Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by mary1967
It's our farewell party tonight Can't believe it's happening, just hope my makeup doesn't run
Have a great time, Mary!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

It's our farewell party tonight Can't believe it's happening, just hope my makeup doesn't run
Have a great time tonight Mary!!!

Hope the head's not too bad tomorrow!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

brisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nicebrisbanebound is just really nice

hi, We applied in Sep 07 and are going to Brisbane in Mid Feb!
Booking flights today and hopefully all goes well, feels like there is so much t arrange!
Good luck to all
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:41 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We are getting some of those gel sachets to put in everything. - Hope they stop the mould.
Hi Fly Away - where do you buy those then?

We have a few of those arranged - aleady had one and started crying - oh dear!

Niamh - you are a saint to be living there - I shudder. Good Luck with the move!

Last day at work for me tomorrow - YAY - and then its full steam ahead on all the many things that need doing - and we leave in 3 weeks

Good Luck with house sales everyone - we are still waiting to sign the contracts for our sale...
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:09 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Mary hope you have a blast keep the tissues handy although as long as no one goes in to a speech youll be grand

Funshine not long till your in the sun enjoy your last day

Oh the house be glad to see the back of it and live in a proper house this is unique even for Australia

we are sorting out the electricity today get it reconnected and we have austar sorted its just Internet connection now so ill be off line of about 10 days it takes ages for them to sort it
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Ron102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baby75
Mary hope you have a blast keep the tissues handy although as long as no one goes in to a speech youll be grand

Oh the house be glad to see the back of it and live in a proper house this is unique even for Australia

we are sorting out the electricity today get it reconnected and we have austar sorted its just Internet connection now so ill be off line of about 10 days it takes ages for them to sort it
test
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funshine
Hi Fly Away - where do you buy those then?

We have a few of those arranged - aleady had one and started crying - oh dear!

Niamh - you are a saint to be living there - I shudder. Good Luck with the move!

Last day at work for me tomorrow - YAY - and then its full steam ahead on all the many things that need doing - and we leave in 3 weeks

Good Luck with house sales everyone - we are still waiting to sign the contracts for our sale...
Sorry Funshine - missed this - we got them from here;

http://www.rajapack.co.uk./products/...el-sachets.htm

3 weeks EEEEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary hope you have a blast keep the tissues handy although as long as no one goes in to a speech youll be grand:

Wonder how it went??

It's unique for anywhere. can't believe they paid so much for it. Does it have lots of land or something??????

we are sorting out the electricity today get it reconnected and we have austar sorted its just Internet connection now so ill be off line of about 10 days it takes ages for them to sort it (
No, don't leave us hun. How will you manage???

Originally Posted by Ron102
test
Hiya!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:28 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nic yep loads of land full of trees there is two small blocks that they want to sell off but have to get it approved by the council before hand and that takes nearly a year if you get it approved for selling and putting a house on it so a big risk if you ask me

how is all going with you

Stop ill have no nails left me and no internet
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Nic yep loads of land full of trees there is two small blocks that they want to sell off but have to get it approved by the council before hand and that takes nearly a year if you get it approved for selling and putting a house on it so a big risk if you ask me

how is all going with you

Stop ill have no nails left me and no internet
My cousins subdivided a 37 acre plot - it took 2 years to get permission. The plot has been on the market for over a year in Sydney - the market is bad there too. Your friends might be in for a rocky ride.....

No news with me still waiting and trying to sort and pack. Listed 32 items on Ebay this weekend...

Not long now anf your finger nails will be able to grow back!!! ((()))

When are you moving - or don't you know yet?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:34 am

My cousins subdivided a 37 acre plot - it took 2 years to get permission. The plot has been on the market for over a year in Sydney - the market is bad there too. Your friends might be in for a rocky ride.....

I think so they seem to think they will be able to sell the plots before they get permission I dont think so they will learn the hard way im afraid !

No news with me still waiting and trying to sort and pack. Listed 32 items on Ebay this weekend... Well done make a few bob on them

Not long now anf your finger nails will be able to grow back!!! ((()))

When are you moving - or don't you know yet?
wednesday or thursday this week we are doing a lot of running around now sorting stuff out for the house some of it we shouldnt be doing it would normally be the landlord job but we need in and they are not here

but still all good esp the pool its so hot today about 30
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

God Mary that has come around quick any news on exchange date??

Originally Posted by brisbanebound
hi, We applied in Sep 07 and are going to Brisbane in Mid Feb!
Booking flights today and hopefully all goes well, feels like there is so much t arrange!
Good luck to all
Did you get your flights booked ok??

OMG everyone seems to be leaving all at once 4 weeks on Friday for us I seem to pack suitcases everyday
Good Luck with house sales everyone - we are still waiting to sign the contracts for our sale...[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wednesday or thursday this week we are doing a lot of running around now sorting stuff out for the house some of it we shouldnt be doing it would normally be the landlord job but we need in and they are not here

You should get a rent reduction for doing all this.

but still all good esp the pool its so hot today about 30
30 - wow, it's 16 here and I was thinking it was lovely.

Has your new place got the pool or the shatnty house oops I mean your friend's house.

[QUOTE=Basty;6829595][

OMG everyone seems to be leaving all at once 4 weeks on Friday for us I seem to pack suitcases everyday

4 weeks - eeeek!! Not long! It's only us still waiting for bloomin Christmas then... Wish we could be going too.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

4 weeks - eeeek!! Not long! It's only us still waiting for bloomin Christmas then... Wish we could be going too.
F/A Can't you convince him to make it a family Christmas in Australia?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tiger222
F/A Can't you convince him to make it a family Christmas in Australia?
I might once we exchange contracts on the house. Trouble is, we are getting lots of 'this might be the last christmas we ever have together' stuff. Funnily enough, we figured last year was our last Christmas but OH's family weren't the slightest bit interested in spending it with us. So I think it is manipulation. This started in about July - long before you make plans for Christmas.:curse: All my family are in Aus so I haven't been with my family since before our daughter was born - she doesn't know what it's like to have lots of cousins etc. It will just be us and the oldies moaning about stuff and wanting waitress service from me. You can see that I'm not keen on it.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

I might once we exchange contracts on the house. Trouble is, we are getting lots of 'this might be the last christmas we ever have together' stuff. Funnily enough, we figured last year was our last Christmas but OH's family weren't the slightest bit interested in spending it with us. So I think it is manipulation. This started in about July - long before you make plans for Christmas.:curse: All my family are in Aus so I haven't been with my family since before our daughter was born - she doesn't know what it's like to have lots of cousins etc. It will just be us and the oldies moaning about stuff and wanting waitress service from me. You can see that I'm not keen on it.
Fly Away I bet you can't wait to get to Oz It must be really hard to have all your family already over there and be stuck here Hopefully things will change between now and then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.