Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

chequer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by smmk40
Hi All,

I've lodged a paper based VE 175 Application on March 5th,2008. Any rough idea as to when the case shall be picked up by Case officer?? Anyone lodged the application around that period and had the case officer pick up the case/granted a visa? Can you pls share your experience??

I am from a HR country though...

regards.
Just keep an eye on the www.beupdate.co.uk website for more information. You might be able to find HR applications there too. That said, there aren't many of us paper-based applications listed in March.

Good luck!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

jacarandas is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting a little disappointed. Anyone out there from a low risk country who applied for V175 (non-MODL) in Feb 08 and still hasn't gotten their visa? I feel like I'm all alone here!

My application still says "Processing commenced". My health requirements are long finalised in April 08 because I front loaded them, together with all other documents. Yet, all documents on my document checklist still says "Required".

This is getting worrying.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Just sold house today! YIPEEEEEEEFull asking price an all.
Gonna wake up soon.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Cardamon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jacarandas
I'm getting a little disappointed. Anyone out there from a low risk country who applied for V175 (non-MODL) in Feb 08 and still hasn't gotten their visa? I feel like I'm all alone here!
hello jacarandas,

We are in the same situation (applied 8.2.08, SOL, low-risk country), but also paperbased. Our application went further down on the pile after these new (CSL) rules emerged..so I am not very positive at the moment..
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Just sold house today! YIPEEEEEEEFull asking price an all.
Gonna wake up soon.
CONGRATS!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice
Question Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
CONGRATS!!!!
Thanks Caroline.

How are things going for you?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Thanks Caroline.

How are things going for you?
Great thanks- had New Year on the beach, and got the PR, so now we are starting to look for a permanent home to buy. OH is meeting the mortgage advisor this lunchtime. DD's 13th birthday on Monday, so busy with preparations for mega sleepover party this weekend!
I love Australia when the sun shines- even got a little bit of a tan, so can't hide by the white walls anymore.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Happy New Year everyone.

Well we had no Christmas offers, (well one that was so far below we wouldn't have paid mortage and all debts off) we have had 4 viewings in a week and another next week - what the hell is wrong with it? 25 all together now. AAAAGH!!
Good news? we have booked flights for our validation trip on apr 6th can't wait!!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice
Smile Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Hi Everyone
Just wanted to check in with you.
Well its been 9 weeks since we left the UK. It was a bit of a daze, tears, drink, parties, birthdays, leaving presents to pack! OMG
Never again do I want to go through all that!
I think the shock of actually going makes you go into some kind of adrenaline rush fuelled with vodka and champagne......
We left most people on our doorstep and a my daughter and OH parents came to the airport to say good bye
We left with my son and arrived on OH's birthday 1st Dec 08
Cant fault the airlines one bit, flights were ok, still in shock I suppose,
Cant really believe that Im sitting in our highset with the front door open at 9pm!
Son started High school yesterday (year11) and has not complained once apart from his shorts being a bit tight!
We have bought furniture , cars and housewares and made a few friends.
Went to Kingscliffe beach at Christmas and stayed with some friends.
Moved out of the city and up to Clontarf and settling in slowly.
OH has had 2 days work and I'm looking now my son is back at school, Jobs are very thin on the ground and OH went through the yellow pages looking for work today, been told to phone back in a few weeks.
It would be the same work situation back in the UK, but I would be at work so wouldn't have to worry about that as much, but OH wouldn't be happy .
So we are going to take each day as it comes like the sun rises and make a go of it, some thing will turn up and I speak to everyone on the the phone after working around the time difference!
How is every one else doing, be nice to catch up.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi Everyone
Well its been 9 weeks since we left the UK. It was a bit of a daze, tears, drink, parties, birthdays, leaving presents to pack! OMG
I think the shock of actually going makes you go into some kind of adrenaline rush fuelled with vodka and champagne......
We left most people on our doorstep and a my daughter and OH parents came to the airport to say good bye
Cant really believe that Im sitting in our highset with the front door open at 9pm!
Son started High school yesterday (year11) and has not complained once apart from his shorts being a bit tight!
OH has had 2 days work and I'm looking now my son is back at school, Jobs are very thin on the ground and OH went through the yellow pages looking for work today, been told to phone back in a few weeks.
It would be the same work situation back in the UK, but I would be at work so wouldn't have to worry about that as much, but OH wouldn't be happy .
So we are going to take each day as it comes like the sun rises and make a go of it, some thing will turn up and I speak to everyone on the the phone after working around the time difference!
Hi Lainey
Great to hear you have settled in to your new lives and I hope the work situation picks up for your OH.
We are now living with my parents as we found a buyer(we count ourselves very lucky) and had to move out just after Christmas!
We fly out to the gold coast on the 7th Sept ,I hope we settle in as quickly as you did[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.YOU/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/COMPAQ%7E1.YOU/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG] I sometimes wake up with a feeling of dread in the morning(what on earth are we doing!!!!!) but we will never know if we are going to like it if we don't try it so am excited at the same time.
take care
Julie x
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi -glad you are settling in- we have been here 5 months now and are enjoying life- tho school bills are painful! Got my dad and sister coming out on sunday for 3 weeks, so looking forward to seeing them, especially as sister is bringing Cadbury's mini eggs- yum.......
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone

Hi ya elaine glad to hear from you it seems ages since we spoke, i know what you mean about taking each day as it comes, something will turn up
we are you fine now, kids and hubby settled almost straight away but it took me longer but i can honestly say i am nearly there lol ,anyway i have to go take care and keep in touch
michelle
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Hi -glad you are settling in- we have been here 5 months now and are enjoying life- tho school bills are painful! Got my dad and sister coming out on sunday for 3 weeks, so looking forward to seeing them, especially as sister is bringing Cadbury's mini eggs- yum.......
YUMMY......mind you I have taken a fancy to the chocolate mud cake from woolworths! Seem to buy on every time i go in there,
OH parents are comong over in May for a few weeks too, shame they can't smuggle my daughter in their case but I might ask for some Cadburys dairy milk
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

YUMMY......mind you I have taken a fancy to the chocolate mud cake from woolworths! Seem to buy on every time i go in there,
OH parents are comong over in May for a few weeks too, shame they can't smuggle my daughter in their case but I might ask for some Cadburys dairy milk
The chocolate mud cake is delicious! DD had one for her birthday and we took one to the australia day celebrations. Don't like the apple tea cake tho- too fluffy and not enough apple or spice for me.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Hi, sorry not been on here for ages, had so many things to do.

We still havn't sold our house so we are going to rent it out and plan to
move to Oz in May-June.

Just wondered who you guys used to take your belongings to Oz, and how long before you go is best to contact the removal firms, were there some cheaper than others or all about the same.

Thanks Ian..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.