Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Tiger - you were slow!! Must have been the time difference. I've done the BEupdate and everything, so you can't tell me off.

It's the TIME DIFFERENCE - you're 6 hours ahead.

When I was up at 2am, you hadn't posted. Just as well, I needed to get more rest.

The Time Difference gives people the opportunity to fill out BE Update without me having to "get after them"
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:24 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you Nic, it's about bloody time!

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
wwoooooooooooooooooooowwwwww, effin hell. Thats amazing news. I cant believe it. Hey, didnt I say to you that you'd have it this week????

You'll have people queing up wanting a visa forecast
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:06 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
WOW - What Great News - about time too - whats next??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:12 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

This has been a great thread to read through I have enjoyed reading through it and it is great to hear from you all.

So FUNSHINE you leave on the 18th as well? Who you flying with??

I cant believe how quickly the time is going in it will be 4 weeks on Sat and I think now I am panicing and thinking od CRAP what am I doing

Nadine
Hi Nadine - we are flying with Singapore airways - stopping off in Singapore (few hours) then Brisbane. We get 40kg each on a one way ticket with an unused visa - did you get the same - if not ask - we thought it would be great 'cos our container could take 3 months to get there - so we need to pack..... toys?

BTW - if any of you have children, a friend of mine in Oz says to buy clothes (t-shirts, shorts etc) of various ages from Primark as she has not found anywhere equivalent in Oz and kids clothes can be quite expensive. Have any of you heard different? Good idea for clothes to mess around in – and they grow out of them so quickly!

Tracey
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:17 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by funshine
Hi Nadine - we are flying with Singapore airways - stopping off in Singapore (few hours) then Brisbane. We get 40kg each on a one way ticket with an unused visa - did you get the same - if not ask - we thought it would be great 'cos our container could take 3 months to get there - so we need to pack..... toys?

BTW - if any of you have children, a friend of mine in Oz says to buy clothes (t-shirts, shorts etc) of various ages from Primark as she has not found anywhere equivalent in Oz and kids clothes can be quite expensive. Have any of you heard different? Good idea for clothes to mess around in – and they grow out of them so quickly!

Tracey

We're flying with Singapore as well When i rang to ask whether we needed an email off them to say we could have 40kg, the woman just said as long as we'd got an unused visa it would ok, no paperwork required, is that what you were told?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Tracey
Hi Tracey

We are flying with Maylasian airlines and we called up to see if we get the 40kg baggage allowance and unfortunately we dont get it ............Singapore is the only airline that has the 40kg Bummer that.

Well we will manage ok I hope

Did you book a one way ticket?? I couldnt believe we were booking a one way ticket it felt great.

Nadine
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:49 pm
Loving the Sunshine

Originally Posted by mary1967
We're flying with Singapore as well When i rang to ask whether we needed an email off them to say we could have 40kg, the woman just said as long as we'd got an unused visa it would ok, no paperwork required, is that what you were told?
YES - thats what the agent said - and we also phoned Singapore airways and they also said that - you must be feeling like us - worried we will turn up at the airport with loads of baggage only to be told we only have 20kg but - I am sure its true - we will call again I think to double check again

Hi Tracey

We are flying with Maylasian airlines and we called up to see if we get the 40kg baggage allowance and unfortunately we dont get it ............Singapore is the only airline that has the 40kg Bummer that.

Well we will manage ok I hope

Did you book a one way ticket?? I couldnt believe we were booking a one way ticket it felt great.

Nadine

I am sure it will all be ok - are you sending your things accoss the ocean? We have a container booked - and we are taking just about everything.

Yes - one-way! Feels strange I know - it has not sunk in yet - it still just feels like we are planning a holiday - I think it will be more real when I leave work and when they come to pack up our house... getting exciting, but still so unreal.

How are you both feeeling??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:51 pm
Loving the Sunshine

Hi Nadine - what time is your flight on the 18th?? Tracey
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi Nadine - what time is your flight on the 18th?? Tracey
We are both a little nervous but excited we are not completly sure what we are doing with our stuff

Im not bothered about taking them and we have asked the person who is buying the house if he would like to but the contents as well so we are waiting an answer on that.

Our flight is at 12pm sat afternoon and arriver in Perth at 3pm sunday 19th what about you?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:13 pm
Loving the Sunshine

We are both a little nervous but excited we are not completly sure what we are doing with our stuff

Im not bothered about taking them and we have asked the person who is buying the house if he would like to but the contents as well so we are waiting an answer on that.

Our flight is at 12pm sat afternoon and arriver in Perth at 3pm sunday 19th what about you?
We are leaving at 22:05 and arriving Brisbane 2 days later (20th) at 6:35... we are also very excited. So when we get to the airport - you will be on your way already!

We are taking all our things with us - we will not get much if we sell and will have to buy again the other side - which would cost lots new - or alternative is to buy cheap or second hand - we want our own things! A few things came with us from South Africa - we will have well travelled furniture
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are leaving at 22:05 and arriving Brisbane 2 days later (20th) at 6:35... we are also very excited. So when we get to the airport - you will be on your way already!

We are taking all our things with us - we will not get much if we sell and will have to buy again the other side - which would cost lots new - or alternative is to buy cheap or second hand - we want our own things! A few things came with us from South Africa - we will have well travelled furniture

Yeah we will be in the air by the time you get to Airport. It is going to go in so quickly and it will be 18th before we know it

I only decided a few weeks ago that I didnt want to take everything with us and just to buy new when we get there but if the person who is buying the house doesnt want to buy it all as a job lot then we will ship everything as we will never get it all sold individually.

How you feeling about the big move??
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222

It's the TIME DIFFERENCE - you're 6 hours ahead.

When I was up at 2am, you hadn't posted. Just as well, I needed to get more rest.

The Time Difference gives people the opportunity to fill out BE Update without me having to "get after them"
LOL, I've seen you telling folk off and here's me posting it in 6foot high letters all over the forum and you missed it. Sleeping is no excuse.

Originally Posted by mary1967
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you Nic, it's about bloody time!

You'll have people queing up wanting a visa forecast
Thanks Mary!! (AGAIN!!) Actually Nige said it would be the week before, but I don't hold that against him.

WOW - What Great News - about time too - whats next??
Thanks Funshine. have to exchange contracts on the house - otherwise we're going nowhere.....

Just discovered the visa for me and DD is for our old passports - despite phoning and emailing 4 times to tell them we had changed... Too tired to try and work out what to do. I suppose we have time. God, they are pretty hopeless.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:16 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Tracey
Hi Tracey

your friend is right there is nothing here like primark at all they have a cheap range in kmart but its very basic nothing like the nice cheap t shirts and shorts you can get so ild load up my mil is sending loads over to me
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:25 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

LOL, I've seen you telling folk off and here's me posting it in 6foot high letters all over the forum and you missed it. Sleeping is no excuse.

Thanks Mary!! (AGAIN!!) Actually Nige said it would be the week before, but I don't hold that against him.

Thanks Funshine. have to exchange contracts on the house - otherwise we're going nowhere.....

Just discovered the visa for me and DD is for our old passports - despite phoning and emailing 4 times to tell them we had changed... Too tired to try and work out what to do. I suppose we have time. God, they are pretty hopeless.
as far as i know its all linked my DH visa is on his old passport but when we entered Australia on his new one it was there. its all on computer now you dont need the sticker any more as long as you have a copy of your grant letter

but ring them to be sure
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
Hi

Good luck for the flight, not long now!

Good idea about stocking up at Primark or similar, as there is no equivalent here, you can go to Target or Kmart but choice is not so good and quality is really poor, I bought 2 T shirts for my son and they lasted 2 washes. When I took them back to complain, the girl said "what do you expect for $10?" but I reckon a £5 T shirt would have lasted ok in the UK, so was not impressed.

I also would have stocked up on toiletries to have gone in the container as they are pretty expensive here too, they don't have so many own brands for deodorants, shower gel, shampoo etc so they tend to be pricey.

BTW - we are in Tas, so mainland may well be a lot better!

Good luck again

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.