Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jul 21st 2006, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hola Everyone

Pat and I have just returned after a week inspecting CE and the shops etc in Ayamonte and surrounding area. Our Townhouse is now 'officially' finished, although the standard of finish was very disappointing, to say the least. Anyway Benny is going to do us a proper snagging list (we found at least 16 items when we were tired, and we were not really looking very hard) and thereafter we will move towards completion before we go out again in September. Have to say we found Fadesa aomewhat unhelpful and uncommunicative; they never seemed to know the answers to any questions. We were somewhat downhearted for a couple of days, but cheered up towards the end - everything will be alright eventually.

Some thoughts others might like to be aware of
- we bought a Spanish SIM card before we went out, so that we had a 'Spanish' local phone number. You just replace the SIM in your usual mobile and then all your calls in Spain are on the domestic tariff; instead of paying double international charges as your calls ping back to the UK and back again. 0044.com was the website; just make sure you keep a note of the PIN.
- Neil and Trevor at Frontera were great for furniture; very helpful
- while Carrefour was very impressive, we found most of their prices for white goods especially were not particularly competitive. We found a shop in Ayamonte - Idea - had the best values and they seem to be able to deliver and install same day for most things.
- there is a potential issue about car parking spaces for Townhouses. As most purchasers will be aware, each Townhouse has an individual allocated parking space, indeed the space is transferred to you and is specified on the Title Deeds. However, it seems that most spaces will not be those outside your townhouse. Apparently as some weird sort of security feature, Fadesa has arranged for each parking space to be outside a different house. (Something about not being able to tell if a house is occupied by virtue of a car outside, or not.) Our designated parking space is around the corner outside No 31; the space next door outside No 32 belongs to No 28. Thus the spaces for No's 31 and 32 are elsewhere up the road, presumably outside two other houses - and thus it goes on. The scope for confusion seems enormous. Again Fadesa were not particularly helpful.

Oh well good to be back in the warm.

Steve and Pat
The spaces immediately infront of our Rago Block10 are in the lower 40's. Our title deed says that our parking space is No77. This is found in the vacinity of Block8- 150 yards away from the 40's This posting is by way of an advanced apology to all those property owners who have been designated spaces in the lower 40's who find that I have parked in their gap. You realise that these numbers probably belong to owners in Manzana 6!!! :scared:

Last edited by Graham G; Jul 21st 2006 at 3:11 am.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi All,

This might be of interest to those who have completed on their property at Costa Esuri.

We have booked an October break with Ryanair Sunday 1st Oct - Saturday 7th Oct for Kath, Kirsty and me. We have got really good flight prices £37.20 each and are now looking for some cheap digs in an interesting location.

We have stayed all around CE on both sides of the bridge and thought that it might be novel to stay at Costa Esuri. Pool is essential as we all love to swim.

Any offers?

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

This might be of interest to those who have completed on their property at Costa Esuri.

We have booked an October break with Ryanair Sunday 1st Oct - Saturday 7th Oct for Kath, Kirsty and me. We have got really good flight prices £37.20 each and are now looking for some cheap digs in an interesting location.

We have stayed all around CE on both sides of the bridge and thought that it might be novel to stay at Costa Esuri. Pool is essential as we all love to swim.

Any offers?

Regards,

John.
Hi John and Kath, we have a 2 bed apartment on CE and a villa in Portugal (40 mins from CE) I have sent you a pm so if you are interested pls contact me
Regards Jan
Old Jul 21st 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Graham G
The spaces immediately infront of our Rago Block10 are in the lower 40's. Our title deed says that our parking space is No77. This is found in the vacinity of Block8- 150 yards away from the 40's This posting is by way of an advanced apology to all those property owners who have been designated spaces in the lower 40's who find that I have parked in their gap. You realise that these numbers probably belong to owners in Manzana 6!!! :scared:
Any one has stayed in an apartment at Isla Canela will know that the allocated parking space can be down two lifts and along a corridor.

On Esuri Block 10 our is number 66. We found out about this when we asked in the shed. I happened to look down the list and saw that numbers 80 and 81 were allocated to the ice cream vans!!

The adminstators have stated that we should use our correct space, but I guess that this will only matter in the peak holiday times.
However if any one is in my space it will cost 100 Euros to have the car released!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 6:26 pm
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

I guess I should make the effort and try to find out which space is mine, but so far, on the last 3 visits out there, there have only been a max of 5 cars in the whole car park! I'll pack some boxing gloves in my suitcase for our August visit just in case Graham gets grumpy!!!!
By the way my father in law was caught out at the Faro end of his recent visit for having a bag weighing more than the allowed 20 kg. It cost him £18. He had no problem at the England end. Be warned!!! Ryanair is watching you.(mabe a few rats had snuck in!)

CSR
Originally Posted by Mike and Carol
Any one has stayed in an apartment at Isla Canela will know that the allocated parking space can be down two lifts and along a corridor.

On Esuri Block 10 our is number 66. We found out about this when we asked in the shed. I happened to look down the list and saw that numbers 80 and 81 were allocated to the ice cream vans!!

The adminstators have stated that we should use our correct space, but I guess that this will only matter in the peak holiday times.
However if any one is in my space it will cost 100 Euros to have the car released!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CSR
I guess I should make the effort and try to find out which space is mine, but so far, on the last 3 visits out there, there have only been a max of 5 cars in the whole car park! I'll pack some boxing gloves in my suitcase for our August visit just in case Graham gets grumpy!!!!
By the way my father in law was caught out at the Faro end of his recent visit for having a bag weighing more than the allowed 20 kg. It cost him £18. He had no problem at the England end. Be warned!!! Ryanair is watching you.(mabe a few rats had snuck in!)

CSR
Hi all, I have never thought about car parking spaces either. We are on Block 4 and have only ever seen a couple of cars in there. On another subject, could anyone give me details of insurance for contents and to cover rentals. I have asked for a quote from our broker in Portugal but this is taking some time. Would be pleased to hear of any experiences of local firms
Regards
Jan
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:06 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Hi all, I have never thought about car parking spaces either. We are on Block 4 and have only ever seen a couple of cars in there. On another subject, could anyone give me details of insurance for contents and to cover rentals. I have asked for a quote from our broker in Portugal but this is taking some time. Would be pleased to hear of any experiences of local firms
Regards
Jan
HIFX the currency exchange people gave me a very good quote which also covers the cost of hotels if there is a problem and rental guests cannot stay there for any reason.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

pegthegreyhound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Just back and delighted with the house, we have a long snagging list but all fairly minor things. Just poor finish really. John and my 2 brothers-in-law copied our (wonderful) neighbours idea and put stone down at the front of the house. Garden centre just out of Ayamonte on the Lepe Road with 2 huge pots out front - see Martin. John block paved the back. Bricks from La Barqueta in Ayamonte opp the BP garage - see Anna. SOOOOOO pleased it looks wonderful.

We do have a sewerage smell...Paula nearly fainted when she got a whiff and we found a hole at the back of the toilet. Fadesa came and sorted that and John borrowed Benny's sealent gun and sealed behind and round the toilets and behind the washing machine. Also cleared all the rubble from the outside vent. It did improve but still a smell at times and the AirCon really wafted it around.

No pool at M2 yet as they had problems with the filters but I think it will be in use soon, hope so I am back out there in 3 weeks time.

The golf course and site is really coming along well. It is a bit of a ghost town/builders site but you can see improvements all the time. I wonder when we will have the supermarket, shops, bars etc as it does not make economic sense for any traders to start up whilst there are so few properties being used. I think Spring 2007 may be optimistic but we'll see.

Becareful (in townhouses) as if the patio door is open and the front door is then opened, the wind takes the patio door and I am worried it will break it and shatter the glass. We filled a large empty water container with sand to use as a door stop.

When we arrived it was about 10ish at night and we were delighted with how well the house had been cleaned, it was SPOTLESS and the excellent furniture, light fittings, electrical goods, AirCon Etc fitted by Absolute and we would recommend Tom, Martin and the team to anybody who, like ourselves, does not have the time to furnish themselves. They have been very helpful and everthing we needed was there from teaspoons to brushes, pans, beds, sheets, curtains, mirrors, outdoor furniture, towels etc etc, everything...you name it.

Does anybody have the email address of the gentlemen who runs the "community of owners" for M2 ? I believe he is a Dutch gentlemen and very helpful but I don't know how to contact him.

Best regards to all

Mel

PS. Marisol, were you in Isla Canela Thurs ? I saw a Spanish lady with a beautiful German Shepherd dog and wondered if it might be you. Take care !!
Hi I saw your comment regarding getting someone to supply all the furniture etc, we noticed a posting where some one with a Van had offered to come with you to IKEA and take it all back to CE, any ides who that is ? Ray and Nicky
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone completed yet on a 3 bedroom, 3 floor town house in RAV 4. I'm buying one in Manzana 5, and from the photos I've seen there seems to be an issue with the privacy on the top floor terrace to the master bedroom. From what I've seen it looks like the the top bedroom terrace is completely overlooked from the roof terrace of the 2 bedroom house next door, can anyone confirm this, or is it just the way the photo is. If what I imagine is true it would completely affect the use and security of this terrace, as the terrace next door would be looking directly into the master bedroom.

Last edited by Dave Smith; Jul 23rd 2006 at 10:30 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

pete3038 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billybassett
Hi all,

we arrived home last night from our trip to snag on our duplex apartment on Manzana 6 Pueblo Andaluz. Overall, we were very pleased with the apartment and the surrounding areas. Just a couple of minor problems which Fadesa has promised to sort out. If our apartment is anything to go by, I would advise to check the quality of the internal joinery work, there were scratches, and some slight damage from nails. Not a big problem at all though. What a change since we last visited. The development looks huge as you drive over the bridge from Portugal, but the site itself is really coming on, and everything seems to be done to a high standard.

We hoped to complete by the end of April, and have arranged a holiday for 18-25 April to do the clean up, install air-con, lights etc but our solicitor has just called to say it might be early May. Best laid plans and all that.

We met up with Sam and Benny who were lovely, and enjoyed the beautiful weather for a couple of days. We also met Trevor from Furniture Frontera who has some fantastic furniture for sale. We bought most of our big items from Trevor and I can highly recommend his store for both the quality of what he is selling and his helpfulness.

There were plenty of mozzies around, but luckily we weren't bitten. The Riu Atlantico was lovely, and all in all, it was a great trip, which has confirmed we have bought in the right place. The pictures below are of Manzana 6 Pueblo Andaluz, looking towards the river.

Take care all,

Karen

Hi Karen
It was great to hear that you are pleased with your new home. May I ask, have you moved in yet and how far in advance did they notified you? In October I went across to inspect the property but was told that the property would not be ready until February 2006 but since have not heard anything from Fadesa. I have bought just next door to you. and it would nice to meet you.

Do you have any news on the shopping areas, golf course and the hotel. How are these doing? It would be great if you can update me on these, and thank you for your pictures, they are very good.

Best regards
Pete
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
Has anyone completed yet on a 3 bedroom, 3 floor town house in RAV 4. I'm buying one in Manzana 5, and from the photos I've seen there seems to be an issue with the privacy on the top floor terrace to the master bedroom. From what I've seen it looks like the the top bedroom terrace is completely overlooked from the roof terrace of the 2 bedroom house next door, can anyone confirm this, or is it just the way the photo is. If what I imagine is true it would completely affect the use and security of this terrace, as the terrace next door would be looking directly into the master bedroom.
Dont be shy, you will soon get used to that in Spain
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pegthegreyhound
Hi some one with a Van had offered to come with you to IKEA and take it all back to CE, any ides who that is ?
We used www.doncampo.co.uk - they were great
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poollounger
HIFX the currency exchange people gave me a very good quote which also covers the cost of hotels if there is a problem and rental guests cannot stay there for any reason.
Thank you - I have a quote from Lloyd and White in Tavira for 107 Euros which I thought sounded quite good - this doesn't cover buildings though as I understand we get the first 6 months free from Fadesa.
Regards Jan
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
We used www.doncampo.co.uk - they were great

We also used doncampo, and can add to the reccomendation- superb service- best we have had in Spain- very friendly, on time, and at the agreed price.

Mike
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
We also used doncampo, and can add to the reccomendation- superb service- best we have had in Spain- very friendly, on time, and at the agreed price.

Mike
Yes, I'll second that, they were great!
Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.