Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=Mike and Carol]We have only seen photographs of the "new doors". We liked the white doors with 8 panes, and have photos of them. We are going over mid November to check our apartment with Fadesa and will be bring up the changes with them, but I suspect it will be "tough luck" , and they will have some excused why they had to change them.
We are also discussing the fencing. We were told there was to be wall around each apartment (ground floor). we will post the replies when we return.

Mike and Carol

Hi

The main thing is that the new doors and windows are constructed out of sadolin (or similar) painted softwood - most of our snagging list related to damage to the wooden surrounds. Personally its the maintenance issue that bothers me, as some time these will need to be repainted . Also, if you're not aware there is no external door from the utility area to the balcony,(as in the show flat) just the shutter - this is due to the gas fired water heater.

As I mentioned before, it isn't a case of "tough luck" as the brochure and artists drawings show the windows and shutters as different to the show flat.

The shutters are a brown/bronze aluminium, again different from the show flat.

Dont know about the ground floor fences
Cheers
Old Oct 31st 2005, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
Hola. The supermarket facing the marina sold polvorones this time last year , i think they must be a christmas sweet hasta luego John

Polverones together with Mantecadas are allways eaten at Christmas time in Spain. The factories making them only work from around the end of September to December, and then lay idle for the rest of the year

regards
BW.[/QUOTE]

Hola,
Thought I'd cheer myself up with some sweetie news, rather than go on about the doors!
Turron (almond/honey nougat) also is popular at Xmas, but it's a disaster for your teeth! I wonder if Bolo rei is similar to Plum pudding? Also, is there a convent of Carmelite nuns in Ayamonte who might be making these delicious sweets for Navidad as we speak??
Hasta pronto,
Carol
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Michael,

I am surprised that there is a buldozer and digger on one plot when not one of us does yet have completion. Having said that our plans are well advanced now and we hope to be ready to get on our bit of dirt early in the new year.

Paul and Dawn

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Hi all,
Just getting the update ready for my site as I don´t have a property update for the plots I just thought it would be nice for the plot owners to get a mention.
Here is what I saw on my drive around today.
Plots R.8 are having trees planted in front beside the road at 20 m intervals or so.
Plot 28 are havinfg the pedestrian crossing put in i front near the cul de sac.
Plot R.12 have a digger and bulldoser on site which I expect will start leveling before the week is out.

It´s a holiday here tomorrow all Saint's Day, so any of you out here tomorrow should be aware that most of the shops will be closed.

Regards
Michael
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Mike & Carol,

If you look at the photo I posted on page 10 it does show that there is a wall being built around the apartments, however there is also security fencing with gate which allows access from the road. I was concerned however that the gate is opened by a key and if it is left open it will leave our properties vulnerable to unwanted visitors. On Isla Canela the security gates are electronically operated and close themselves after a period of time.

Jean

Originally Posted by Mike and Carol
We have only seen photographs of the "new doors". We liked the white doors with 8 panes, and have photos of them. We are going over mid November to check our appartment with Fadesa and will be bring up the changes with them, but I suspect it will be "tough luck" , and they will have some excused why they had to change them.
We are also discussing the fencing. We were told there was to be wall around each appartment (ground floor). we will post the replies when we return.

Mike and Carol

Hi Nigel & Kim, and Cptnemo,
Like yourselves, I was a bit disappointed to see a change in the specifications. I did like, in particular, the white UPVC (maintenance issues) and the 8- paned glass doors. However, I am glad that Jean & John have seen (& taken photos) of the doors. The outside security grills (ie. pull down) and concertina doors (to the lounge) do appear to be made of metal (aluminium?) painted brown. The double doors opening inwards are not very practical when, for example, we want to leave the doors open, yet pull close a sheer curtain. Also, I wonder if it makes for less space (with doors open) to walk around the bed area? Ugh! I'll cross that bridge when I get there!
Regards,
Carol
[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 1st 2005, 1:58 am
Just Joined

treads is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Townhouse Pictures.

Originally Posted by reg.horne
These were taken just 1 week ago when we got to see inside our house (2-bed) - it is virtually complete inside and looking good.

We are buying in Manzana 2 facing the Golf course - and you can just see the grass coming through in the first pic. The second shows the "sheds" they are building near the pools and the last one, the progress on the pools and communal areas. I took some more inside - kitchen, bathroom tile colours etc. if you want them.
Hi, great photos.

Question: (for all really...) but did you call in advance to be able to look inside your place or did you just turn up? We are going out in a few weeks and not sure what the procedure is, do we call the shed and book a time, can we just drive up onto the site and poke around? Or are there other ways of getting close? Would much appreciate some help hear, we don't want a wasted visit...
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:26 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by treads
Hi, great photos.

Question: (for all really...) but did you call in advance to be able to look inside your place or did you just turn up? We are going out in a few weeks and not sure what the procedure is, do we call the shed and book a time, can we just drive up onto the site and poke around? Or are there other ways of getting close? Would much appreciate some help hear, we don't want a wasted visit...
Hi

We phoned the shed and have booked a visit for December, however, in August we did just drive up onto the site but were asked to leave by the security guards! :scared:

Sharon
Old Nov 1st 2005, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Hi, great photos.

Great, thanks... sorry... who did you speak too? and what number did you use? Maybe you could PM me...

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:32 am
Just Joined

BarryC is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, thanks... sorry... who did you speak too? and what number did you use? Maybe you could PM me...

Thanks in advance.
Hi

I spoke to Maria at Fadesa Baker Street this morning,told her we were going to be there on Monday november 21 and could we have an appointment for 10am.She said she would ring the shed and rang me back 30 mins later and said we were booked in for 10.30 with either paula,Belen or David.Telephone number 0207 486 6500.Try them.

Regards

Barry
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy Barton
Hi,

We own 2 plots, One on golf one and one on golf two. (Frontline). We also bought a 3 bed penthouse due for completion and in March 07, but need to sell this. We were at Costa Esuri two weeks ago and I have attached some pictures.
Hy Andy,

I hope the 3 bed penthouse you are selling is not the one that appears in the pictures you are attached, above all the showed in the last one because this is the one we are buying.
Best regards,
Marisol
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, great photos.

Hi we were there at the begining of October and just turned up at the shed (no appointment). We asked Paula if there was any chance of looking round our apartment, she checked to see if the van was available, it was and she took us there and then. Mike & Bryony
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:49 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I was wondering where I could get more info about the Marina that is apparently being built - where is it, timescales, sizes etc.

Also has anybody got a good map showing CE development and its position relative to Ayamonte the beach etc.

Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Jon-Bx

There isn't and it's not, not for now anyway.

The storey goes something like this, the national government identified a need for more marina capacity to support tourism. Lots of municipal authorities jumped on the bandwagon and gave permission for the development of marina's. Ayamonte now has two currently being enlarged marina's. one at Isla Canela and the one in the centre of town which has just been doubled in size. So has the one in Portugal just across the river.

The whole development at CE has been fraught with environmental difficulties and late in the day Fadesa added a marina to their aims. It should be going nowhere in both commercial (too much existing capacity) and environmental terms. However they are nothing if not competent "developers" and bought up a chunk of the Fish Farm just as you enter the site over the first hill on the left hand side with river frontage. Best seen from the river bridge as you cross from Portugal to Spain.

They applied to the Ayuntameinto for permission to develop and the local council almost had to approve since the site was already being used for a commercial purpose despite being in a protected area. So it has been approved locally.

However just as in UK the plan has been called in by Central Government and is being examined by the Environment department so as they say "do not hold your breath". There is still a lot of local opposition and the Marisma along the river is a nationally recognised site of environmental interest so its passage is by no means a forgone conclusion.

I think it will eventually get approved since a marina is probably just environmentally less damaging than a fish farm.

Strange but I have not seen any maps that show CE in detail and extend to the nearest Spanish beach. This may be because Fadesa and Canela are competing in the same market so do not want to alert punters to the other development. The Isla Canela beach is 6km due south of the motorway roundabout through the town of Ayamonte. It is stunning it must be 6km long of gently shelving beach 500m wide. The development is surrounded by marvelous beaches within 6-12km distant in both countries.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi
I was wondering where I could get more info about the Marina that is apparently being built - where is it, timescales, sizes etc.

Also has anybody got a good map showing CE development and its position relative to Ayamonte the beach etc.

Thanks in advance

Jon
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-ayamonte-location-map.gif  
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi we were there at the begining of October and just turned up at the shed (no appointment). We asked Paula if there was any chance of looking round our apartment, she checked to see if the van was available, it was and she took us there and then. Mike & Bryony

All, thanks for the replies re: contacting the shed... we will try and book something up soon. And of course take as many pictures as poss....
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Andy Barton is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Townhouse Pictures.

Originally Posted by marisol
Hy Andy,

I hope the 3 bed penthouse you are selling is not the one that appears in the pictures you are attached, above all the showed in the last one because this is the one we are buying.
Best regards,
Marisol

No dont worry. Ours isnt built until March 2007. In that case I can tell you that your apartment is lovely and well finished off. More pictures attached of the inside..........

Hope this helps.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-portugal-oct-2005-014.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-portugal-oct-2005-019.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-portugal-oct-2005-020.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-portugal-oct-2005-021.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-portugal-oct-2005-022.jpg  

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy Barton
No dont worry. Ours isnt built until March 2007. In that case I can tell you that your apartment is lovely and well finished off. More pictures attached of the inside..........

Hope this helps.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Thank you for the pictures but I was not referring to the apartment but to the town house you showed in the fourth picture.

Thanks anyway and best regards,
Marisol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.