Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Dec 4th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

F.A.O. All Esurians,
it`s our founders --th birthday on Monday 5th just thought it would be nice if she had a sack full of E-Mails/PMs to come home to, as she is in Spain today so won`t see this post.
Sue can you delete this on Monday am?
Old Dec 4th 2005, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Carol&John,

Just returned from my sisters in mid Wales (more on that later), lot of catching up to do since Thursday.

There are supposed to be 6000 townhouses, apartments and duplex's together with 900 plots. The first phases must be a couple of thousand properties and most of the plots. So the handover and completion is going to take a while.

This little anecdote is supposed to be true but I only got it second hand so it may not be. Fadesa were doing a similar golf development on the CDS and when the time came for the releases they got everybody due at that time there on the same day on some open ground and organised them with a megaphone into batches and types and went through a mass signing ceremony. When we were deciding on our purchase we went to see the development at San Pedro and it had similarities to CE but smaller in scale with a similar mix. It was over there that I heard the story. The translation of Manzana is "apple" or "block" so yes there are Manzana's on each development except plots.

I have just had a RealEstate TV weekend and there were two programmes of particular interest one on Andalusia and the second on the CDL with particular concentration on Ayamonte and its environs so Isla Canela got a lot of publicity but CE also got a mention together with the developments down in the town. I realise they are only trying to drum up trade with Superior taking lots of adverts but it was the background shots that really hooked me I know why we bought on Esuri and we looked at this and decided we have no regrets. The wider programme on Andalusia only reinforced this.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi All,
Do you think that manzana 7 on pueblo andaluz was the first to undergo construction (perhaps continuing in reverse order)? And, therefore will be the first released (Feb.2006)?
Manzana 6 (pueblo andaluz? re: tednsharon's post) ready by March/April. Both facing/near the Golf clubhouse.
I know pueblo andaluz has 7 manzanas. How many manzanas are there in Townhouses, and (Rago 1 & 2- are these also divided into manzanas?) apartments?
Carol
P.S. I have a map of pueblo andaluz only.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-costa-esuri-sitemap4.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2005, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by jdr
Spanish Christmas is 1 day usually.
Not what I've heard about Christmas in Spain, the impression I get is that the Spanish really celebrate their Xmas, and December can be a close down.
Ned
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:08 am
Just Joined

treads is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, sorry we were out there last week and missed everyone (travelled back during Thursday, what a shame as some of you are on M6 as well! oh well... here's some of our (M6) pictures and views to the golf and river from the terrace, hope you enjoy them.... we have more if anyone wants them PM me...
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01437.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01442.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01443.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01446.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01447.jpg  

Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:10 am
Just Joined

And a few more! The marina and the beach, something we drove by while on CE for the kids! and that bridge.... enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01405.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01422.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01462.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dsc01481.jpg  

Last edited by treads; Dec 4th 2005 at 9:54 am.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thanks, jdr. I had to check my diary for dates. 3 Kings is on Friday, 6th January.
You will find they will probably turn it into a long weekend (extra few days ;-))
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Not what I've heard about Christmas in Spain, the impression I get is that the Spanish really celebrate their Xmas, and December can be a close down.
Ned
You heard wrong, usually short Christmas, but loooooong Kingsday in Jan
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

steph will become famous soon enough

Hi all,
We are going to C.E. Dec. 11th until Thursday 15th
Is anyone going to be out at the same time??
regards steph and dave
Old Dec 4th 2005, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Peter Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
We've been away for two weeks so I've just been catching up with all the news and gossip on the site.
We are due to complete on Dec 15th on our apartment on block6. We went out to do our snag list a few weeks ago and were so disappointed to find that the wonderful view that we were promised from our roof terrace has a wall infront of it totally blocking it to the south which is the only country view. I am worried about selling it on when the time comes. Has anyone else had a disappointment? It just goes to show that buying off plan has it's downfalls.
We are going out to Ayamonte on the 24th - 1st. Is anyone else going to be there at that time?
Pete and Brenda
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Hello everyone,
We've been away for two weeks so I've just been catching up with all the news and gossip on the site.
We are due to complete on Dec 15th on our apartment on block6. We went out to do our snag list a few weeks ago and were so disappointed to find that the wonderful view that we were promised from our roof terrace has a wall infront of it totally blocking it to the south which is the only country view. I am worried about selling it on when the time comes. Has anyone else had a disappointment? It just goes to show that buying off plan has it's downfalls.
We are going out to Ayamonte on the 24th - 1st. Is anyone else going to be there at that time?
Pete and Brenda
Hi, we were out last week for a few days and while we are very please in general, do have a few issues that maybe we should have picked up earlier.... We have bought a Townhouse on M6, a corner plot (end of terrace).

Issue 1
We found we did not have a view out to the back garden or communal pool from the lounge/dining room, they have placed a window in the side wall and patio doors on the same elevation, hence only views of the side garden, this seems mad as when we looked at the mid terrace, of course, they had patio doors out to the rear garden etc... also from a viewing point of view the back garden and pool would have been much nicer....

Issue 2
The downstairs washroom (in ours) has stairs intruding into it, with a very sharp corner that is a child's head height, nice!

Issue 3
We were told that the entrance to the communal area was going to be out the front then all the way around because they were not putting in gates to the communal grounds at the back of the properties.

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on these issues, or feels they aren't issues! would be interested to know, although not sure we can do much about it now....

Regards

Treads
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:56 am
Just Joined

tina glover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peter Rogers
Hi Tina, any chance of you holding a couple of new year's eve tickets for us? We're arriving on the 24th, so will be able to pop in prior to 31st.
Thanks, Pete & Brenda

HI, thanks for email, no problem will put your name down for new year.
tina.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Carol&John,

Just returned from my sisters in mid Wales (more on that later), lot of catching up to do since Thursday.

There are supposed to be 6000 townhouses, apartments and duplex's together with 900 plots. The first phases must be a couple of thousand properties and most of the plots. So the handover and completion is going to take a while.

This little anecdote is supposed to be true but I only got it second hand so it may not be. Fadesa were doing a similar golf development on the CDS and when the time came for the releases they got everybody due at that time there on the same day on some open ground and organised them with a megaphone into batches and types and went through a mass signing ceremony. When we were deciding on our purchase we went to see the development at San Pedro and it had similarities to CE but smaller in scale with a similar mix. It was over there that I heard the story. The translation of Manzana is "apple" or "block" so yes there are Manzana's on each development except plots.

I have just had a RealEstate TV weekend and there were two programmes of particular interest one on Andalusia and the second on the CDL with particular concentration on Ayamonte and its environs so Isla Canela got a lot of publicity but CE also got a mention together with the developments down in the town. I realise they are only trying to drum up trade with Superior taking lots of adverts but it was the background shots that really hooked me I know why we bought on Esuri and we looked at this and decided we have no regrets. The wider programme on Andalusia only reinforced this.

Regards,

John.

Hi John & Kath

I wonder if like us you are getting impatient not knowing when completion is?

No news from anybody yet, I have e mailed Superior and phoned Fadesa and I am waiting to hear from them but they are suggesting early march for our plot and will try to come back today with something firmer.

We put off getting some winter sun in December just in case plots went ahead as per contract, then from the forum (thank heavens for the forum) realised January or February may be the date. Now its looking like March. Have you had an update on your plot yet?

The photos of clear blue skies and sunshine on this site cheer us up no end.

Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:47 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

I am sorry to hear that your view is ruined as I think having something nice to look at is really important. I hope you are not too disappointed. Although I am in a Rago apartment we also have to walk all the way around the front of the building to get to the swimming pool....so everyone passing by will be able to see us wrapped in towels or in swimming cossies. I just hope the landscaping will create a suitably thick screen!!!! Luckily I worked this out when I was buying it. We have bought in a block that has both golf and country views, which I hope will stay that way....assuming the nature reserve will remain. Looking at the water there I think it is unlikely they would be able to build there if they wanted to.

CSR

Originally Posted by treads
Hi, we were out last week for a few days and while we are very please in general, do have a few issues that maybe we should have picked up earlier.... We have bought a Townhouse on M6, a corner plot (end of terrace).

Issue 1
We found we did not have a view out to the back garden or communal pool from the lounge/dining room, they have placed a window in the side wall and patio doors on the same elevation, hence only views of the side garden, this seems mad as when we looked at the mid terrace, of course, they had patio doors out to the rear garden etc... also from a viewing point of view the back garden and pool would have been much nicer....

Issue 2
The downstairs washroom (in ours) has stairs intruding into it, with a very sharp corner that is a child's head height, nice!

Issue 3
We were told that the entrance to the communal area was going to be out the front then all the way around because they were not putting in gates to the communal grounds at the back of the properties.

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on these issues, or feels they aren't issues! would be interested to know, although not sure we can do much about it now....

Regards

Treads
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:50 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Hi that is annoying. We fly out on the 15th so looks like we will miss you....maybe we will pass like ships in the night at the airport at about 10.30am!

Enjoy your break.

Cathy (CSR)
Originally Posted by david and steph
Hi all,
We are going to C.E. Dec. 11th until Thursday 15th
Is anyone going to be out at the same time??
regards steph and dave
Old Dec 5th 2005, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Andy C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Not having heard anything from Fadesa since snagging trip in October, I faxed the shed today asking for an update on completion of our apartment in block 9. On last visit they said December was out and would more likely be January / February.
David from the shed has just rung and said I should have been contacted by "Paula".They want to complete before Xmas!!!
He also asked if I was taking the BBBV mortgage. I still have heard nothing from these so have started the ball rolling with Halifax Hispania. It is unlikely that I will have a deal in place until early January.
Has anyone else in blocks 7,8 or 9 been given a date?
Thanks
Andy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.