Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=Carol&John]Hi BobD and Chris,
(oops, I nearly typed in TIA - thinking that was your name!! ) Thanks for your posts.
Re: Sky.
Funnily enough, I've recently read information about it from Toast forum "General Chat" at www.eyeonislacanela.com In particular, the threads "Los Cisnes - emergency meeting..." (to do with satellite dishes), and "Sky news - update" (I think this is the title). Loco also has posted good technical information (like yourself Chris) on that forum about Sky, etc. Thank you, but I don't understand the half of it!! I'll pass this info on to John...
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol
Loco information is very good & he is the man on the street.
I think I have a reasonable idea about answering these sort of questions but he is the man
But I am always pleased to try & help
CM
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Peter Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
On that note
I have a technical question , does anyone know the measurements of the
shower tray in the town houses as I want to order some shower screens.
Answers in centimetres please as I dont want to upset anyone
Muchas gracias
Tony
Hi, When we were out in December we had Conforta do an after build clean for us and had a look at their other sevices. They supply and fit the shower and bath screens as shown in the show flats but I can't remember how much they quoted. I think it was quite reasonable though. Their phone no. is 0034 902 365 800 if you want to compare. If you do perhaps you could let us all know how competetive their qote is.
Brenda
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Peter Rogers,

Do you have the web address? Or is it just www.doncampo.com?

Hi, the web address is doncampo.co.uk it cost us 160 euros to transport our stuff from Ikea to CE. Don't know how this compares with hiring a transit but two pairs of extra hands did help, had it all unloaded in 10 minutes
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Hi, When we were out in December we had Conforta do an after build clean for us and had a look at their other sevices. They supply and fit the shower and bath screens as shown in the show flats but I can't remember how much they quoted. I think it was quite reasonable though. Their phone no. is 0034 902 365 800 if you want to compare. If you do perhaps you could let us all know how competetive their qote is.
Brenda
How good was the 80 Euro clean?

Matt
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

David and Margaret is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gabrielle.B
Hi everyone

There was an interesting and positive article on Costa Esuri in the Mail on Sunday Property Supplement yesterday, did anyone else read it?

Gabrielle
Further to this article, there has been another positive article/advert in 'Bricks and Mortar' Times supplement Friday 3rd. March. Of interest?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobD
Can anyone supply information about the TV options available in the Apartments ? Are the Aerial sockets in the rooms connected to a communal aerial? How many free channels are there in Spain (and are any English speaking) ? Can you buy a Freeview box for a one off payment, or is it necessary to subscribe to Sky ? Any information on pricing etc. ?

TIA
Hi

Good question - but before rushing out and buying freeboxs etc -

I think, (dont shoot me if I'm wrong) its a communal aerial - if there is a communal dish, its unlikely to be able to pick up SKY.
My understanding is that the community rules/regs stop individuals erecting satellite dishes to the exterior so if a dish capable of picking up SKY is required (1.2m diameter ), then all the owners would need to agree on this, pay for it and find a position for it.

Cheers
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi

I think, (dont shoot me if I'm wrong) its a communal aerial - if there is a communal dish, its unlikely to be able to pick up SKY.
My understanding is that the community rules/regs stop individuals erecting satellite dishes to the exterior so if a dish capable of picking up SKY is required (1.2m diameter ), then all the owners would need to agree on this, pay for it and find a position for it.

Cheers
You will also need permission when installing your chip shop , newsagent and Red Lion Pub !!!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mourinho
You will also need permission when installing your chip shop , newsagent and Red Lion Pub !!!
You've lost me ????

But I bow to your superior knowledge of such matters - wish you all the best in setting up your preferred business by the sea

- hopefully near Bognor
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

No
Best
Loco

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
LOCO,
Having read alot of your comments, you appear very well informed, do you work for Fadesa?Sorry-used to work for them.
Ned
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi

Cheers
Yes I think you will be right. the wires will probably be in but the dish will have to be arranged by the owners. We found a very helpful guy from Portugal. He has done loads at The Marina And The Golf. His name is Hugh and can be contacted at...... [email protected]
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by olivia
Yes I think you will be right. the wires will probably be in but the dish will have to be arranged by the owners. We found a very helpful guy from Portugal. He has done loads at The Marina And The Golf. His name is Hugh and can be contacted at...... [email protected]
You couldn't ask him if he has a friend in Altea, could you? As if. Altea is the British terrestial tv wasteland of Spain, sadly!

EDITED because I missed the word tv in the original post ... doh!

Last edited by un-mundo; Mar 4th 2006 at 9:57 am.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Hi, the web address is doncampo.co.uk it cost us 160 euros to transport our stuff from Ikea to CE. Don't know how this compares with hiring a transit but two pairs of extra hands did help, had it all unloaded in 10 minutes
Hi Peter,

It cost us €175 for 2 settees, and four beds, for delivery from Ikea's own company. The price depends on distance and purchase prices. They publish the charge scale at:

http://www.ikea.com/ms/es_ES/img/sto...te_sevilla.pdf

However, I think they only deliver to the Ayamont area on Wednesday and Saturdays, so the advantage of your approach is that you get delivery when you want.

Regards
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by matt begley
How good was the 80 Euro clean?

Matt
Very good, no complaints. We spoke to Conforta in the shed and the clean was completed the following day.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Spanish Tax man homes in on Brits
In Todays Sunday Telegraph
On the back page of the Money & Jobs section there is a big article about Spanish Taxes that is well worth reading
CM
Old Mar 4th 2006, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Pete
Do your self a favour
Spanish plaster board is not as good as in the UK,take the metal type plasterboard fixings,the hardware shop in Lepe sells them but I bought mine here.
I found that the board they use does not take a rawplug very well & being as there are no wooden joists there is nothing else to screw into.
The light fittings out there have push type connections rather than connector blocks,the wiring there is multi stranded not single core like the UK so it is slightly more fiddly
I hope this makes sence let me if you need a discription of the plaster board fixing
Regards
CM

Thanks Chris, in the light of your info on inferior plasterboard, think I'll use the "fly-out" metal toggle fixings for the light fittings. What about ceiling fans, do you think the plasterboard will take the load?

Regards
Pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.