Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Basty
I have done nothing, pottered around, got ready and now messing around on here before we head off to pick the kids up and go out for a meal Feels really funny here without them - it is sooooooo quiet not sure I like itl:
Glad you had a good weekend. I've never been without my daughter for more than 24 hours and that was only once. It must feel very strange and very quiet....

Originally Posted by mary1967
Thanks Nige - Great to hear you've made it in one piece and that they actually let you in!!!!

PMSL

So what's the plan now? Checking out the local talent or finding a job? Oh yeah, don't forget to ring your mum at LEAST once a week!

LOL, don't tell her about your hot flat mate though - she'd only worry.

Did i ever tell you i hate packing:curse: well i do: Finally cleared out the garage, just got the kids wardrobes and cupboards to do.

Well done Mary!! Can you come and do mine now???

I'm now OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED

Yay!! One step further!!!

Have you been speaking to my OH???????
Yes, I call him up and he tells me about the things you do.

Ohhhhhh Mary you can have a lay in in the morning: We will clear out the shed next week end, have you packed all the stuff that was in the wardrobes in suitcases?? I have packed 3 suitcases, but don't want to do them all yet cos we won't have any clothes left to wear and also they will all be really creased::
I've packed 4 suitcases (and sent 3 bags to Oxfam and put 32 items on ebay!!) and I don't care if the stuff gets creased.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Guys will you get up out of bed please. jeez, it takes ages to get a reply around here these days lol.

The babe called me back and said i can have the room. Excellent. Now, get a job and then I'm sorted. And I only arrived on friday.
Great going Nige, you've only been there a matter of days, give it a couple of weeks and you will have a job and your new 'hot stuff room mate might be a bit more than just a room mate
Glad all things are working out for you just can't wait to get there now myself

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Glad you had a good weekend. I've never been without my daughter for more than 24 hours and that was only once. It must feel very strange and very quiet....
They only go away prob once a year to a friends bless them

Yes, I call him up and he tells me about the things you do.

I've packed 4 suitcases (and sent 3 bags to Oxfam and put 32 items on ebay!!) and I don't care if the stuff gets creased.
think I better get more packed
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Guys will you get up out of bed please. jeez, it takes ages to get a reply around here these days lol.

The babe called me back and said i can have the room. Excellent. Now, get a job and then I'm sorted. And I only arrived on friday.
WOW, Nige, that was quick!!

Wait until you meet/see her boyfriend!
He's probably one of those guys who spens 5 hours at the gym per day!!

I guess today is Labour day - so no change!

Last edited by tiger222; Oct 6th 2008 at 11:20 am.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
WOW, Nige, that was quick!!

Wait until you meet/see her boyfriend!
He's probably one of those guys who spens 5 hours at the gym per day!!

I guess today is Labour day - so no change!
Hey!!! Maybe I'm one of those guys who spends 6 hours in the gym everyday??? Yeah, not fooling anyone am i?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

just checking in with everyone. thought we had a really positive viewer at the weekend only to find out today that they put an offer in somewhere else between now and saturday. now applying for another job which i really didn't want to do, which will also mean that when we validate, we will have to go during school hols. Cost = £1000 more!!! AAAAgh! cant win whichever way we turn.

hope everyone is ok and either enjoying the oz life or not too depressed that they are not there yet
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:43 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

She was obviously taken with your irish charm, just wait until she gets to know you

Did i ever tell you i hate packing:curse: well i do Finally cleared out the garage, just got the kids wardrobes and cupboards to do.

I'm now OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED

Ohhhhhh Mary you can have a lay in in the morning We will clear out the shed next week end, have you packed all the stuff that was in the wardrobes in suitcases?? I have packed 3 suitcases, but don't want to do them all yet cos we won't have any clothes left to wear and also they will all be really creased

Had a go at packing suitcases for me and the OH - can hardly lift them
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!!! Maybe I'm one of those guys who spends 6 hours in the gym everyday??? Yeah, not fooling anyone am i?

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
just checking in with everyone. thought we had a really positive viewer at the weekend only to find out today that they put an offer in somewhere else between now and saturday. now applying for another job which i really didn't want to do, which will also mean that when we validate, we will have to go during school hols. Cost = £1000 more!!! AAAAgh! cant win whichever way we turn.

hope everyone is ok and either enjoying the oz life or not too depressed that they are not there yet :
Sorry you've had no luck with the house. It's a nightmare trying to sell at the moment.

We seem to be losing money at every turn too. Seems like a battle just to keep what you already own.

She was obviously taken with your irish charm, just wait until she gets to know you

PMSL, I'm sure it will be a wonderful learning curve for her.

Had a go at packing suitcases for me and the OH - can hardly lift them::
We only have a 20Kg luggage allowance and that is big enough.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

A man flew down from Leeds last night to buy our car and it has gone I am carless - had to walk to swimming lessons this morning in the rain I know it will do me good, I'm just not used to walk further than the school and def not in the rain
Have just fixed our transfer money at 2.4 aswell so I am having a really good 24 hours
Hope all is ok with everyone else MARY I hope you have been keeping that dog inside
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

A man flew down from Leeds last night to buy our car and it has gone I am carless - had to walk to swimming lessons this morning in the rain I know it will do me good, I'm just not used to walk further than the school and def not in the rain
Have just fixed our transfer money at 2.4 aswell so I am having a really good 24 hours
Hope all is ok with everyone else MARY I hope you have been keeping that dog inside

Great news, Basty!! Glad to hear all is well with you and you're making preparations!!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:44 pm

Sorry you've had no luck with the house.: It's a nightmare trying to sell at the moment.

We seem to be losing money at every turn too. Seems like a battle just to keep what you already own.
We only have a 20Kg luggage allowance and that is big enough.
We've got 40kg each

A man flew down from Leeds last night to buy our car and it has gone I am carless - had to walk to swimming lessons this morning in the rainI know it will do me good, I'm just not used to walk further than the school and def not in the rain

Brilliant news Fiona We've had no luck with our cars - probably end up giving them away to the garage for a few hundred:curse:

The dogs got her re-test tomorrow, poor thing doesn't know what's happening, she's not had a walk for nearly a week

Don't mention the dollar rate - we changed loads at 2.17, not very happy at the moment and i can't get my hands on the equity until the 17th October, by which time it'll probably be about 2.10:curse:
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mary - you have exchanged contracts - that means you have a guarantee that you will get the equity on the 17th. You can forward fix for up to a year ahead, so a few days isn't a problem. You do have to pay 10% of any transaction immediately.

We forward fixed on Fri for 2.28. Bloomin annoying but it was for about 10% of our money so not too much of a tragedy....... Could have done without it though.

We daren't forward fix anymore in case our house sale falls through and we are left with a big penalty.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:54 pm

Mary - you have exchanged contracts - that means you have a guarantee that you will get the equity on the 17th. You can forward fix for up to a year ahead, so a few days isn't a problem. You do have to pay 10% of any transaction immediately.

We forward fixed on Fri for 2.28. Bloomin annoying but it was for about 10% of our money so not too much of a tragedy....... Could have done without it though.

We daren't forward fix anymore in case our house sale falls through and we are left with a big penalty.

My OH won't do it a forward contract - although he thinks completion will go through on the 17th, he said they could still breach the contract and although we could sue them, we'd end up worse off. So it's a no-go, stalemate:curse:
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My OH won't do it a forward contract - although he thinks completion will go through on the 17th, he said they could still breach the contract and although we could sue them, we'd end up worse off. So it's a no-go, stalemate:curse:
The chances are very slim that they'd not complete - plus you'd get their deposit as compensation. So you could forward fix for the value of the deposit?????
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

2.28? That sounds marvellous to me, we brought all of ours over in July as we were badly advised by H**x that the rate would drop below 2, we changed at 2.05:curse: This has really depressed us and made a huge dent on what we can now afford here, but can't turn back the clock now. We thought we were going to buy straight away (can't afford to now!)so wanted the money here and obviously needed some to start up anyway, in hindsight we would have kept the bulk in the UK until we needed it!

With the Oz dollar losing against the US dollar yesterday I can't see the rate staying up for long but then we got it seriously wrong, so who knows?

Any news on the exchange yet, Fly?

Sam
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I hope things are coming together for you FLY!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.