Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jul 8th 2006, 3:51 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Just back and delighted with the house, we have a long snagging list but all fairly minor things. Just poor finish really. John and my 2 brothers-in-law copied our (wonderful) neighbours idea and put stone down at the front of the house. Garden centre just out of Ayamonte on the Lepe Road with 2 huge pots out front - see Martin. John block paved the back. Bricks from La Barqueta in Ayamonte opp the BP garage - see Anna. SOOOOOO pleased it looks wonderful.

We do have a sewerage smell...Paula nearly fainted when she got a whiff and we found a hole at the back of the toilet. Fadesa came and sorted that and John borrowed Benny's sealent gun and sealed behind and round the toilets and behind the washing machine. Also cleared all the rubble from the outside vent. It did improve but still a smell at times and the AirCon really wafted it around.

No pool at M2 yet as they had problems with the filters but I think it will be in use soon, hope so I am back out there in 3 weeks time.

The golf course and site is really coming along well. It is a bit of a ghost town/builders site but you can see improvements all the time. I wonder when we will have the supermarket, shops, bars etc as it does not make economic sense for any traders to start up whilst there are so few properties being used. I think Spring 2007 may be optimistic but we'll see.

Becareful (in townhouses) as if the patio door is open and the front door is then opened, the wind takes the patio door and I am worried it will break it and shatter the glass. We filled a large empty water container with sand to use as a door stop.

When we arrived it was about 10ish at night and we were delighted with how well the house had been cleaned, it was SPOTLESS and the excellent furniture, light fittings, electrical goods, AirCon Etc fitted by Absolute and we would recommend Tom, Martin and the team to anybody who, like ourselves, does not have the time to furnish themselves. They have been very helpful and everthing we needed was there from teaspoons to brushes, pans, beds, sheets, curtains, mirrors, outdoor furniture, towels etc etc, everything...you name it.

Does anybody have the email address of the gentlemen who runs the "community of owners" for M2 ? I believe he is a Dutch gentlemen and very helpful but I don't know how to contact him.

Best regards to all

Mel

PS. Marisol, were you in Isla Canela Thurs ? I saw a Spanish lady with a beautiful German Shepherd dog and wondered if it might be you. Take care !!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Den H is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mel & John

Glad you had a good time at your Costa Esuri Townhouse (M2).

We have just received an e-mail from Paula (Fadesa) confirming that the gas can be connected from 10th July (Manzana 3) which is good news as we are flying out on 12th July.

NB I have one Easyjet ticket from Faro to London Luton on Monday 7th August 2006 (flight departs at 10.00). I can also give a lift to Faro Airport if required. Please PM me if interested.

Dennis

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Just back and delighted with the house, we have a long snagging list but all fairly minor things. Just poor finish really. John and my 2 brothers-in-law copied our (wonderful) neighbours idea and put stone down at the front of the house. Garden centre just out of Ayamonte on the Lepe Road with 2 huge pots out front - see Martin. John block paved the back. Bricks from La Barqueta in Ayamonte opp the BP garage - see Anna. SOOOOOO pleased it looks wonderful.

We do have a sewerage smell...Paula nearly fainted when she got a whiff and we found a hole at the back of the toilet. Fadesa came and sorted that and John borrowed Benny's sealent gun and sealed behind and round the toilets and behind the washing machine. Also cleared all the rubble from the outside vent. It did improve but still a smell at times and the AirCon really wafted it around.

No pool at M2 yet as they had problems with the filters but I think it will be in use soon, hope so I am back out there in 3 weeks time.

The golf course and site is really coming along well. It is a bit of a ghost town/builders site but you can see improvements all the time. I wonder when we will have the supermarket, shops, bars etc as it does not make economic sense for any traders to start up whilst there are so few properties being used. I think Spring 2007 may be optimistic but we'll see.

Becareful (in townhouses) as if the patio door is open and the front door is then opened, the wind takes the patio door and I am worried it will break it and shatter the glass. We filled a large empty water container with sand to use as a door stop.

When we arrived it was about 10ish at night and we were delighted with how well the house had been cleaned, it was SPOTLESS and the excellent furniture, light fittings, electrical goods, AirCon Etc fitted by Absolute and we would recommend Tom, Martin and the team to anybody who, like ourselves, does not have the time to furnish themselves. They have been very helpful and everthing we needed was there from teaspoons to brushes, pans, beds, sheets, curtains, mirrors, outdoor furniture, towels etc etc, everything...you name it.

Does anybody have the email address of the gentlemen who runs the "community of owners" for M2 ? I believe he is a Dutch gentlemen and very helpful but I don't know how to contact him.

Best regards to all

Mel

PS. Marisol, were you in Isla Canela Thurs ? I saw a Spanish lady with a beautiful German Shepherd dog and wondered if it might be you. Take care !!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola,
Enhorabuena/Congratulations to Sam & Benny, and Mel & John!
I hope to meet some new faces this coming weekend at the shed if not elsewhere in town. Please say hello to the stranger with the white hat!
Hasta la vista y adios,
Carol
Old Jul 8th 2006, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carol&John
P.S. BobD, tell us more please about the aerial at rago apts. (assuming it will have similar reception as Pueblo Andaluz)? I've read Loco's posts on Eye on Isla Canela, about the different receivers/satellite dishes, etc...
Hi Carol & John,

We were lead to believe from the shed that the aerial would not be connected until the community had agreed on a policy for this and the satellite dishes. However. on one of our visits, I noticed that aerials were atop each block. I plugged the tele into the wall socket in the lounge, and got a load of fuzz, so thought the aerial couldn't be connected. However, when we were having a drink with Val and Gary at their place, I noticed they had footie on the tele for their son Dan. Gary told us he had just plugged the tele in and it worked, so when we go back to our Apartment, I tried our tele in different rooms. Surprisingly, it worked in two rooms, and failed in two ! I put this on the snagging list, and it seems Fadesa have fixed it, as my daughter reported she watched a couple of World Cup games on the TV this last week. From memory, I think there are about 8 Spanish Channels, and a couple of Portuguese Channels available, but I will check for sure when we are next out in August.

Regards
Old Jul 8th 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JamesPatrick
Hello all,

We've just completed on our Rago apartment last week in a joint venture with my parents and my parents are over there already.
Decided not to mention the post about the rats and the snakes, somethinngs are best left un said i think.
Its a Rago 2 second floor apartment and the arguments have started already regarding what to put in the lounge dining area.
Im a two setee man (one sofa bed) where as my parents are after a sofa bed and a table, has anybody out there managed to squeeze in two sofas and table and how does it look, is it a bit tight.
Opinions or experiences would be welcome, before I go out and meet them on monday.

Thanks
James
Hi James,

We also have an Apartment on Rago 2. We decided on two settees (one two seat sofa/bed, and a three seater, and decided to forgo the Dining area, and put a table and chairs into the kitchen. You can see this layout, and decide if it suits your needs, from my website at:

www.rjdawson.co.uk

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola,
Enhorabuena/Congratulations to Sam & Benny, and Mel & John!
I hope to meet some new faces this coming weekend at the shed if not elsewhere in town. Please say hello to the stranger with the white hat!
Hasta la vista y adios,
Carol
Beunos Dias All

Congratulations to Sam and Benny, Mel and John.

We are flying out tomorrow, early - if I manage to find the passports and do some packing.
Got through to Paula at the shed yesterday afternoon and arranged to visit our townhouse on Manzana 4 tomorrow afternoon. Paula has been on holiday for a few days and yesterday was her first day back. She thinks that M4 may have been granted its Habitacion Certificate on Friday, but was not sure and will check that out over the weekend. Unfortunately this info is too late to allow us to complete this week, but if correct means we can organise furniture and fittings with more confidence.

Hope to see some of you in the shed or about the site during the week.

Adios Steve y Pat
Old Jul 8th 2006, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

kazwakey is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Sam & Benny and Mel and John. Hope all goes well for Steve and Pat. We fly out on Thursday 13th July at 6.00 am with Easyjet. Alan and I hope we will meet some of you as we would love to see the finish product of an end townhouse as we have been told completion will not be until August next year (lucky to get in before end of 2007).

Take care

Regards

Karen and Alan
Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

That must be from East Midlands. Same flight we usually get!

Paul and Dawn

Originally Posted by kazwakey
We fly out on Thursday 13th July at 6.00 am with Easyjet.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by sam parky
Well we spent our first sleep night in our house last night. Perhaps a night too soon as we only had the cooker hob and the bedroom light working. I couldnt sleep a wink as I was too excited, but couldnt get up to do anything because the house was pitch black. Benny is now busy fitting all our lights so at least we will be able to see tonight.

We are really pleased with the house. The only thing that has really annoyed me is the paint and mortar just splashed everywhere. It is going to take weeks to get the house paint and mortar free. Though we have found a great product for cleaning the tiled floors. Its called Descal and you can get it from the ferretería. A warning, you must wear a mask. Not just a normal dust mask, more like a gas mask!!!! But it brings the tiles up like new.

Benny has brought his power wash over and has power washed the whole of the outside of the house. It looks great, all the yellow fluffy stuff from the caterpillars has gone, all the dirt and dust and now looks like new again. And the patios look great

Look forward to meeting more of you from the forum, and hope you enjoy your properties as much as we do ours

Sam

Congratulations Sam & Benny on finally making the big move; it's been a long long wait for you both.. Sam, if it wasn't for you this amazing thread may never have come into being and we would all still be wandering around in the dark making naff decisions. So, not only congratulations on the move, but also thanks for your stroke of genius two years ago.

We'll look forward to meeting you one day not too far off.

Andy
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:03 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

We were spending a few days in the apartment over the weekend and something very odd happened last night.

I'm not sure what time - about 10 or 11 pm - we suddenly felt the whole apartment shudder and heard a sort of ´boom´noise. Lights and TV flickered on and off. I initially thought that maybe there had been an explosion in one of the flats down below so went outside to look. Lots of other people had also come outside of their flats to investigate.

There were no signs of any explosion and lots of bewildered looking people saying "What was that?". The concensus then appeared to be that there had been a small earthquake.

Was anyone else there this weekend? Did you feel it too? Was there really an earthquake in Ayamonte this weekend????
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Possible ...... Click here
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:48 pm
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
We were spending a few days in the apartment over the weekend and something very odd happened last night.

I'm not sure what time - about 10 or 11 pm - we suddenly felt the whole apartment shudder and heard a sort of ´boom´noise. Lights and TV flickered on and off. I initially thought that maybe there had been an explosion in one of the flats down below so went outside to look. Lots of other people had also come outside of their flats to investigate.

There were no signs of any explosion and lots of bewildered looking people saying "What was that?". The concensus then appeared to be that there had been a small earthquake.

Was anyone else there this weekend? Did you feel it too? Was there really an earthquake in Ayamonte this weekend????

My 'Er Indoors lives in the centre of Ayamonte, some distance from Esuri and she tells me that there was a very violent shaking and shuddering at about 10.30 last night, she thought that the building was falling down!!!!..
Once it had subsided she looked down the street and no-one appeared to take any notice.......she is happy to learn that she hadn't imagined it anyway!!!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:07 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevetheradio
My 'Er Indoors lives in the centre of Ayamonte, some distance from Esuri and she tells me that there was a very violent shaking and shuddering at about 10.30 last night, she thought that the building was falling down!!!!..
Once it had subsided she looked down the street and no-one appeared to take any notice.......she is happy to learn that she hadn't imagined it anyway!!!

http://www.emsc-csem.org/index.php?p...&id=KJ263;2006

Definitely was a minor earthquake then. The epicentre was just accross the border in Portugal.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:23 pm
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
http://www.emsc-csem.org/index.php?p...&id=KJ263;2006

Definitely was a minor earthquake then. The epicentre was just accross the border in Portugal.

Thanks for that post Keith...I shall call her and let her know the deal...I thought that it was something she ate!!!!
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:06 am
Just Joined

kazwakey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandDawnH
That must be from East Midlands. Same flight we usually get!

Paul and Dawn
We are flying from Liverpool

Regards

Karen & Alan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.