Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi paula.davitt,

"Manzana" is the Spanish word for apple or block and of course there are blocks on each development area, so to be correct you should precede the manzana no with an area code such as RVA 4 for townhouses.

Regards,

JOHN.
Originally Posted by paula.davitt
Hi there we are manzana 6 and I was surprised to hear that you were going to complete because we are town house in manzana 6 and I thought we were due to complete in May ish where are the apartments in manzana 6 - congrats by the way if you are off to snag

regards

paula
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola dany,
Yes, I've seen these for sale at Ikea, too. I'm sure they can be bought in most hardware shops, and Jumbo (red elephant!), but I wonder what's the difference between deluxe and not-so-deluxe (maybe larger holes in the net? ) Seriously, they do work, and can give a room that special "Wow factor"! Don't trip over it when/if you wake up during the night, though.
Almost forgot to ask, are there any other creepy crawlies to look out for? What about geckos (harmless lizards that tend to hang above your bed - they eat the mosquitoes, I'm told)?
Carol
Hi All
Apparently the small hairy caterpillars can cause a very bad reaction if touched, so do not pick then up! I was told this by a spanish friend who saw one on our terrace and warned Daniel not to go near it, after he pointed it out we did see several more. Not sure what they are called so cant give anymore info, maybe someone else knows more?
Val
Old Mar 12th 2006, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Den H is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in case you did not notice it should have been mid February

Dennis and Gill
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Den,

Post the lot, we don't seem to have had any recently especially sunny ones.

Regards,

John
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00412.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00413.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00414.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00415.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00420.jpg  

Old Mar 12th 2006, 2:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val D
Hi All
Apparently the small hairy caterpillars can cause a very bad reaction if touched, so do not pick then up! I was told this by a spanish friend who saw one on our terrace and warned Daniel not to go near it, after he pointed it out we did see several more. Not sure what they are called so cant give anymore info, maybe someone else knows more?
Val
As every Spanish child knows, don't even think about handling the hairy caterpillars of the pine processionary moth ( procesionarias in Spanish). If they are touched, their hairs release an extremely nasty allergic skin reaction. Children have been known to go temporarily blind from rubbing their eyes after picking them up. They live in easily identifiable silvery nests in pine trees throughout Mediterranean Spain and get their name from their habit of forming head-to-tail trails as they move across land.

Keep animals away from them as well.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Forgot to say all the pictures in the last posting were Manzana 1.

Three more of Manzana 1 and 2 of Manzana 4. Does anyone know if you can send attachments via PM?

Dennis and Gill.

Hi Den,

Regards,

John
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00408.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00422.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00421.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00424.jpg  
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Well I have to say I am new to this but I do not know where the 5th photo went (I think the file was too big).

5 photos of M2

Dennis and Gill
Hi Den,

Regards,

John
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00385.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00386.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00388.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00353.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc00356.jpg  

Old Mar 12th 2006, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thank you for the sunny photos Dennis & Gill! I liked the first one especially(view 17) with the background scenery of the bridge, Rago apartments, and, dare I say it, the elusive Pueblo Andaluz (RMA)? The townhouses and roads look very good, to my inexperienced eye; funny, how I am now use to the tri-colour scheme. It blends nicely with the red earth. Does anyone else feel differently?
Can anyone guess if the new Grupo Tassa (Esuri Golf) residences towards the NW of CE, plus CE itself (once they are both completed and occupied (full or part-time) will equal the size of Ayamonte town itself? This is a 10 year plan I am wondering about, but am not worried.
As for BK, or KeFCee, or MickyD's, I am not worried. So there may be a new slant on the flaming pinchito!!
Re: creepy crawlies. Thanks for the hairy caterpillar advice, Val & jdr! As there are pine forests in this region (Huelva), I'll keep an open eye (don't think I'd really want to touch one!) Now, my pet hate - cucarachas! Just how big do these critters grow, and does the Huelva variety fly?
Hasta pronto,
Carol
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Carol&John,

The projected population of the whole of CE is 18000 people and the population living in the town of Ayamonte is 18000 so they will be about the same. Of course the Ayuntamiento of Ayamonte is much larger as it includes IC and areas to the north of CE in the municipal area.

Regards,

John.

Can anyone guess if the new Grupo Tassa (Esuri Golf) residences towards the NW of CE, plus CE itself (once they are both completed and occupied (full or part-time) will equal the size of Ayamonte town itself? This is a 10 year plan I am wondering about, but am not worried.
As for BK, or KeFCee, or MickyD's, I am not worried. So there may be a new slant on the flaming pinchito!!
Carol[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:04 am
Just Joined

dany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Val D
Hi All
Val

hi

they are really not nice..few years ago we went to have a walk with a friend of mine and because the dog always bites something, tried to eat those small animals (normally the live on pine trees and if they start to attack the tree n they can kill it) , we had to run to veterinary, because neck and mouth of the dog got three times bigger and the doctor said it could kill the dog. so I think they are not the best to touch

dany
Old Mar 12th 2006, 7:36 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=chrismortley]
Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi John
One thing to remember
Your SDS will be great for the walls?
Is it mains or battery?
When I went to install my lights,curtain rail,headboards etc,
I was led to believe the electricity would be connected in 3 days max.
It took nearly 3 weeks
More by luck than judgement I took a 24volt hammer drill & we were staying in the Atlantico
CM
Hi CM

My drill has a pneumatic hammer action and a 'normal' setting, so it can be used for all drilling, it is a compact affair to, that I bought in a Supermarket of all places (cora in Brusels one of the best buys Ive made actually for ease of use). The pneumatic setting is amazing compared to a 'normal' drill for drilling into concrete.... if you have a decent professional bit, which is also worth the investment.

Good point about the electricity as it is a mains drill. I will have to wait till the electricty is connected before I use it. But I dont think I will complete if I dont have electricity.

I also have a rechargeable - but still need electricity to charge it - but this would never manage drilling up into concrete, I use it for making holes in wood, drilling into plasterboard (or plaster bricks that they use in Brussels) and for putting in screws.

Good luck with the DIY..

Jon
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:06 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Reference getting a mortgage valuation, my bank of choice are unable to even obtain a reply from Fadesa re the necessary arrangements. Does anyone have contact details for the person at Fadesa who will at least reply, no matter how negatively.

Considering the fact that if I had gone with Caja Madrid, as arranged by Fadesa, all would have been facilitated, its a bit sinister. I might even develop a conspiracy theory. :scared:

All the best,

Jules
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:28 am
mjp
Just Joined

mjp is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Angie & Jules
Reference getting a mortgage valuation, my bank of choice are unable to even obtain a reply from Fadesa re the necessary arrangements. Does anyone have contact details for the person at Fadesa who will at least reply, no matter how negatively.

Considering the fact that if I had gone with Caja Madrid, as arranged by Fadesa, all would have been facilitated, its a bit sinister. I might even develop a conspiracy theory. :scared:

All the best,

Jules
Hi We had a problem initially trying to get the valuation booked in to be done and I obtained the following contact for the bank to contact to arrange the valuation. It was Belen Sanmartin at Fadesa on << Admin Edit - Tel Number removed>> , we did get the valuation done and have completed (just saying to give you hope!). Hope that helps. Jo

<< Admin Note - We get many complaints from people about their telephone numbers being posted on this site without their permission. In the interest of privacy please do not post peoples telephone numbers on a public forum unless you have the owner of said number's permission - Details like that can be shared via pm.>>

Last edited by Sue; Mar 13th 2006 at 1:59 am. Reason: Phone number removed
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to butt in on your thread folks but a lot of you post pictures on here and I would dearly love to know how for the gardening thread that's going.

Many thanks. Oh, and could you do it step-by-step as if I know nothing - cos I don't!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arco-Iris
Sorry to butt in on your thread folks but a lot of you post pictures on here and I would dearly love to know how for the gardening thread that's going.

Many thanks. Oh, and could you do it step-by-step as if I know nothing - cos I don't!
Go into new reply, scroll down to addition options, manage attachments, click box, in next window click choose, choose photos, click upload,
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Arco-Iris

First get your photo/image in jpg format, as this is the best of the compressed formats to attach for hi-colour photos.

Ideally, your file should be no larger than around 150 to 250 Kilobytes in size, to avoid slow loading for those with slower connections.

If you can't get a jpg format file, or the file is too big, you will have to convert, or reduce, it using one of the many utilities that can be downloaded on the net. However, most digital cameras (assuming you're not scanning in paper photos) come with software that is capable of doing the necessary preparation. If you need some pointers here, post again, with more details of what you're using/have.

Assuming that you have a suitable jpg format file somewhere on your machine, create a post, type your message and then hit the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" part of the "Create Post/Reply" message section.

Next hit one of the "Browse" buttons that comes up on the pop-up window that was invoked with "Manage Attachments" and navigate to your file on your machine's local disks. Select the file and then hit the "Upload" button on the same window. Wait for the files to upload (copy) from your machine to this forum's server and then finalise and submit your post.

That's pretty much it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.