occasions, all I really want is communication, when I will be able to possibly think about getting the keys.
Quiero ir a la casa
Ned

As I am not buying a place here I will probably be named as a doom and gloom stirrer, but then I only live in Spain and work in the constrution industry.......

If there is a problem timewise it usually means paperwork trouble or lack of money.
Construction time is no problem, they build as quick as they can and get out, they dont want to spend extra time on yours when they can buy more land and build more places at much higher prices than what you paid two years ago.
If I had only one letter in two years I would be extremely worried as to why.
What does your lawyer think about it?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All,

I thought it was time I reoported back on my recent trip to Ayamonte with my thoughts on progress on site so here goes.

Been back 2 weeks now, caught a nasty chest infection before we left UK and only just surfacing from the coughing attacks. Having been knocked back by the chest infection I was reluctant to join in discussions on the Forum, because oddly I felt quite depressed in a general sense, something I have not experienced before but then I don't remember having such a fierce cough and cold either. The chest was pretty bad but my architects wife and partner architect recommended a powder called Frenadol Complex and it was real knock out drops so it was not till I got home and ran out of them that I felt the full impact of the infection. I avoid taking things like the plague but this stuff was good and supposedly only contains paracetamol and lemon juice. Its much better now so you will no doubt see me posting again I just did not want to seem down beat when really my return message is upbeat if we have the patience to see the site through to completion, but it will take time, much longer than I first envisaged

I have read through the thread back to the first alarms about plot handovers. Talking to all the professionals Estate Agents, my Architect and Lawyers there does not seem to be any foundation to the fears about additional delays to plot handovers and completions due to planning problems or nefarious activity by the council.

The rumours may have arisen due to the purchase by Fadesa of a part of the fish farm, which was confirmed, to me at the shed as far back as September when it was said that the hope to turn this part into a marina was dependant on National government. It already has a commercial use so the Local government cannot object. The dilemma seems to be that the National government do not want anymore development north of the motorway in the protected areas but their own studies have shown that more marina capacity is required if tourist revenue is not to be lost to competitor countries. Fadesa are not asking for extra housing on this site just ancillary marina uses such as yachts chandlers, riverside bars and restaurants so it may get approved eventually.

Turning to Paul's note about no more topographical changes I am sure this information relates only to Golf I, as late as Wednesday three weeks ago there was big earthmoving plant working late into the evening around the third fairway of Golf II, to the south of my plot, and non of the holes 1,2,3,4,5,or 6 have been shaped at all.

However the 16th tees and fairway below my plot is shaped up and I do not think it will change because a large drainage ditch comes from a pipe under the distributor between R6 and R18 which must act as an overflow for the lake on fairway 15. A lot of work remains to be done to the lake and this may result in changes to the bottom end of 15. My plot was very temporarily marked out and the bottom 1/5 falls very steeply to the ditch course but that's where I want to put my pool so we would be digging out anyway. The rest of the plot has a very steep fall from the road to the pool but Piers design makes full use of this to our advantage with basements.

In general the site as a whole has come on by leaps and bounds and access is available into areas that I have not previously been to. It shows that the whole development is much bigger than I first thought. Fadesa have sold on a number of areas such as RVA-3, RAGO-2 and RAGO-3 to Pracsa homes who are building Albatros Golf apartments but a whole separate development by Grupo Tassa is happening up in the north west of the site above R-33 and west of RPA-1 which I had not seen on any plans. This is now well advanced and is at least as big as Pueblo Andaluz.

My early career was spent in Local Government and for a time I worked in the New Town movement at Runcorn Development Corporation and CE puts me in mind of that era and that scale of development, Runcorn, Skelmersdale, Dawly (Telford) and Cumbernauld all about 18,000 pop to start with. However these were all much tighter denser developments with much less open space and all suffered initially from having no defined centre or shops. To my mind CE avoids these difficulties if the shops and hotels come on stream anything like to schedule. Plus you get higher temps and glorious light and sunshine.

Planting is going on apace and the wet winter must give the vegetation a good starter for ten. There is a good mix of typical plants such as palms and ancient olive trees being replanted together with lots of young trees alongside the roads.

We had hoped to complete on this trip but it did not happen. Had long discussions with my architect about progress and the then current hiatus in the design process was due to his exclusion from site when he needed to obtain a topographical survey to define the boundaries and a soil survey to define bearing pressure for the structural design. He had been talking to Fadesa at the shed and it was almost agreed that he could commission the soil survey. In addition Fadesa agreed access for topographical survey purposes on our penultimate day so they may already have taken place.

I note that most of the early apartment completions back in September were by Spanish purchasers who probably did not use an Abrogado and went direct to their nearest Notario such as Juan Carlos did in Madrid. These people are not fools and have better access to information in their own language than us (Juan Carlos works for a Spanish bank in Madrid) and would not go ahead without feeling confident that the development will be completed as designed and to a good standard. We northern Europeans (Brits Dutch German) tend to expect timescales to be more realistic and better adhered to but the Spanish know the ways of their compatriots and do not get alarmed if it is not all perfect on day one. It is staggering to see some elements of completed works that seem totally isolated from any development such as complete high quality children's play areas with all the equipment and no houses nearby (just north of my plot), benches line all the surfaced roads and alongside every bench is a waste bin. These are obviously demanded as part of the planning process and they are there and of high quality to boot.

I don't think Golf I will be playable until the end of this year and Golf II will be at least 12 months behind that so that is an added reason not to be too hasty. If as my Architect predicts it takes another 4 months to get design and building approval and then 9 months for the build it looks like September 2007 before we move in and we may just be able to play on our own course at the bottom of the garden.

I think the development will take 10-15 years to fully mature and building will be ongoing for a large part of that time so I guess we will have to get used to it. Pracsa homes are due to develop 125 apartments behind us so that could take some time to complete.

Overall I think the development will be very good and upmarket if the Hotels strike the right note for clientele. If they provide additional sporting facilities such as tennis and soccer pitches it could become a latter day La Manga.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 28th 2006 at 10:29 am.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=John & Kath]

Overall I think the development will be very good and upmarket if the Hotels strike the right note for clientele. If they provide additional sporting facilities such as tennis and soccer pitches it could become a latter day La Manga.
[QUOTE]

Welcome back !! and thanks for the info.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

I thought it was time I reoported back on my recent trip to

Regards,

John.

Good to see you back John with so much interesting and postive information just what we need at the moment.
Thank you.
Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:47 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

John & Kath

Sorry you have been so poorly John but welcome back and thank you for the news, especially as it is positive.....we all needed that after recent postings !

Also thanks to Gerry and Jules, positive and humourous - we am quite happy to be buying in a place that has folk with these characteristics plus the sun, sea
etc. Can't be bad !!

Regards to all

Mel and John
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=John & Kath]Hi All,

I thought it was time I reoported back on my recent trip to Ayamonte with my thoughts on progress on site so here goes.

Many thanks for that long and very interesting report, John and I am glad you are feeling better.

Turning to Paul's note about no more topographical changes I am sure this information relates only to Golf I

Perhaps I need to qualify that further and state it may only relate to our plot! The question our engineer put to Fadesa would have been along the lines of "will the topography of our plot be subject to any material changes?" and the answer would have been 'no'!

Abd I hope the marina does materialise too. I will move my boat there.

Paul
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

We are flying out to Faro tomorrow night and will be spending time in Ayamonte over the next 18 days. Would anyone like our company for a nice Spanish lunch?

Paul and Dawn
Old Feb 28th 2006, 10:43 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandDawnH
We are flying out to Faro tomorrow night and will be spending time in Ayamonte over the next 18 days. Would anyone like our company for a nice Spanish lunch?

Paul and Dawn

Would like to have taken you up on that but we don't go out until 06/04. Enjoy the sun and think about us lot in the freezing wind, snow sleet...yeh I bet you will !!!

Mel & John
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PaulandDawnH,

Sorry but can't make it just now confined to barracks.

However if on your perambulations about the site you could keep your eyes open for any sign of starts on plot sites it would be good to know. Talking to Simon Llewellyn, he said that just about now a small scale developer who had taken about half a dozen plots and obtained his building licence before Fadesa put the clamps on was going to start building.

It would heartening and uplifting to know that an individual Villa was underway even if it is not mine.

Regards,

John

Originally Posted by PaulandDawnH

Paul and Dawn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.