Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old May 5th 2006, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hello again,
Question: Does anyone have a water and an electricity meter yet (Rago?)
Thanks.
Old May 5th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jdr,
Just read your post, thanks, and am finding all this access regulation information very confusing. By "other people" I mean just that; no names, just in passing conversation, sharing thoughts, not a legal opinion as such. So, if all progressive building work has to comply with the latest regulations, need I worry about this?
Goodnight,
Carol
Old May 5th 2006, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hello again,
Thanks.
Not yet, but will find out more when next over, but will not be able to give answer till we get back early June. We believe that electricity will be changed very shortly and we have had to give our bank details for utility companies to claim their costs.

Mike and Carol
Old May 5th 2006, 9:24 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
Been off air a long time have I missed something or are you joking? Are you really Stuck?
Our contract only runs till end of June. The owners of the property want to rent out to holiday makers in July and August. They can get up to 900 euros a week in those two months. We are not on our own. We have some friends renting on the golf who have bought off plan in Ayamonte and their contract runs out 22nd June. So we either need a big tent or two small ones lol.

Sam
Old May 6th 2006, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

just returned from a 2 week holiday in Ayamonte and as promised I am reporting on 'The mozzie bite and me' First day I got a couple on my finger, I think I neglected to get started with the VitaminB and SSS early enough, after that not a single bite. I used the plug in vapour bottles at night [these are the best because you can see how much insecticide is left in the bottle] One SSS spray only lasted me 1 week, have I been using it excessively? anyway success so far I will experiment further in late summer when I understand the mozzie season is at its worst, I must say that I think the VitaminB is good because it is not chemical and I guess [although I am no medic] potentially harmless to health.
Old May 6th 2006, 5:53 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again,
Thanks.

A little concerned about the possiblilty of having no utilities once completion has been finalised. I thought that once the property was actually ours we would arrange to have Gas, Water and Elec from the relevant suppliers, or would ask an agent, Fadesa ( Conforta ?) solicitor...not sure who actually ...to organise it. Can anybody explain this to me. Also is there a problem with the utilities to M1 M2 and M3 that are (possibly, maybe, could be !) to be transferred later this month ?

Have the properties all got meters in for all utilities ?

Anybody know if the issue of Occupation Licences will hold matters up ?

Thanks

Mel
Old May 6th 2006, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi all
We have just got back from a full on 5 days, mostly shopping. The water & electricity was on (supplied by Fadesa) they say we will have to sign a contract with a utility company shortly. We could have signed with the gas company whilst there but didn't want to waste time waiting around for them so decided that could wait. All I can say is that we spoke to a chap who lives in a Rago appt. he also had the temporary supply for a couple of months but has now had to sign and is contracted. There was no mention of any issues, apparently Fadesa will stick a notice on your door advising you when they will cease to supply you with electric & water so you have time to arrange a contract.
Our trip went very well, the place was amazingly dust free (i have heard some can be terrible) a quick trip to carrefour to pick up vacuum,buckets, detergents etc, back for a spring clean & out within 3 hours. Our pad is lovely, (there is some pipe boxing in two of the bedroom that we were'nt expecting this has upset our layout plans slightly, its abit annoying).But generally we have come back feeling very happy with the overall look & feel of the whole package. There is still alot of workmen around, even on M7, which we thought was just about handed over (they could be snagging) M5 has loads of plants ready to go in. Unfortunately didn't have time to have a proper look around. Far to busy shopping! Talking of which, we decided to buy the four single beds from IKEA along with bedding & utensils so we hired Liz & Denny (lovely couple) from Don Campo with their van to meet us when we had finished & transport the goods back. They couldn't have been more accommodating and even carried it all up to the 3rd floor for us. We can highly recommend them.
Regards Kim & Nigel
Regards Kim and Nigel
Old May 6th 2006, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Carol&John,

In a former life I was Director of Technical Services for an English Municipal Authority and had amongst other duties oversight of Planning, Building Control and Highways. With one major exception when new regulations were introduced ongoing works that had been previously approved did not have to comply with the updated regulations. The exception was of course Health and Safety matters. So both Fadesa and jdr are correct. Fadesa must comply with the building regulations at the time when the plans were passed.

They then pass the completed works to the freehold buyer and the communidad. The communidad must then comply with whatever new H&S rules have been introduced since the plans were passed in order to operate communal facilities. Hence the short swimming season and the strictures that the pool must not be used if a lifeguard is not present.

This will also apply to things such as disabled access however, it is usually expected that it will take time to bring all facilities up to the new standard and the H&S police do not usually push unless there is an accident or complaint. But you as the owners are still liable under the new rules if that happens.

It's catch 22 Fadesa have fulfilled their obligations under the regs, you are caught by the new rules. You might even find that development areas that received their approval after the new law was passed have the correct installation by Fadesa because that is what is required. You are left to plead through the communidad for Fadesa to retrospectively carry out the improvements so that you comply.

Regards,

John.
Hi jdr,
Just read your post, thanks, and am finding all this access regulation information very confusing. By "other people" I mean just that; no names, just in passing conversation, sharing thoughts, not a legal opinion as such. So, if all progressive building work has to comply with the latest regulations, need I worry about this?
Goodnight,
Carol
Old May 6th 2006, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Woodzie
... The water & electricity was on (supplied by Fadesa) they say we will have to sign a contract with a utility company shortly. We could have signed with the gas company whilst there but didn't want to waste time waiting around for them so decided that could wait. All I can say is that we spoke to a chap who lives in a Rago appt. he also had the temporary supply for a couple of months but has now had to sign and is contracted. There was no mention of any issues, apparently Fadesa will stick a notice on your door advising you when they will cease to supply you with electric & water so you have time to arrange a contract...
Good morning to All ,
I enjoy reading all the posts, and find the information invaluable. However, I still end up scratching my head in confusion, wondering "Am I the weakest link here?"
1. I'm glad to hear that a Rago apartment owner has signed and been contracted to a supplier. Which supplier, I wonder, water, electricity, gas? This may be a happy ending for the rago apartment owners. But what guarantee is there that services will be supplied on time to the rest of the development? (See Loco's post #1981)
2. Names of suppliers? Name for electricity, is it Endesa or Sevillana? Name for Gas? Name for Water (in Huelva is it GIAHSA?)
3. Let me get this straight in my head please: Gas to be supplied (via pipes, not bottled) by which named company? I thought there was an ELECTRIC hob and ELECTRIC oven in the kitchen? Boiler for the hot water - Electric or GAS? Where is the gas meter for each property, on an outside wall next to electricity and water meters? Should any of these meters be outside the property (I'm thinking about another thread where a neighbour had tapped into the electricity supply of another neighbour. )
Aargh!!!
Carol
Old May 6th 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

RE: Disabled access
Hi John&Kath,
Glad to see you back Thanks for your post, although it does do my head in... Maybe if I close my eyes, and live in the hope that "manana" never comes...
Why should a private apartment (which may be for rent) with shared pool be classed as a hotel, and a private villa with pool (also which may be for rent) not? As long as the owner states that the apartment, along with it's pool, is not suitable for wheelchair access? Where does one draw the line? I am not being discriminatory (or, am I? I certainly do not intend it.)
Regards,
Carol
Old May 7th 2006, 12:02 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning to All ,
I enjoy reading all the posts, and find the information invaluable. However, I still end up scratching my head in confusion, wondering "Am I the weakest link here?"
1. I'm glad to hear that a Rago apartment owner has signed and been contracted to a supplier. Which supplier, I wonder, water, electricity, gas? This may be a happy ending for the rago apartment owners. But what guarantee is there that services will be supplied on time to the rest of the development? (See Loco's post #1981)
2. Names of suppliers? Name for electricity, is it Endesa or Sevillana? Name for Gas? Name for Water (in Huelva is it GIAHSA?)
3. Let me get this straight in my head please: Gas to be supplied (via pipes, not bottled) by which named company? I thought there was an ELECTRIC hob and ELECTRIC oven in the kitchen? Boiler for the hot water - Electric or GAS? Where is the gas meter for each property, on an outside wall next to electricity and water meters? Should any of these meters be outside the property (I'm thinking about another thread where a neighbour had tapped into the electricity supply of another neighbour. )
Aargh!!!
Carol
Hey Carole, re. Weakest Link at least you are still on the stage, I have been booted off and had to do the "walk of shame" !! I am as confused as you and although we are really keen to sign up and start getting furniture in etc I wish somebody would clear all this up for us. We feel reluctant to complete until Fadesa or our solicitor confirm that all the utilities will be available from the day we have the keys. I have written to Fadesa for clarification but - now don't be too shocked....I have not received a reply.

All the best Mel
Old May 7th 2006, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning to All ,
Aargh!!!
Carol
With regards to the boiler ,I was told by one of the shed people that the boiler in our town house can run off electric only or gas as well.When we were there in Jan
we signed up with Conforta for them to arrange and do all the paper work
to sign us up with the various utilitities. Thye just needed our bank dets for
direct debit etc. Cost was about 60 euros per utility,to be paid when we complete. . So I am assuming that when we eventually complete all that will
be taken care of by them.I know 60 euos a pop sounds expensive but amount of money we have wasted so far on flights ,accomodation etc over past 6 months its one less hassle that we have to take care of when we eventually complete.
Old May 7th 2006, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mel
A long time ago I was happy to think that if Fadesa handed me the keys to our place, and told me that water, electricity, and whatever else in life is necessary (dare I ask about drainage :scared: ) would be "in the pipeline" so to speak, then I would be a happy bunny...NOT ANYMORE! I have turned into Godzilla! (So my husband tells me...)
I'm going out into the garden to tear up some trees...
Regards,
Carol
Old May 7th 2006, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Hi Mel
A long time ago I was happy to think that if Fadesa handed me the keys to our place, and told me that water, electricity, and whatever else in life is necessary (dare I ask about drainage :scared: ) would be "in the pipeline" so to speak, then I would be a happy bunny...NOT ANYMORE! I have turned into Godzilla! (So my husband tells me...)
I'm going out into the garden to tear up some trees...
Regards,
Carol
All this bad news is getting a bit depressing. I've not posted a lot recently, because, under threat of divorce, Simon said I had to limit reading the CE thread. I think I was in danger of blowing a gasket, so I'm with you Carol. I'm having a sneaky post now whilst he's out of the way for a minute.

Re the pools situation, I am sure I read somewhere that only pools over 200m2 needed a lifeguard, so I wonder if it is only pools over a certain size that must comply to the disabled access rules? As our pools are so "poxy", as Jon BXL so succintly put it, maybe they don't have to comply with the new rules. Just thinking aloud????? Also, why would the pools have to comply with access laws, but the apartments not? (No lifts in the Pueblo Andaluz apartments).

I'm also in agreement Carol, about taking nothing for granted on this site. I will believe things when I see them, and will definitely not sign anything until all permanent services are in place. No rush for us anymore as we're already looking for somewhere to stay while we are in the area in July. No chance of the apartment being ready by then.

Karen
Old May 7th 2006, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billybassett
All this bad news is getting a bit depressing. I've not posted a lot recently, because, under threat of divorce, Simon said I had to limit reading the CE thread. I think I was in danger of blowing a gasket, so I'm with you Carol. I'm having a sneaky post now whilst he's out of the way for a minute.

Re the pools situation, I am sure I read somewhere that only pools over 200m2 needed a lifeguard, so I wonder if it is only pools over a certain size that must comply to the disabled access rules? As our pools are so "poxy", as Jon BXL so succintly put it, maybe they don't have to comply with the new rules. Just thinking aloud????? Also, why would the pools have to comply with access laws, but the apartments not? (No lifts in the Pueblo Andaluz apartments).

I'm also in agreement Carol, about taking nothing for granted on this site. I will believe things when I see them, and will definitely not sign anything until all permanent services are in place. No rush for us anymore as we're already looking for somewhere to stay while we are in the area in July. No chance of the apartment being ready by then.

Karen
Hi Karen, I agree this all does sound a bit depressing. We were a bit fed up with the delays so we decided to go ahead and complete as we wanted to rent/sell our apartment as soon as poss and we had met other people who have completed and seemed happy enough. We have completed very smoothly with Pelayo's help and when we went in on Thursday evening there was water on - builders water still I think but we met someone who is living in their apartment and they seemed happy with it and for the moment are paying nothing. We were given a Fadesa pack and have been told that we need to sign a contract for utilities but I am trying to clarify this. Pelayo's office said that they would arrange for these to be connected. We are back in UK now and are going out again in June to furnish and sort out any snaggings that haven't yet been done (there wern't many) so if you need somewhere to stay in July there is a nice second floor apartment with roof terrace available at minimal cost. We will not be using the apartment ourselves as we have a house in Portugal (which is also available for rent early July for 10 days or from 29 August for 2 weeks.
On a positive note, when we were there on Thursday evening and the sun was shining on to our terrace we thought "this is a great place to be"
Regards Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.