Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old May 15th 2006, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by CSR
The new road which runs below the parador is flat. Believe me I haven't been on a bike for 20 years and managed to cycle to Punta del moral marina.
CSR
Wow thats quite a distance - did you take over your own bikes or is there someone renting them out?

Has anyone used any other air conditioning company bar Comfortia?
Old May 15th 2006, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Angela & Barrie is an unknown quantity at this point

News just in from mum and dad (angela and barrie) who are in CE at the moment.They are due to complete on a manzana 2 townhouse on the 24th of may. the snagging has been done to a high standard, the skies are blue and the sun is shining.Lets hope it will soon be time for those drinks on the terrace
Old May 15th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angela & Barrie
News just in from mum and dad (angela and barrie) who are in CE at the moment.They are due to complete on a manzana 2 townhouse on the 24th of may. the snagging has been done to a high standard, the skies are blue and the sun is shining.Lets hope it will soon be time for those drinks on the terrace
Hello Angela & Barrie,
What does "snagging" means?.
thanks
marisol
Old May 15th 2006, 7:47 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Angela & Barrie,
thanks
marisol
Marisol

If you look on the home page of British Expats there's an article all about it.

Happy reading!

Sharon
Old May 15th 2006, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi AndyS and Olivia,

If your around at 2.00am in the mornings some nights there is a BBC Learning zone set of programmes on Spanish that use the Sevilla Feria and the Donnana national park as background to their stories and they are terrific. Of course the bloke gets an invite to the best marquee in town and is taught to dance by the hosts wife and the girl is conducted round Donnana by the chief sherry baron from Jerez who happens to be Spain's No 1 environmentalist.

Well Sevilla in July, when we were deciding to buy at CE we monitored the weather almost every day for months and at that time we used BBC weather and they gave us Sevilla temps. July seemed almost as hot as August in the high 30's every day for both months. It is still the only City where I have seen shades strung over the narrow streets 4 stories up to keep the sun out! Look at this web page for the annual stats for Sevilla but remember that the temps are taken in the shade in a well ventilated place. Check out this web page:-

http://UK.weather.com/weather/climatology/SPXX0074

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Olivia,

The Fernia sounds fantastic. On a different note, do you, or anyone else, know what the temperature is like in Seville, early July? We are thinking of spending a few days there while on a recce of CE. I recall previous comments about uncomfortably high temps (I think in August) but wondered if it was ok for sight-seeing in July?

Regards

Andy
Old May 15th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Angela & Barrie,
thanks
marisol
Hi Marisol

Here is a link I posted previously about snagging

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-maga...rty-spain.aspx

Basically it is a visit before completion where you point out the problems they should fix. For example broken tiles, shutters not working, paint splashes, doors not closing etc. You put this in writing to the developer.

In Spain you have a year after completion also for these kind of things (but you probably know more about that than me) .. and this is an earlier trip to point out defects.

I think you should mention in any letter that this trip does not invalidate your rights to the 1 year guarantee, or any other guarantees - which will probably show up other things once you are actually living there.

Fadesa allow snagging visits, I did mine last month.

Good luck
Jon

PS if you scroll to the bottom of the link above there is a list of other interesting articles.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Angela & Barrie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Angela & Barrie,
thanks
marisol
hi Marisol,
snagging is when you compile a list of anything thats wrong with the house,the builder should then put it right.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola jean&john, Angela & Barrie, Graham G et al who have completed/going out to visit soon,
Congratulations on completing on your new places! Hope you have a good time out in the sun. Please send back information on the gardens: types of plants, etc. (Just because I like plants...) Thank you,
Carol
Old May 16th 2006, 1:34 am
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

If anyone is out in CE at the moment or going soon and pass rava 4 manzana 6 will you post what the place is looking like. is the pool area completed and all the roads been put in place. What about the trees etc etc would be very grateful

regards
Old May 16th 2006, 3:32 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

I have heard that the first townhouse will complete this Friday. Just thought you would like to know

Regards
Michael
Old May 16th 2006, 3:42 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Michaelh
I have heard that the first townhouse will complete this Friday. Just thought you would like to know

Regards
Michael
Michael

Have you (anyone else?) got any idea what the pecking order is for townhouse completion? Is it Manzana by Manzana? Solicitor by Solicitor? Estate Agent by Estate Agent? First come first served? Alphabetical order (hope not - we're a W :scared: )? Eeeny meeny miny mo? Any other thoughts?

Sharon

PS Congratulations to whoever those first townhouse completers are! Are the drinks on you?
Old May 16th 2006, 3:51 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

My understanding is that it is 1,2,3 together
Then 4 followed by 6 and finally 5. It is definitely not estate agent by estate agent.
They are gearing up to sign now, with some gardens being tidied. None of my clients have signed yet and some are eager to do so. Next week will tell us where we stand.
Regards
Michael

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Michael

Have you (anyone else?) got any idea what the pecking order is for townhouse completion? Is it Manzana by Manzana? Solicitor by Solicitor? Estate Agent by Estate Agent? First come first served? Alphabetical order (hope not - we're a W :scared: )? Eeeny meeny miny mo? Any other thoughts?

Sharon

PS Congratulations to whoever those first townhouse completers are! Are the drinks on you?
Old May 16th 2006, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Andy-101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, on the subject of 'snagging', I notice some property management busnesses provide a snagging service. Does anyone know of the cost of this, say for a 2 bed RAGO appartment?

Regards

Andy

Last edited by Andy-101; May 16th 2006 at 5:28 am.
Old May 16th 2006, 5:44 am
Account Closed

rogerbilko is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by paula.davitt
If anyone is out in CE at the moment or going soon and pass rava 4 manzana 6 will you post what the place is looking like. is the pool area completed and all the roads been put in place. What about the trees etc etc would be very grateful

regards
Hi Paula
I have bought on Manzanna 6, No16. I have just got back from a snagging visit of my house and have some good pictures of the site that I can e mail to you. The garden/ communal areas have been nicely landscaped with a few trees planted. No lawn as yet, and I cant see this happening for a while but it is looking quite nice. I was disappointed with the pool but this is only a personal view. I hated the dog kennel like fences they put up but this will disappear ( hopefully!! ) under a mass of creeping plants and colour.
They have no idea of completion dates for Manzanna 4-5-6 so don't book the flights yet.... Like I did, and now have to cancel.
They gave me 10 mins to snag the house and were quite unfriendly with it. I can see a bit of DIY coming as I felt the standard of finish was poor. My advice would be to get a professional in, I know I will be!

After all said, I still love the area and look forward 3-5 years to the time when this site is set to be something a bit special. As for Fadesa.... HMMM.
I will try to post the pictures on site later this week, send me your e mail address.
See you
Old May 16th 2006, 5:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy-101
Hi all, on the subject of 'snagging', I notice some property management busnesses provide a snagging service. Does anyone know of the cost of this, say for a 2 bed RAGO appartment?

Regards

Andy
Should be work carried out by the property builders. It could open a can of worms if it was done by another firm, ie future comebacks and insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.