Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi Graham

Thank you - yet again - for great pics. I have one from your last batch on my computer screen at work, the one of Laguna Sq with all the flowers in the foreground. Cheers me up no end.

Glad to hear that work is progressing there and that Fadesa seem to be coming up trumps with snagging, seems 8/10 for that and (see John and Kath's last post ) 0/10 for communication. Althought I do have to say Paula does (eventually) reply to my emails.

Ta !!

Mel

Hi Mel

guess what? I use the same screensaver too

Graham
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graham G,

The third shot of the Palm tree being unwrapped shows a different attitude to H&S than UK the chap is just swinging in the basket. I think they wrap them to allow time for the roots to take hold since if the foliage was unfurled the tree would move with the wind and could topple!

The shot of the pool looks to have been taken on a good day and the paths are all wet so your comment about watering day and night holds true but I thought you should not water when the sun was up because it would scald the plants.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by Graham G
The palmtrees were unwrapped to allow the foilage to open up all along the road by the Rago2's. Take a look at these latest pictures.

Satelite dishes are being installed starting at Block 10 with a dish on each portal on top of the liftshaft. I will be posting later tonight the announcement inviting Satellite subscription that is on the utilities doors in each block.

1. Entrance to Block 10
2. Planting of cedar trees opposite Block10
3. Unwrapping the palm tree foilage.
4. Roadside Blocks 4-8
5. The pool at Block10
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Graham G,

The third shot of the Palm tree being unwrapped shows a different attitude to H&S than UK the chap is just swinging in the basket. I think they wrap them to allow time for the roots to take hold since if the foliage was unfurled the tree would move with the wind and could topple!

The shot of the pool looks to have been taken on a good day and the paths are all wet so your comment about watering day and night holds true but I thought you should not water when the sun was up because it would scald the plants.

Regards,

John.

Too right , watering in the heat during the day is not advised, as you say it scorches the plants and evaporates before doing any good early morning or late evening is best.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Satelite dishes are being installed starting at Block 10 with a dish on each portal on top of the liftshaft. I will be posting later tonight the announcement inviting Satellite subscription that is on the utilities doors in each block.

Grupo AEA Administration.

Satellite Dishes for Vista Esuri

A considerable number of owners have shown interest in viewing digital channels in their properties via satellite dishes. Owners are reminded that it is prohibited in the statutes to install dishes on the exterior of the building. The following option is available:-

The Company Security Satellite Solutions S.L. have proposed to install dishes (1 Sky + 1 Digital dish ASTRA) on each block permitting viewing of channels in all desired properties. This installation will be supported by those owners wishing to view UK and other Digital TV and will require a digi-box inside their property and connecting to the Communal Dishes.

Owners interested in this opportunity and to obtain further information should indicate a positive response to this office to enable the administration to obtain the best possible quotation.

Please send fax or email response to:-

AEA Administration Fax 959-471576

Email to:- [email protected]

I do not know what the prices are yet but cabling has already been drawn up through the portals. Block 10 which is mainly English owned is planned to be the first in the hope for the greatest uptake. The installers are English guys.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:52 am
B&P
Just Joined

B&P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andy watson
Hello All
I just wondered how many people are affected by the fact that their patio doors open inwards instead of outwards!
We recently completed our snagging on our townhouse in manzana 2 (3 bed/3 storey), and amongst other things the main problems were that a window in one of the bathrooms overlapped the bath which meant that a shower screen could not be put up!
Damp was found in the lounge, and in one of the first floor bedrooms the patio doors open inwards and is positioned some 25/30cms from where it should be.
The result of this is that, to be fair to Fadesa they are moving the window in the bathroom, they have pulled up the first floor terrace to reseal it so that damp does not get through into the lounge, but they have said that the Fadesa contract states that changes may be made due to technical, commercial and/or legal reasons and that all patio doors must open inwards.
So now with the patio doors opening inwards, the wardrobe doors opening inwards, and the patio doors being in the wrong place it is not possible to have two single beds in the room and use both of the patio doors freely. We were told that we should put a double bed into the room which would create more space (this would not be suitable from a rental position).
Is anyone else experiencing these sort of problems where things seem to have built randomly rather that build to the plan?
And has anyone had these problems with patio doors and found any solutions!
We are perfectly happy to not complete until everything is sorted out.

Regards

Andrew
Will send you a PM - there are others who have highlighted this problem.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 7:49 am
Just Joined

jsavitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Cycling In Ayamonte

My wife and I are keen cyclists. We were not very impressed with the local Ayamonte bike shop in terms of choice and prices. Are there any other bike shops in the area, say in Leppe or Huelva, that people can recommend?

Also is it easy to locate the superstore Leroy Merlin in Huelva? Directions would be appreciated.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

robinandjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jsavitt
Cycling In Ayamonte

My wife and I are keen cyclists. We were not very impressed with the local Ayamonte bike shop in terms of choice and prices. Are there any other bike shops in the area, say in Leppe or Huelva, that people can recommend?

Also is it easy to locate the superstore Leroy Merlin in Huelva? Directions would be appreciated.
There is a great bike shop in Tavira in Portugal.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Graham

many thanks for the great pictures and all the further information. Good to hear some progress at last on the golf club house and first Hotel. Did you hear when the golf course in front of you may be ready? any greens on this one yet?

We are leaving this Thursday and should be there sometime Sunday....car full of stuff!!

will also take a few more pics to keep everyone updated. Hope we have some electricity/water when we arrive. We have stocked up with candles just in case

Mike & Di

Originally Posted by Graham G

Grupo AEA Administration.

Satellite Dishes for Vista Esuri

A considerable number of owners have shown interest in viewing digital channels in their properties via satellite dishes. Owners are reminded that it is prohibited in the statutes to install dishes on the exterior of the building. The following option is available:-

The Company Security Satellite Solutions S.L. have proposed to install dishes (1 Sky + 1 Digital dish ASTRA) on each block permitting viewing of channels in all desired properties. This installation will be supported by those owners wishing to view UK and other Digital TV and will require a digi-box inside their property and connecting to the Communal Dishes.

Owners interested in this opportunity and to obtain further information should indicate a positive response to this office to enable the administration to obtain the best possible quotation

Please send fax or email response to:-

AEA Administration Fax 959-471576

Email to:- [email protected]

I do not know what the prices are yet but cabling has already been drawn up through the portals. Block 10 which is mainly En
glish owned is planned to be the first in the hope for the greatest uptake. The installers are English guys.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsavitt
...Also is it easy to locate the superstore Leroy Merlin in Huelva? Directions would be appreciated.
Hi there,
Have you looked at: http://www.leroymerlin.es/mpng2-fron...va_-_Aljaraque
Didn't realise it would be this long!
Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robinandjan
Have you been to Villa Real... Happy shopping!
Regards Jan
Hola Jan,
Thanks again Jan & everyone for the Vila Real tips on shopping and restaurants!

Hola BobD,
Just read BobD's blog for June - well done Bob & Carole! I see you've had some happy shopping sprees on the other side of the river, too. The boat trip sounds great!
May I ask if Rago apartment owners have found the situation with the patio doors (opening inwards, rather than sliding) problematic? Thanks.

Hola Andrew (Andy watson)
re: doors. Yes, this is a nuisance, especially if it effects all designs (townhouses, apartments, duplexes). Have a look at the thread Costa Esuri Duplex Problem (scroll back a page on the Spain forum) for more information.

Hola Graham G,
You are a star yet again with your photos! You know you are!
Are these trees cedars or poplars? I think they have to unwrap the fronds of the palm trees, so that they do sway in the breeze, and then set down better root systems (also searching for more water below the surface). In the winter, with the rains, an immature root system would allow for the tree to topple over in the red mud. (I've been watching Beechgrove Garden!) I could be completely wrong...

Hasta manana mis esurianos,
Carol
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola Jan,
Hola BobD,
Just read BobD's blog for June - well done Bob & Carole! I see you've had some happy shopping sprees on the other side of the river, too. The boat trip sounds great!
May I ask if Rago apartment owners have found the situation with the patio doors (opening inwards, rather than sliding) problematic? Thanks.

Hasta manana mis esurianos,
Carol
Hi Carol & John,

Carole has the happy shopping sprees, I just pay the bills !

Can't say the we have found the patio doors to be a problem. It would be better if they were sliding, but they don't take too much room by opening inwards. If you look at our photos of the settee in the lounge, I did notice during the last visit that the 'handle' to unlock and open the left hand door (which sticks out a bit) could catch on the arm, but just moving the settee back a few inches should sort this problem.

We have arranged for mosquito fly-screens to be fitted before our next visit to CE, so I will report on the results. We have chosen vertical screens for the bedrooms, but horizontal screens for the lounge and utility room. The logic here is that we will be frequently going in and out of the lounge/utility room to the terrace, so want the opening/closing of the screens to be as easy as possible.

Hasta Luego
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few photos from our trip in early May - slightly belated, I'm afraid.

1. General view of Rago 1
2. Close-up view of Rago 1 Bloque 1
3. Rago 1 from further away - near RVA 1 2nd phase townhouses, well under way (photos in next posting). Car park and hill on right is Rago 5 - presumably they are going to level this considerably in order to build? Large hole with pond liner in foreground is presumably an artificial water feature for the golf course.
4. Rago 1 wall, much admired in the past by John & Kath !
5. Golf 1
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may13.jpeg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may15.jpeg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may20.jpeg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may18.jpeg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may22.jpeg  

Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

I think photos 1 and 2 show the RVA1 second phase town houses but I'm not 100% sure.

Photo 3 is strictly for golfers but proves (just about) that you get good views of C.E. from Castro Marim golf course. (and yes, she did get it on the green in spite of being photographed - closer to the pin than mine....)
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may12.jpeg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may16.jpeg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III-2006may-b-15.jpeg  
Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BobD
...Can't say the we have found the patio doors to be a problem. It would be better if they were sliding, but they don't take too much room by opening inwards. If you look at our photos of the settee in the lounge...
Thanks Bob,
Your photos of the showroom apartment reminded me of the white UPVC/aluminium doors. It seems that the rago apartments were to have inward opening doors anyway? I guess this would allow for you to have more terrace space. The rago apartments do look nice, with either white or brown doors.

Thanks A & M for the recent photos. Had a quick glimpse at the river shot again. Truly beautiful, and the olive trees on the Portuguese side are fascinating with their pattern on the landscape. The rago apartments are looking good!

Buenas noches y hasta manana,
Carol
Old Jun 12th 2006, 7:19 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Bob

Thanks for the mozzie screen info, we are keen to have these up asap. Who is doing yours please ?

Thanks Mel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.