Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Hi

we completed without the first occupation certificate and no problems. No gas , but Fadesa arranged for change of boiler and bottled gas, worked very well. No additional charge to us. Your decision, but might save you paying that rental payment? that is if solicitor can complete in time.

good luck

Mike
Not sure how much of a "no problem" it would be if there was an electric, water or gas accident with no certificate :scared:
Old Jul 13th 2006, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Not sure how much of a "no problem" it would be if there was an electric, water or gas accident with no certificate :scared:

Don't want to stick my oar in here ,so to speak, but there are some very interesting posts regarding completing without LFO on the Spanishpropertyinsight forums and I have to say it seems madness, regardless of how many have done it without problems to do this. I always look on the worst case scenario (careful I guess) and the consequences could be horrific.

Tricia
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:40 am
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

thanks for all the posts but i'm thinking it will be better to stave completion till as long as poss and whilst we are out there in july we can sort out all white goods etc and air con etc

any new photos anyone

regards

paula
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
Don't want to stick my oar in here ,so to speak, but there are some very interesting posts regarding completing without LFO on the Spanishpropertyinsight forums and I have to say it seems madness, regardless of how many have done it without problems to do this. I always look on the worst case scenario (careful I guess) and the consequences could be horrific.

Tricia
There are some real horror stories on there regarding signing without a LFO Any lawyer advising completion without one, is in "general" opinion not acting in your best intrests.

BW.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
Agreed but if a machine has Skype on it the firewall can be easily bypassed anyway...

Best
Loco
I did post re the security risks of using skype in another thread. But it seems that very few people are aware of them, or willing to believe they are leaving themselves open to attack.

regards
BW
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:08 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
There are some real horror stories on there regarding signing without a LFO Any lawyer advising completion without one, is in "general" opinion not acting in your best intrests.

BW.
The Spanish Prop Insight forum is probably the worst forum I have ever encountered. It is basically a Costa del Sol problem page, and as we all know there are a lot of problems on the CDS. There are a few people on there who have really had a hard time one way or another, but whatever you do DONT ask for advice on that forum. It would be a bit like asking marriage advice from someone who has just come out of a bitter divorce. To say the glass if half empty would be the understatement of the year. We are much better off here - the advice offered comes from a wider variety of angles.

Ref the LFO here's my two cents. You can never be forced to complete without an LFO. Anyone trying to get you to do so is not acting in your interests.

However, many people choose to complete without it, myself included. It really depends on your circumstances. We are going to let our apartment sit idle for about year so didn't really care about the utilities being connected straight away (which, incidentally they now are). It is a relatively normal thing in Spain for people to complete without the LFO so if a solicitor only 'advises' (not forces) you to complete there is nothing wrong with that and don't think badly of him because of something you have read on a doomy gloomy forum.

I think the people who are bleating on Spanish Property Insight have either bought into a small development or even a larger one, but noone on the development has been connected to utilities. Unlike Costa Esuri, where there are people, like me, who are connected and little by little they are connecting more and more people.

At CE I don't think it is a question of IF you will be connected, but WHEN. And the WHEN only seems to be a matter of a few weeks for everyone I have spoken to.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keithwalters
The Spanish Prop Insight forum is probably the worst forum I have ever encountered. It is basically a Costa del Sol problem page, and as we all know there are a lot of problems on the CDS. There are a few people on there who have really had a hard time one way or another, but whatever you do DONT ask for advice on that forum. It would be a bit like asking marriage advice from someone who has just come out of a bitter divorce. To say the glass if half empty would be the understatement of the year. We are much better off here - the advice offered comes from a wider variety of angles.

Ref the LFO here's my two cents. You can never be forced to complete without an LFO. Anyone trying to get you to do so is not acting in your interests.

However, many people choose to complete without it, myself included. It really depends on your circumstances. We are going to let our apartment sit idle for about year so didn't really care about the utilities being connected straight away (which, incidentally they now are). It is a relatively normal thing in Spain for people to complete without the LFO so if a solicitor only 'advises' (not forces) you to complete there is nothing wrong with that and don't think badly of him because of something you have read on a doomy gloomy forum.

I think the people who are bleating on Spanish Property Insight have either bought into a small development or even a larger one, but noone on the development has been connected to utilities. Unlike Costa Esuri, where there are people, like me, who are connected and little by little they are connecting more and more people.

At CE I don't think it is a question of IF you will be connected, but WHEN. And the WHEN only seems to be a matter of a few weeks for everyone I have spoken to.
Agree with you to a certain degree Keith but I just thought people need to be aware of the exact legal ramifications involved should (and there is always a possibility) there be a problem. I think people need to know as many facts as possible when making such an important decision and those who are uber cautious may decide to delay until all the i's and t's' have been crossed, so to speak. I would never say 'listen to one person or another', it is not my place, people will make up their own minds but the more info on which to base that decision, the better IMHO

Tricia
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=keithwalters] We are much better off here - the advice offered comes from a wider variety of angles.
QUOTE]

Just twigged KW

Certainly are some bitter people on there.

BW.

Last edited by big wheels; Jul 13th 2006 at 11:37 am.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:09 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paula.davitt
thanks for all the posts but i'm thinking it will be better to stave completion till as long as poss and whilst we are out there in july we can sort out all white goods etc and air con etc

any new photos anyone

regards

paula
Hi Paula

I was there last week (hopefully some photos later today!) and I personally would not want to spent a "holiday" on M6 at the moment. The grassed areas are some grass, weeds and mud and the pools are filled with rainwater and the odd frog and that's not to mention your own private garden. I would be spending all my time telling the chidren to keep off the mud, not to go near the pool and not to tramp dirt all through the house ... I might as well be at home! Having said that I know that the grass will quickly take shape. I just want to be able to relax and hopefully by September we will be able to do just that and paddle our feet in the children's pool like Sam and Benny!

Sharon
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tricia
Agree with you to a certain degree Keith but I just thought people need to be aware of the exact legal ramifications involved should (and there is always a possibility) there be a problem. I think people need to know as many facts as possible when making such an important decision and those who are uber cautious may decide to delay until all the i's and t's' have been crossed, so to speak. I would never say 'listen to one person or another', it is not my place, people will make up their own minds but the more info on which to base that decision, the better IMHO

Tricia
I certainly agree with that, people that inhabit a property without a licence in place are breaking the law.
Any insurance would be deemed void.
Using electric, water or gas that is not metered in your name (unless you are renting and paying the landlord) is stealing.
If there was a terrible accident, say the place caught fire and also took out a few other apartments,but hopefully no lives, could you afford the payout ?
Think about the consequences.......
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

andreaandcol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We are about to complete on our townhouse on Manzana 1, we are trying to decide weather to go out this August or holiday elsewhere and go later in the year when things are a little more final. Could anyone please tell me if the pool is in working order on Manzana 1 as this may sway our decision! Thanks.

Andrea and Col
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

A bit like LFO's then.

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by big wheels
I did post re the security risks of using skype in another thread. But it seems that very few people are aware of them, or willing to believe they are leaving themselves open to attack.

regards
BW
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:25 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Loco
A bit like LFO's then.

Best
Loco

They live in a different world
Old Jul 15th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by sam parky
Looking forward to meeting you in the near future.

Just to let all manzana 4ers know that the habitation certificate is now through. We can now apply for gas so no more cold showers (not that you mind in this heat).

The pool is being filled at the moment. Last night about 10 ish myself and Benny went for a paddle in the kids pool. It felt so surreal after this long wait. We sat on the side with feet in with a glass of wine talking about the last 2 years and the long wait for our house. Its amazing on Esuri and I am sure everyone who has bought up there has made the right decision.

Sam
Hola Sam and Benny

Good to meet you last week. Many thanks for all your help and reassuring words. Will follow up with a PM shortly once I have worked out the technology - I'm still in the age of carrier pigeons really.

Everything looks like it is coming together.

A more detailed resume of what we found and how we fared will follow in a day or two.

Regards to all.

Steve and Pat
Old Jul 16th 2006, 2:41 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsavitt
Wireless Broadband Internet Connections

Does anyone know of a local wireless broadband hotspot so as to access the Web? I'm not talking about a landline connection which is of course possible but presumably expensive for the limited use that it would be used but "WiFi" which would be ideal for those of us that have enabled laptops
Hi When I was last there Villa Real was advertising free wifi.. go across enjoy a drink and do your email!

Regards
Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.