Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi Everyone

Help please. It is probably not an immediate concern, but we will at some point have to choose an insurance company for buildings and contents cover on the property on Esuri. Any thoughts?

Should we go with a tried and tested company in the UK? Or would it be best to tap into the local Spanish market?

What have others done? If the latter does anyone have any recommendations for Spanish insurers?

Thanks

Steve
Hi Steve
When we completed on ours there was 6 months cover included on Buildings & contents through AXA insurance. Our solicitor seemed to think it was quite comprehensive, you then have some breathing space to study it & decide wether to keep it going after the 6 months or change. The price seemed reasonable to us but we haven't shopped around yet.
Kim
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hi Steve
When we completed on ours there was 6 months cover included on Buildings & contents through AXA insurance. Our solicitor seemed to think it was quite comprehensive, you then have some breathing space to study it & decide wether to keep it going after the 6 months or change. The price seemed reasonable to us but we haven't shopped around yet.
Kim
Hi all

PM me if you want details of a Norwich Union backed contract available for both 2nd home owners and expats living in Spain.

The lady I have dealt with is really good.

Matt
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:32 am
Just Joined

heddi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richard Ward
Heddi

I have 2 bed penthouse apartment in Rago 2, Block 5 ready for rental if you are still interested.

Richard

Hi Richard

That would be great - just worried will not get everything ready in time - how much do you want for it please get back ASAP

Thanx

Heddi
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heddi
Hi first post - does anyone have an apartment ready for rental from 8th July -22nd July for a family of four ie 2 bed 2 bath apartment at 500 euros pw. I booked them in but am not going to be ready for them and really don't want to let them down.

Please let me know ASAP

Thanks

Heddi
Hi, hope it's not too late - I have 2 bed apartment with roof terrace, Rago 2 Block 4, ready for occupation and free the dates you want. (Just got back ourselves from furnishing) Let me know if of any interest
Regards Jan
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Hi, hope it's not too late - I have 2 bed apartment with roof terrace, Rago 2 Block 4, ready for occupation and free the dates you want. (Just got back ourselves from furnishing) Let me know if of any interest
Regards Jan

Please let me know what you want for it please ASAP

Thanks

Heddi
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Please let me know what you want for it please ASAP

Thanks

Heddi
Hi, Heddi, not very much, I will try to send you a pm
Regards
Jan
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Richard Ward is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Richard

That would be great - just worried will not get everything ready in time - how much do you want for it please get back ASAP

Thanx

Heddi
Heddi

Just picked up your message. As I said the apartment is available. You can contact me on : <<admin edit - email address removed for privacy, PM member for contact details>>

Last edited by Sue; Jun 25th 2006 at 4:18 am. Reason: Email address removed - It's not wise to put your email address on a public forum, it could get picked up by spammers!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Hello everyone

Just got back from CE after a hectic week furnishing our apartment. It was exhausting as temp soared to 37 degrees but also satisfying to have it ready at last. One thing I would do differently if I were starting again would be to9 have someone to clean for us before attempting to furnish. The builders leave everything pretty dirty, although i must admit it wasn't too bad inside. The dust is the biggest problem and that was everywhere!
Would like to say how good the services of Liz and Den Harrison were. They met us at IKEA as arranged and everything was loaded and on the road very smoothly. They then met us again at the apartment and helped us to unload. I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone wanting to have furniture from Ikea delivered and in place same day. I would also recommend Steve Brown from Let and Care. It was difficult to choose from all the replies I had received regarding the management and general care of the apartment but I chose Steve because he lives on site and has been through the same problems as all of us Rago 2 owners. He is a great guy and again I would thoroughly recommend him. During the week we were able to see our Solicitor for a final completion statement and our Bank BBVA where our mortgage had been arranged. They are in Ayemonte, very friendly and efficient (so far) and speak very good English. We never seemed to get time to have a swim in the pool although it had been filled and on the one occasion I walked round there it looked very inviting - next time hopefully! There were very few people around so it seems that not many apartments are occupied. On the day before we left workmen started errecting barriers at the end of each parking space presumeably to stop us going over the edge on to the flower beds. Our first rental guests arrived today for 10 days so I hope everyhting will be OK for them but for now we are enjoying a well earned rest in our English country garden!
Best wishes
Jan
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:28 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Hi All

Am off to Ayamonte on Wednesday til Monday with my daughter and 3 friends as a post-exam treat (I must be mad :scared: ). As our house is not ready we have booked accommodation at the marina, so if any of you are over and spot a harrassed women with 4 glamourous teenagers in tow it's probably me! Do stop and say "hi". I'm not going to arrange to specifically meet up with anyone this time round as it is primarily the girls' holiday, but it would be lovely to speak to any of our future neighbours.

Wish me luck!
Sharon
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Sharon. Have a great time!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Back in the UK after an awful week apart from getting some sun!

Thanks Robin and Jan for sparing some time on your busy visit to let us see your apartment - first time we have had a chance to see the roof terrace.

It has been a really difficult week for us and I feel sort of unsettled. We arrived at the airport to find our daughter's passport was out of date so had frantic calls to try and get her out later that week - endless costs to rearrange flight and pay for an emergency passport to get her 4 days instead of 7. Meanwhile we took her friend out with us and spent the first few days trying to make sure she enjoyed herself with two middle aged people she did not know well!

As Fadesa sold our original choice of apartment in March our visit was to check out we were getting the right apartment (agreed by fax!), set up power of attorney, get bank account etc and to sign the contract. First of all we cocked up the appointment with the solicitor as we did not allow for the time change - we were staying in Portugal. So rearranged apointment for the Friday, only to arrive and find the solicitor and the shed could not find the contract. Told it would be found in the week and we would be faxed thedetails for the solicitor to sign on our behalf later this coming week. All seems so messy.

So we are still at the reserve stage, although we have dealt with the bank account and power of attorney and nie paperwork.

The worst thing is that I have suddenly got cold feet and suffered as some would say panic and I cannot explain it. I keep wondering whether this is the right thing after all. It was possible to drive around most of CS this week unlikw before but in a way that did not sort the feeling of indecision. Like most we are trying to combine an investment with a holiday home and we need a mortgage, the costs of which we hope will eventually be covered by letting - but the pace concerns me and I do wonder how many years it will be before the infrastructure is adequate to make it a really attractive place to holiday. I had hoped to see more speed especially with the commercial buildings. I think the ghost town feel, and number of for sale signs already up did not help. Did others have these fears? I am causing a lot of stress with my partner! Help!
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

CAROL ELIZABETH, What a difficult decision for you to make, but its almost like fate trying to put you off buying there.
With so much other property for sale in Spain, and you as a buyer have the upper hand, I would definately blow it out, but it can only be your decision........
Good luck
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol Elizabeth,
Stop and take a minute to think. Relax...
Start of your holiday was pretty dramatic with the passport problem, but it got sorted, and now the story can be resigned to your personal "holiday nightmares". These things do happen...
Time difference between Portugal & Spain. Yes, it happened to us too! But, no one was hurt/upset/dead, so another lesson learned...
Re:Mortgage. I think you've answered your own question here. Costa Esuri will take years to become less of a ghost town. (Some people might like that...) But, some infrastructure IS going in (slowly), and although Fadesa are poor (euphemism!) at communication, I'm hoping they will get the job done. You might feel less stressed at buying in an established area with visible infrastructure? I would worry about relying on rental fees to pay off mortgage, however, in any situation.
Don't regard your experience as being a waste of time, but rather as helping you to know what you really want.
Clear as mud?
All the best,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jun 25th 2006 at 1:45 am.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Robin & Jan

Thanks for getting back with the details - Mr Lefranc and family would like to rent 8th - 22nd july but need for 2 adults and 3 children 16,12 & 9 - do you have a sofa bed to the lounge? Please advise ASAP. If OK please send details of where I need to send payment.

I will also need the full address and arrival instructions. If you could also pass on details for Ikea delivery people that you used and Steve Browns info. Will he do a clean for me b4 I arrive?

Thanks for all your help.

Heddi

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Hello everyone

Just got back from CE after a hectic week furnishing our apartment. It was exhausting as temp soared to 37 degrees but also satisfying to have it ready at last. One thing I would do differently if I were starting again would be to9 have someone to clean for us before attempting to furnish. The builders leave everything pretty dirty, although i must admit it wasn't too bad inside. The dust is the biggest problem and that was everywhere!
Would like to say how good the services of Liz and Den Harrison were. They met us at IKEA as arranged and everything was loaded and on the road very smoothly. They then met us again at the apartment and helped us to unload. I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone wanting to have furniture from Ikea delivered and in place same day. I would also recommend Steve Brown from Let and Care. It was difficult to choose from all the replies I had received regarding the management and general care of the apartment but I chose Steve because he lives on site and has been through the same problems as all of us Rago 2 owners. He is a great guy and again I would thoroughly recommend him. During the week we were able to see our Solicitor for a final completion statement and our Bank BBVA where our mortgage had been arranged. They are in Ayemonte, very friendly and efficient (so far) and speak very good English. We never seemed to get time to have a swim in the pool although it had been filled and on the one occasion I walked round there it looked very inviting - next time hopefully! There were very few people around so it seems that not many apartments are occupied. On the day before we left workmen started errecting barriers at the end of each parking space presumeably to stop us going over the edge on to the flower beds. Our first rental guests arrived today for 10 days so I hope everyhting will be OK for them but for now we are enjoying a well earned rest in our English country garden!
Best wishes
Jan
Old Jun 25th 2006, 2:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Robin & Jan

Thanks for getting back with the details - Mr Lefranc and family would like to rent 8th - 22nd july but need for 2 adults and 3 children 16,12 & 9 - do you have a sofa bed to the lounge? Please advise ASAP. If OK please send details of where I need to send payment.

I will also need the full address and arrival instructions. If you could also pass on details for Ikea delivery people that you used and Steve Browns info. Will he do a clean for me b4 I arrive?

Thanks for all your help.

Heddi

More of a PM needed than a public post dont you think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.