British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/sept-07-march-08-applicants-check-thread-561371/)

Fly Away Sep 13th 2008 10:52 pm

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Hi all, this thread does just what it says on the tin!

It's here so that we can all keep in touch - for people to post about what they are doing now, how the move is going etc etc......

I bet Mary1967 is the first one to post!:thumbsup:

funshine Sep 14th 2008 7:45 am

Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

beat you to it! :) 34 days to go until we leave for Brissy! 12 days left at work - who's counting?!

Fly Away Sep 14th 2008 8:42 am

Originally Posted by funshine (Post 6781730)
beat you to it! :) 34 days to go until we leave for Brissy! 12 days left at work - who's counting?!

Hi Funshine - well done, Mary must have gone to bed.:rofl:

Only 34 days - eeeeeeeek!:blink::eek::thumbsup:

Are you having a big leaving do?

aus2be Sep 14th 2008 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 6781022)
Hi all, this thread does just what it says on the tin!

It's here so that we can all keep in touch - for people to post about what they are doing now, how the move is going etc etc......

I bet Mary1967 is the first one to post!:thumbsup:

Hi All

Oct 07 Applicants. House sold and we leave for Perth 18th Oct. Cant wiat. Its been a long time coming. SO excited:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nadine

Fly Away Sep 14th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by aus2be (Post 6781834)
Hi All

Oct 07 Applicants. House sold and we leave for Perth 18th Oct. Cant wiat. Its been a long time coming. SO excited:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nadine

Fab news Nadine - the day after Funshine!:eek::thumbsup:

steveandtina Sep 14th 2008 9:07 am

Well it feels like I've been here forever and there is no end in sight of leaving this damn country for good!!

Applied Sept 07 got visa april 08 sold house 4 times now and all fallen through (everyone say aaarrhh):lol:

Just booked our validation trip to Adelaide leave on the 26th Oct to sadly return on the 12th Nov kicking and screaming:o

Good luck to all those leaving xxx

aus2be Sep 14th 2008 9:10 am

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 6781852)
Well it feels like I've been here forever and there is no end in sight of leaving this damn country for good!!

Applied Sept 07 got visa april 08 sold house 4 times now and all fallen through (everyone say aaarrhh):lol:

Just booked our validation trip to Adelaide leave on the 26th Oct to sadly return on the 12th Nov kicking and screaming:o

Tina your move to Aus will def be well worthit and you will be so excited when you finally get there.

I tried messaging you yesterday on Facebook but for some reason it wouldnt send.:rofl::rofl:

Nadine

Fly Away Sep 14th 2008 9:13 am

Hi Tina,

Have a great holiday. Fingers crossed the house will sell while you're away. Typical eh, you will have wasted money on a validation trip.

The house WILL sell in the end, I know it.:wub:

tiger222 Sep 14th 2008 9:14 am

Well, I would post on here but seeing as I applied 2 April, I'm not welcome!

Good thing I'm an honorary February Applicant!! :rofl:

tiger222 Sep 14th 2008 9:16 am

Originally Posted by funshine (Post 6781730)

Funshine! 34 days - how exciting. I'll bet the time is starting to drag. Or is it speeding up because you have so much to do?

Did you find vacation rental in Brissy area to start or are you staying with family? If vacation rental, could you share your experience. I'm looking now for something for us....as soon as we get the VISA.

steveandtina Sep 14th 2008 9:17 am

Originally Posted by aus2be (Post 6781860)
Tina your move to Aus will def be well worthit and you will be so excited when you finally get there.

I tried messaging you yesterday on Facebook but for some reason it wouldnt send.:rofl::rofl:

Nadine

Facebook is prob fed up of my moaning on there and banned me:rofl::rofl:

Good news your are off soon when do you exchange/complete on the house?

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 6781868)
Hi Tina,

Have a great holiday. Fingers crossed the house will sell while you're away. Typical eh, you will have wasted money on a validation trip.

The house WILL sell in the end, I know it.:wub:

Thanks Fly xx

tiger222 Sep 14th 2008 9:18 am

AAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHHH!!!! I can't imagine selling 4 times over! That's way to frustrating.

Good thing you're not easily daunted. It must be a test to see if you're determined to make this change.

Fly Away Sep 14th 2008 9:22 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6781870)
Well, I would post on here but seeing as I applied 2 April, I'm not welcome!

Good thing I'm an honorary February Applicant!! :rofl:

Ahhh Tiger, I didn't know where to draw a line and chose the end of March because not many people have their visas yet in April onwards. You can post on here anytime lovely.:wub:

aus2be Sep 14th 2008 9:30 am

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 6781879)
Facebook is prob fed up of my moaning on there and banned me:rofl::rofl:

Good news your are off soon when do you exchange/complete on the house

Well you have to complian somewhere don't we :rofl::rofl: We are hoping to complete end of month but everything seems to be going ok at the mo thankfully.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nadine:wub:

tiger222 Sep 14th 2008 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away (Post 6781892)
Ahhh Tiger, I didn't know where to draw a line and chose the end of March because not many people have their visas yet in April onwards. You can post on here anytime lovely.:wub:

You could have named it "got your VISA check in thread!" Why limit it to dates?