Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

dany is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Dany

Thanks for the tip. Just have to make sure it doesn't get mistaken for the glass of water by the bed in the middle of the night, eeewwwww :scared:

Tricia
may be the story about the vinegar Doesn´t sound the best,but I sleep for many years already with glass of it close to the bed. Smell ddisappearsafter few minutes and mmosquito too. I just change vvinegarfew times a month and that´s it.Cheap, ecological and easy.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

dany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobD
I know this topic has been raised before, but does anyone have any recent info (ie models, price and installation costs) for Air Conditioning Units for the Apartments ? We will be at our Apartment (Bloque 8) during the first week of April, and I would like to arrange delivery and fitting for that week, before we come out. I want to be there as it is fiited, so I can be sure the fitter puts the unit in the right place

When we completed in February, I noticed that some A/C units were attached to the walls outside of the footprint of the terrace, which seems like a really good idea, as it doesn't impinge on the floorspace of the Terrace. We had originally be told that the units would need to be freestanding on the terrace, and I hope this is wrong.

Regards to All
hallo Bob...we asked for air conditioning in the begin of winter but together with other services so we had it as a price packet.I don´t remember the name of the company, but I have it written somewhere.We found them over their commercial his name is Peter but surname I don´t remember anymore.But I still have his phone number in my mobile.It´s 0034(Spain) 645 034 460. I hope will be helpful.Have a nice day

dany
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi dany & Tricia,

This vinegar things sounds to good to be true. What type of vinegar do you use wine or malt and how much to put in the glass?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by dany
may be the story about the vinegar Doesn´t sound the best,but I sleep for many years already with glass of it close to the bed. Smell ddisappearsafter few minutes and mmosquito too. I just change vvinegarfew times a month and that´s it.Cheap, ecological and easy.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Olivia

I notice you haven't been out in September John which is when, in my opinion, the buggars are at their worst. Last year it started beginning August (told from people staying in Ayamonte) and was still bad whenl we left on 6th October after a weeks stay.

Year before last year they were very bad most of September also. Worst time of day I would say is definitely at dusk but they're pretty bad in the evening too, it's just that by then I have normally ran in from the pool, showered, stuck the aircon on and sprayed head to toe before venturing out again, lol. :scared:

Tricia
I understand only females bite, they need a blood feed to lay eggs! It is their Sylvia that causes the reaction. males feed on plant material. I have also been told that they dislike lemon/lavender/Jasmin. We play golf and I think most of my bites are during the day on the 'Golf Course' I do spray myself but they are able to tolerate that.In the apartment we use the plug in things and are careful about keeping doors/windows shut at night. Most of our neighbours are Spanish people and they don't have mozzie screens. When I was bitten badly last July I ended up at the Chemist and was sold a Gel, a large box of the little round plasters, and told to keep the bites covered. I still cant find an answer to..... Why Me?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
I understand only females bite, they need a blood feed to lay eggs! It is their Sylvia that causes the reaction. males feed on plant material. I have also been told that they dislike lemon/lavender/Jasmin. We play golf and I think most of my bites are during the day on the 'Golf Course' I do spray myself but they are able to tolerate that.In the apartment we use the plug in things and are careful about keeping doors/windows shut at night. Most of our neighbours are Spanish people and they don't have mozzie screens. When I was bitten badly last July I ended up at the Chemist and was sold a Gel, a large box of the little round plasters, and told to keep the bites covered. I still cant find an answer to..... Why Me?
So if her names not Sylvia you will be alright then
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
So if her names not Sylvia you will be alright then
Sorry saliva
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by olivia
Sorry saliva
You don't need to apologise, just keep up the useful information.
Thanks
Andy
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think wherever there is water, the breeding grounds, you will get mozzies. The larvae are about now

This may help http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/mosquitoes.htm

Last edited by jdr; Mar 9th 2006 at 7:43 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi

As the appartments are all pre-ducted and installation of the unit is out of site above the bathroom ceiling I think one unseen unit would be much better than a number of units hanging off the outside of the buildings. .

Regards

JohnandCarol
Hi

You're right they are pre-ducted, which means that you dont need the individual internal wall unit in each room you want to heat/cool - but you will need 1 external unit.

The systems offered in carefour are not compatible with the ducted system.

Cheers
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

with regard to the mozzies issue - I have bought a device that promises to keep the buggers away from my baby's pram/cot...... or wherever I choose to put it. (allegedly)http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/cgibin/priamlnk.cgi?CNO=1&MP=ITM^GIN200&CAT=KTH61&SPCAT=I T&CODE=ST01920&TYPE=P&SHOP=TYP

The plus point for me is that I can hopefully keep the environment as chemical free as possible. I'll let you know how it performs whilst we're away this weekend.

I'll also be trying the vinegar, and SSS from Avon. (Thanks for the tips)

Regards,

Karen

Last edited by billybassett; Mar 10th 2006 at 8:31 am.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by billybassett
with regard to the mozzies issue - I have bought a device that promises to keep the buggers away from my baby's pram/cot...... or wherever I choose to put it. (allegedly)

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/cgibin/priamlnk.cgi?CNO=1&MP=ITM^GIN200&CAT=KTH61&SPCAT=I T&CODE=ST01920&TYPE=P&SHOP=TYP

The plus point for me is that I can hopefully keep the environment as chemical free as possible. I'll let you know how it performs whilst we're away this weekend.

Regards,

Karen

Hi

Regarding the mossies we are going to try the PestXit Duo which sends an ultrasonic signal though all the appartment electrical wiring and is supposed to send wave vibrations (undetectable by humans) through the wall directly to where the pests and larvae nest. They cost about £50 and cover a build area of up to 5000 sq. ft. so one should be enough. You can find the suppliers by searching pestxit on google.

Vinegar is also worth trying particularly on the terrace areas.

However bad they may be they can not be as bad as the west coast of Scotland!

Cheers

JohnandCarol

PS we are staying in the Atlantico from 20 -25 March if anybody wants to meet for a beer. Just send me a private email.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:45 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

Town house - first phase

Just received an email from the Halifax. Our mortgage application is with them and they tell me the valuers 4th appointment has now been cancelled by Fadesa! The valuer has been told to contact them 01/04. Our application has now run out and we need to apply again....OH ****

We are out there 6 -10 April and have appt to snag 07/04 and I was concerned Fadesa may cancel this as well.

I called The Shed and spoke to Jose. He was very helpful and direct, which I prefer, but I wasn't too keen on what he had to say.

Our appt to snag will be honoured which is good. They will not let any valuer in until the house are completly finished and cleaned.

"Will they be completed in April as I have been advised by Fadesa, our agent and our solicitor " ? He said he would not confirm this as they will not do anything until the aptmts are completed. "When will this be" ? Unable to say.
"Can you tell me will it be, say the end of May at least" ? He was adament that he would not give a date that he cannot stand by and would be concerned that plans may be made on his say so.

I agree that unless he knows for positive he should not give a date so as far as that goes I agree with his stand but it is disappointing.

I was advised to wait for the phone call and he has no idea when that would be.

Sorry it is not better news but things are moving on as the apartment people are completing.

Does anybody have a idea how many apartment there are, and how many are left to complete...probably impossible to answer.

What about the duplex's, where do they come in the completion, with the apartments do you think.

Mel
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:22 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by billybassett
with regard to the mozzies issue - I have bought a device that promises to keep the buggers away from my baby's pram/cot...... or wherever I choose to put it. (allegedly)http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/cgibin/priamlnk.cgi?CNO=1&MP=ITM^GIN200&CAT=KTH61&SPCAT=I T&CODE=ST01920&TYPE=P&SHOP=TYP

Regards,

Karen
Karen

Is this the Ladybird on a clip? I have one of those and "touch wood" Jack has not been bitten yet (and I only got an odd one as I'm usually the one closest to the pushchair!!!)

When you take it away with you, make sure you take a small screwdriver to change the battery incase you accidently leave it on (as I did) and then can't open it ... a kind man behind a bar ended up undoing it for me with a penknife!

Sharon

PS SSS is on offer 3 for £6 at the moment! I've already put my order in
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

If Halifax charge another application fee ask your solicitor to demand Fadesa pay for it.

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello all

Town house - first phase

Just received an email from the Halifax. Our mortgage application is with them and they tell me the valuers 4th appointment has now been cancelled by Fadesa! The valuer has been told to contact them 01/04. Our application has now run out and we need to apply again....OH ****

We are out there 6 -10 April and have appt to snag 07/04 and I was concerned Fadesa may cancel this as well.

I called The Shed and spoke to Jose. He was very helpful and direct, which I prefer, but I wasn't too keen on what he had to say.

Our appt to snag will be honoured which is good. They will not let any valuer in until the house are completly finished and cleaned.

"Will they be completed in April as I have been advised by Fadesa, our agent and our solicitor " ? He said he would not confirm this as they will not do anything until the aptmts are completed. "When will this be" ? Unable to say.
"Can you tell me will it be, say the end of May at least" ? He was adament that he would not give a date that he cannot stand by and would be concerned that plans may be made on his say so.

I agree that unless he knows for positive he should not give a date so as far as that goes I agree with his stand but it is disappointing.

I was advised to wait for the phone call and he has no idea when that would be.

Sorry it is not better news but things are moving on as the apartment people are completing.

Does anybody have a idea how many apartment there are, and how many are left to complete...probably impossible to answer.

What about the duplex's, where do they come in the completion, with the apartments do you think.

Mel
Old Mar 10th 2006, 1:38 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

I apologise in advance if I am not supposed to do this ..............a friend has 2 return flight tickets for Faro:-

Coventry - Faro return
Out 16.40 Land faro 19.40 08/05/06
Return 09.35 Land UK 12.30 19/05/06

He paid £104 for both tickets plus £86.80 Taxes

The price is the same today see www.thomsonfly.com

Whoever buys these would need to pay A) any difference in the price at the time of altering the names ( repeat no increase at all today) so nothing extra to pay there.
B) There is a fee for changing the names and last time I checked is was £15 each leg - so for 2 return tickets = £60.00

He is asking for £100.

Again VERY sorry if I am not allowed to do this on the site ( grovel grovel) but it may be helpful to someone is plans to go out in May and wants to save some money.

Please pm me if interested

Regards

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.