Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 11th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hola Christine & Sam,
Goodness me, I'm spoiled for choice! This chat has been as rewarding as the real retail therapy itself - and, I've not spent a Euro (yet...!!)
John's watching the footie, so he doesn't have a clue what I've got planned for the holiday!!
Sam, how goes things with you & Benny? I hope the "homeless" description is not a reality?
All the best,
Carol
Old Jun 11th 2006, 5:38 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Catcatita
Hi,

from memory I think there are lots of linen,cotton, cloth type shops in Villa Real........but that was a while ago.
Mmmmm yes, there did seem to be a lot in Oct 04 when we stayed there, but haven't been back since. Do let us know "yes or no" as we were thinking of going there for some bits and pieces too.

Sharon
Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi again,
Last shopping question (for today..):
Anyone know of a super shop to buy lovely Portuguese towels and sheets? I know of a place in Tavira with lovely embroidery, but I'm looking for the "quality" economy range ( )
Thanks again,
Carol
Have you been to Villa Real. There are loads of shops there and the goods range from economy to very highest quality so depends what you want. I am sure you would find something to suit. The best shops tend to be at the top end of the square, from memory there a couple on the right hand side just past the post office. Happy shopping!
Regards Jan
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jean&john
Hi All

A few weeks back somebody recommended a restaurant in Portugal on the N125. Have tried ploughing through the pages for the info but can't find it so will you please give us the name and directions again please. We are going out next week and would like to give it a try.

If anybody is staying in the Pueblo Andaluz between the 14th & 23rd June and would like to meet up give us a call.

Jean & John
Hi Jean & John
The restaurant recommended may be called the INFANTE
If you take the Monte Gordo turn of the motorway you come to a cross roads it IS opposite,we went there the other night & we would certainly recommend it
Regards Chris
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Hi Bob and Carole
I am trying to arrange connection to services and it looks like we will do so through our solicitor, although we thought we had already done so since we completed in early May. Can you tell me how long it took for you to get the connection done. We are arriving on Friday and had expected to be connected by then. Is your gas heater adequate for normal hot water usage? Would appreciate any information about this - thank you
Jan
Hi Robin & Jan,

Our experiences of getting the services connected are outlined in a blog (diary), we have done of our first visit after completion in February, and our latest visit in June. I have still to write up our visit in April (when we finally got the gas connected). Overall it wasn't too bad, just took a bit of chasing.

The latest blog (June), also contains details of one of the Festivals, and the Guardiana boat trip, and a link to some additional photos we took during this visit. The link to the blogs is on my webpage at:

http://www.rjdawson.co.uk

We have found the gas heater to be fine for normal usage (4 adults). I did find it worked better when the thermostat was moved towards the (-) sign, rather than the (+) sign, which seems illogical, but maybe thats the way it works in Spain ! This followed a bit of experimentation with Carole turning on/off the taps in the kitchen, whilst I tried various settings

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobD

Hi Robin & Jan,

Our experiences of getting the services connected are outlined in a blog (diary), we have done of our first visit after completion in February, and our latest visit in June. I have still to write up our visit in April (when we finally got the gas connected). Overall it wasn't too bad, just took a bit of chasing.

The latest blog (June), also contains details of one of the Festivals, and the Guardiana boat trip, and a link to some additional photos we took during this visit. The link to the blogs is on my webpage at:

http://www.rjdawson.co.uk

We have found the gas heater to be fine for normal usage (4 adults). I did find it worked better when the thermostat was moved towards the (-) sign, rather than the (+) sign, which seems illogical, but maybe thats the way it works in Spain ! This followed a bit of experimentation with Carole turning on/off the taps in the kitchen, whilst I tried various settings

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that Carole, I will have a look. I am getting slightly worried nowe as we are going out on Friday - looks like we might have a camp stove and cold showers while we do some urgent chasing!! We have a similar water heater in our house in Portugal with the same consequences if you try to do too many things at once, so am not expecting too much from the so called boiler. Looking forward to staying in the apartment though after what seems a lifetime since we first decided to buy.
Regards
Jan
Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Andy watson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All
I just wondered how many people are affected by the fact that their patio doors open inwards instead of outwards!
We recently completed our snagging on our townhouse in manzana 2 (3 bed/3 storey), and amongst other things the main problems were that a window in one of the bathrooms overlapped the bath which meant that a shower screen could not be put up!
Damp was found in the lounge, and in one of the first floor bedrooms the patio doors open inwards and is positioned some 25/30cms from where it should be.
The result of this is that, to be fair to Fadesa they are moving the window in the bathroom, they have pulled up the first floor terrace to reseal it so that damp does not get through into the lounge, but they have said that the Fadesa contract states that changes may be made due to technical, commercial and/or legal reasons and that all patio doors must open inwards.
So now with the patio doors opening inwards, the wardrobe doors opening inwards, and the patio doors being in the wrong place it is not possible to have two single beds in the room and use both of the patio doors freely. We were told that we should put a double bed into the room which would create more space (this would not be suitable from a rental position).
Is anyone else experiencing these sort of problems where things seem to have built randomly rather that build to the plan?
And has anyone had these problems with patio doors and found any solutions!
We are perfectly happy to not complete until everything is sorted out.

Regards

Andrew
Old Jun 11th 2006, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

jean&john will become famous soon enoughjean&john will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi Jean & John
The restaurant recommended may be called the INFANTE
If you take the Monte Gordo turn of the motorway you come to a cross roads it IS opposite,we went there the other night & we would certainly recommend it
Regards Chris
Thanks for that Chris. We will certainly give it a try.

Jean
Old Jun 11th 2006, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Den H,

I would second your recommendation not from personal experience but from a number of recommendations we have had from Spaniards living in Ayamonte.

Your Photo's show two firsts 1 a swimmer in the pool doing a very passable crawl stroke and 2 that the grass looks like it could do with the first cut!

Regards,

John

Hi John & Kath

Thought we would email our solicitor Sunday for an update on our plot. Surprised to get an immediate reply this morning.

He has said that it will be at least another 2 months before paperwork/licence are in place for our plot. But he is quite confident that September all should be in order. Only 9 months late..

It does save us worrying about trying to get flights/accommodation at this busy time of year.

Have you had any updates on your plot?

Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:08 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Can anybody recommend an annual policy to cover excess damage waiver for car hire ? I have found a company www.insurance4carhire.com who charge £49 plus 5% tax = £51.45.............anything better ?

Is the pool open on M2 ?

Thanks

Mel
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Dantil,

No updates for us yet. We were out in February when we thought we might sign but nothing! We are going out again on Saturday for a week but have not been told anything so don't expect to move foreword on that front.

However since we have now been given information on site levels, sewer invert levels and plot boundary points our Architect is pressing on with the approvals procedure so for now it does not make much difference.

There is plenty for us to be getting on with and Ayamonte is the place we chose so it will be one more week in the bank for our knowledge of the town.

September would be a good time for us too. We think July and August would be just hot but another trip late September should be just fine.

I suppose when you think about it it is nothing short of amazing that since late 2003 apart from the 6 or so receipt flimsies we have received not one piece of paper from Fadesa and the only information we have had is when we have visited the shed to ask questions. They are truly appalling at communications.

Regards,

John
Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi John & Kath

Thought we would email our solicitor Sunday for an update on our plot. Surprised to get an immediate reply this morning.

He has said that it will be at least another 2 months before paperwork/licence are in place for our plot. But he is quite confident that September all should be in order. Only 9 months late..

It does save us worrying about trying to get flights/accommodation at this busy time of year.

Have you had any updates on your plot?

Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Returned yesterday from CE having enjoyed our second holiday this year in the apartment and having managed to complete all snagging. Don't expect to create a list and have everything done in your absence. We stayed in for a day and had washbasin replaced, tiles exchanged, roller shutter released, toiled unblocked and cystern repaired plus many other minor things. During this time we arranged for Olympia at Lepe to deliver and install our shower cubicle. This was all achieved as promised. The workmen were thorough, efficient and systematically worked their way through the list. Everything done to our complete satisfaction. For the benefit of those who doubt that progress is taking place I can report that the clubhouse and first hotel are well under way. There were three excavators constantly on the go every day removing more slate from the commercial center site. Sprinklers are throwing out the UK's national shortage of water over plants and grass alike day and night. The palmtrees were unwrapped to allow the foilage to open up all along the road by the Rago2's. Take a look at these latest pictures.

Satelite dishes are being installed starting at Block 10 with a dish on each portal on top of the liftshaft. I will be posting later tonight the announcement inviting Satellite subscription that is on the utilities doors in each block.

1. Entrance to Block 10
2. Planting of cedar trees opposite Block10
3. Unwrapping the palm tree foilage.
4. Roadside Blocks 4-8
5. The pool at Block10
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-1..jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2..jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-3.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-4.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-5..jpg  

Last edited by Graham G; Jun 12th 2006 at 3:21 am.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Yet more pictures for the golfers.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-6.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-7.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-8.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-9.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-10.jpg  

Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:07 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graham

Thank you - yet again - for great pics. I have one from your last batch on my computer screen at work, the one of Laguna Sq with all the flowers in the foreground. Cheers me up no end.

Glad to hear that work is progressing there and that Fadesa seem to be coming up trumps with snagging, seems 8/10 for that and (see John and Kath's last post ) 0/10 for communication. Althought I do have to say Paula does (eventually) reply to my emails.

Ta !!

Mel
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

This is the pool area behind Block 5. Plenty of kids having fun and the gardening is looking good too. Grass has been cut and borders weeded.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dvc00021.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dvc00022.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dvc00023.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-dvc00025.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.