Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:20 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by treads
Oh, panic.... what do you mean about the Hotel at Isla Canela? We are due to go out next week (Tuesday - Thursday) and am due to stay in the Riu Atlantico.. you don't mean this hotel, do you? We haven't been out for a year and reading your post has worried me... Can you / anyone confirm that your not talking about the Atlantico and is any else out there next week?

Regards

Treads.
No don't panic - there are two Riu's - the Riu Canela, in Isla Canela and the Riu Atlantico by the Isla Canela marina but they call that bit Punta del Moral. I didn't know the Riu Canela was being taken over, but I knew it was not open ... I thought it was just to make sure that at least one of their hotels was busy - the Atlantico was really full two weeks ago!

Sharon
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tricia
It is called El Sur and ran by a very nice Argentinian man called Hector, we call it Hectors House. We eat there normally once every time we go, it isn't usually that busy but the food is overall pretty good and he is very helpful although doesn't speak lots of English, he tends to draw things on the tablecloths to get his point accross but with our bit of Spanish we get there in the end.

Tricia

Hi
Thanks - sounds great - pictionary and a place to practice our spanish !! we'll give it a ago the next time we're there
Cheers
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi treads,

There have until now been two RIU hotels on the Cinnamon Island, one between the marina and the beach called the Atlantico and this was still taking bookings last time I looked on the RIU website and the other much further down the beech at Isla Canela called the Canela which does not seem to have been bookable on the website since about September.

I think your safe check the website to confirm.

Regards,

John.

Oh, panic.... what do you mean about the Hotel at Isla Canela? We are due to go out next week (Tuesday - Thursday) and am due to stay in the Riu Atlantico.. you don't mean this hotel, do you? We haven't been out for a year and reading your post has worried me... Can you / anyone confirm that your not talking about the Atlantico and is any else out there next week?

Regards

Treads.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:56 am
Just Joined

treads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi treads,

There have until now been two RIU hotels on the Cinnamon Island, one between the marina and the beach called the Atlantico and this was still taking bookings last time I looked on the RIU website and the other much further down the beech at Isla Canela called the Canela which does not seem to have been bookable on the website since about September.

Regards,

John.
John and Sharon (earlier reply)

Thanks! both of you... for the replies... I feel a little happier know.

I have another query... as I said it's been a while (almost a year) for us, since we have been out there, can anyone send me directions from Faro to the Atlantico? Is it easy to find? Last time we were there we were driven around and I didn't take to much notice! Any help appreciated.

Thanks again...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi treads,

It is really simple. Leave Faro airport on the Dual carriageway and head toward Sao Bras (east). This dual carriageway comes to an end but you still follow the same destination (north) on the single carriageway. You are now heading for the Motorway you will begin to pick up signs for Espana and you join the Motorway by taking the right fork just after the right turn to Sao Bras.

Follow the Motorway for about 45 km until you cross a socking great bridge on a very big river and then take the first exit over the bridge to Ayamonte. Up the hill to the R/about round to the Left and down the hill to the bottom and another R/about turn right and follow the dual carriage to the next R/about where you turn left for Isla Canela follow the signs through Town and you will cross another bridge to get onto the Island. Past the Golf course to the R/about take th 2nd exit to Punta Morell after about 5 km you come to a R/about with Punta Morell to the Left and the Marina straight on go straight on and turn left at the next R/about. The RIU Atlantico is straight ahead at the end of the road.

Regards,

John.

John and Sharon (earlier reply)

Thanks! both of you... for the replies... I feel a little happier know.

I have another query... as I said it's been a while (almost a year) for us, since we have been out there, can anyone send me directions from Faro to the Atlantico? Is it easy to find? Last time we were there we were driven around and I didn't take to much notice! Any help appreciated.

Thanks again...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:26 am
Just Joined

treads is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi treads,

It is really simple. Leave Faro airport on the Dual carriageway and head toward Sao Bras (east). This dual carriageway comes to an end but you still follow the same destination (north) on the single carriageway. You are now heading for the Motorway you will begin to pick up signs for Espana and you join the Motorway by taking the right fork just after the right turn to Sao Bras....

Regards,

John.
John

Great, thanks....

Treads...
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

TicktonTyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cptnemo
I tried the Argentinian Restaurant a few months ago. It was ok but I was Billy no mates I was on my own and their only client. I will try it again but with some company.
Ian

Is anyone out their this Thursday/Friday as I am popping out again but this time with the better half? Staying at the Parador but like to meet up with any future neighbours for coffee, beer or meal or maybe all three send me a PM.

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi
Thanks for the update - did you try the Argentine restaurant? I know which one you mean, passed it but have never eaten there. The quote from Fadesa for the a/c seems cheaper than they quoted us - perhaps they are coming in line with the competition?

Any photos to take our minds off the freezing weather !!
Cheers
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

John

Great, thanks....

Treads...
Have been confused in the past about the early part of the journey from the airport because the signs are not the best- did not realise until last week how easy it is-leave airport to roundabout at top, continue straight up for about 5km to end of road, sweeping right hand bend takes you onto road that leads to motorway- follow all the away up- about 6.5 km,badly sign posted but stick with it and turn right to Espania. then follow the directions already provided.
Ned.
PS was a little annoyed on Sunday when turned up for appointment to do snagging, and told we had turned up too early, when I asked what time to come back, was taken aback when told Feb or March. Did not seem to bother the staff that we had taken time off work, and expense to travel.
Nice to meet Sam Parky!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Ned Kelly,

I think the Portuguese deliberately do not sign the route to Spain from the airport to keep casual visitors in Portugal. Everywhere but Spain is well directed from the large R/about with those statues gazing skywards even Faro University off to the right. You do not pick up Espana signs until you are almost on the motorway which was no doubt funded by European money.

Regards,

John.

PS I'm the original cynic. might just have been right about keeping people away to avoid price competition on later releases from clients of "FLIPPERS".

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Have been confused in the past about the early part of the journey from the airport because the signs are not the best- did not realise until last week how easy it is-leave airport to roundabout at top, continue straight up for about 5km to end of road, sweeping right hand bend takes you onto road that leads to motorway- follow all the away up- about 6.5 km,badly sign posted but stick with it and turn right to Espania. then follow the directions already provided.
Ned.
PS was a little annoyed on Sunday when turned up for appointment to do snagging, and told we had turned up too early, when I asked what time to come back, was taken aback when told Feb or March. Did not seem to bother the staff that we had taken time off work, and expense to travel.
Nice to meet Sam Parky!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 25th 2005 at 5:15 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:31 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Well, unless this hotel has closed down completely, I think you will find a lot of the hotels on the CDL close down for winter and reopen around Feb.

CSR
Hi treads,

Regards,

John.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CSR
Well, unless this hotel has closed down completely, I think you will find a lot of the hotels on the CDL close down for winter and reopen around Feb.

CSR
Quite agree. Dave & I were down in March/April this year the Vincci was certainly open but most hotels were still closed but getting ready to open as late as mid April. We stayed in motorhome at Isla Cristina and most of the town was closed up for winter, was a bit bleak.

This was the same down at Nuevo Portil just the Golf club open for meals. This is why we chose Esuri as it was near to Ayamonte an all year round town.

Anybody know of any hotel deals in January?

Regards

Lynn
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:00 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dantill
Quite agree. Dave & I were down in March/April this year the Vincci was certainly open but most hotels were still closed but getting ready to open as late as mid April. We stayed in motorhome at Isla Cristina and most of the town was closed up for winter, was a bit bleak.

This was the same down at Nuevo Portil just the Golf club open for meals. This is why we chose Esuri as it was near to Ayamonte an all year round town.

Regards

Lynn
Lynn

Try the Riu website if you fancy the Atlantico - much cheaper than booking direct or through an agent.

Sharon
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dantill

Regards

Lynn
Quick question. Has anybody compiled a list of golf clubs/addresses (perhaps green info) and telephone numbers within Driving distance of Esuri, please. Or has anybody got marketing material they can share with this info....

Thanks

Jon
Old Nov 25th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ned kelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Quick question. Has anybody compiled a list of golf clubs/addresses (perhaps green info) and telephone numbers within Driving distance of Esuri, please. Or has anybody got marketing material they can share with this info....

Thanks

Jon
Jon,
Earlier this week visited Benamor Golf club as we happened to pass and picked up a magazine which has all the Portugese courses.
There are 4 courses between Tavira and Esuri.
Benamor,Quinta da Ria and Quinta de Cima which are all more or less on the old road-the 125.
The fourth- Castro Marim is up the river on the opposite side to Esuri.
The cost of playing at Benamor was 75E and buggy 40, which I thought was a bit excessive.
When things are established it may be worthwhile making approaches to the clubs to see if rates can be negotiated for residents/visitors to Esuri in the same way the hotels get their deals.
Ned
Old Nov 25th 2005, 11:52 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tednsharon
No don't panic - there are two Riu's - the Riu Canela, in Isla Canela and the Riu Atlantico by the Isla Canela marina but they call that bit Punta del Moral. I didn't know the Riu Canela was being taken over, but I knew it was not open ... I thought it was just to make sure that at least one of their hotels was busy - the Atlantico was really full two weeks ago!

Sharon
Not the shortest route but the fastest and best road is
Come out of the airport and follow the Orange sign that says Algarve Football ground. Drive along the motorway and you will see the football stadium on the left.DonĀ“t take the final exit keep driving straight on and you will see the Sign for Motorway to Spain. Once over the bridge follow the Isla Canela sign post and go past Golf course and ont the next roundabout take the second right and drive all the way to the marina.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.