Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hola Marisol,

Resueno a qué John dice.

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello!

My husband has just called to fadesa and they told him we will have our house (townhouse) in May. He said to them that it is a new notice for us and that we think that it is not the better way to say to us that they are going to give the keys, they were who should have called or sent a letter, that there is an absolute fault of communication with the owners. They told him that they are aware of this and that they are trying to solve this problem.

They wanted us, in order to accelerate the steps, to sign the title deed and once signed they will give the keys to the technical Direction in order to solve all the possible imperfections. We have not accepted, we are not going to leave our keys to anybody even though our house is empty yet.

We told them that visiting our house will be the first step we were going to do, we would try to find all the imperfections and, once these have been solved then we will sign the title deed.

So, we think that the best to do is as following:

1) Visit the house and give to the Technical Direction all the imperfections in writing, such as windows that do not close right, walls damaged, etc.
2) The Technical Direction must solve these problems.
3) Once all the problems have been solved, sign the the title deed
4) When you are living in the new house and some time later, report to Fadesa all the imperfections you find out when you already live there, such as humidities, etc.. All of this has a year of guarantee after signing.

We think they want to eliminate the first step and in this way, they could accelerate the process of signing the title.

I am sure, there must be a lot of mistakes in my post but nevertheless, i hope it can help.

Best regards,
marisol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marisol
So, we think that the best to do is as following:

1) Visit the house and give to the Technical Direction all the imperfections in writing, such as windows that do not close right, walls damaged, etc.
2) The Technical Direction must solve these problems.
3) Once all the problems have been solved, sign the the title deed
4) When you are living in the new house and some time later, report to Fadesa all the imperfections you find out when you already live there, such as humidities, etc.. All of this has a year of guarantee after signing.

Best regards,
marisol
Hi

Totally agree - have adopted a similar process ourselves.

Cut a long story short - we initially snagged last year, reinspected again in Feb, but little had been rectified, so we havn't completed.

Funnily enough today there was a message on my answering machine from the shed enquiring whether we wanted to complete this month - this very much depends on whether the works have been carried out !!.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
try www.ayto-ayamonte.es/pita/INGLES/ehome1.htm - quite a reasonable resource.
Hi,
Thanks, but couldn't access the site (also tried: www.ayto-ayamonte.es/portal2/ but server wouldn't connect - probably my computer playing up )
Yes, I do read IslaCanela site, and they have a good selection of information. It does help, I think, when you are living in the area, or have completed already on your purchase. One day soon!
I'll take a look at the link from Tricia (thanks!), but I'm really an I.T.numbskull, so will gladly rely on others to provide the knowledge...
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Thanks John&Kath for your reply post. It was interesting to hear of the developments.

Last edited by Carol&John; Mar 3rd 2006 at 7:50 am. Reason: correction
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Loco
I would suggest you find a new lawyer. They must know full well the Ley de Ordenación de la Edificación / 1.591 of the Civil Code offers protection to purchasers against "construction defects" for not 1 year but 1, 3 or 10 years
Best

Loco
LOCO,
Having read alot of your comments, you appear very well informed, do you work for Fadesa?Sorry-used to work for them.
Ned
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:18 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Discussions about Ayamonte/Esuri do not have to be contained in this one thread. There is a Spain Forum outside this thread which is there for all to use.

If people have specific questions their posts would be less likely to be overlooked if they were posted in the main Spain forum. As an example: "Looking for furniture in Ayamonte" etc. You get the picture ....... go on spread your wings the rest of the site is waiting

Sue

[QUOTE=Carol&John]
Originally Posted by Mike and Carol

Hi Mike and Carol,
I think this is a good point you've raised, and I don't know if there is a correct/incorrect answer. Why not try it and see? I for one would be interested in finding out more about Ayamonte/Huelva province: shops, hairdressers, restaurants, places to take the children, or places to hide from the children! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Costa Esuri could remain as a separate thread, why not? The Spain forum covers a variety of topics. It has been reassuring/thought provoking to read comments from other people. I look forward to meeting most of you in the not too distant future. Roll on summertime!
Regards,
Carol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

"I agree. Discussions about Ayamonte/Esuri do not have to be contained in this one thread. There is a Spain Forum outside this thread which is there for all to use.

Don't I know it! If I were relying on an Altea thread, I'd be doomed ...
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
LOCO,
Having read alot of your comments, you appear very well informed, do you work for Fadesa?Sorry-used to work for them.
Ned
To slightly change an age old quote, bringing it up to date with Fadesa etc:

You dont have to be mad ('Loco') to work for Fadesa, but it helps!!

Thanks for the feedback regarding snagging, its clear that we actually do have some leverage and although a pre-completion trip is not totally essential (as we are covered legally by guarantees) - it is advisable.

Now to call Paula at the shed; confirm the visit by fax; get a cheap flight and car rental (making sure to tell them I am crossing the border if I fly to Faro and not Seville, to avoid price-hikes); follow the directions to get there; stay at Atlantico or Don Diego... or maybe that lovely riverside B+B; do the snag and use the information Ive gotten here; take photos; eat and drink at some great restaurants/bars - that I know of; Have a drink with Sam and anyone else there at the same time, whom I can contact at the forum; take a look at some recommended furniture shops etc; and then head back.

All this info, in the paragraph above, I have only gotten from this forum from well meaning people, willing to help other future residents.

THANK YOU for those contributors - keep 'em coming

Jon
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
LOCO,
Ned
Loco is only telling you what any lawyer should know about a property transaction in Spain. Please dont try and belittle anyone who tries to help you.
There is so much red tape here it is mad. Also just because someone tells you it is ok in an English accent dont rely on it, try to confirm everything with a reputable third party.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sue]I agree. Discussions about Ayamonte/Esuri do not have to be contained in this one thread. There is a Spain Forum outside this thread which is there for all to use.

If people have specific questions their posts would be less likely to be overlooked if they were posted in the main Spain forum. As an example: "Looking for furniture in Ayamonte" etc. You get the picture ....... go on spread your wings the rest of the site is waiting

Sue

I think this has been mentioned before
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Peter Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mjp
Hi we used HIFX Insurance Services Ltd as they offered a really good Building and Contents Policy for use as holiday homes as well as for full time living. We are going to use our apartment like you for renting and holidays and the premium was really good. The cover is very comprehensive and also gives you public liability insurance, in case anything happens when they are renting your apartment.
The contact number is 01753 751786. My friend works there if you ask for her, Polly Summers, she arranged ours and will be able to talk you through the policy and give you advice on the level of cover you should get. They have good information which they will send out and she was really helpful getting in place ready for when we completed. Quote this reference and she will get you the best discount on the premium that she can. (212720).

We completed at the end of January and have furnished our apartment mainly from Ikea. I keep meaning to put lots of information on the forum, but just haven't had the chance to put it all down.
We hired a van from Faro airport and got all the big furniture beds, sofa's etc to the apartment in one trip.We got all the electrical items, washing machine, fridge freezer etc from a local shop in Ayamonte and they were really helpful and we took it all away there and then. All the lights came from Ikea and they were very reasonable. If anyone has any questions about completion, or visiting Ikea ( we know the place inside out now!!), putting up lights, or ikea furniture or anything, please ask.Having gone through the process, happy to help with any information.

Will write more as soon as possible.I am going to work out how much it all cost, it was alot cheaper that the furniture packages we were looking at.If anyone wants any rough prices, let me know.

I have photo's of the inside of the apartment to show what we have done so far, ( I am getting some information together to promote to friends and family as it is ready now) but trying to work out how to put them up on the forum. Will try again later. Meanwhile if anyone would like them emailed directly let me know.

Hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for the info. We're going to be in our apartment (block 6) in just over a week's time. We too purchased all our lights from Ikea at Christmas but didn't manage to put any up so I'll be doing that this time round. Do I need to know anything about any special fixings or is it as straight forward as it is in the UK?
Like you, we too got most of our furniture from Ikea (don't forget-Wednesday is bed day-big savings) but used the services of an English couple who live in Seville. After arranging a date you simply call them about a half-hour before you are due to leave and they meet you at the checkout area, load up their transit and follow you home.

For anyone's info they are DONCAMPO 656631001 (mobile) 955180091 (home) they also have a website.
Also we used Conforta from the shed to do a thorough clean in our apartment, boy did it need it! Came out at about 80 euros

Regards, Pete
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Hi, thanks for the info. We're going to be in our apartment (block 6) in just over a week's time. We too purchased all our lights from Ikea at Christmas but didn't manage to put any up so I'll be doing that this time round. Do I need to know anything about any special fixings or is it as straight forward as it is in the UK?
Like you, we too got most of our furniture from Ikea (don't forget-Wednesday is bed day-big savings) but used the services of an English couple who live in Seville. After arranging a date you simply call them about a half-hour before you are due to leave and they meet you at the checkout area, load up their transit and follow you home.

For anyone's info they are DONCAMPO 656631001 (mobile) 955180091 (home) they also have a website.
Also we used Conforta from the shed to do a thorough clean in our apartment, boy did it need it! Came out at about 80 euros

Regards, Pete
Hi Pete
Do your self a favour
Spanish plaster board is not as good as in the UK,take the metal type plasterboard fixings,the hardware shop in Lepe sells them but I bought mine here.
I found that the board they use does not take a rawplug very well & being as there are no wooden joists there is nothing else to screw into.
The light fittings out there have push type connections rather than connector blocks,the wiring there is multi stranded not single core like the UK so it is slightly more fiddly
I hope this makes sence let me if you need a discription of the plaster board fixing
Regards
CM

Last edited by chrismortley; Mar 3rd 2006 at 10:13 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peter Rogers,

Do you have the web address? Or is it just www.doncampo.com?

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers

Regards, Pete
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Can anyone supply information about the TV options available in the Apartments ? Are the Aerial sockets in the rooms connected to a communal aerial? How many free channels are there in Spain (and are any English speaking) ? Can you buy a Freeview box for a one off payment, or is it necessary to subscribe to Sky ? Any information on pricing etc. ?

TIA
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=BobD]Can anyone supply information about the TV options available in the Apartments ? Are the Aerial sockets in the rooms connected to a communal aerial? How many free channels are there in Spain (and are any English speaking) ? Can you buy a Freeview box for a one off payment, or is it necessary to subscribe to Sky ? Any information on pricing etc. ?

TIA
Hi Bob
We took a sky digi box from the UK(pace 2600) but if want you can get them second hand in spain or portugal look in the local paper
Sky do a freview card (£20.00) I think this has been mentioned before on this thread.
Even without the card you have
BBC 1,2,3,4
Sky News
Lots of BBC radio channels
ITV
Go to any store (comet,Dixons) they will have the full list
Sorry I can't help you with your aerial connections but I would imagine you will have a communal connection
I hope this helps
CM
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BobD and Chris,
(oops, I nearly typed in TIA - thinking that was your name!! ) Thanks for your posts.
Re: Sky.
Funnily enough, I've recently read information about it from Toast forum "General Chat" at www.eyeonislacanela.com In particular, the threads "Los Cisnes - emergency meeting..." (to do with satellite dishes), and "Sky news - update" (I think this is the title). Loco also has posted good technical information (like yourself Chris) on that forum about Sky, etc. Thank you, but I don't understand the half of it!! I'll pass this info on to John...
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Mar 3rd 2006 at 11:40 pm. Reason: complete address/not responding!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.