Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:03 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Dave and Trish
Hi All,
We have been assured by our solicitor that completion on our property will happen mid-March, so the bags are packed & the ferry is booked, as our new life on CE begins.
We would like to thank everyone for all the useful info posted over the past 18 months, as if it wasn't for you lot we would be up the Guardiana without a paddle.

If any of you want specific info / photo's etc about progress of any kind PM us & we will endeavour to find out...... providing we can find internet access.

gracias
Dave & Trish
Hi

Fantastic news! Are you townhouse or apartment? Hope to meet you for a drink in the not too distant future!

Sharon
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:15 am
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
They do 2 types, Mitsubishi, which is more expensive and Fujitsu, have gone for 2nd option, 3812euros for a town house- difference of 1000euros more or less.
Both are hot and cold, 3 year warranty on engine-2 years parts.
Hope this helps
Ned
thanks very much ned k
paula
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mike and Carol]
Can the forum be used to share information about the best places to for instance get keys cut in Ayamonte; where to get a taxi late at night; a good vegetarian restaurant in Ayamonte, or even a good hairdresser (this is for the ladies)
Hi Mike and Carol,
I think this is a good point you've raised, and I don't know if there is a correct/incorrect answer. Why not try it and see? I for one would be interested in finding out more about Ayamonte/Huelva province: shops, hairdressers, restaurants, places to take the children, or places to hide from the children! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Costa Esuri could remain as a separate thread, why not? The Spain forum covers a variety of topics. It has been reassuring/thought provoking to read comments from other people. I look forward to meeting most of you in the not too distant future. Roll on summertime!
Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Mar 2nd 2006 at 9:05 am. Reason: forgot to delete
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Carol&John][QUOTE=Mike and Carol]

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Costa Esuri could remain as a separate thread, why not? [QUOTE]

Hi
try www.ayto-ayamonte.es/pita/INGLES/ehome1.htm - quite a reasonable resource.

Perhaps we could join the Isla Canela forum - or if anyone knows how to create a forum do one ourselves?

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps we could join the Isla Canela forum - or if anyone knows how to create a forum do one ourselves?

[/QUOTE]

Hello all

Sarah did create a separate thread on the Canela forum for 'Esurians' but people have not, for whatever reason, joined. Some of you that know me know that I have posted regularly there and in all honesty I can say it rarely suffers from the 'downs' that appear here. To be honest it doesn't matter where you are buying everyone passes on helpful advice but obviously the separate thread is necessary for things purely related to Esuri.

The only possible drawback is that as Sarah's site is linked to promoting rentals you can't really post things like 'anyone got an apartment they want to rent out', that sort of thing. But apart from that, nearly all the general questions people have asked have the answers there on the forum, up to you.

Good luck to you all, Sharon & Ted, it was great meeting you even if I can't quite remember what I had for dinner later !!!!!, hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Tricia
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:53 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Tricia]Perhaps we could join the Isla Canela forum - or if anyone knows how to create a forum do one ourselves?

Hi

When we rented Tricia's place last year on El Rincon she gave us the address of a website that an El Rincon owner had created for other owners and renters staying in those properties. It's fab! So informative ... from directions of how to find the place through to restaurants, opening closing times of places, a great page on helpful hints, etc and owners are invited to share their "finds". What we need is a computer-minded resident with time on their hands to put something together for Esuri - any offers????

Sharon

PS Tricia I've just finished the film in the camera (Jack and Georgia building snowmen yesterday!) so will be able to let you have a copy of the photos shortly!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andreaandcol
Hi Jean and John,

Was wondering where you are up to with your property, there seems to be an awful lot of unhappy people posting comments at the moment, to be honest we were expecting a delay after all it is Spain, but we were hoping at least to have everything sorted out by Easter. When are you next going over to CE, we were hoping to go over last week but there wasn't much point hopefully we'll get over again at Easter.

Regards,

Andrea and Col
Hi I got an email from my lawyer saying that a snagging trip was not necessary as Fadesa re arequired to fix any problems found up to 1 year after completion. I posted this article previously

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-maga...rty-spain.aspx

My question is - when one does a snagging, can one delay completion until the points are completed?

Or realistically is it worth even holding Fadesa to that pre-completion... it may not be practical to make a special trip to check on the snag-fixing, and then not complete - go home and return when they are done.

As much as I would hate to give up the little bit of power I have over Fadesa (my completion monies) - I wonder if it is practically better to have the lawyer complete using his power of Attorney and then turn up later and do a single big bash of snagging, clean and move in.....

Any ideas please? Most people seem to be doing the snagging trip, but I am not sure if they are planning on completing till problems are fixed... and what they are planning around completion regarding the snags.

For example if people would realistically complete anyway knowing that the snags are listed (but still not yet fixed)- there is an argument that says save the snagging trip and just do one bash...

Also knowing Fadesa who's to say that they will 'de-snag' prior to completion anyway - leaving us in the lurch - standing there at the Notaires having made a completion trip, and just at the point of signing P****d off yet again with Fadesa!.

Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=tednsharon]
Originally Posted by Tricia

Hi

When we rented Tricia's place last year on El Rincon she gave us the address of a website that an El Rincon owner had created for other owners and renters staying in those properties. It's fab! So informative ... from directions of how to find the place through to restaurants, opening closing times of places, a great page on helpful hints, etc and owners are invited to share their "finds". What we need is a computer-minded resident with time on their hands to put something together for Esuri - any offers????

Sharon

PS Tricia I've just finished the film in the camera (Jack and Georgia building snowmen yesterday!) so will be able to let you have a copy of the photos shortly!
Hi Sharon

Yes, I forgot about that site, here's the link incase anyone fancies having a look http://www.zyworld.com/ElRinconDelGolf/intro.htm. I'm not sure if the through the keyhole section is active or not but it is very helpful to direct any renters to who want to know about the area and also owners. We do pay a small sum of about 1 euro a month to maintain the site which was voted on at the last AGM. If we have anything we think may be of use we mail it in ie restaurants, days out etc.

Re photos, I guess that's what it's all about really, photos of your kids playing on the beach and then making snowballs, all within one month of eachother

Tricia
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

For example if people would realistically complete anyway knowing that the snags are listed (but still not yet fixed)- there is an argument that says save the snagging trip and just do one bash...

Also knowing Fadesa who's to say that they will 'de-snag' prior to completion anyway - leaving us in the lurch - standing there at the Notaires having made a completion trip, and just at the point of signing P****d off yet again with Fadesa!.

Thanks
Jon[/QUOTE]

Hi John

I have to admit I have been a bit confused by this one. On Canela I am not aware that anyone was even offered the opportunity to do a snagging trip. We were told to do a list on our first visit, hand it into the sales office and the work would be done and it duly was. On our next visit we found something else and faxed it over to them, heard nothing but in the meantime received a document that once translated we realised was 'signing off' on the snagging. We did not sign it but returned it stating the other work was still not done (it was only one railing post that hadn't been painted). I actually forgot all about it and one one visit saw one of the maintenance men around, dragged him in to point out the railing, which to my embarrasment had actually been painted, oops

Another resident on the next development had a broken hob, she rang up and it was replaced that day. Lots of you are using solicitors that have acted for Canela aswell so just ask them the question re snagging trips ie do you need to do one or can you just fill the form in when you first go after completion. You, like us, will have lots of workmen around for a long time so for the little jobs I suggest practising your Spanish and your nicest smile, then drag them in to your place and they may well fix little things there and then but in general a 'snagging' trip seems like a waste of money and time off to me.

Tricia
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Tricia]
Originally Posted by tednsharon

Hi Sharon

Yes, I forgot about that site, here's the link incase anyone fancies having a look http://www.zyworld.com/ElRinconDelGolf/intro.htm. I'm not sure if the through the keyhole section is active or not but it is very helpful to direct any renters to who want to know about the area and also owners. We do pay a small sum of about 1 euro a month to maintain the site which was voted on at the last AGM. If we have anything we think may be of use we mail it in ie restaurants, days out etc.

Re photos, I guess that's what it's all about really, photos of your kids playing on the beach and then making snowballs, all within one month of eachother

Tricia

Most useful site, Thanks Tricia

Regards Mike and Carol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

My husband has just called to fadesa and they told him we will have our house (townhouse) in May. He said to them that it is a new notice for us and that we think that it is not the better way to say to us that they are going to give the keys, they were who should have called or sent a letter, that there is an absolute fault of communication with the owners. They told him that they are aware of this and that they are trying to solve this problem.

They wanted us, in order to accelerate the steps, to sign the title deed and once signed they will give the keys to the technical Direction in order to solve all the possible imperfections. We have not accepted, we are not going to leave our keys to anybody even though our house is empty yet.

We told them that visiting our house will be the first step we were going to do, we would try to find all the imperfections and, once these have been solved then we will sign the title deed.

So, we think that the best to do is as following:

1) Visit the house and give to the Technical Direction all the imperfections in writing, such as windows that do not close right, walls damaged, etc.
2) The Technical Direction must solve these problems.
3) Once all the problems have been solved, sign the the title deed
4) When you are living in the new house and some time later, report to Fadesa all the imperfections you find out when you already live there, such as humidities, etc.. All of this has a year of guarantee after signing.

We think they want to eliminate the first step and in this way, they could accelerate the process of signing the title.

I am sure, there must be a lot of mistakes in my post but nevertheless, i hope it can help.

Best regards,
marisol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marisol,

That is a brilliant post with sound advice. If my Spanish was 1/5 th as good as your English I would be very pleased. Does this mean you will live in CE permanently after May?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello!

I am sure, there must be a lot of mistakes in my post but nevertheless, i hope it can help.

Best regards,
marisol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Marisol,

That is a brilliant post with sound advice. If my Spanish was 1/5 th as good as your English I would be very pleased. Does this mean you will live in CE permanently after May?

Regards,

John.
Hi John,
Thanks for your words, i write better than i speak, i have to look for a lot of words in the dictionary, but thanks anyway.

We would like to live there permanently and we are planing to do it in a next future but now we can not live there because of our work. If we could find a job there or maybe, what it is even better, if we won the lottery, we could move there for ever. But, by now, we will go there as many times as we can.

Best regards,
marisol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Here i am again

I wanted to add to my previous post that what Fadesa asked us to do is not illegal. I mean, this is something that a lot of construction agencies does in order to gain time but they have to do it always with the consent of the owners. Nevertheless, what you all have to bear in mind is that when you sign something you are approving that everything is ok excepting all the failures that you can find out once you live there. In few words, you are signing the house is in perfect conditions, and that is why we are not agreed.
Regards,
marisol
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

I would suggest you find a new lawyer. They must know full well the Ley de Ordenación de la Edificación / 1.591 of the Civil Code offers protection to purchasers against "construction defects" for not 1 year but 1, 3 or 10 years depending on the severity and a lot of snags found during snagging are not even covered by the Law.

AFAICR under the Law if you have reasonable grounds to delay completion under your Contract you can. When minor snagging or other disputes occur completion with a retención seems quite normal here. I am not sure about either point but if you post on the forum at www.spanishpropertyinsight.com with any luck one of a group of experts will respond.

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi I got an email from my lawyer saying that a snagging trip was not necessary as Fadesa re arequired to fix any problems found up to 1 year after completion. I posted this article previously

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-maga...rty-spain.aspx

My question is - when one does a snagging, can one delay completion until the points are completed?

Or realistically is it worth even holding Fadesa to that pre-completion... it may not be practical to make a special trip to check on the snag-fixing, and then not complete - go home and return when they are done.

As much as I would hate to give up the little bit of power I have over Fadesa (my completion monies) - I wonder if it is practically better to have the lawyer complete using his power of Attorney and then turn up later and do a single big bash of snagging, clean and move in.....

Any ideas please? Most people seem to be doing the snagging trip, but I am not sure if they are planning on completing till problems are fixed... and what they are planning around completion regarding the snags.

Thanks
Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.