Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by AshyB
evenin all...it's been a bit quite on here lately...looks like Nige, Mary, Nic, Jas are all too busy enjoying the sun!

we had the removal guys in yesterday and now the house is empty!! less than 1 week till we fly out...just need the £/$ to go skywards again and it'll be a brilliant christmas!
Have a great flight!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:15 am
Just Joined

Purplestreaks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
HI everyone!
Just checking in as not been on for ages - no house sale so depressed as hell!!
Hope everyone else is getting sorted and is either about to go or already has

Heading out to perth at end of april to validate and booking our flights after christmas
Hey you sound like you're in the same boat as us! We have to validate by April and was hoping to go for good then but the house still hasn't sold, so will have to go on a hol...
It's such a bummer isn't it.... grrrrrr!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:05 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Originally Posted by Purplestreaks
Hey you sound like you're in the same boat as us! We have to validate by April and was hoping to go for good then but the house still hasn't sold, so will have to go on a hol...
It's such a bummer isn't it.... grrrrrr!!!!
I'm in same position, but have just validated and it was great!
It's such a great feeling to have that passport stamped and know it's done and dusted! Now we dont have to stress to sell the house can take our time.... so all in all it was not such a bummer.... however, the £5k it cost us to do it all was a bummer that'll take years to pay off lol!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:39 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys,

Mary is still waiting on Internet imsure she will do an update soon

Nic is still waiting to exchange and going mad cant believe she is still waiting

Nige is having a blast

we are all on facebook, can I mention that here Im sorry if i cant mods I dont think its a rival

goodluck to any one flying out soon

its so hot on the sunshine coast unreal
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my mental breakdown are here....

Didn't want to drag you all down but Niamh said you were wondering where I was hiding!

Hopefully back on form soon.

Wishing everyone well and I will catch up soon.

xxx
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:28 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Me and my mental breakdown are here....

Didn't want to drag you all down but Niamh said you were wondering where I was hiding!

Hopefully back on form soon.

Wishing everyone well and I will catch up soon.

xxx
wb Flyway didn't realise you were mental! You're welcome to join shedheads united with Loubiegreen and me - we always stressin

On a more serious note - I hope you are ok - not sure what's been going on but hope u feel better soon
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasb
wb Flyway didn't realise you were mental! You're welcome to join shedheads united with Loubiegreen and me - we always stressin

On a more serious note - I hope you are ok - not sure what's been going on but hope u feel better soon
Thanks Jasb. My breakdown is due to our house sale which has been going on for 6 months. We have changed and cancelled our plans so many times due to the buyer messing round and our lives are completely screwed because we have no idea what will happen. Trying to live our UK life not knowing when it will end or if if we will be stuck here and will have to validate.

So why are you and Loubie stressing??? Or is it life, the universe and emmigration?

Hope you had a good validation trip.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:53 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

Thanks Jasb. My breakdown is due to our house sale which has been going on for 6 months. We have changed and cancelled our plans so many times due to the buyer messing round and our lives are completely screwed because we have no idea what will happen. Trying to live our UK life not knowing when it will end or if if we will be stuck here and will have to validate.

So why are you and Loubie stressing??? Or is it life, the universe and emmigration?

pmsl.... yes, life, the universe and emmigration

I understand the house prob and hope it gets better for you soon. We both got our visas same day but cant remember when your validation date is.

Having just validated I can honestly say it's well worth it! Even though I had to take out a 5k loan, travel with a nutty toddler and a pre-teen who doesn't want to go - it was brilliant Means now we dont have to stress that house hasn't sold and we had a good hol with fantastic weather. Felt amazing when we had done it knowing we got that stamp in the passport and next time we do the trip - it'll be just one way So if the worst case scenario is validating.... it's not that bad
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I understand the house prob and hope it gets better for you soon. We both got our visas same day but cant remember when your validation date is.

Having just validated I can honestly say it's well worth it! Even though I had to take out a 5k loan, travel with a nutty toddler and a pre-teen who doesn't want to go - it was brilliant Means now we dont have to stress that house hasn't sold and we had a good hol with fantastic weather. Felt amazing when we had done it knowing we got that stamp in the passport and next time we do the trip - it'll be just one way So if the worst case scenario is validating.... it's not that bad
Thanks Jasb.

Our validation date is April fools day!!! Do you think that's a sign?? So we have 4 months left yet but hoping to emigrate in Feb / March.

LOL at the nutty toddler and grumpy pre-teen. I'm glad you had a good trip despite them. I have a grumpy pre-teen too. Wishing like mad that our sale doesn't exchange. Great eh??? Fingers crossed that you do sell soon. This housing market has scuppered so many plans.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

we are going last week of april with a 4 and 2 1\2 year old. dreading it and dont even have the relief of it only being the one way!!! how hard was it? be truthful.......
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:32 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
we are going last week of april with a 4 and 2 1\2 year old. dreading it and dont even have the relief of it only being the one way!!! how hard was it? be truthful.......
Well...... truthfully........ here goes

Violet is a nutter! She gets travel sick and is constantly on the go, cant sit still and if you make her she flips out! Spoke to Dr before we left and she prescribed Phenergan to help with the travel sickness and sedation! 'That'll knock her out' were the words of the Dr!

WRONG! Our nutter daughter is immune to sedation pmsl! But apart from the fact she didn't sleep she was fantastic ! We flew Singapore Airways and they were the best I've ever flown with. We had a bassinet booked but she was too big for it so I didn't bother but at least you get the extra legroom so we were all comfy.

On the way back didn't bother with the Phenergan and she was amazingly fantastic! She slept alot and was sooo good. The grumpy pre-teen was great too - but she always is - she may not want to go but she is a good girl It was however, the most turbulent flight I've ever had with 13 hours out of 18 in turbulance but we got there and back fine!

For all those travelling with infants it's worth knowing that if the child does not have a seat to themselves then they don't have a meal (although the hostesses found extras for Violet so it didn't matter too much for us)

So Clarkeys.... I was dreading it but it really was fine. Just don't think about it - I reckon that's the worst part lol!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

PMSL Jasb.

love Shedhead xx

We are always stressing and I am a permanent Shedhead lolol xx.

Well...... truthfully........ here goes

Violet is a nutter! She gets travel sick and is constantly on the go, cant sit still and if you make her she flips out! Spoke to Dr before we left and she prescribed Phenergan to help with the travel sickness and sedation! 'That'll knock her out' were the words of the Dr!

WRONG! Our nutter daughter is immune to sedation pmsl! But apart from the fact she didn't sleep she was fantastic ! We flew Singapore Airways and they were the best I've ever flown with. We had a bassinet booked but she was too big for it so I didn't bother but at least you get the extra legroom so we were all comfy.

On the way back didn't bother with the Phenergan and she was amazingly fantastic! She slept alot and was sooo good. The grumpy pre-teen was great too - but she always is - she may not want to go but she is a good girl It was however, the most turbulent flight I've ever had with 13 hours out of 18 in turbulance but we got there and back fine!

For all those travelling with infants it's worth knowing that if the child does not have a seat to themselves then they don't have a meal (although the hostesses found extras for Violet so it didn't matter too much for us)

So Clarkeys.... I was dreading it but it really was fine. Just don't think about it - I reckon that's the worst part lol!
It is nice to know that we are not the only one with a pre-teen that doesn't want to go, we have one as well. The teen is brill and excited, the other 2 are a little too young to understand the full ins and outs of it all but the pre-teen is dreading every little bit of it.

Good luck to all.

Lou aka Shedhead lolol xx
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:22 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

YES WE'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

We are so chuffed, cant believe it, so worth the wait!!!

Our timeline:

Application sent: 11th March 08 online - 885 - frontloaded.

Application Approved : 2nd December 08

Congrats to everyone who already has theirs, and goodluck to all those whom are still waiting!!

KatieXX

Last edited by welshoz; Dec 3rd 2008 at 12:23 am. Reason: wanted itin pink :-)
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Way heyyy! Welcome to visa town. Let the fun begin
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshoz
YES WE'VE GOT IT!!!!!!

We are so chuffed, cant believe it, so worth the wait!!!

Our timeline:

Application sent: 11th March 08 online - 885 - frontloaded.

Application Approved : 2nd December 08

Congrats to everyone who already has theirs, and goodluck to all those whom are still waiting!!

KatieXX
Congratulations Welshoz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.