Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Sorry but can't make it just now confined to barracks.
John
Hi John,
Looks like you've just gone offline...Will it be an Horlick's or an Ovaltine?
Careful with the paracetamol complexes (don't o.d.), and, if they contained codeine, have the All-Bran ready. There've been quite a few respiratory viruses doing the rounds this winter. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Your comment regarding the children's playpark at CE: would that be near an area designated for a school, perhaps?
I agree that it could take 10 to 15 years for the CE urbanizacion to mature.
Any news about developments on the other side of the river (Portugal)? Would they (ie. Portuguese gov.) consider the importance of siting a marina nearby? (Just asking for the sake of curiosity.)
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Thanks for the photos, Paula.d! Anybody heard about Pueblo Andaluz??

Last edited by Carol&John; Mar 1st 2006 at 8:28 am. Reason: added p.s.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Carol&John,

No. This particular playpark was tucked in the corner of D (Deportivo), just north of S-1 where the Big Tent is now. We also saw several others but did not note locations since this is the closest to us for grand nephews and grand nieces to play on.

Both Ayamonte and Villa Real de San Antonio have extensively dredged and enlarged their Marinas over the last 12 months. I read in the Algarve English papers that more golf courses are proposed for the Eastern Algarve so the Portuguese are responding to the "threat" of Spanish tourism taking a bigger share of their cake.

I think over the longer term this can only be good for the prospects of CE provided that the quality is there ie La Manga, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago should be the level to pitch at.

Regards,

John

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi John,

Your comment regarding the children's playpark at CE: would that be near an area designated for a school, perhaps?

Any news about developments on the other side of the river (Portugal)? Would they (ie. Portuguese gov.) consider the importance of siting a marina nearby? (Just asking for the sake of curiosity.)
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Thanks for the photos, Paula.d! Anybody heard about Pueblo Andaluz??
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Hi Carol&John,

No. This particular playpark was tucked in the corner of D (Deportivo), just north of S-1 where the Big Tent is now. We also saw several others but did not note locations since this is the closest to us for grand nephews and grand nieces to play on.

Both Ayamonte and Villa Real de San Antonio have extensively dredged and enlarged their Marinas over the last 12 months. I read in the Algarve English papers that more golf courses are proposed for the Eastern Algarve so the Portuguese are responding to the "threat" of Spanish tourism taking a bigger share of their cake.

I think over the longer term this can only be good for the prospects of CE provided that the quality is there ie La Manga, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago should be the level to pitch at.

Regards,

John
La Manga, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago should be the level to pitch at.

Pitch at yes, dream of yes, but what about a bit of reality,

La Manga, Vale do Lobo, Quinta all on one site?

10 yrs ago our development was going to have a International equestrian center, International football academy, 5 yrs ago Isla Canela was the new Puerto Banus!

Nice they all are. I have visited and stayed at all, but John you also seem to know these well, do you really want the baggage, especially related to La Manga / Banus, mas ladrónes, mas senoras de las notches y mas camellos.
Be careful what you wish for.

As much as you keep saying you are different to the Costa del solerians, costa blancarians, las personas opportunities will still just see you easy targets.

I wonder who will be the one to have his/hers window knocked by the non members but so called visitors to this thread begging for money.

Oh shock horror!!

All this is very apparent in the level to pitch at:- La Manga/lobo/quinta

This is not mocking but reality.

The best things in life are best kept quite.

I am glad you are getting well, but why is it our business, sorry if that sounds harsh.

not so nameless

JOHN
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spanishliferules,

Please accept my apologies.

Regards,

John

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules

I am glad you are getting well, but why is it our business, sorry if that sounds harsh.

not so nameless

JOHN
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spanishliferules,

Regards,

John

Hi John,
Thank you for your good news.
I am very glad you feel better. After being in touch with almost of you in this forum, i feel as if i knew you in spite of not have met with anybody yet. Besides that, if i can remember, you were the first person in this forum that sent to me a PM and almost you all welcome me. Therefore, i really care if you feel good or not.
Best Regards,
marisol
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

SLR - What on earth is your problem?

Just to say John, that I too care about you being well.

We're out there from March 11-14 to do our snagging. Will post pics on our return.

Karen
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:40 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spanishliferules,

Regards,

John

John and Kath

Always appreciated your comments and sound good advice - you have nothing to apolgise for and glad you on on the road to recovery.

Take care

Mel
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:23 am
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to be such a bore. is anyone going with conforta for the air con and if so which makes - they offer two types don't they.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi billybassett,

Looking foreword to the photos since I forgot my camera I do not have any recent ones of my own. Thank you Karen for your concern I'm fine now.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by billybassett
SLR - What on earth is your problem?

Just to say John, that I too care about you being well.

We're out there from March 11-14 to do our snagging. Will post pics on our return.

Karen
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

It seems that some people are in a negative mood again. It is true that we have all
been frustrated over the past year or so, and the “ExPats” has been a great help to many of us. Indeed without it, our knowledge would have been very poor, as whoever we have bought from, whether it is Fadesa, Superior or uncle Tom Cobley they have all been less than forthcoming with information.

But whilst some of us will be waiting to complete , others have completed and are living on Esuri.whether full time or for holidays. Now is the time to share our knowledge about living there.
Can the forum be used to share information about the best places to for instance get keys cut in Ayamonte; where to get a taxi late at night; a good vegetarian restaurant in Ayamonte, or even a good hairdresser (this is for the ladies)

Sharing our experiences will help all, whether we are staying on Esuri for short or long periods. Many of us will feel a little lost at first and whilst nothing beats talking to others, there will be times when there will be few people around.

The moving to Esuri is going to be a great adventure for all of us but by sharing any information, we can all benefit.
There will still be problems with the developers and when they arise a quick comment should result in private messages or emails from others who have a solution.

Esuri has promise for the future and the expats site will always have a place but lets try to make it positive and promote the good side on living in a new country.

Mike and Carol
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike and Carol,
re Keys cut - in Ayamonte you can get this done at Leptis on the right hand side of the tree lined road into town, also Carefore in Cartaya has a key cut stall.
Hope this helps
Val
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 2:16 am
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike and Carol
It seems that some people are in a negative mood again. It is true that we have all
been frustrated over the past year or so, and the “ExPats” has been a great help to many of us. Indeed without it, our knowledge would have been very poor, as whoever we have bought from, whether it is Fadesa, Superior or uncle Tom Cobley they have all been less than forthcoming with information.

But whilst some of us will be waiting to complete , others have completed and are living on Esuri.whether full time or for holidays. Now is the time to share our knowledge about living there.
Can the forum be used to share information about the best places to for instance get keys cut in Ayamonte; where to get a taxi late at night; a good vegetarian restaurant in Ayamonte, or even a good hairdresser (this is for the ladies)

Sharing our experiences will help all, whether we are staying on Esuri for short or long periods. Many of us will feel a little lost at first and whilst nothing beats talking to others, there will be times when there will be few people around.

The moving to Esuri is going to be a great adventure for all of us but by sharing any information, we can all benefit.
There will still be problems with the developers and when they arise a quick comment should result in private messages or emails from others who have a solution.

Esuri has promise for the future and the expats site will always have a place but lets try to make it positive and promote the good side on living in a new country.

Mike and Carol

Hi Mike and Carol

Well said I couldn't agree more! far too many people seem to enjoy moaning, we're nearly there now after so long, lets make the most out of the site it's so useful and has been a great help to us and should not be misused.

Regards

Andrea and Col
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paula.davitt
sorry to be such a bore. is anyone going with conforta for the air con and if so which makes - they offer two types don't they.
They do 2 types, Mitsubishi, which is more expensive and Fujitsu, have gone for 2nd option, 3812euros for a town house- difference of 1000euros more or less.
Both are hot and cold, 3 year warranty on engine-2 years parts.
Hope this helps
Ned
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Dave and Trish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
We have been assured by our solicitor that completion on our property will happen mid-March, so the bags are packed & the ferry is booked, as our new life on CE begins.
We would like to thank everyone for all the useful info posted over the past 18 months, as if it wasn't for you lot we would be up the Guardiana without a paddle.

If any of you want specific info / photo's etc about progress of any kind PM us & we will endeavour to find out...... providing we can find internet access.

gracias
Dave & Trish
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave and Trish
Hi All,
We have been assured by our solicitor that completion on our property will happen mid-March, so the bags are packed & the ferry is booked, as our new life on CE begins.
We would like to thank everyone for all the useful info posted over the past 18 months, as if it wasn't for you lot we would be up the Guardiana without a paddle.

If any of you want specific info / photo's etc about progress of any kind PM us & we will endeavour to find out...... providing we can find internet access.

gracias
Dave & Trish
Good luck with your new life!

Regarding internet access, try www.gonuts4free.es - they're a pay-as-you-go ISP, assuming you'll have a home computer and a telephone line. They work fine and should suffice until - or if - you decide to go down the broadband route or a fixed price package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.