Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Wikiposts

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Den H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Good point anyone know were the nearest ski run is and how far by road?

Never tried it but might like to one day.

Dennis and Gill
Originally Posted by tednsharon
Thanks, but I like the idea that I can choose to visit the mountains or plains or stay where I am in Ayamonte ... hopefully in the sunshine!

Sharon
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

paula.davitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

has anyone that is so hot with all these photos got any of Rava 4 manzana 6. we went in feb and the road outside was laid, the pool was in and it looked like the landscaping was developing - but would love to know where they are upto.

we are definately coming out in late july but were thinking of doing may. the prices to faro in may half term are outrageous ( has anyone else found that) so as yet we are unsure - however would love to know how things are going

regards

paula
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Please! I have lived in the region for around 4 years and visited it for over 20 years. For at least 15 years I have known of English speaking solicitors in Ayamonte. I can think of more than one I would not trust.

MJ may well have posted hoping for business but I have to tell you they are spot on with their advice despite quoting Mark Stucklin as Mark Stickling!

I would actually go further than they do and warn against using a Solicitor recommended by a Real Estate here as many have "arrangements".

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi
I dont think that there is so much a ''dodgy'' solicitor in Ayamonte. I think it is more a little ''Envy'' from someone who is trying to break into the market and finding that one solicitor is getting most of the business.
6 years ago there wasn't an English speaking solicitor in Ayamonte. When Moron Pendras saw the potential and opened an office in Ayamonte, Pelayo was working on his own, we first met him when the reception office was being created out of a bathroom! there were workmen and dust everywhere!!
Now look at the size of the business!! to be there first is always an advantage
but also a gamble. They took it. Good look to them!!
I am sure they can handle a bit of healthy competition, which will also be good to give people a choice. There is plenty of opportunity in Ayamonte!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paula.davitt
has anyone that is so hot with all these photos got any of Rava 4 manzana 6. we went in feb and the road outside was laid, the pool was in and it looked like the landscaping was developing - but would love to know where they are upto.

we are definately coming out in late july but were thinking of doing may. the prices to faro in may half term are outrageous ( has anyone else found that) so as yet we are unsure - however would love to know how things are going

regards

paula
Hi Paula,

If you can use Stanstead (Ryanair) or Gatwick (BA) try going into Seville. I got my folks return flights with BA for £65 per person for End July by booking early.

We have the same issue, 2 kids in holidays = ££££'s more than usual when it comes to flights etc. We are also considering flying into Jerez - anyone done the trip Jerez - Ayamonte recently? How long did it take? Easy road?

Cheers,

Matt
Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Jerez Airport to Ayamonte takes about 3.5 hours if you keep to the speed limits and around 2.5 hours if you don't.
Best
Loco

Originally Posted by matt begley
Hi Paula,

If you can use Stanstead (Ryanair) or Gatwick (BA) try going into Seville. I got my folks return flights with BA for £65 per person for End July by booking early.

We have the same issue, 2 kids in holidays = ££££'s more than usual when it comes to flights etc. We are also considering flying into Jerez - anyone done the trip Jerez - Ayamonte recently? How long did it take? Easy road?

Cheers,

Matt
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Loco
Please! I have lived in the region for around 4 years and visited it for over 20 years. For at least 15 years I have known of English speaking solicitors in Ayamonte. I can think of more than one I would not trust.

MJ may well have posted hoping for business but I have to tell you they are spot on with their advice despite quoting Mark Stucklin as Mark Stickling!

I would actually go further than they do and warn against using a Solicitor recommended by a Real Estate here as many have "arrangements".

Best

Loco
All I can say is that we tried 6 years ago to find an English Speaking Solicitor and could not find one. We were more successful 2 years ago and went ahead and bought an apartment. We are happy with the work they did for their money, we couldn't have done it ourselves and I also think it would have involved extra trips over which would have cost almost as much as the solicitor. No one at the Estate Agent or the Builder spoke English so we would have had to have an interpreter. Pelayo and his staff did all that for us we are well satisfied.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Matt Begly,

Never flown into Jerez but have travelled down to Conil several times and the motorway from Seville to Jerez is tolled so not to much traffic and if you get a hurry up on is very quick. Round Seville on the motorway depends on the time of day and can be dire at peak commuter periods (not sure when that is with the Spanish working day). Then west toward Ayamonte is usually quiet after Bollusos. My estimate of a good run at quieter times for Jerez/Ayamonte is 2 hours.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by matt begley
Hi Paula,

Cheers,

Matt
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi paula.davitt,

We have found that the prices to Faro have increased by about £10 this year. Our departure airport of choice is Luton and a number of airlines fly the Luton/Faro route and all seem to have increased prices so I presume that it is the oil price rise. We have also used Coventry and East Midlands to Faro, prices and flight times much the same. Our preferred airline is Easyjet Luton/Faro.

Our best bargain has been Stansted to Seville with Ryanair £1 out £3 back (plus taxes) but it is an hour minimum at this end to Stansted which cancels out the early morning fight but the afternoon departure works OK. You arrive in Seville after the rush hour so the Seville/Ayamonte journey is a breeze. From the airport parking lot to the entrance to CE is 75 minutes if you drive like a bat out of hell so its no way as convenient as Faro and you are a bit late for English dinner time but spot on for Spain.

The flight returns at 20.30 so you get a full day in Spain at the other end and you can be home (for us) by midnight.

Regards,

John

Originally Posted by paula.davitt

regards

paula

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Mar 18th 2006 at 7:13 am.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Den H
Good point anyone know were the nearest ski run is and how far by road?
Hi Dennis and Gill,
Nor do I ski, but a google search of "esqui espana" reveals some interesting information/maps/webcam pics...
Nearest ski run, I think, would be Sierra Nevada (Granada province), or maybe Serra de Estrela, in Northeast Portugal. I'm wondering if the Sierra Morena, or even the Sierra Sur are more hills than mountains...? Anybody know of any practice slopes nearer to Ayamonte?
Come the summer, I'll travel by that area and find out!
Regards,
Carol
Old Mar 18th 2006, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by olivia
All I can say is that we tried 6 years ago to find an English Speaking Solicitor and could not find one. We were more successful 2 years ago and went ahead and bought an apartment. We are happy with the work they did for their money, we couldn't have done it ourselves and I also think it would have involved extra trips over which would have cost almost as much as the solicitor. No one at the Estate Agent or the Builder spoke English so we would have had to have an interpreter. Pelayo and his staff did all that for us we are well satisfied.

Olivia

Our sentiments entirely. Pelayo was recommended to us by friends who had already been dealing with his firm for 18 months since committing to their property at CE off plan. Although his was one of the practices suggested by the estate agent, our friend’s experiences over that period influenced our decision to go with MP Solicitors. We completed on our apartment early in February with minimal fuss. We put our trust in Pelayo and together with his approachable and friendly English speaking team delivered as promised on time and to our complete satisfaction.

Why do the big boys get bigger? Only because they give a quality service, value for money and people speak well about them to others with a similar need.

Graham & Sandra
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi thought this might be of interest to one and all. Found a web site called wikipedia and it says that Esuri was the Latin name during Roman times for Castro Marim. Not sure whether this means the town or area. Maybe someone can come up with further info. Regards Mike
Old Mar 19th 2006, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi thought this might be of interest to one and all. Found a web site called wikipedia and it says that Esuri was the Latin name during Roman times for Castro Marim. Not sure whether this means the town or area. Maybe someone can come up with further info. Regards Mike
We were told that Ayamonte once was part of Portugal and was called Esuri. Spain fought a battle to get it back. I think there is a plaque at the Parador which might relate to this.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:17 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi paula.davitt,

We have found that the prices to Faro have increased by about £10 this year. Our departure airport of choice is Luton ........

Regards,

John
Hi everybody

I'm heading out in April to do my snag, and was wondering if anyone knew about the UK school holiday start/end dates around Easter...

My guess is that lots will be out there then - the prices will be bumped (including the hotels) and also getting access to Fadesa folk might be more difficult... so I may avoid this period.

Re Jerez, though I havent flown into the airport and then onto the motorway, Ive driven past it on the way to CE and when I did it it was an easy run moroway all the way... about 3 hours, Id reckon, from the mororway junction.

Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 19th 2006, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

widgey77 is an unknown quantity at this point

School Easter break is 7th - 24th April.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi everybody
I'm heading out in April to do my snag, and was wondering if anyone knew about the UK school holiday start/end dates around Easter...
Jon
Hi Jon,
School holidays for Easter in my area are from 1st April until 17th April inclusive. Easter Sunday is on 16th April. The holiday dates may differ from private school vs public school, region to region, country to country, etc...
Carol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.