Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

LOL.

night ic - why do I always want to call you sticky icky. thats wrong isnt it.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:32 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
LOL.

night ic - why do I always want to call you sticky icky. thats wrong isnt it.
very
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

SinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really niceSinkingShip is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I think my OH may have a few words for me....

EA just phoned to say the 2 developers weren't interested. But the one who came a few weeks back is, but can't proceed for another 3 months....

So I asked her advice and she said a significant reduction and offersover would be the way to go. So I reduced the price by..... £100K yes one hundred thousand pounds... I feel sick. It is offers over and that was the auction reserve price, so haven't lost anything really, but it is real money we put in as deposit and work we have done to the house. (We only bought 3 years ago for more than it is on the market for now...)

I also reduced the flat by another £10k and she is going to advertise it as bargain of the week, must be sold etc....

F word, I feel sick, £110K in one phone call, that would buy a house in Adelaide....
Mortgage Interest rates now are higher than they were 3 years ago. We are in the throes of a credit crunch where LTVs are lower than they were 3 years ago. We seem to live in an economy where there is little or no wage inflation for people in the private sector. Why did you think your house was worth 100k more than it was 3 years ago. Where I live prices are about the same as they were 3 years ago - I wouldn't be expecting to make a profit on property over the last 3 years unless, of course, you are in the right parts of London.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:36 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JPSUPERHOOPER
just had a viewing.....................please.............ple ase...........PLEASE......
We'll make it a mantra, please uhm please uhm please uhm, I can use some of it myself to, so here we go...1...2....3.........good luck!!

Originally Posted by mancfamily
We've got our first viewing on Monday!
Hoover out, windows clean, everything visible stowed away , good luck with your first viewing

Originally Posted by dinky2
Well, if I've not bored you all enough already, here's the latest in our selling saga!

Apparently, despite having planning permission for our conservatory, we also need the landlords permission, despite the fact that that is the same borough council that granted the planning permission
It can all be solved with indeminity insurance at a cost of £270If the buyers solicitor accepts that, we are ready to exchange If not, we have to apply retrospectively which will take weeks:curse: So fingers crossed they accept it.

All of this pales into insignificance next to the fact that the buyers rang me today and are still really keen! Really relieved as was worried sick that they would pull out after all the bad press
Pfew, I'm glad they rang you so you know they still are eager to buy your house

Originally Posted by steveandtina
You have been a busy lot today just had to scan though post as I will be here all night haha. The 1st posts I notice is IC and TUM are lap dancing what is going on there?

Why don't you join us, we've got our business plans laid out for the best club in town

Dinky2 and Fly What can I say bloody nightmares just for trying to sell a house.

Notice new EA for some good luck with those.

Our 3rd viewers had to cancel but are coming tomorrow don't know how I'll keep this house tidy till then

What else was there so many posts?minds gone blank and not even had a drink YET sorry just say good luck and chin up I'm off to open my bubbly cheers to you all.

Tina x

Oh yes look just got to 1000 post (still a virgin poster compared to you lot)
Congrats on your 1000 post
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SinkingShip
Mortgage Interest rates now are higher than they were 3 years ago. We are in the throes of a credit crunch where LTVs are lower than they were 3 years ago. We seem to live in an economy where there is little or no wage inflation for people in the private sector. Why did you think your house was worth 100k more than it was 3 years ago. Where I live prices are about the same as they were 3 years ago - I wouldn't be expecting to make a profit on property over the last 3 years unless, of course, you are in the right parts of London.
Why wouldn't her house be worth more in 3 years?

I bought mine 3 years ago and its gone up loads and we don't live in the 'right parts of London'.

Happy cleaning to all with viewings today

FLY- I hope your viewers today put in a offer that knocks the socks off the other one. Think of you

Tina x
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:08 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't her house be worth more in 3 years?

I bought mine 3 years ago and its gone up loads and we don't live in the 'right parts of London'.

Happy cleaning to all with viewings today

FLY- I hope your viewers today put in a offer that knocks the socks off the other one. Think of you

Tina x
Morning Tina , i'll echo what you said .

good luck all
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Icarus
Morning Tina , i'll echo what you said .

good luck all

Thank you, busy this morning trying to thing of a poem hard when your blonde

How was the DVD didn't get up in the night with nightmares did you?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:16 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Thank you, busy this morning trying to thing of a poem hard when your blonde

How was the DVD didn't get up in the night with nightmares did you?
blonde you say ..

hey i didn;t watch it in the end , i'll try tonight as i'm not out any place .

i wouldn't let the poem thing bother you too much , i usually have to get help with mine & this time round i've not done any
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Icarus
blonde you say ..

hey i didn;t watch it in the end , i'll try tonight as i'm not out any place .

i wouldn't let the poem thing bother you too much , i usually have to get help with mine & this time round i've not done any

Well almost blonde the top bit dont match the rest but thats what I get for living with a hairdresser
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:22 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Well almost blonde the top bit dont match the rest but thats what I get for living with a hairdresser
lol ,

it looks cold out , i don't like it
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:50 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Off out today but just wanted to say good luck to everyone with viewings and FA am thinking of you and crossing everything.

Nicky xx
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Yeah best of luck Fly - hope you sort the bas****
Dtp
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SinkingShip
Hi

We live in the South West and there has been very little growth on house prices in 3 years here, so same as you with that.

However, I know of friends around the country who are still making about 10 - 15% on their house sales, which is not a bad return for three years in the current market, IMHO.

So it does vary depending on where you live and just how much someone wants your house, in our house, there are dozens of similar houses for sale, which makes it easy for buyers to pick and choose, and get lower prices too.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WITH VIEWERS TODAY

Sam
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:55 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hey everyone

well, chris and i had a long discussion last night about our prospects and I happened to mention something that fly suggested last week.

we are now wondering if we should consider buying a property from a person who is interested in buying our hosue, which would give us a property here with a very small mortgage, we would then rent that property out and release some of the equity to start our life in oz ------ yeah sound f***ing easy doesnt it
anyone else considering doing something like this, i must admit I would never have thought about this until I read it on here. its risky, but its something we are now gong to look into.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well my viewer didn't bother to turn up today:curse: the same woman cancelled yesterday 20 minutes before she was due:curse:

She lives up the road from me think I might go and smash her windows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.