Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by funshine
Hi Everyone - found us on page 7! Hope you are all well - only 6 working days for me - got all our stuff down from the loft on the weekend - didn't realise how much we had up there - now for the sorting!
We got all ours down and had to spend all weekend putting it back up as the bloomin buyer decided (on the day of exchange) to change mortgage providers, so we had to have another survey today....:curse:

My advice would be to sort and get rid of your stuff asap!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We got all ours down and had to spend all weekend putting it back up as the bloomin buyer decided (on the day of exchange) to change mortgage providers, so we had to have another survey today....:curse:

My advice would be to sort and get rid of your stuff asap!!!
Don't believe it! Watching your experience closely as we are now on market. Loft is a mess (drat!!). Had 1 viewer with no feedback yet and another tomorrow so have to clear up tonight as we won't be there (not a bad thing with 4 kids!) just hope the cats don't c..p whilst we are all out! Still no response to my complaint yet.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:24 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jane BK
Don't believe it! Watching your experience closely as we are now on market. Loft is a mess (drat!!). Had 1 viewer with no feedback yet and another tomorrow so have to clear up tonight as we won't be there (not a bad thing with 4 kids!) just hope the cats don't c..p whilst we are all out! Still no response to my complaint yet.

Good luck with tomorrows viewer!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:26 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by funshine
Hi Everyone - found us on page 7! Hope you are all well - only 6 working days for me - got all our stuff down from the loft on the weekend - didn't realise how much we had up there - now for the sorting!

I know the feeling well - i've got 8 working days left I hope we're doing the right thing
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
Good luck with tomorrows viewer!!!
Thanks - how is the packing going??
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck tomorrow!!

Put corks up the cat's bums!!! Don't look at my house selling experience because it would frighten you. I hope you are one of the lucky ones who gets a sale right away.

It took from the 11th when we lodged complaint to 16th Sep for grant. When did you lodge the complaint??

I know the feeling well - i've got 8 working days left I hope we're doing the right thing

Yay 8 days!!!! YES YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck tomorrow!!

Put corks up the cat's bums!!! Don't look at my house selling experience because it would frighten you. I hope you are one of the lucky ones who gets a sale right away.

It took from the 11th when we lodged complaint to 16th Sep for grant. When did you lodge the complaint??

Yay 8 days!!!! YES YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!
That means I'd need to drink 5 bottles of wine in one night - off to find the corkscrew now! Had the ack to complaint on 17th so I worked out that the 10 working days they quote takes me to 1 Oct (which would be beyond the 27th Sept - part of my point is that on paper - no pun intended - it looks like they've made no progress with 475 paper based in a year!). Feel the need for choc and I lost a lot of weight for the medicals - what a waste! Suppose I could eat a cat.......
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:46 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Yes - makes you wonder - especially as I have worked in banking most of my career! Hope the Oz banks are recruiting! Or some other industry needs my essential skills Told DH I'd rather have another baby to complete the family... watch this space...
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That means I'd need to drink 5 bottles of wine in one night - off to find the corkscrew now! Had the ack to complaint on 17th so I worked out that the 10 working days they quote takes me to 1 Oct (which would be beyond the 27th Sept - part of my point is that on paper - no pun intended - it looks like they've made no progress with 475 paper based in a year!). Feel the need for choc and I lost a lot of weight for the medicals - what a waste! Suppose I could eat a cat.......
PMSL, get that corkscrew out and start drinking... you might still be in a druken stupour when the viewers come round though. 5 cats!!! 4 kids!! I bet you never get the bed to yourself.

Blinkin heck, no movement in a year. I hope the complaint works because that just isn't on. :curse: Don't think cat burgers are too tasty....
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Yes you are stop wobboling your making me very nervous
you'll be fine (says me with about 80 days to go
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
Yes you are stop wobboling your making me very nervous
you'll be fine (says me with about 80 days to go

80 days - not that you are counting or anything.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

80 days - not that you are counting or anything.
Only cos im soooo not organised stressing about bank accounts etc agh who said this would be an adventure wasn't wrong

Last edited by karensoutherden; Sep 22nd 2008 at 9:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
Only cos im soooo not organised stressing about bank accounts etc agh who said this would be an adventure wasn't wrong
LOL, I haven't done any of that yet either. All the bank accounts look the same, but I bet there are crucial differences which will make your life a pain if you pick the wrong one.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Hope everyone is OK, sounds like lots of busy packing and panic going on!

Bank accounts - we found this very straightforward, just set up a savings and current account in the UK (we chose Westpac) once we were here we went in to the local branch, they were really helpful and changed our savings account to one with better interest and organised cards, cheque book etc.

All the other admin jobs were also very straightforward, eg driving licence, medicare etc.

Good luck

Sam
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Leostar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone - I am new to BE - I am living in Durban, South Africa and have applied for the 176 visa (19 Feb 2008) - have not heard a word from immigration and am starting to worry about whether I filled in things right - second guessing myself all the time - hugely stressed - its good to hear I am not alone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.