Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Jon-Bx,

No if you don't take the mortgage offered by "Fades/your bank" there are no charges they are met by Fadesa. I suppose thy thought that if you were not paying cash the deal offered by "your bank" is so good with no charges on top very few would want to go elsewhere.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks again John for the information.

Mine for example is with Caja Sur, so I would expect to get the best deal there. However they have a exit (or redemption charge) of 1%, for paying off the mortgage. What I was wondering is, if Fadesa already have mortgages on my property, and I DON'T take the mortgage (i.e pay cash) - will they ask me for this 1%?? (I am effectively paying off Fadesa's mortgage early). I should certainly hope not, as I have no contract with Caja Sur!! Fadesa should have their own agreements with their mortgage providers, but with these Spanish deals - you never know!!

I cant honestly believe that this is the case - but this would be a hidden charge (and another fight) with anyone that switches mortgage companies or pays cash.

Thanks
Jon

PS Changing subject: good to hear Carrefour opens in Cartaya - anyone know when?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Jon-Bx,

No if you don't take the mortgage offered by "Fades/your bank" there are no charges they are met by Fadesa. I suppose thy thought that if you were not paying cash the deal offered by "your bank" is so good with no charges on top very few would want to go elsewhere.

Regards,

John.

correct in part - no redemption charges for not taking the deal.

Jon, you will have to pay for a new survey and the arrangement fee is likely to be higher - say 0.8% of the loan rather than 0.2% if you 'adopt' the Fadesa arranged deal.

If you adopt the deal from Fadesa then no survey fee and lower arrangement fee.

BTW - congrats to Sam on her new site - www.sbpropertyservices.com

looking good, check it out everyone and support the person who started this thread!

Matt
Old Nov 8th 2005, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

tina glover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi Val,

We also have plans to go to the sugar reef on new years eve, so looking forward to meeting you. We make our permenant move on 14th December Is anybody else out there over xmas and new year?

Tina, can you please let us know what you have planned at the sugar reef for new years eve.

Sam

Hi, Tina here from sugar reef, we are doing exactly the same as last year.
last year we had 88 people to party it was a great night, everyone enjoyed it, hot and cold buffet, food is from 9.00 to 9.30, 60s and 70s music, we see the new year in at 12.00 Spanish time with 12 grapes, which is very traditional in Spain, then we see the new year in with big ben, after this we have a young lad, who's parents have un apartment here, who again was here last year, who plays the bagpipes, which went very well.
The fish man, put a net up in bar for us and about 500 balloons go up there, and at english new year time we let the balloons down.
It cost 15 euros a person, that is with food included as well, all you have to do is buy drinks.
We already have 51 down for new year already, the tickets go very well.
if you are interested just let me know, i will hold you some tickets.
tina, sugar reef.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

David and Kathy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Excellent web site Sam. Good luck from us with the new venture, we will be contacting you for fees etc soon! Wishing you great success.

David & Kathy
Old Nov 9th 2005, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Andy C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Thanks for all the replies regarding mortgages.
Our apartment is being bankrolled by BBVA which is why I was interested in other buyers experiences with them. They do not seem interested in rolling this on to purchasers ,or at least they have not responed to any e-mail or phone call I have made.I spoke to David in the shed about this last time I was out and he said they were aware there was a problem and he promissed to raise it again with his Boss.I will try Fadesa again to see what they can do but am now erring towards re-mortgaging my UK property as in the long run ( taking all the charges an maintenance into account) I think it may work out easier if not cheaper.
Since last visit when I snagged the flat I have heard nothing more from Fadesa, but am now going ahead with ordering some furniture from Frontera and planning delivery for our next planned visit in mid Feb. Surely we will be able to complete by then?
Ta
Andy C
Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andy C
Hi all
.I will try Fadesa again to see what they can do but am now erring towards re-mortgaging my UK property as in the long run ( taking all the charges an maintenance into account) I think it may work out easier if not cheaper.
Ta
Andy C
Hi Andy

There is something else that needs to be taken into consideration, inheritance tax. I know policies can be taken out to cover these sums but it is important to remember that should you or your spouse die then inheritance will have to be paid on any share passing over to your spouse, which is why most Spanish leave property to children and not spouses. In other words, should you wish to pass property onto eachother, then if you are going to have a mortgage it is better done on the Spanish property where the tax will be paid by the spouse rather than on the English property where the spouse pays none.
Add on to this the far cheaper rate (which admittedly takes a year or so to see the benefits of due to large set up charges) and you may want to rethink. But as I say, alot depends on personal circumstances re marriage, size of mortgage etc.
Once you get the hang of it, sending over the money does take a bit more planning but for us it was the right way to go. We probably pay more in charges as we have an account with La Caixa and the mortgage with Caja Madrid but even the two accounts are probably no more than 150 euros a year together.

Tricia
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:13 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by David and Kathy
Excellent web site Sam. Good luck from us with the new venture, we will be contacting you for fees etc soon! Wishing you great success.

David & Kathy
Hi David and Kathy,

Thanks for your positive response to our website. If you want to contact me, then please use my private email address as the company one isn`t quite ready yet. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam
Old Nov 9th 2005, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sam

Really professional looking website, I'm impressed ! Just one thing, I don't know any Quinta da Lima golf course, do you mean Quinta da Cima (in Portugal) ?

Tricia
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

steph will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=sam parky],

Hi Sam

Brilliant web site, we will certainly be in touch if we ever get completion!!

all the best

david and steph
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:46 am
Just Joined

sarah33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi all,
Did you have a look to the web site of servisury ?, please, I´d like to know your opinion.
thanks
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future
Question Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

anyone around on 8th December? Doing the fabled snagging visit.....perhaps I will be one of the few and get to go inside the house we are buying?!!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matt begley
anyone around on 8th December? Doing the fabled snagging visit.....perhaps I will be one of the few and get to go inside the house we are buying?!!
Hi Matt

We are looking to get out to the apt sometime early Dec, not sure when though yet, isn't 8th December a holiday day in Ayamonte ?

Tricia
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tricia
Hi Matt

We are looking to get out to the apt sometime early Dec, not sure when though yet, isn't 8th December a holiday day in Ayamonte ?

Tricia
WE are out on 2nd Dec until 7th, so will miss you Matt. We have been told we will be able to get into our townhouse, but who knows.....is that bridge open yet??

Mike & Di
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

PS Changing subject: good to hear Carrefour opens in Cartaya - anyone know when?

Carrefour opening in Cartaya at end of November (according to "Viva Ayamonte" newspaper). Location is "...en la variante este de Cartaya de la autovia A-49, el poligono industrial "la estacion". I think this translates as the eastern by-pass (?) of Cartaya from the A-49, at the industrial estate called "the Station". Anyone know this road?

Carol
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Dean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hi David and Kathy,

Thanks for your positive response to our website. If you want to contact me, then please use my private email address as the company one isn`t quite ready yet. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam
Hello Sam

Very useful website. We are buying a three bedroom duplex on Esuri (Manzana 7) due for completion in December. Please could you provide us with prices for your packages as stated on your website including the extra cleaning package?

Thanks

Dean & Becky Titterton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.