Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 10th 2006, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Karen

Is this the Ladybird on a clip? I have one of those and "touch wood" Jack has not been bitten yet (and I only got an odd one as I'm usually the one closest to the pushchair!!!)

When you take it away with you, make sure you take a small screwdriver to change the battery incase you accidently leave it on (as I did) and then can't open it ... a kind man behind a bar ended up undoing it for me with a penknife!

Sharon

PS SSS is on offer 3 for £6 at the moment! I've already put my order in
Hi Sharon,

it is indeed the ladybird on a clip - glad to hear it has worked for your little one, and thanks for the tip re the screwdriver. I'd never have thought of that. Must remember to pack it in my hold luggage though. I was stopped for having a fork in my handbag last time I flew!!!

Karen
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:42 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dany
may be the story about the vinegar Doesn´t sound the best,but I sleep for many years already with glass of it close to the bed. Smell ddisappearsafter few minutes and mmosquito too. I just change vvinegarfew times a month and that´s it.Cheap, ecological and easy.
I reckon salt & vinegar crisps are the answer - maybe with a chilled beer to hand (which clearly needs to have its top on, or the mozzies will drink it).

Jules
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:50 am
Just Joined

dany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi dany & Tricia,

This vinegar things sounds to good to be true. What type of vinegar do you use wine or malt and how much to put in the glass?

Regards,

John.

hallo

you won`t normally get different one than from wine but I think it doesn`t even mater which one it is. You just put it in a glass a third or whatever but anyway there are few weeks a year when I use a mosquito net around my bed...you know those ones you hang up to your bed. It`s practical but also nice decoration. I have one from Jumbo shopping in Faro and I paid like 22 euros.But you can find also really deluxe one from Indonesia but than you pay more.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:53 am
Rock on

Angie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant futureAngie & Jules has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=olivia]I understand only females bite, they need a blood feed to lay eggs!

That is scary is so many ways! Anyway, the best way to sex a mosquito is to turn it on its back, stroke its stomach, and look at its expression - the male looks slightly bemused, whilst the female tries to look angry without really succeeding. Plus the male doesn't purr. So any purring, straight out the door.

Good luck, Jules
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Angie & Jules]
Originally Posted by olivia
I understand only females bite, they need a blood feed to lay eggs!

That is scary is so many ways! Anyway, the best way to sex a mosquito is to turn it on its back, stroke its stomach, and look at its expression - the male looks slightly bemused, whilst the female tries to look angry without really succeeding. Plus the male doesn't purr. So any purring, straight out the door.

Good luck, Jules
I have found the only 100 percent effective way to get rid of mozzies is the rolled up newspaper.
Yes I know its labour intensive, but oh the satisfaction when you offfload on one of the little buggers..
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I still cant find an answer to..... Why Me?[/QUOTE]
Hola!
Nice to hear the news of people completing on their property purchases. Hopefully, as weeks go by, the rest of us will have some good news too. Tick-tock...
Re: mosquitoes and why they bite...
I have heard that if you drink a glass of diluted vinegar (apple or wine, malt not so nice), it helps to thin/clean the blood. And, mosquitoes prefer sweet blood! Also, something to do with the addition of garlic in to your diet? Has anyone heard of this (could be an old wives' tale)? Not recommended for babies, the infirm, or those with gastric problems, I hasten to add. And, please check with your doctor before trying anything strange/new on yourself. :scared:
Also, neat (undiluted) vinegar in a bowl is a good room freshener - especially after painting!
Regards,
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dany
It`s practical but also nice decoration. I have one from Jumbo shopping in Faro and I paid like 22 euros.But you can find also really deluxe one from Indonesia but than you pay more.
Hola dany,
Yes, I've seen these for sale at Ikea, too. I'm sure they can be bought in most hardware shops, and Jumbo (red elephant!), but I wonder what's the difference between deluxe and not-so-deluxe (maybe larger holes in the net? ) Seriously, they do work, and can give a room that special "Wow factor"! Don't trip over it when/if you wake up during the night, though.
Almost forgot to ask, are there any other creepy crawlies to look out for? What about geckos (harmless lizards that tend to hang above your bed - they eat the mosquitoes, I'm told)?
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Mel & John,

When we purchased in 2003 we were told that Fadesa were building 6000 properties and servicing 900 plots. I now assume this does not include the Grupo Tassa development up in the NW alongside the river but I think it did include the Pracsa homes sites since they have always been shown on the plans given out by Fadesa I do not recall there being a breakdown of Apartments, Duplex's and townhouses.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello all

Does anybody have a idea how many apartment there are, and how many are left to complete...probably impossible to answer.

What about the duplex's, where do they come in the completion, with the apartments do you think.

Mel
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Carol & John,

Yes seen those already sunning themselves on the rocks on my plot. Eldest son has always liked geckos so perhaps we will have to get him to set up a breeding programme to combat the mozzie problem.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola dany,
What about geckos (harmless lizards that tend to hang above your bed - they eat the mosquitoes, I'm told)?
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:23 am
Just Joined

IVYGIRL is an unknown quantity at this point

Found this mosquito deterrent on the web. Might be useful. I think we will have the 'bed nets' from IKEA as well.
http://www.pestxit.com/mozzie.html
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:25 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

Re: Mozzies
The Brits always drank Gin & Tonic in India to keep them away, apparently the quinine in the tonic does the trick. If you drink enough, even if it doesn't work, at least you won't feel it!

We are staying at the Atlantico 20th to 25th March and likewise would be nice to meet up with anybody around.

Jag
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jean&john
Hi David & Steph

It's great to hear some good news for a change. We completed yesterday as arranged and have booked flights out on the 28th March.

We will be out there between 28th March and 4th April so if anyone would like to meet up and have a drink please get in touch.

Jean & John
Congratulations Jean and John you must be deligted!!! Nice to hear things are going well, let us know how you get on when you go over later this month. Also in a previous PM you offered an introduction to you solicitor I would really appreciate her details please if you don't mind, if you can recommend her. We have booked our flights for Easter and are just keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to snag then, if not we can still have a nice break.

Regards

Andrea and Col
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:45 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Loco

Good point re. the application fee - thanks !

Mel
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
Re: Mozzies
The Brits always drank Gin & Tonic in India to keep them away, apparently the quinine in the tonic does the trick. If you drink enough, even if it doesn't work, at least you won't feel it!
Jag
Hi Jag,
Maybe the quinine helped combat the effects of the malaria (a bit like "shutting the door after the horse has bolted")? Whichever, a G&T for me anytime rather than a cider vinegar!
I'm feeling a wee bit jealous of all you lot going over soon! Mas fotos, por favor!
Carol
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:28 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all from sunny Ayamonte,

We went to the shed last night about 7ish. Our intent was to let some steam off at the guys in the shed. That didnt happen, in the end we had a straight (as straight as you can get with that lot) chat with Jose for about 50 minutes. This is what we were told.

Completion for manzana 4 is now end of April (surprise, surprise). They want to finish completions on the apartments before they start on townhouses. They have about 55 left to complete, then they will start on manzanas 1,2 and 3.
Work started on the hotel last week. They reckon it will take two years to build.
All the units are let in the shopping complex. The down side is one of them is wait for it, BURGER KING!!! I can here you all groaning now. Lets hope it on the inside, the last thing I want is to see a big red BK sign as I drive to my house. Jose said they are starting on the shopping complex within the next couple of weeks.
The marina is now 80% going ahead. Its going where the fish farm is.
All in all, its looking good up there. They just need a rocket up their backsides!!! He blames the bridge for the set backs.

Regards Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.