Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I must say Niamh, it's not my cup of tea. I will be living in a city, thank you very much!! I don't like forests in this country.

Glad to hear you will still be praying. Hope the baby doesn't mind lying on the floor while you do this?

I'm sure once you're in your own house where you can get out and about, you will be so much better. Then you have to hatch a plan. The economy in Eire and the UK is really bad Niamh. You don't have to stay there forever, but I reckon if you can stick a couple of years and save up, you'll be fine to come back. So long as you have an end in sight you'll keep going. You never know, you might have changed your mind when the time comes.

I'm sitting here deciding whether to to have a 20 foot or 40 foot container. It sort of affects everything I have to do and I am at a bit of a loss really... Some people have said take everything you can and others have said start from scrtch. if we take a 20 foot, it would only contain our bed and boxes of personal effects / toys. (Yes we have that much stuff and yes I have decluttered and no I won't get rid of any more...) If we take a 40 foot it wouldn't be full but we could take our lovely sofas, some more furniture, all the crap like buckets and more kitchen stuff etc.. maybe buy some new things....
Take it if it's all nice you'll only wish you had my Brother only took some and keeps telling us to take what we can lol
any news yet with the exchange??
karen
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baby75
oh picture as promised cant wait to here what you make of this

shoping
A few things i noticed while here

wollies best time to buy nice bread is about half 5 before they close you get great deals on rolls and slice pans from thier bakery oh and donouts

milk and bread is cheaper at the fruit and veg worlds

for any one who likes cheese you have to try the Australian gold
they are great with those tuk crackers and pickled onions and salami yum great for making a cheese platter for the BBQ

buy bulk its gas but some times the bigger container works out cheaper the chemists some times have great deals on toilet roll and washing powder but kmart is good for fabric conditioner and washing powder get them in bigger containers and it works out cheaper lol

oh when using mossie repellent dont spill on furniture and when you spray it on your self get every were i missed my heel and i had 7 bites took 2 daysfor the itching to stopdrove me mad

ok going to stop you might find that useful or think im mad

you are sooooo brave !! homesick id be suicidal well done you hope im as good as you when i arrive
all the best with your move
karen
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, now I'm even more confused....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Just had our passports delivered with the visa stickers!!! Yay!!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:54 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

picture please lol
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whey we got our's last week exciting isn't it ??
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Niamh - I can't believe the stove! That's terrible. I'd be worried the boys will be into it. It can't be out of their reach

Nice people mover! Did you buy that when you got there? What kind is it? We'll need one (4 kids too) so just wondering what's available.

Nic - I was just going to say go with the 20 foot container because I've heard there can be mold - you don't want your nice things getting moldy.....it'll make you sick.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting the stickers in the Passport.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by caliburn
Tiger, my MEDs have been in "outstanding" status since last 5 months. I have asked DIAC several times and they said it will change status (perhaps to "finalized") only after I have a CO. However, they confirmed that the MEDs have been received. By the way, last time I wanted to know my status, they told me that I made a similar query on some specific date in the past and repeated queries hamper their ability to deliver efficient (!!!) services to us. Translation... I have been thrown into the bottom of the pile or its just a standard threat to the dissidents. Either way, its not a good news.
Does this seem right? I thought the way you know the MEDS cleared is it changed from "outstanding" to something else (maybe not finalized but maybe received)

Am I looking for something that won't happen until I get a CO?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Just found this thread - still been watching Dec and Feb thread but not much movement -thats cos your all on here
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:36 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiger222
Niamh - I can't believe the stove! That's terrible. I'd be worried the boys will be into it. It can't be out of their reach

Nice people mover! Did you buy that when you got there? What kind is it? We'll need one (4 kids too) so just wondering what's available.

Nic - I was just going to say go with the 20 foot container because I've heard there can be mold - you don't want your nice things getting moldy.....it'll make you sick.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting the stickers in the Passport.
its not and our 2 year old has turnned it on a couple of times given me a few nightmares ill be glad to see the back of it our friends paid $850000 for the house I think the buyer saw them coming and is still rubbing his hands in glee they want to renovate it and have talked about spending as much again to have it the way they want it

Yep we got it when we got here its a Nissan nomad but its an old one and needs work my DH prefers the Mitsubishi delica there is plenty of them here and a good one will be between $12000 and $16000 there is the toyota targo as well and plenty of seven seater vans around as well they are every where
I love ours loads of room for kids and every thing else but its proving very unreliable lately battery problems and that our friend got it on bater card and again I think they saw him comming just as well my Dh knows his way around cars

there has to be a way of protecting your stuff from mold Ild go mad if all my stuff got ruined from that
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi everyone - hiya Basty well spotted at last.

Have decided to go for a 40 footer and insure everything new for old. That way we won't be worrying about cutting down on stuff and will be able to buy some bargains to put in and stock up on some other stuff. Plus put our washing machine in which our buyer doesn't want and is new.

We are getting some of those gel sachets to put in everything. - Hope they stop the mould.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

We are just waiting to go ,got visas in passport, sorting rentals and bank account, just waiting to move money. Taking 1968 beetle just waiting for import document. Removals coming round to give a quote 20ft to include car about £3000, just taking bits and pieces to help out when we get settled. busy busy busy! I have finished work OH still working, keeps him out the way just get him to move the heavy stuff!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Hi everyone - hiya Basty well spotted at last.

I know I'm a little slow

We are getting some of those gel sachets to put in everything. - Hope they stop the mould.
Mould sorry not read back posts but has there been a problem with mould??? we never had any when we went to NZ and none of my friends have said anything about mould (as long as you don't vacuum pack clothes etc).

Originally Posted by lainey70
We are just waiting to go ,got visas in passport, sorting rentals and bank account, just waiting to move money. Taking 1968 beetle just waiting for import document. Removals coming round to give a quote 20ft to include car about £3000, just taking bits and pieces to help out when we get settled. busy busy busy! I have finished work OH still working, keeps him out the way just get him to move the heavy stuff!
I'm keeping OH at work too they just get in the way don't they. I get more done when he is not around. Like you said I will have him to lift the heavy stuff and sorting out the shed and thats it
When are you looking to go and where??
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Basty
Mould sorry not read back posts but has there been a problem with mould??? we never had any when we went to NZ and none of my friends have said anything about mould (as long as you don't vacuum pack clothes etc).

I'm keeping OH at work too they just get in the way don't they. I get more done when he is not around. Like you said I will have him to lift the heavy stuff and sorting out the shed and thats it
When are you looking to go and where??
LOL
We leave on 29th Nov arrive Brisbane 1st Dec, OH b'day!
Got a rental in Bulimba for 6 weeks then going up to Redcliffe area hopefully.
Just waiting for the plane really. Been packed for ages (before we got visas!)
Get really excited, be sorry to say goodbye to friends, but my real friends will come over to see us, dont care if we have to struggle at first, you only get one life! . x OH back better go check on the sausages on oven!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:45 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's our farewell party tonight Can't believe it's happening, just hope my makeup doesn't run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.