Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:56 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Amanda&Phil
Hi peeps

Yes we are still alive I see some still havent sold !!! we are in our flat settled now off to oz tomorrow for a 3 weeks break then for good in dec ekkkk

wondering which part we are allowed to go through at perth airport with passports the oz bit or visitors anyone know ?

Thanks

Amanda
You just go through the normal passport control for visitors. You only go through there if you're a citizen.

Also don't expect any fanfare - when we validated I was expecting something exciting. Even when I told the man at passport control he didn't even look up, but he did say welcome to Australia.

Oh well

Janine
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by spaceys
Dont despair we do all feel the same. I am flying in less than 6 weeks now and am going to have to leave house to sell. Have just dropped price for the 3rd time so fingers crossed
Hi all, thought I would join this thread too. we fly in just over one week and still not sold. we have had loads of viewings, one couple interested but not sold theirs so not much good really. I would rather let it out for a year than leave it empty til it sells (empty property insurance is extortionate) or drop the price. We cant afford to cover the rent in Oz and mortgage here so not much choice really. Cant be the price thats the issue otherwise we wouldn;t get people thru the door would we??
I know its risky letting, but we have done it before and its a case of needs must
EA...dont, overheard mine showing around one couple and used the word 'squeeze' when referring to the smallest bedroom and getting a double bed in it...f*ing squeeze, what ever happend to "yeh that will fit easy" & compact and bijout, who exactly do they work for again???
Sorry, rant over.
these forums do really help to know that we are not alone in this sh1te game

Good luck to all selling...

Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Just spoke to EA (read imbecile) he says he has just chased our Buyer..apparently the card they used to pay for survey was declined and barclays didnt tell them:curse: so was paid for again on monday....the wait continues. I said they have till Tuesday for some progress or its going back on the market.
Go Hayles, Go Hayles!!

You tell them girl! hopefully the buyers will get their finger out now. It sounds like they are pretty stupid.

I hope you feel better now you have issued an ultimatum! When the baby wakes up, take her out for a walk and get yourself a treat.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:02 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Hi all, thought I would join this thread too. we fly in just over one week and still not sold. we have had loads of viewings, one couple interested but not sold theirs so not much good really. I would rather let it out for a year than leave it empty til it sells (empty property insurance is extortionate) or drop the price. We cant afford to cover the rent in Oz and mortgage here so not much choice really. Cant be the price thats the issue otherwise we wouldn;t get people thru the door would we??
I know its risky letting, but we have done it before and its a case of needs must
EA...dont, overheard mine showing around one couple and used the word 'squeeze' when referring to the smallest bedroom and getting a double bed in it...f*ing squeeze, what ever happend to "yeh that will fit easy" & compact and bijout, who exactly do they work for again???
Sorry, rant over.

Welcome Wolfman

This is the mad house and all those that enter do so at their own risk

We all know where you're coming from

Janine
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Wolfman;5964283]Hi all, thought I would join this thread too. we fly in just over one week and still not sold. we have had loads of viewings, one couple interested but not sold theirs so not much good really. I would rather let it out for a year than leave it empty til it sells (empty property insurance is extortionate) or drop the price. We cant afford to cover the rent in Oz and mortgage here so not much choice really. Cant be the price thats the issue otherwise we wouldn;t get people thru the door would we??
Sorry, rant over.

Hi Wolfman.

Best of luck with it all. it really does end up as needs must and prioritising doesnt it.

karma coming to you. xxx
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, rant over.

Welcome to the WPHS thread. Yes it is all sh!te this house selling business. At least there are some laughs and support on this thread. Otherwise we would all go potty.

Good luck with your sale / renting out. It is a hard decision to take but when nyou are in Oz, it will all be worth it.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:10 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

good luck guys

Sorry, rant over.

Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Hi All

We thought we be over there by now

BUT THIS HOUSE SELLING BUSINESS

IS PANTS
:curse::curse:

Had to have a moan!!!!!!!

Angiek
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:14 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angiek
Hi All

IS PANTS

Angiek
moan away...
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by angiek
Hi All

IS PANTS

Angiek

Hi Angie - PMSL - how true! How are you? Apart from P'd off that is?? I'd be majorly impatient if I was you too.

The good news is I saw 2 houses go up as 'sold' today in Cardiff that have been on the market as long as us (9 months). Things must be starting to happen. Fingers crossed you get a buyer really soon.

See you on Sunday.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:33 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh my word. What a time you went through. Your Oh sounds a wonderful bloke. So unfair that he got that blasted illness. I hope that you can all get out to Oz together. Are all your kids and your sister's kids on the visa application? Or would they have to apply as adults?

I tell you, you deserve some good luck soon. I'm sure it will come your way. Hope the EA has some good news for you.

We haven't heard anything yet and I'm trying not to bank on anything.
Yes he is a good guy and considering we didn't get any money from their fathers he had to support them all too.

Only my youngest could be put on our visa as he is in college. My older two, one is going out on WHV to start with and the other has just got her PR visa with boyfriend. Sisters kids - oldest can't come and youngest that wants to come is now studying hairdressing so will look at a way of getting her out there later, middle one lives in Birmingham now with girlfriend so is not looking to come.

BTW our EA came round and thinks a great idea for stamp duty being paid and is putting it in the paper again with that on. He reckons that nothing much is moving, especially in our price band. Says there are sort of 3 bands, the under 400k, 400-1million, and then the over 1 million. The first and last band are selling but nothing in between, typical.

Nicky x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:44 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, rant over.

Hi and welcome Wolfman
I can still imagine being on here next year moaning. I think the renting thing may be a good option if not sold soon. Would you come back in a year to put back on the market again?

Nicky x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:45 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wolfman......we may also be going to Oz without having sold the house too
Hayles.....stick it back on the market anyway......may give your buyer a kick up the ass to hurry things along.
No news my end still......but hey, that satellite didn't hit my house when it entered the atmosphere
Beth x x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nickywes
Yes he is a good guy and considering we didn't get any money from their fathers he had to support them all too.

Only my youngest could be put on our visa as he is in college. My older two, one is going out on WHV to start with and the other has just got her PR visa with boyfriend. Sisters kids - oldest can't come and youngest that wants to come is now studying hairdressing so will look at a way of getting her out there later, middle one lives in Birmingham now with girlfriend so is not looking to come.

BTW our EA came round and thinks a great idea for stamp duty being paid and is putting it in the paper again with that on. He reckons that nothing much is moving, especially in our price band. Says there are sort of 3 bands, the under 400k, 400-1million, and then the over 1 million. The first and last band are selling but nothing in between, typical.

Nicky x
Typical! I suppose if you can afford a house more than a million, you wouldn't be worried about the housing market and people in the lower band have to move house. Which just leaves the middle band where people have to get big mortgages, so they are very cautious.

So glad to hear that your brood are all settled and those that want to come to Oz are coming. At least you won't be lonely over there and the others will be out to visit and maybe you can persuade them to stay too...

Good luck with the advert. Hope you can attract some viewers in with the stamp duty thing. I am watching carefully.

Originally Posted by nickywes
Hi and welcome Wolfman
I can still imagine being on here next year moaning. I think the renting thing may be a good option if not sold soon. Would you come back in a year to put back on the market again?

Nicky x

Oh God, don't even imagine being here next year....
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi Wolfman......we may also be going to Oz without having sold the house too
Hayles.....stick it back on the market anyway......may give your buyer a kick up the ass to hurry things along.
No news my end still......but hey, that satellite didn't hit my house when it entered the atmosphere
Beth x x
Hiya Beth,

I did wonder if it fell on your house whether you would be able to say it was a wreck and claim the value in insurance and then sell your story to the tabloids - "My Satellite Hell" for some £Ks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.