Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jul 5th 2006, 3:43 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=Michaelh]
Originally Posted by kazwakey
Hi Carol and John

What is the Fiesta de Nuestra Senora del carmen? I will have to start my Spanish lessons. We are over there from 13th July.

Regards[/QUO

This is a holiday for the Virgin Saint Carmen on 16th July and will be celebrated on Isla Canela 14,15 and 16( you have to prepare yourself for a party Spanish style). Carmen is the Saint of the sailors and you should see the sailors bring the virgin out into the sea tour her around and bring here back onto tierra firme. All the major fishing ports/town celebrate this.

If its anything like the one near us .... take your earplugs for the firework show
Old Jul 5th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Michaelh]
Originally Posted by kazwakey
Hi Carol and John

What is the Fiesta de Nuestra Senora del carmen? I will have to start my Spanish lessons. We are over there from 13th July.

Regards[/QUO

This is a holiday for the Virgin Saint Carmen on 16th July and will be celebrated on Isla Canela 14,15 and 16( you have to prepare yourself for a party Spanish style). Carmen is the Saint of the sailors and you should see the sailors bring the virgin out into the sea tour her around and bring here back onto tierra firme. All the major fishing ports/town celebrate this.

Hi,
Just to add to Michael's post, "Nuestra Senora" (spanish "n" with wavy line)means "Our Lady" and refers to the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus. "Carmen" means "garden", or Mount Carmel/Carmelo. Nuestra Senora del carmen also means St. Carmen, also another title of the Virgin Mary. There are many other titles; for example, Nuestra Senora de las Angustias (church in Ayamonte), Nuestra Senora de Fatima (in Portugal), La Macarena (in Sevilla), and Nuestra Senora del Rocio.
I'll need to phone the shed tomorrow re: opening times during the festival.
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jul 5th 2006 at 9:35 am.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jon-Bxl]I bought a Nikon Coolpix 7600 earlier this year (it may be superceded by now) but we love it...
Good morning!
Hi Jon,
Thanks for the info on the camera, and the photo printing link. I'll try to have a look for one PRONTO...
Regards,
Carol
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola,
I feel like I'm talking to myself!
The Oracle's June issue is out online.
Carol
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola,
Carol
I`ve had that feeling on here too
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by jdr
I`ve had that feeling on here too
Since no-one seems to be saying much and jdr and carol are talking to themselves I thought I would pop in and say hello having not posted for a week or so. After all the trauma of the week in Portugal/Spain (passports out of date, missed appointments and lost money) we have now finally signed - so it is just get on with it - ignore the 'rats that I am going to find on my balcony', the air-con I will get ripped off buying, the mozzies that will love my fair skin, the fights my other half and I will be having because we should be on hol and will have to spend all our time dealing with paper, problems and possibly DIY. Though not if I can help it as it is not his strongest point. To say nothing of the money we will spend trying to achieve it all.

I am convinced by you all that I will not regret!! Looking forward to views from the roof, good but cheap red wine, good company and an ace BBQ in fantastic weather - had most of that here this last week I have to say - good cheap red wine bought on a short visit to France with the car in April.

JDR - how did you get to be a moderator and what is it?

Best wishes

Carol
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

TicktonTyke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carol
We have all said sod it!!!
You will find us all on another thread trying to buying in North Africa.
But guess what? the builders are Fadesa :scared: and Superior :scared: are the agents
aaaagh

Now back in the real world could I possibly trouble you for the oracles
web address I know I should have it but I am not as organised as you
Cheers Ian

Hola,
Carol
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TicktonTyke
Hi Carol
We have all said sod it!!!
You will find us all on another thread trying to buying in North Africa.
But guess what? the builders are Fadesa :scared: and Superior :scared: are the agents
aaaag
Cheers Ian

Hi Everyone

We have been away in our motorhome for a couple of weeks and also been down to 24 hour Le Mans, fabulous but very hot and dusty.

So after opening the mail the next thing is check out progress on our plot on CE and all your posting while we have been away. Its looks like a lot of people are on holiday or perhaps in Germany hoping to have seen england in the final.

Well congratulations everyone who have completed on their place in the sun and now enjoying it after so long a wait.

Our Solicitor has now told us our original completion on the plot of December 2005 will probably be December 2006 so we are very cheesed off to say the least.

We thought we may have started building in the winter and may possibly be moved in by December 2007 but this looks pretty unlikely. I wouldnt mind if we were thirty somethings either. Oh well the kids will enjoy it.

We will take the motorhome out in September/October to check out the plot.

The only one to keep us going no its not the builders or the agents its Dear John who kindly pm's some photos of our plot last week - wonderful. I printed them off and look at them daily.

Meanwhile thank you for all your postings, its great for all of us who still appear to have a long wait to know that some of you have progress but we know it will be worth it in the end.

Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH

JDR - how did you get to be a moderator and what is it?

Hi Carol, as I have been on here for about two thousand years and know my way round and the Europe Forums are getting fairly busy and another mod was needed so they asked me if I could help out.
The Moderator job is really to check out the threads and see that there are no blatent advertisments, spam, obscene posts, or posters having wars etc.
So behave yourself ....
Old Jul 6th 2006, 8:04 am
Just Joined

kazwakey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your responses regarding Fiesta de Nuestra Senora del Carmen. I look forward to a good party

Please let me know when you know the opening times for the shed.

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TicktonTyke
Hi Carol

Cheers Ian
Try:

http://www.theoraclecostadelaluz.com...page/Itemid,1/

For those starved of news, our daughter and partner are at our Apartment this week, (and we are not jealous - honest ! ), so we may have some news next week. She tells me the mozzie nets have been fitted, and the TV aerial is now working, so some snagging items are being attended to.

Regards
Old Jul 6th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Buenos dias!
You lot certainly make me smile! It's a shame we are in different areas on CE. Imagine the amount of work which could be achieved or never finished at the community meetings if we were on the same ones? lol (see I learned something new...) Hopefully, the community meetings will not consist of a group of po faced people (imagine thought bubbles of "Que?", or "What's for tea?" )
Re: Fadesa shed. Has anyone else found it difficult getting their calls through to the shed? Opening hours in the summer, I have been told, are 10.30am - 13.30pm and 5pm - 9pm. Don't forget the time difference.
I'm guessing the heat is getting to a lot of people, and that's only here in the UK! We've had the harr (cool sea mist) for a few days, something I'm sure I'll miss (from time to time only) when broiling in the heat of the Andalucian sun...
Now, anybody seen anymore rats (4 legged variety)?
Saludos,
Carol
P.S. BobD, tell us more please about the aerial at rago apts. (assuming it will have similar reception as Pueblo Andaluz)? I've read Loco's posts on Eye on Isla Canela, about the different receivers/satellite dishes, etc...
Old Jul 6th 2006, 8:13 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Good advice for everyone. Now I can't believe I am now going to talk about poo on the internet but here goes. It is black, flattish, curved and about 5mm long.

Re rubbush collection it does not look like a daily event as loads of the bins are full of cardboard, but that could be due to the amount of people moving in. I am around the back so do not hear the pick up at around 4 am.

CSR
Hi CSR,
Yeugh!! Ratones! Yes, par for the course as you said, as long as they aren't the size of small dogs...
Not only living beside a river, but all the digging will disrupt their habitat, so what to do to make their welcome less welcoming?
Rubbish, I'm assuming is collected in the big refuse bins. Normally, they are emptied daily (early) - have you seen this happening? And, usually people place their rubbish out in the bins (bagged and tied) in the evenings, so it doesn't rot in the heat of the day. Don't leave it lying about.
Food in the kitchen: keep it covered/contained and put away (high up).
I remember the ventilation window in the utility room (pueblo andaluz duplex) has no mozzie screen, so maybe that'll need adapting. Mice (maybe rats too) like to eat the rubber flexes, so examine the washing machine connections regularly and look out for the droppings (what do rat droppings look like?)
As for snakes :scared: , stay clear. In S.E. Asia, it's suppose to be ok to wear bright colours when planting rice in the paddy fields to ward off snakes, but I wouldn't like to test it here on the golf course!
Carol
Old Jul 6th 2006, 8:58 pm
James

JamesPatrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

We've just completed on our Rago apartment last week in a joint venture with my parents and my parents are over there already.
Decided not to mention the post about the rats and the snakes, somethinngs are best left un said i think.
Its a Rago 2 second floor apartment and the arguments have started already regarding what to put in the lounge dining area.
Im a two setee man (one sofa bed) where as my parents are after a sofa bed and a table, has anybody out there managed to squeeze in two sofas and table and how does it look, is it a bit tight.
Opinions or experiences would be welcome, before I go out and meet them on monday.

Thanks
James
Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Don't worry too much about the rats. They are nothing compared to the Sus Scrofa!

Joking aside if you do come across a Wild Boar just freeze. At least that is what I have been advised to do by the local hunters! Wild Boars can be extremely aggressive.

Best

Loco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.