Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Ned kelly
Hola Steve and Pat,
M4 is well behind schedule, it's a case of wait and see, do not book any flights and wait for Fadesa to get in touch- merry xmas-200?
Joking apart, completion has been knocked back, on this site, time after time, Fadesa just don't contact you, realistically we were hoping for July but are not holding our breath. We are going out there next week, using flights booked several months ago, and expected to make sure the interior was furnished and ready for occupation, instead, cannot even get access to the property to see what it's like inside, 'health and safety' apparently.
Rather than cancel the flights, decided to use them anyway, booked into local hotel and hopefully watch England do well.
Without making you feel dispondent, all will work out well, I'm sure.
Ned.
Hola Ned

Many thanks. It is as we thought - not a lot of information.

We are going out second week in July - flights booked some time ago - and will probably stay at a friend's apartment in Isla Canela. Will probably use the time to quiz people in the shed in person (not very successful by telephone; although Paula is always very pleasant and helpful) and wander around making notes about furniture and other packages to order once we get the go ahead.

Did plan to go out again in September - maybe by then!!!!!

Adios for now.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Congratulations Mike & Di!

jdr, you must love the frying pan heat! I heard the temperatures were soaring into the 40s in Galicia!

Maybe the mozzies will stay near the water if the heat continues?

Buenas noches!
Carol
36 in the shade now 1627
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:02 am
Just Joined

johnny 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone.
We took possession of our apartment in November 2005, and since this time have had problems with our boiler. It seems that we can only use one appliance at a time otherwise the boiler switches itself off and the water runs cold. We have fought with Fadesa over this issue and have heard every excuse you could possibly think of from their sales staff including "this is just the way it is in Spain" to "the wind is blowing out the pilot light" We have had to cancel people who have booked our apartment because the situation is so bad.
We have told Fadesa to replace the boiler after consulting with 3 plumbers who have given their expert opinion that the boilers fitted are as cheap as you can get and that they are just not of a big enough capacity to cope with the basic water demand.
We are now at the point of taking legal action against Fadesa and would be interested to know if anyone else out there is experiencing similar problems.
It may just be me being untrusting here but with all the excuses we have heard it would seem that there is some problem with the water supply anyway as this is the only service not yet connected and Fadesa are quite happy to foot everyones water bill.
Anybody out there about to take possession of their property I would seriously consider not doing so until the water issue is resolved as your property is basically useless to you without it.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnny 1
Hi Everyone.
We took possession of our apartment in November 2005, and since this time have had problems with our boiler. It seems that we can only use one appliance at a time otherwise the boiler switches itself off and the water runs cold. We have fought with Fadesa over this issue and have heard every excuse you could possibly think of from their sales staff including "this is just the way it is in Spain" to "the wind is blowing out the pilot light" We have had to cancel people who have booked our apartment because the situation is so bad.
We have told Fadesa to replace the boiler after consulting with 3 plumbers who have given their expert opinion that the boilers fitted are as cheap as you can get and that they are just not of a big enough capacity to cope with the basic water demand.
We are now at the point of taking legal action against Fadesa and would be interested to know if anyone else out there is experiencing similar problems.
It may just be me being untrusting here but with all the excuses we have heard it would seem that there is some problem with the water supply anyway as this is the only service not yet connected and Fadesa are quite happy to foot everyones water bill.
Anybody out there about to take possession of their property I would seriously consider not doing so until the water issue is resolved as your property is basically useless to you without it.
They are 'water heaters' not boilers as we know them in U.K. Not expensive to get a better one. Go and have a look at Leroy Merlin and get one fitted. surely this would be better than loosing your revenue.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi Bob,

Do you or anyone know if you can preorder items from Carrefour and, if so, how? My Spanish is unfortunately very limited (something I aim to improve) but we do have a multilingual friend who could draft an email if we knew the stock code for the electrical package that they offer.

I will take your advice on the utilities and contact Comforta.

Thanks again
Chris
Hi Chris,

Sorry, don't know if you can pre-order from Carrefour. If your Spanish is better than mine, you can try their Cartaya website at:

http://www.carrefour.es/hipermercado...s/cartaya.html

I found that the staff in the store knew very little English, but they did try their best to accommodate us, even wheeling out their best English speaking assistant. My Spanish needs a couple more years tuition before I get even close !

Hasta Luego
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the web address. Just had a quick look and followed the link to the Spanish equivalent of the Freeview box. I was amazed to see the price €269 for something I have paid between £20 and £60 in UK. For £60 I bought my daughter the best non recording box by Sony and for £20 the small Bush gizmo that plugs direct into the scart socket.

All of this is useless info though because I don't think I would want to watch much Spanish terrestial telivision. Must hunt around for the kitchen appliance packages and price compare those.

Regards,

John
Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Chris,

Sorry, don't know if you can pre-order from Carrefour. If your Spanish is better than mine, you can try their Cartaya website at:

http://www.carrefour.es/hipermercado...s/cartaya.html

I found that the staff in the store knew very little English, but they did try their best to accommodate us, even wheeling out their best English speaking assistant. My Spanish needs a couple more years tuition before I get even close !

Hasta Luego
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:56 am
Mark and Christine

Catcatita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again....

I know these have been posted many times (I now wish I had printed them off) but need to have the email addresses of
1. The shed
2. fadesa UK office
3. name & email address of Fadesa CEO

We have yet to complete on M7 & have flights booked for 24th June. If it was not for this brilliant forum and the fantastic information that you all share, we would be in the dark..(well as far as communication with fadesa goes, we are!).

I am at then end of "being patient" and this will be the 3rd fruitless trip that we will make.....no doubt when they are ready to go, they will want instant cash! No longer will it be "mañana, mañana".....which in the UK never comes!

So if someone could repost these ( I have tried to look back) I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Christine
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Hi All

A few weeks back somebody recommended a restaurant in Portugal on the N125. Have tried ploughing through the pages for the info but can't find it so will you please give us the name and directions again please. We are going out next week and would like to give it a try.

If anybody is staying in the Pueblo Andaluz between the 14th & 23rd June and would like to meet up give us a call.

Jean & John
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catcatita
Hello again....

I know these have been posted many times (I now wish I had printed them off) but need to have the email addresses of
1. The shed
2. fadesa UK office

We have yet to complete on M7 & have flights booked for 24th June. If it was not for this brilliant forum and the fantastic information that you all share, we would be in the dark..(well as far as communication with fadesa goes, we are!).

I am at then end of "being patient" and this will be the 3rd fruitless trip that we will make.....no doubt when they are ready to go, they will want instant cash! No longer will it be "mañana, mañana".....which in the UK never comes!

So if someone could repost these ( I have tried to look back) I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Christine
Email addys should not be posted because spammers love them.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jean&john
Hi All

A few weeks back somebody recommended a restaurant in Portugal on the N125. Have tried ploughing through the pages for the info but can't find it so will you please give us the name and directions again please. We are going out next week and would like to give it a try.

If anybody is staying in the Pueblo Andaluz between the 14th & 23rd June and would like to meet up give us a call.

Jean & John
Hi Jean & John
Mores the pity we aren't going over & sorry I can't help with the restaurant (haven't had time to do the nice things yet) but I Know you are also M7 so would appreciate any info on the opening of the pool. Have a wonderful time.
Kim
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catcatita
Hello again....

1. The shed
2. fadesa UK office

We have yet to complete on M7 & have flights booked for 24th June...
Hi Christine,
Have sent you a PM, but just realised that John&Kath and Billybassett have posted the fax numbers too. See page 136, posts #2026 and #2027.
Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve and Pat, and johnny 1 -
Welcome to the thread, and I hope you find a solution to the water heater problem. Is it the same as an immersion heater? Is there a guarantee with this equipment?

It feels like forever waiting for the completion stage - not to mention even the viewing stage! Roll on July...

Retail therapy required: does anyone know of a good shop locally for rattan furniture? Rattan - not cane. Thanks.

Hasta luego mis esurianos,
Carol
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by johnny 1
Hi Everyone.
If there is inadequate water pressure the gas valve will not open to heat the water.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi you guys,

For those of you lucky enough to be worrying about connections to utilities and such things I have been doing a little reading and research.

I have found that you can deal online with Endesa in English, the web address is: -

http://www.endesaonline.com/canal_co...l/default1.asp&

then click on the English tab top right. This allows you to sign up for electricity and gas.

Telefonica also has an online access point but the English web page is only for investment news but if your Spanish is up to it you can sign up for a service at: -

http://www.telefonica.es/

This site also deals with Movistar mobile phones and broadband internet connections.

Water and sewage is dealt with by Giasa who's head office for our area is in Cartaya their web address is:-

http://www.giasa.es/

but again as you would expect it is all in Spanish and seems to be a quasi public sector organisation. If you google translate their activity page you find they are a project management organisation who set technical standards and contract out the work giving technical oversight from their own resources. This may explain why they seem to be holding everything up!

Regards,

John.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Hi Jean & John
Mores the pity we aren't going over & sorry I can't help with the restaurant (haven't had time to do the nice things yet) but I Know you are also M7 so would appreciate any info on the opening of the pool. Have a wonderful time.
Kim

Hi Kim,

We were there at the end of May and there was no sign of the pool being opened. From reading a previous post I understand that they will only open the pools when 80% of the apartments are signed over.

Building has started on 131 villas which are situated between us and the very large car park at the entrance to the complex; they appear to be going down to the golf course.

Work was also progressing on the commercial site (the hole is getting bigger). We discovered at least another two commercial sites on our travels around CE.

They were also doing a bit of planting of shrubs and trees and generally tidying up M7 and the plaza type area to the right of the entrance to M7 looks very good. Each area has been given a name and the Pueblo Andaluz is C.R. Marina Esuri.

Will give you a further update when we get back.

Jean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.