Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old May 15th 2006, 8:06 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Graham,
Nice photographs, hope the Health and Safety committee noticed the life belts either side of the pool on the first photo!!!
Ned
Great photos Graham... and I do want to say that these pools arent 'poxy' you can sit around them and they seem a nice size. Good for you.

To Karens point, about good feelings, I suspect that there will be a continued and (sorry) increased period of frustration and more completion delays (Ive personally even put back my 'doom and gloom' scenario of a summer completion that I posted ages ago, when people were talking Feb/Mar. I dont expect to close this summer and I wont till all's done as agreed to a reasonable level. Ill hold out as long as prudent to do so - and then pay quickly and complete asap).

However once we get a development that meets the criteria, I think there will be an exponential improvement. Shortly after, people will be living there, plants will come up and golf courses get green. People will plant in the downstairs gardens and it will be more lived in. It will seem to get better much faster, than in this pre-completion malaise we have.

I for one will be more excited about furnishing mine and doing it up. More people will be visiting for fun holidays (and not negative snagging trips), we'll be meeting up for more social stuff, and there will be more people around to do it. The postings will be more about great places to visit/restaurants etc... and good experiences that people have had.

The Hotels/Clubhouse and commercial centre will add options of social stuff to do on-site. Any Marina development and new airport passed (although years away) will just be icing on the cake.

My personal experience with developments/renovations etc is that it gets worst before it gets better..... but it finally gets better very quickly!

Still Mr Positive from Brussels! Amazing what a bit of sun does!!! ... and thats the final point - one day, sometime in the future, we will have much more of that!

A bientot
Jon
Old May 15th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Graham,
Nice photographs, hope the Health and Safety committee noticed the life belts either side of the pool on the first photo!!!
Ned
Hi Ned,
I too did notice the lifesaver rings. Where are the footbaths (pediluvios) outside the toilet rooms?
Re: previous posts on Health & Safety, and the separate issue of disabled access. As this a discussion forum about Costa Esuri, perhaps it has been beneficial to raise this point for discussion? Marisol's comment is valid and considerate concerning people with physical disabilities and today's urban planning. Costa Esuri is an "urbanizacion", not simply an hotel/resort. However, as I am simply a purchaser on a medium size "manzana", on an even larger parcela (Pueblo Andaluz), in a huge development such as is Costa Esuri, I don't stand a hope in **** of having my questions answered in any detail by Fadesa. The License of First Occupation appears to be enough of an answer for me to any questions raised regarding H & S.
Shall we call a halt to further/public discussion on this matter? (PM me if you wish.)
Hasta luego mis esurianos,
Carol
Old May 15th 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone will be at CE between the 22nd May and 1st June. If so perhaps you would like to meet up for a drink or two. This will be the first time we will actually be staying in our hide-away in the sun so if any one would like to join us in some flat warming get togethers please get in touch.

Jean & John
Old May 15th 2006, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi,
I enjoyed reading your positive post and thank you for the great photos, Graham G! It's the first time I've seen the different elevations within the pueblo andaluz. Were these pictures taken facing south or west?
Regards,
Carol

Try these pictures of the main square in Ayamonte to make you feel warm inside and wish to be over there!!!

Notice the small boy roller-skater. He followed the camera around. Thought I was from some big sports journal and wanted to be discovered for the London 2012 olympics!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dscf0356.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dscf0418.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dscf0419.jpg  

Last edited by Graham G; May 15th 2006 at 11:37 am.
Old May 15th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham G
Try these pictures of the main square in Ayamonte to make you feel warm inside and wish to over there!!!

Notice the small boy roller-skater. He followed the camera around. Thought I was from some big sports journal and wanted to be discovered for the London 2012 olympics!!!
Hi Graham,
Love the photos - so clear, & colourful! Cheered me up, thanks!
Little boy? Pink t-shirt?
Carol
Old May 15th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Hi,
On our recent trip to Ayamonte we had a day in Seville. It just happened to be the Ferria [Fair] I can only describe this as spectacular! it takes place the week following Easter week each year and lasts for 1 week. The ladies are dressed in Flamenco dresses and there are thousands of them! also beautifully groomed horses and riders. There are streets made of marquees. Inside they are dancing eating and drinking. Can anyone tell me anything about how people gets to be invited into one of the marquees? are they sponsored by companies for their customers?
Old May 15th 2006, 11:56 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi,
On our recent trip to Ayamonte we had a day in Seville. It just happened to be the Ferria [Fair] I can only describe this as spectacular! it takes place the week following Easter week each year and lasts for 1 week. The ladies are dressed in Flamenco dresses and there are thousands of them! also beautifully groomed horses and riders. There are streets made of marquees. Inside they are dancing eating and drinking. Can anyone tell me anything about how people gets to be invited into one of the marquees? are they sponsored by companies for their customers?

To get invited into one of the casetas you need to have an invitation - lots of the smaller casetas are owned by local families so you would need to know someone who lives there. The larger casetas tend to belong to local companies or organisations. Again, you would probably have to work in the company or be an important customer to get an invitation.

There are a handful of public casetas which get filled by people from seville who aren't rich enough to own a caseta or know anyone who does. so they tend to attract the dregs.

My advice? avoid the overrrated Seville fair and go the the Feria de Jerez which is open to all. It is SIGNIFICANTLY more beautiful than the one at Seville. Unfortunately it finished yesterday!

I'm going to try and attach a photo of the feria at Jerez but might fail miserably!
Old May 15th 2006, 12:03 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
To get invited into one of the casetas you need to have an invitation - lots of the smaller casetas are owned by local families so you would need to know someone who lives there. The larger casetas tend to belong to local companies or organisations. Again, you would probably have to work in the company or be an important customer to get an invitation.

There are a handful of public casetas which get filled by people from seville who aren't rich enough to own a caseta or know anyone who does. so they tend to attract the dregs.

My advice? avoid the overrrated Seville fair and go the the Feria de Jerez which is open to all. It is SIGNIFICANTLY more beautiful than the one at Seville. Unfortunately it finished yesterday!

I'm going to try and attach a photo of the feria at Jerez but might fail miserably!
Couldn't do the photo thing, the file size was too large. Sorry!
Old May 15th 2006, 12:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Couldn't do the photo thing, the file size was too large. Sorry!
Try this free program to resize pics here
Old May 15th 2006, 12:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Graham,
Ned
No need to take the p*ss, you should be thankful of the advice regarding H + S etc.
People who live in Spain are only trying to help you understand things that will be needed, especially around the pools etc.
It would be really sad to move here then find out you cant use the pool cos it doesn`t comply with the regs.
Just been reading your previous posts, perhaps you should change you name to Negative Ned Kelly
Old May 15th 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Graham G
Try these pictures of the main square in Ayamonte to make you feel warm inside and wish to be over there!!!

Ta ..my new desktop background...a welcome relief on a cloudy day...cheers...
Old May 15th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GerryW
Ta ..my new desktop background...a welcome relief on a cloudy day...cheers...

Yes Gerry, it does look good if I say so myself!!
Old May 15th 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=jdr]No need to take the p*ss, you should be thankful of the advice regarding H + S etc.

Not taking the p as you call it.
For several weeks now I have read negative reports on the pool areas.
I have not seen any evidence that would suggest the pools are not going to be up to the required standard. Had I thought this, I would have addressed the issue with Fadesa before I signed on the dotted line 2 years ago.
Whilst I think Fadesa are absolutely appalling with their communication skills, I do believe that they are one of the leading constuction companies in Europe and because of this think that the finished product will be 1st class.
I for one, whether right or wrong, will gladly take the keys to our property, at the earliest opportunity.
Regards
Negative Ned
Old May 15th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi,
Hi Olivia,

The Fernia sounds fantastic. On a different note, do you, or anyone else, know what the temperature is like in Seville, early July? We are thinking of spending a few days there while on a recce of CE. I recall previous comments about uncomfortably high temps (I think in August) but wondered if it was ok for sight-seeing in July?

Regards

Andy
Old May 15th 2006, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Olivia,

The Fernia sounds fantastic. On a different note, do you, or anyone else, know what the temperature is like in Seville, early July? We are thinking of spending a few days there while on a recce of CE. I recall previous comments about uncomfortably high temps (I think in August) but wondered if it was ok for sight-seeing in July?

Regards

Andy

Hi
I think I miss spelt Feria [Fair]. Thanks to the gent who gave the explanation regarding those who provide the hospitality. It is on our 'to do' list to go to Jerez we will have to make it coincide with the Feria there.
I haven't been to Seville in July, however my daughter has, on the bus from Ayamonte. She did say that everyone who got off the bus looked as if they had wet themselves!! and it was very hot in Seville. If your car has A/C you will have a more comfortable journey. I think she was there late July. I would give it a go. It is a truly lovely City.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.