Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=Carol&John]
Originally Posted by Angie & Jules

Hi Jules,
I agree that the michelin site is a good tip! Thanks, Cptnemo.
We are planning to drive from Madrid to Ayamonte this summer. I thought it would be interesting to travel via Extremadura. Does anyone have any tales to tell along this route?
Maybe this topic could become a sub-thread, as in "Is this the way to Ayamonte?"
Carol
Re: "Is this the way to Ayamonte"

This was our way to Ayamonte.

On our last visit we got on the ferry at Portsmouth (45 mins away) had a leisurely cruise to Bilbao (30hrs).

The scenery once we got out of Bilbao was absolutely stunning very Swiss looking. We chose to ignore the Madrid route as we were in the motorhome. On the first day we travelled through Burgos, Valladolid, Salamanca all stunning cities, lost count of how many mountain sides we climbed up and down, the scenery on this first leg is beautiful. We arrived at Plasencia where we had booked into a wonderful camp site for the night complete with swimming pool and the temperature already 10 degrees warmer than Bilbao at around 19c (this was March last year).

Left here around 8 am next morning and were so excited to think that by the evening we would be in Ayamonte. Our route was via Caceres, Merida and on to Huelva stopping on the way for fuel( panic, fuel stops in short supply) so next time will fill up as soon as half tank shows.

Arrived at the camp site at Isla Cristina at 5 pm. (Camping Giralda is a 1 minute walk amongst the pine trees to the beach). All facilities excellent. That night the Hire Car was delivered as arranged and we had our evening meal with friends in Ayamonte. Our first meal of many while we contemplated where to buy on CE. We based ourself at the site for 3 weeks before the return journey to Bilbao with our deposit duly paid on our selected bit of dirt on CE.

The 600 mile 2 day trip was certainly worth it.

Regards

Lynn & Dave
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

gerrythephone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

[QUOTE=jdr]
Originally Posted by GEORGE&YVONNE
Not sure aout this particular one, but loco says it has.
Laws in Spain change to suit those in charge almost as quickly as bar owners change But like I say you have to be a resident in Spain to apply for a padron. Its like me saying I am resident in England.
I do not yet have my residencia but in order to obtain it in Huelva(appointment in March) i had to obtain a padron,which i did by simply walking into the townhall in Ayamonte with my NIE number,a recent utility bill and my driving licence.The official there then checked the address,i signed a few times and came back the next day to collect-easy!
I am sure Sam and Benny have done the same.
A padron is similar to the electoral register in the UK and it is a benefit to Ayamonte if we all register as the Spanish government funding works on these figures.
It also means you are able to vote in local elections.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

We will also be at the Millennium Stadium, we got our tickets yesturday my brother queued from 9 o' clock in the morning and finally got the tickets at 7 o' clock in the evening! Hope you got yours. Daniel is very excited as it will be his first visit to a major cup final.
COME ON WIGAN!

Originally Posted by billybassett
hi all,

as usual, have been reading every day but not posting. Thanks everyone for all the updates and pictures etc. I've been as frustrated as everyone else on here with the lack of communication. However, some news that may be good for many on here is that we have had an e-mail today from Pelayo, our solicitor, saying that we can now make the arrangements to do the snagging for our duplex apartment on Pueblo Andaluz Manzana 6. The apartment is finished and he wants us to do a full snag list prior to a completion date late in March. He suggested the end of February but we can't visit then as I am a Wigan Athletic fan and will be at the Millennium stadium watching us in the Carling Cup Final.

We have just booked flights for 11 March (home on 14 March), and have also got a great deal at the Riu Atlantico. We also have a weeks holiday booked at the same hotel from 18-25 April, so we'll be joining the jet set for a few weeks.

If anyone is out there at the same time, would love to meet up and share a jug of sangria.

Hope others waiting for completion information get news soon.

regards

Karen & Simon
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John, Lynn & Dave,
Thanks for the posts re: Is this the way to Ayamonte? Have a good journey, John. Bring back some warm weather, please! Actually, it looks like there's colder weather today in the Sierra (Aracena)!
We'll be travelling in July (hot!), and maybe we'll take the motorway option one way (Madrid, Castilla/La Mancha, Cordoba, Sevilla, Ayamonte), and return via Extremadura, but not as far north as Plasencia (definitely stopping over in Caceres & Merida for the roman sites). Good tip about the petrol stations.
We did the Madrid to Motril route a few years ago, via Castilla/La Mancha (Almagro Parador - excellent pool, cuisine, and in July there is a festival of Theatre), then Jaen province (detoured into Ubeda and Cazorla, wildlife buffs take note), Granada (a dream, but traffic jams a nightmare!), then on to the costa tropical. This time, if we go motorway, we'll turn off at Bailen, heading towards Cordoba & Sevilla.
I hadn't thought about camping (last time we did that was several years ago at Noja, east along the coast from Santander - great beach!) Is it possible to rent a mobile home at the site (Isla Cristina)? Hey! What am I thinking? We should have a place at CE by then!!
Thanks,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Jan 29th 2006 at 9:59 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Val D
We will also be at the Millennium Stadium, we got our tickets yesturday my brother queued from 9 o' clock in the morning and finally got the tickets at 7 o' clock in the evening! Hope you got yours. Daniel is very excited as it will be his first visit to a major cup final.
COME ON WIGAN!
What a small world Val....... We were also in the queue from just after 9am and eventually got our tickets at about 7.30pm, so we can't have been too far behind your brother. We were frozen solid - still thawing out - but it was well worth it, and the banter amongst the fans was fantastic in the circumstances. It'll be great to have another Latics fan at CE!!! I wonder if we'll recognise each other??

PS - On a CE note, we got our apppointment through from Fadesa on Friday to do the snagging - March 12. It's getting closer, and very exciting.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by billybassett
What a small world Val....... We were also in the queue from just after 9am and eventually got our tickets at about 7.30pm, so we can't have been too far behind your brother. We were frozen solid - still thawing out - but it was well worth it, and the banter amongst the fans was fantastic in the circumstances. It'll be great to have another Latics fan at CE!!! I wonder if we'll recognise each other??

PS - On a CE note, we got our apppointment through from Fadesa on Friday to do the snagging - March 12. It's getting closer, and very exciting.
You may spot Daniel, he is 7 years old, red hair and will have some form of football kit on, not always Wigan, he covers himself with who he supports but don't worry he is Liverpool not Man United!
Old Jan 29th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

George,

Your post is spot on and despite the changes in the law, most Town Halls around here will still be very glad to register " Western " non residents without asking too many questions or looking for much paperwork. One or two now won't if they realise they are non resident. I can quite believe Ayamonte Town Hall "claims" they have not heard about any of these changes. Just this week I was joking they would probably even register my dogs on the pardon.

The law changed as part of what is often referred to as the "normalisation". One change was to be on the pardon of a municipality not only did someone have to be "habitually" resident there but they now also had to be "legally" resident in Spain.

ONE of the reasons for this change was that 3 Million immigrants were registered on the padrons with a Spanish address yet only 1.8 Million had residence cards. My understanding is the major reason for this was illegal immigrants would flock to be on the Padron as it was beneficial for them to do so for numerous reasons including accessing health care.

There has been some complex legal debate if a fiscal non resident of Spain can be "habitually" and "legally" resident in Spain.

Best
Loco

Last edited by Loco; Jan 29th 2006 at 11:26 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Marisol, Karen & Byrony
Thank you for your messages to put things back into perspective but I wasn't saying the delay was a Spanish issue, it is a Fadesa responsibility regardless of their nationality. The delay up to now has not bothered me too much, I never really expected completion until 06 anyway. However as the original date was Aug 05 and I have a letter ( the ONLY letter ever) from Fadesa dated July 05 telling me that the property is almost complete and to sort out finance etc I do not feel too relaxed about their customer service ability. I will be fine with it if the building, the site. the future maintenance of the area is all as expected but I do think that they are treating all of us, who have spent a considerable sum on money, with a rather cavalier and "could not care" attitude. I am not of course referring to any person in particular as my only contact has been Paula and she has been very considerate but I feel she does not have Fadesa support in her efforts. If all is not completed by the end of March I think an 8 month delay is a bit much. More that the delay however is the complete lack of info. Thank goodness for this site and people like yourselves who give us all feedback and photos. If it is due to the town hall, then they are not the people who we have invested with, our business contact is Fadesa and the occasional circuler letter would be courteous (at the very least) to advise us.
As already said on this site though we can do nothing but wait for our call out date to snag but as Al posted, he has just returned after snagging in Aug and nothing has been done. By the way Al. I think I stopped at the Riviali, very Spanish, very clean and lovely happy people. How much did you pay per night please? If our place is not ready in April I will probably need to book in there

Ivygirl...I wasn't aware of the lack of kitchen units, and won't know until we see the place but if there are too few we would be interested in adding more.

Wills - Miguel Gallardo has reduced his fee from Ā£250 per person to Ā£190 dependant on how many clients he gets. I have asked him to confirm that this Ā£190 does include a English version of the Spanish will and am waiting for a reply.

Regards to all.............and I will chill

Mel
Hello Mel & John,

I think you are right in all you said. The delay of eight months is too much time. When i said that it was usual in Spain i was thinking about the houses that should have been given in December 05. I did not try to defend Fadesa at all, i think they should give an explanation about this delay, above all when it is of eight months. we both, my husband and i, did not have a very good meeting with them. We went to CE because we got an appointment by phone. it was so exciting! They told us that we could see our house to see the damages. we had to go there from Madrid by car, i know for almost you all this distance is very small, you go there from UK, but anyway is a long journey. When we arrived there, very happy, they told us, with a very good manners, that the person who gave us the appointment should be wrong because our house was not finished and besides that, he did not have the keys. We could see it through the windows but it was not the same. So we came back quite disillusioned. Nevertheless, I keep thinking that this delay is due to some other organism. I know people who bought a house having seen only the planes, and who never got them because the houses never were built that is why the being able to see the progress of CE, makes me not to be afraid, i know we are going to have our houses. But this does not make me to have a good impression of them.
Best regards,
marisol
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IVYGIRL
Just wondered if there were any other end townhouse buyers out there wondering what they're going to do about the lack of kitchen units supplied by the builder (I think its got something to do with that particular layout having two windows and two doors). Conforta seem to think that if enough people want extra units they can sort out a good deal with the supplier.
Hello Ivygirl, we have the same problem. When we saw the kitchen through the windows i thought there were not enough units. we also wanted to put some others. What should we do?, who do we have to talk to?.

regards,
marisol
Old Jan 30th 2006, 3:54 am
Marilyn

marilyn giles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Ivygirl, we have the same problem. When we saw the kitchen through the windows i thought there were not enough units. we also wanted to put some others. What should we do?, who do we have to talk to?.

regards,
marisol

When we did our snagging in November, I also mentioned about having additional units in our apartment and was told that when we complete, we would be handed a pack containing all the suppliers eg kitchen, paint colour, etc, etc and we would be able to contact them direct to order additional items. I wanted to have the paint colour in case anything is damaged while things are being delivered.

Marilyn
Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightbulb Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by marilyn giles
When we did our snagging in November, I also mentioned about having additional units in our apartment and was told that when we complete, we would be handed a pack containing all the suppliers eg kitchen, paint colour, etc, etc and we would be able to contact them direct to order additional items. I wanted to have the paint colour in case anything is damaged while things are being delivered.

Marilyn
Thanks Marilyn, it is good to know that we can order additional items and having the paint colour is a very good idea.
regards,
marisol
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Mary-Ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are new to this, but would love some advice on the Schools in Ayamonte. We are moving out to CE mid Feb, renting for a while while we look for house to buy. We have two children aged 7 & 4. We had planned for them to start Spanish state school, but was told at weekend that Ayamonte schools are not good. Can anyone reassure me?
Love to meet up with with you lucky ones that have already settled in.

Mary-Ann
Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:51 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mary-Ann
Hi,
We are new to this, but would love some advice on the Schools in Ayamonte. We are moving out to CE mid Feb, renting for a while while we look for house to buy. We have two children aged 7 & 4. We had planned for them to start Spanish state school, but was told at weekend that Ayamonte schools are not good. Can anyone reassure me?
Love to meet up with with you lucky ones that have already settled in.

Mary-Ann
I think if you move over to live and with your children aged between 4-7 they will adapt well to the Spanish educational system. In Ayamonte they have put a teacher on to help foreign students adapt and get up to speed in Spanish. Maybe their English teaching would not be up to what you expect but it would be their second language here.
There is a bilingual school( Entrepinos) just outside Huelva which some expats send their children to and reports are very good with the children taking a bus from Ayamonte square in the morning. I donĀ“t know the exact fees for this school.
Children are like sponges at that age and although the first three months will be hard on you all ,the rewards you are going to reap, especially your children are immense.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

We have ordered some sofas etc locally in Ayamonte, but are thinking about getting our beds and a few other bits from Ikea near Seville. I recall seeing something about van hire in Ayamonte some months ago on the forum. Can anyone remember what this was or has anyone organised this themselves already that would be happy to share the info.
We wont need actual physical help to move the stuff as our son and his friend will probably come out with us next time we go

thanks
Mike &Di
Old Jan 30th 2006, 9:23 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

Hi Mary-ann,
You are about 1-2 months in front of us re: moving out there. We have looked at number of schools in Ayamonte for our 4 and 6 year olds. We are quite happy with what is on offer for kids that age.

I agree with Michael I think after the initial upheaval they will settle fairly quickly.

I have sent you a PM to discuss further details.

Regards

Jag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.