Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:52 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Typical estate agent can't tell the truth? If he thinks Isla Canela is Blackpool he's never been to Blackpool and If CE is a council estate I can't wait to get my name on the list for a council house!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Loco
SLR makes a valid point given one of the major real estate agents here privately refer to Isla Canela as "The Blackpool" of the CDL and CE as the "The Council Estate".

Best Loco
Hmmm with 2 18 hole golf courses. ROFL. The estate agent at best is Daft, and at worst is completely Loco...
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
Typical estate agent can't tell the truth? If he thinks Isla Canela is Blackpool he's never been to Blackpool and If CE is a council estate I can't wait to get my name on the list for a council house!

Fantastic - so my burnt out Cortina on the front lawn will not look out of place after all!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

I am not an insurance agent, thank goodness! -Paul and Dawn

and what's so wrong with selling insurance?

do you need some neighbour?

Matt

Last edited by matt begley; Feb 25th 2006 at 8:42 pm. Reason: mis spelling!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loco
It will be fun if those charged a fee by "experts" to organise connection to the electricidad, seperate or as part of a package, demand a refund when they find their PCS or DCS trips regularly, they are subscribed to a 3.3KW or 4.4KW supply and had never been told they could opt for paying the unregulated rate and that even if staying with Edesea this would save 2.25% on electricity, 5% on Gas and if you go for both the discount is 2.25% for Elec and 6% for gas.

In all cases they are offering a free 24-hour Emergency Home Repair Service. This includes call outs by "professional experts" in less than 3 hours at no cost to you, two hours' free labour and has a wide coverage including electricity, plumbing, locks and glazing.

Best
Loco

don't we get key meters on Council Estates?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=matt begley]

Oh, nothing at all. It is just that, in my previous life, I acted as financial adviser to a number of local insurance agents. I saw their income decimated by direct insurers which meant that a few got out of the game completely and those remaining found the game a bit harder to play. A shame; because relying on a local to arrange the cover for you and deal with any claims for you was much more efficient than tryiong to do it yourself.

Paul and Dawn
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by matt begley
The quality of a 'builders clean' is notoriously poor.

Everyone I have ever spoken to who has bought in Spain (new build) has always gone and done it themselves or employed someone else to don the marigolds and get out the caustic soda (best for cleaning cement stains from patios apparently).

I had a chat with Sam a few days ago and I will employ her and Benny to do the job at our place.

At least you can explain the quality of clean you want without losing anything in translation.

Personally I am not happy to employ Conforta to do the job as I am not sure I can trust them. At least I know where S and B live!!

Matt
Am I wrong in assuming that when you purchase a new property it’s the developer that should be arranging that the house is clean before you take it over ?, especially concrete stains on the patio. I have brought a number of new houses in the UK and they have always been clean befor signing the final contract and moving in. I realise it’s not UK but should it not be clean and ready to move into. Just a thought.

Last edited by Dave Smith; Feb 26th 2006 at 2:20 am.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 2:37 am
Just Joined

sijones is an unknown quantity at this point

hello this our first time here.
we are looking for a permenant move to spain and have just returned to the uk after renting a property near Orihuela costa blanca for the last 3mths to see whether we liked it or not.
we found the area not what we were really looking for. The main things that put us off were that there was no shops/bars/restuarants etc whithin easy walking distance, only mile upon mile of empty houses. we felt very isolated and vunerable especially during the nights.
since finding this forum we are thinking of having a look at the costa esuri area. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1. is this development going to be just a holiday place or will most properties be occupied all year round?, after our last experience we do not wish to end up living somewhere where we are surrounded by hundreds of empty houses in the winter.

2. will there be shops/bars/ restuarants open during the winter?

3. after looking at the photographs of the swimming pools i can not see any place where you could put more than a couple of sun loungers. How many houses are there to each pool?

4. Is there any sound insulation in these houses as when someone did appear next door at our rental place for a few days, we could here every word they said and more. are all houses in spain like this !

sorry to have been so long winded in my first post. but i do not want to fall into the same trap as those in Orihuela
the costa luz area looks so inviting.

thankyou.
simon.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=PaulandDawnH]

Oh, nothing at all. It is just that, in my previous life, I acted as financial adviser to a number of local insurance agents. I saw their income decimated by direct insurers which meant that a few got out of the game completely and those remaining found the game a bit harder to play. A shame; because relying on a local to arrange the cover for you and deal with any claims for you was much more efficient than tryiong to do it yourself.

Paul and Dawn

couldn't agree more!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
Am I wrong in assuming that when you purchase a new property it’s the developer that should be arranging that the house is clean before you take it over ?, especially concrete stains on the patio. I have brought a number of new houses in the UK and they have always been clean befor signing the final contract and moving in. I realise it’s not UK but should it not be clean and ready to move into. Just a thought.
Hi Dave

I reckon you hit the nail on the head with the fact things are different than the UK. It probably should be cleaned before handover but when in Rome...

Personally I reckon best thing to do is to pay someone to do it rather than rely on the builder. Sure we could all moan and groan but at the end of the day does it get your house cleaned to your standards?

Still, being a 'council estate' we shouldn't worry too much anyway!!

Cheers,

Matt
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dave

I reckon you hit the nail on the head with the fact things are different than the UK. It probably should be cleaned before handover but when in Rome...

Personally I reckon best thing to do is to pay someone to do it rather than rely on the builder. Sure we could all moan and groan but at the end of the day does it get your house cleaned to your standards?

Still, being a 'council estate' we shouldn't worry too much anyway!!

Cheers,

Matt
Well, coming from the Blackpool end I can tell you it doesn't matter much, because there is so much settling dust that you will be cleaning like a demented housewife for at least the first few visits anyway, lol.

Tricia
Old Feb 26th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tricia
Well, coming from the Blackpool end I can tell you it doesn't matter much, because there is so much settling dust that you will be cleaning like a demented housewife for at least the first few visits anyway, lol.

Tricia
got any donkeys on the beach yet? lol
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

got any donkeys on the beach yet? lol
Not quite sure what you mean by that Matt, ooh ahh missus

Tricia
Old Feb 26th 2006, 6:38 am
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone have a house in manzana 6 rava 4 that they want to rent out in the summer we have bought in manzana 6 but want some family to join us in the summer

paula
Old Feb 26th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

I consider them Tonto Criminales.

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by GerryW
Hmmm with 2 18 hole golf courses. ROFL. The estate agent at best is Daft, and at worst is completely Loco...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.