Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Feb 4th 2009, 12:41 am
Just Joined

ryan88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by jacarandas
I'm getting a little disappointed. Anyone out there from a low risk country who applied for V175 (non-MODL) in Feb 08 and still hasn't gotten their visa? I feel like I'm all alone here!

My application still says "Processing commenced". My health requirements are long finalised in April 08 because I front loaded them, together with all other documents. Yet, all documents on my document checklist still says "Required".

This is getting worrying.
You are definitely not alone.

I'm from LOW RISK COUNTRY and my application lodged on NOV 2007, however I have not yet found who is my CO.

Hopefully no offense to anyone, the CSL is a bit unfair policy to apply on all applicants especially for those who wait more than 15 mths. Or, at least the Australian government should allow applicants to withdraw their application and refund the application fee. :curse:
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ian444
Hi, sorry not been on here for ages, had so many things to do.

We still havn't sold our house so we are going to rent it out and plan to
move to Oz in May-June.

Just wondered who you guys used to take your belongings to Oz, and how long before you go is best to contact the removal firms, were there some cheaper than others or all about the same.

Thanks Ian..
Hi Ian
Start as early as you can coz some are crap at getting back to you .
You might have to clean stuff too.
As soon as you get in contact get as many quotes as possible, some charge you by different measurements like sq metre or sq ft and some hold your stuff in storage until you are ready too ship it. The bloke who came to give us an estimate was brillant, friendly and chatty but the blokes who turned up to pack our stuff, why I wouldn't trust them walking my nan across the road! my OH had a row with the warehouse bloke when he dropped the car off some kind of attitude problem! could have been the weather !
ours took 6 weeks but it is still in customs and cant say what condition it will turn up ! Also we have been told ( not sure how true) that you have more chance of customs pulling your crates out to look at if you pack them yourself instead of the removal firm.
Its not easy mate but good luck on who you choose!
lainey
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Still waiting for a CO - any one else still waiting for the 13th February deadline to come and go?

It will be a bit of a let down now as we have just had the ok after our 12 scan and can't go for medicles till after the new baby is born.
If DIAC had stuck to their advertised guidelines for processing times we would had had our meds and police checks done months ago (and probably now be on our way)

Johnnyyt
Attached Thumbnails Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-babyscan0001.jpg  
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Well, finally stopped wishing and now living.Can't believe we made it.
What is it with the mozzies sandflies and the heat?fed up being mozzy tucker.
Still shouldn't complain took long enough to get here.
Sun sea and sand and such friendly people, kids loving it and sorted out school so they start on 30th March.
Good luck to all those still waiting and Hi, and hope all is going well, to all those who went through all the madness with us.

Best wishes
WWWT
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Well, finally stopped wishing and now living.Can't believe we made it.
What is it with the mozzies sandflies and the heat?fed up being mozzy tucker.
Still shouldn't complain took long enough to get here.
Sun sea and sand and such friendly people, kids loving it and sorted out school so they start on 30th March.
Good luck to all those still waiting and Hi, and hope all is going well, to all those who went through all the madness with us.

Best wishes
WWWT
You made it!!!!!! Where in NSW are you? Welcome to Australia! (Don't eat bananas as they attract mozzies.) Once you have settled in and enough mozzies have tasted you they will go for new blood! Who is next in line?????
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
You made it!!!!!! Where in NSW are you? Welcome to Australia! (Don't eat bananas as they attract mozzies.) Once you have settled in and enough mozzies have tasted you they will go for new blood! Who is next in line?????
Hi Caroline,
We spent the week in Sydney.Checked on cat and dog at Eastern Creek, being released next week.We have settled 6 hours drive north of Sydney in Port Macquarie.
House actually exchanged in the uk on Thursday to complete 30th March so desperately hunting for house, either big house small yard or little house big yard, still keep looking something will come soon.
Coated ourselves in insect repellent still no good.
thousands of bites starting to lose count.
still our own fault, have holiday rental next to Hastings river.
Nice to hear from you, are you still in that rental place or moved on?
Very hot today went to Timbertown a recreated settlement.
Still lots to do,seems the list just keeps growing and trying to juggle sorting everything and keeping the kids happy is very hard.
Still,wouldn't go back to uk for all the tea in China.
Best Wishes
WWWT
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I would also just like to recommend Singapore Airlines to anyone, especially those travelling with children as the cabin crew were so attentive to any problems or requests you may have and always checking you were ok and they usually dealt with the children's problems without even concerning us and we informed them that both would be celebrating their birthdays in the air so they laid on two birthday cakes.So a big thankyou and thumbs up to all at Singapore....and they were cheaper than Qantas and BA.
Couldn't of survived the long haul without them.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We are still in the rental until about May. Tomorrow we sign contracts for a 4 bed with pool in St.Ives. Wish I'd known you were in Sydney- might have met up for a coffee. Get away from the river!!!!!! Now I also know why I haven't been bitten recently- all the mozzies migrated to your neck of the woods.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

calimero is an unknown quantity at this point

Have applied in March 2008 for 175 (no-MODL, no CSL. Family with 3 kids). Haven't heard anything from DIAC. Meds status finalised at 30.12.08. Application being processed further on 16.02.09. Does this mean anything?
Is there a chance I will get a visa by the end of 2009? Or do they more or less dump all applications that are not sponsored and not CSL? Chris Evans' message is not very clear.

Thanks for your insights. Can't stand that waiting game anymore.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

So who else is still waiting?

We now have a Case Officer but have had to put the application on hold till we can get the meds done and add the new baby to the application.
We have had our 20 week scan and all is o.k.

Johnnyyt
Attached Thumbnails Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread-babyscanmarch.jpg  
Old Mar 28th 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Mozzies finally given up,obviously blood now too tainted.Becoming a true Australian finally eh cobber!
Rellies already visiting tonite so barbie and beers on!!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Mozzies finally given up,obviously blood now too tainted.Becoming a true Australian finally eh cobber!
Rellies already visiting tonite so barbie and beers on!!!
yippee- they've found a new victim! enjoy the barbie. Have got one lined up for next weekend as I haven't managed one since arriving 7 months ago. Had sausage sizzles but don't think they are the same, as it is just a sausage in a slice of bread!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
So who else is still waiting?
me...dec 07 175 CSL paper based HR country. no signs of CO. in another forum, dec 07 visa grantees are too spaced out. those who got their COs in dec 08 havent been granted their visas till now

maybe they've forgotten about us
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

man its been a long time since i've been on BE - congrats to you JohnnyT on the baby - glad all scans good so far.

well we have been out and validated our visa and had a fantastic time. been back less than a week and desperate to go back. saw Basty and family and they are loving it too.
best news yesterday tho - finally sold our house after a YEAR! fingers crossed all goes through quickly and smoothly then we have to save up again to get back out there asap

good luck to everyone still waiting on housesales/visas etc
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
man its been a long time since i've been on BE - congrats to you JohnnyT on the baby - glad all scans good so far.

well we have been out and validated our visa and had a fantastic time. been back less than a week and desperate to go back. saw Basty and family and they are loving it too.
best news yesterday tho - finally sold our house after a YEAR! fingers crossed all goes through quickly and smoothly then we have to save up again to get back out there asap

good luck to everyone still waiting on housesales/visas etc
Good news on the house sale, does this mean you can go quickly now?

Do you fancy a meet up? There is some interest for a Dorset/Hampshire meet in the meet up forum.

Johnnyyt