Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:11 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Baby75
what do ya mean your not leaving us here after you get to OZ

Don't think i could if i tried, i start getting withdrawal symptoms if i don't log on at least once a day
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:12 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
PMSL.................... You'll miss me when i'm gone!!!
Sorry, who are you?

Don't think i could if i tried, i start getting withdrawal symptoms if i don't log on at least once a day
We need a new BE Anonymous thread now...
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:31 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I know im the same
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:35 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

OH LOOK WHAT WAS ALL OVER OUR BATH TODAY

the termite guy said they are coming in for the water
so glad im moving next week
Attached Thumbnails Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0772.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0773.jpg  
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:32 pm

OH LOOK WHAT WAS ALL OVER OUR BATH TODAY

the termite guy said they are coming in for the water
so glad im moving next week

Good luck with the move Niamh!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:35 am

Good luck with the move Niamh!
Thanks Mary think my DH is feeling stressed he is having problems sleeping poor fellow bit worreid about him but ill get it out of him

this morning I was wondering what the funny noise on the roof was and I think I got him in the picture but look what was making its way down on to the deck till we scared it off cool though

oh and were is every one I know you are asleep now but its very quite
Attached Thumbnails Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0779.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0780.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0781.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:02 am

Thanks Mary think my DH is feeling stressed he is having problems sleeping poor fellow bit worreid about him but ill get it out of him

this morning I was wondering what the funny noise on the roof was and I think I got him in the picture but look what was making its way down on to the deck till we scared it off cool though

Looks like you're in the jungle there Niamh - i'm sooooooooooo jealous!!! Not too sure about the lizard thing, i dread to think what my cats would make of it

Just keep talking and sharing your feelings......................he's probably worried about providing for you and the kids, which he is doing, maybe the uncertainty of the last few months is catching up with him?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you're in the jungle there Niamh - i'm sooooooooooo jealous!!! Not too sure about the lizard thing, i dread to think what my cats would make of it

Just keep talking and sharing your feelings......................he's probably worried about providing for you and the kids, which he is doing, maybe the uncertainty of the last few months is catching up with him?
I agree with Mary, you have had so much stress and now you have a bit more - with the move and he has started a new job and you have a new baby... blinkin heck, you are off the stress scale. Maybe he doesn't want to burden you with something else and is keeping it to himself?

Loving the lizard (I like them and geckos) but not the anty things. EWWWWW!! Is your new house a bit less rainforesty??
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Cute Lizard! I love the fact you're so close to the rainforest. Looks lovely!

Good luck on the Move NEXT Week!

He's probably stressed about the new job, etc. It's been a rough few months on you guys!

Hey, Niamh. Did you read my public plea to you? I asked that, since your knees are no longer being used for Nic's requests, you start working on my request.....that the MEDS clear and we get a CO!!

Thanks!

Last edited by tiger222; Sep 26th 2008 at 8:10 am.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
Cute Lizard! I love the fact you're so close to the rainforest. Looks lovely!

Good luck on the Move NEXT Week!

He's probably stressed about the new job, etc. It's been a rough few months on you guys!

Hey, Niamh. Did you read my public plea to you? I asked that, since your knees are no longer being used for Nic's requests, you start working on my request.....that the MEDS clear and we get a CO!!

Thanks!
OI - I haven't exchanged contracts on my house!! I need Niamhs prayers!! I'll let her pray for your visa too so long as she still prays for my exchange.

St Niamh!! Has a nice ring to it.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
OI - I haven't exchanged contracts on my house!! I need Niamhs prayersI'll let her pray for your visa too so long as she still prays for my exchange. no problems on my knees for you both I can do it

St Niamh!! Has a nice ring to it.
very good

I cant get the hang of multi quote at all

mary your cats will find out soon enough there are loads of little ones did you see that picture the cats will have a munching time
My poor Dh is worreid about me and my home sickness he is feeling bad for bringing us over but no one knew how i would feel till we got here and its still worth it even with all we have had to put up with he is hoping Ill enjoy my self more when we move and I know I will ill be more independednt and out shopping Heeeheee I have a card for his bank account :thumb up: so we are all good now

Fly Away too bloody rainfostery a rain forest is lovely to look at and have a nice walk through on a path (dont go off them) but not to live in too many insects cockroaches huge spiders and huge mossies I like the possums and lizards but just to many trees around the house its so dark poor Eireann doesnt know what time of day it is oh and the ants there was millions of them at least they dont bite but yuck !!

tiger222 its under control my knees are hard at work (better work now) LOL yea it has been stressful but it will get better and i want to enjoy the rest of our time in Australia for how ever long its going to be we are not in any rush there are a few things we want to do and places to see wont be going any were on till the jobs get better at home we are on the verge of a recession no jobs for trades at all sad really

oh i will see if i have some pictures of the house we are staying in see what you think heeeheee

the fist picture is the kitchen second is a wild turkey on the foof and third is inside the living room very brown LOL wait till you see what I cook on ill have to add that one on to the next post LOL
Attached Thumbnails Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0320.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0573.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0321.jpg  
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:52 am

oh picture as promised cant wait to here what you make of this

shoping
A few things i noticed while here

wollies best time to buy nice bread is about half 5 before they close you get great deals on rolls and slice pans from thier bakery oh and donouts

milk and bread is cheaper at the fruit and veg worlds

for any one who likes cheese you have to try the Australian gold
they are great with those tuk crackers and pickled onions and salami yum great for making a cheese platter for the BBQ

buy bulk its gas but some times the bigger container works out cheaper the chemists some times have great deals on toilet roll and washing powder but kmart is good for fabric conditioner and washing powder get them in bigger containers and it works out cheaper lol

oh when using mossie repellent dont spill on furniture and when you spray it on your self get every were i missed my heel and i had 7 bites took 2 daysfor the itching to stopdrove me mad

ok going to stop you might find that useful or think im mad
Attached Thumbnails Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0329.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0317.jpg   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-img_0316.jpg  

Last edited by Baby75; Sep 26th 2008 at 10:59 am.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

:: very good

I cant get the hang of multi quote at all

mary your cats will find out soon enough there are loads of little ones did you see that picture the cats will have a munching time
My poor Dh is worreid about me and my home sickness he is feeling bad for bringing us over but no one knew how i would feel till we got here and its still worth it even with all we have had to put up with he is hoping Ill enjoy my self more when we move and I know I will ill be more independednt and out shopping Heeeheee I have a card for his bank account :thumb up: so we are all good now

Fly Away too bloody rainfostery a rain forest is lovely to look at and have a nice walk through on a path (dont go off them) but not to live in too many insects cockroaches huge spiders and huge mossies I like the possums and lizards but just to many trees around the house its so dark poor Eireann doesnt know what time of day it is oh and the ants there was millions of them at least they dont bite but yuck !!

tiger222 its under control my knees are hard at work (better work now) LOL yea it has been stressful but it will get better and i want to enjoy the rest of our time in Australia for how ever long its going to be we are not in any rush there are a few things we want to do and places to see wont be going any were on till the jobs get better at home we are on the verge of a recession no jobs for trades at all sad really

oh i will see if i have some pictures of the house we are staying in see what you think heeeheee

the fist picture is the kitchen second is a wild turkey on the foof and third is inside the living room very brown LOL wait till you see what I cook on ill have to add that one on to the next post LOL
I must say Niamh, it's not my cup of tea. I will be living in a city, thank you very much!! I don't like forests in this country.

Glad to hear you will still be praying. Hope the baby doesn't mind lying on the floor while you do this?

I'm sure once you're in your own house where you can get out and about, you will be so much better. Then you have to hatch a plan. The economy in Eire and the UK is really bad Niamh. You don't have to stay there forever, but I reckon if you can stick a couple of years and save up, you'll be fine to come back. So long as you have an end in sight you'll keep going. You never know, you might have changed your mind when the time comes.

I'm sitting here deciding whether to to have a 20 foot or 40 foot container. It sort of affects everything I have to do and I am at a bit of a loss really... Some people have said take everything you can and others have said start from scrtch. if we take a 20 foot, it would only contain our bed and boxes of personal effects / toys. (Yes we have that much stuff and yes I have decluttered and no I won't get rid of any more...) If we take a 40 foot it wouldn't be full but we could take our lovely sofas, some more furniture, all the crap like buckets and more kitchen stuff etc.. maybe buy some new things....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG Niamh - cross posted with your last post. That house is a shocker!!! It truely is awful. No wonder you are home sick. So pleased you are out of there soon. OMG the thought of your little baby being brought home there. My cousins live in Aus and their houses are beautiful - they aren't rich just normal people. That is just terrible....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I must say Niamh, it's not my cup of tea. I will be living in a city, thank you very much!! I don't like forests in this country.

Glad to hear you will still be praying. Hope the baby doesn't mind lying on the floor while you do this?

I'm sure once you're in your own house where you can get out and about, you will be so much better. Then you have to hatch a plan. The economy in Eire and the UK is really bad Niamh. You don't have to stay there forever, but I reckon if you can stick a couple of years and save up, you'll be fine to come back. So long as you have an end in sight you'll keep going. You never know, you might have changed your mind when the time comes.

I'm sitting here deciding whether to to have a 20 foot or 40 foot container. It sort of affects everything I have to do and I am at a bit of a loss really... Some people have said take everything you can and others have said start from scrtch. if we take a 20 foot, it would only contain our bed and boxes of personal effects / toys. (Yes we have that much stuff and yes I have decluttered and no I won't get rid of any more...) If we take a 40 foot it wouldn't be full but we could take our lovely sofas, some more furniture, all the crap like buckets and more kitchen stuff etc.. maybe buy some new things....
im a country girl and its not my cup of tea ither lol its not my house so wont be taking any offence

only time will tell and i know ill be a hell of a lot better when we move looking forward to it

more decisions Nic you can get lovely furniture over here fantastic furniture do great deals on packages so do superamart they are all over australia and if you have cash you can bater them down its expected

work out what will be cheaper i guess sorry im no use am i

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.